Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If the sequel is just as horny as BotW I would appreciate it not being spooky as well

My heart can only take so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Link is (partially?) possessed

Zelda's connection to her goddess powers is diminished

Zelda cut her hair to make it easier to animate

Perfect setup for Zelda as playable character

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The trailer definitely frames Zelda as the focal character.

I love the green wisps which are similar but still distinct from the malice.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

it seems pretty clear that the green hand begins as a disembodied thing that's holding back the evil zombie / sealing in the evil power. for some reason link reaches out and touches it, which confers the green hand power to him, but also releases the evil zombie and allows the pink badguy slime to explode everywhere. when the green hand reaches out to catch the other human hand, it's pretty obviously link w/ green hand grabbing zelda's hand (the glove on the human hand matches the gloves she's wearing in one of the shots where she lifts a torch).

the real mystery will be why they were spelunking under hyrule castle in the first place, and for what reason link was forced to remove the green sealing hand and unleash the new main villain.

edit: i'll be a little disappointed if this game reuses the botw overworld. part of my enjoyment of botw was exploring everywhere and finding all the cool poo poo, but now i've done that and i can't just forget my mental map of the botw overworld. really hope they end up transported to some new place for the adventure, since i've turned over every loving rock in botw already

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

This is a really striking image.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Kassad posted:

This is a really striking image.

that's definitely the shadows of the bad guy being captured by the hand of the original person that owned the green arm. basically the flash was so bright that it burned their shadows into the wall, same as the nuclear bombs in nagasaki and hiroshima

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Sure looks like it, but check out the goddamn nails on that hand... It screams "bad guy!" to me.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If they reuse the overworld map it's going to be after a dramatic shift where a lot has changed.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

New Link's Awakening trailer too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsE5SogHigc

DUNGEON BUILDER!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Oh yeah, there's another thing... The eerie music. Is that something played backwards?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The most important thing about BOTW2 is do you think we find out if the girl hosed the orb in the end?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

track day bro! posted:

The most important thing about BOTW2 is do you think we find out if the girl hosed the orb in the end?

i'm pretty sure she broke up with the orb to hook up with a helicopter

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kassad posted:

Oh yeah, there's another thing... The eerie music. Is that something played backwards?

To me it kinda sounded like the temple of time

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Calaveron posted:

To me it kinda sounded like the temple of time

Downloading it and played it in reverse...still sounds like it's in reverse it's nothing.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the real mystery will be why they were spelunking under hyrule castle in the first place, and for what reason link was forced to remove the green sealing hand and unleash the new main villain.

That’s like the least mysterious thing, Ganon punked the Champions by showing up under the castle, so that’d definitely be worth investigating.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zelda's got to be playable, the two of them adventuring together and both being playable just makes so much sense.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Triskelli posted:

That’s like the least mysterious thing, Ganon punked the Champions by showing up under the castle, so that’d definitely be worth investigating.

Especially if they carry on from the hook at the end of BotW that the Divine Beasts are malfunctioning and shutting down.

Regy Rusty posted:

Zelda's got to be playable, the two of them adventuring together and both being playable just makes so much sense.

And they did it before in Spirit Tracks!

One of the reasons I really like Spirit Tracks. Ghost Zelda owned

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Regy Rusty posted:

What if the twist is that only Zelda is playable?

But yeah, they're both going to be playable and this game's going to loving own.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Making Zelda playable, in a Zelda game, seems like the most obvious thing to do and something that would turn Zelda fans absolutely wild, but also Nintendo somehow managed to avoid doing that outside of a couple spin-offs and handheld side games nobody ever played, so.

I suppose by definition one game has to be the first game to go all in on the idea of playable Zelda, but I don't wanna set myself up for disappointment here.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So the corpse guy is definitely Ganondorf right? He even has Malice leaking out of his chest

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Eopia posted:

So the corpse guy is definitely Ganondorf right? He even has Malice leaking out of his chest

Either that or Demise; you notice that his ears aren't pointed like everyone else in Hyrule, only the Gerudo's have round ears.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

track day bro! posted:

what

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

someone's never encountered the side quest about a girl in love with an orb, that is definitely real and exists

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

But that sidequest involves permanently separating her from said orb.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

since you beat the game so soon you missed out on an out-of-the-way shrine quest in a zone that has no divine beast where an NPC is in love with one of those shrine key orbs and the only way she'll give it to you is if you take hot pictures of other sexy robots so she can fap to those instead

botw is the horniest zelda

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'd like to remind goons you can play as Zelda in a Zelda game in two