Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
My whole family is cut up after my teen daughter's trans-lesbian poc friend from college pelted us with a set of swastika shaped throwing stars that my grandfather brought home from WWII. I had them displayed under my private shrine to hitler that "she" found while she claimed she was looking for the "womynz" restroom. What stings more than the shallow slashes are the insinuations that I am a racist. Does anyone know a lawyer that will take the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

How is this controversial? Are there really people who are on OPs side? Even the "my house my rules people" should accept that she can leave, which she did. "Why is she so pouty, I say poutily"

Controversial means 'assload of down votes'.

It's my favorite sorting tool for r/relationships for that reason!

Efb

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tythas posted:

man sorting by controversial is a gold mine

AITA for asking my pregnant wife to dress more modestly?

as an unashamed pregnant fetisher weirdo, bless this woman and all like her

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

There's a series of bombings in New York department stores and the terrorist calls in to the police that he'll stop his attacks only if I walk around Harlem wearing a sandwich board that says

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for feeling hurt by my family for ignoring my birthday?

quote:

I am a twin. My immediate family and extended family have all made big extravagant posts on facebook about how great my sister is and then more of them all commented on each other’s posts “happy birthday [my sister]!” Even my mother made a facebook story wishing my sister happy birthday. Is it wrong that I feel hurt? They didn’t do this last year and I thought we’ve always gotten along well.

INFO: They all live in another continent from us (except my mom). So they can’t do anything for our birthday lol, this is all through facebook. I do have fb too. Well last year they did all say happy birthday to me, so it’s just a slap in the face that none did this year. We see 5/25 of them once a year for 2 weeks and the trip is always great. So if I did something to piss them all off then I’m clueless as to what
From a comment further down

quote:

INFO
Did your mom make a fb post wishing you a happy birthday??

quote:

No. I don’t want to ask either, it looks petty. I did mention it to my sister and she thinks my mom forgot to put my name. My mom works with computers for a living so I don’t think so

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Tythas posted:

sorting by controversial normally means it got a lot of "downvotes" or people thought that the OP was a grade A dirtbag

also no one was on OP's side

LadyPictureShow posted:

Controversial means 'assload of down votes'.

It's my favorite sorting tool for r/relationships for that reason!

Efb
OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for failing to “be happy” for my brother after he effortlessly got the job I’ve been dreaming about having since I was a little kid?

I really want to know who this is now. Also the right move is to wait for your brother's career to take off and ask him to pull some strings to get you a role.
Found their photo:

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

speaking of bad posting

AITA for telling a girl that skimpy clothes incites catcalling?

quote:

I've been talking to this girl for about 3 months now and we have already progressed to "a thing". For all I know, she really likes me and I really like her. Things for us have been pretty good up until this point.

Last night, she was downtown with her girlfriends seeing some band they like. They were drinking and I was a little inebriated at the time myself. She kept sending me snapchat videos of her walking down the street and from what I could see in the videos, they were all wearing booty shorts with high crop tops (i swear one of the tops looked like a bra). She then proceeds to text me that she's been catcalled more than five times just walking the strip.

I told her that "If yall weren't wearing skimpy clothes you wouldn't get catcalled as much" which I think is fair to say. Some girls dress all showy to highlight sexual aspects of their body. They SEEK attention by doing this in my opinion. She then proceeds to blow up on me saying "You're so ignorant gently caress you, you don't know what it's like to be a girl". And she's right, I have no idea what it's like to be a girl. I wasn't saying that its HER fault that she's getting catcalled, I'm saying that if she wasn't wearing revealing clothes, it wouldn't happen as often.

The conversation petered out shortly after with more gently caress you's and me just trying to defend myself. We are currently not speaking and I feel like poo poo.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here or is this just some big miscommunication?

Edit: Wow I didn't expect to trigger this many women! I think you're misinterpreting the point I tried to make. This is not a blame game. This is simple cause and effect which I made clear to her. She took it out of context and blew up on me.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

AITA for telling my boyfriend to stop watching children’s cartoons?

quote:

So my boyfriend is 26 and we’ve been dating for almost 5 years. He’a a big guy with a soft heart which is why I love him. He’s compassionate, kind, loving and caring and even sensitive.

But here’s the thing. I learned recently that he likes to watch children’s cartoons like Cailou and Arthur sometimes at night or whenever he’s relaxing and it really irritates me. He’s a grown man, why is he watching stuff that 2 year olds watch??

So I brought it up to him last night and he nonchalantly said that’s what he likes sometimes because it reminds him of growing up and misses those days. I get that but really??? You still watch that stuff? He might’ve gotten defensive because he brought up how I go on Facebook for my free time (he doesn’t have social media) or watch certain movies or shows that he might not approve of.

Is this normal for a guy his age to watch that stuff? It’s weird. He also cries sometimes when watching something sad or that reminds him of something. I like that about him but sometimes he can cry at the stupidest things.

Edit: Since he doesn’t have Facebook or social media he’ll sometimes be passive aggressive with me by making comments of how I’m using it too much or could be talking to him when he texts me. Why should he care that I’m on Facebook and make snide remarks about how I’m always on there? I don’t think that’s fair

Alright I got it I’m the rear end in a top hat

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
The only thing car flipper did wrong is not waiting until the kid was gone to let the new owner take possession.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tythas posted:

AITA for telling my boyfriend to stop watching children’s cartoons?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Tythas posted:

speaking of bad posting

“hoho, i didn’t expect to trigger so many of you!” i say good-faithfully

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Another RACIST post

AITA for asking a different employee prepare my food?

quote:

2 days ago I went to my favorite shawarma place and got a tawouk platter to go as well as a beef shawarma wrap. The tawouk was for me but I noticed a white employee was preparing my plate. I've never seen him here before. Another employee was making my girlfriend's food so I asked if he could make mine, too.

The way I see it, if I'm getting food like this, a white guy isn't going to know how to make it. Some of it is prepared in advance, yes, but he's not going to know how to dress the plate, a good ratio of accoutrements, etc.

The white guy said "really dude?" and continued making my meal. The other employee said it was rude and just to let things happen. Whatever. When I got home, I gave my girlfriend my food and I just ate what I ordered for her.

Was I the rear end in a top hat, though? I'm not racist, I just think someone who grew up with this kind of food is going to prepare it the best. It's like getting Italian food from a Jamaican or Greek food from an Afghan. It's not the same as someone native to that cuisine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Piell posted:

AITA for feeling hurt by my family for ignoring my birthday?

From a comment further down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWcBwgxUyuM

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Calliou is lame, but Arthur is pretty good.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Tythas posted:

Another RACIST post

Sorry to break the illusion but if this is the USA no matter the cuisine if you can't see the kitchen everyone in there is Mexican.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tythas posted:

Another RACIST post

You missed the first white.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Demon Of The Fall posted:

ew, gross

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Tythas posted:

speaking of bad posting

'Had they simply had the good sense to be born a man, none of these women would've been catcalled, so really"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

the body of a pregnant female is gross, beep boop, hmmm yes that's an interesting take

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
nobody wants to know or cares what makes your peepee tingle, hope that helps

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

HOT BREAD! posted:

nobody wants to know or cares what makes your peepee tingle, hope that helps

wow, rude

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

quote:

I understand the outrage at display of the flag in public buildings, but I feel like this was different. I did not have my flag out in my front yard, it wasn't in my living room, it was in my private office, behind closed doors.

Might want to reconsider this - so potential guests know they're entering the home of an unrepentant racist shithead, from a long line of similar unrepentant racist shitheads.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Wow I didn't expect that jerk with the pregnant wife's point about creeps to be proven in this very thread

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blade Runner posted:

Wow I didn't expect that jerk with the pregnant wife's point about creeps to be proven in this very thread

Why the hell not.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Blade Runner posted:

dang, lot of preggo haters in this thead! pregnant woman should wear burkas at all times, I agree OP

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dang, lot of preggo haters in this thead! pregnant woman should wear burkas at all times, I agree OP

Yes, not treating pregnant women like a walking manifestation of my personal fetish is definitely the same as what this says.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I think the woman is fine and can wear whatever she wants and is comfortable in, but slamming in with how bad you want to gently caress the dude's wife, rear end in a top hat as he may be, not only proves him right but makes you kinda a creep

hth

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Blade Runner posted:

I think the woman is fine and can wear whatever she wants and is comfortable in, but slamming in with how bad you want to gently caress the dude's wife, rear end in a top hat as he may be, not only proves him right but makes you kinda a creep

hth

never said I wanted to gently caress anyone's wife, why are you projecting your unconscious thoughts to me dude??

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

never said I wanted to gently caress anyone's wife, why are you projecting your consciousness to me dude??

The thing that you actually said is creepy though because your sexual desires are not at all relevant to how women should be treated.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
:chloe: slowly getting bigger

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

never said I wanted to gently caress anyone's wife, why are you projecting your unconscious thoughts to me dude??

???

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

All I did was bring up my sexual fetish and express joy at how a particular woman was described as dressing, why does everyone assume I want to gently caress that sexy woman?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

beautiful human submarines

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

can you read my man? drat lol

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

"in MY opinion it is okay that this pregnant woman dresses in a way that she finds comfortable and enjoyable, because it make my pp hard"

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
dude, just take the L and move on, this is embarrassing

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

can you read my man? drat lol

are you black or just using a bunch of super cazzz AAVE to be cool. I want to know this also while I’m still laughing.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
we all wanna gently caress hot pregnant babes, it's cool, we don't need to discuss it more here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

we all wanna gently caress hot pregnant babes, it's cool, we don't need to discuss it more here

my man. i'll drop it. :hfive:

MasBrillante posted:

are you black or just using a bunch of super cazzz AAVE to be cool. I want to know this also while I’m still laughing.

I am a meat popsicle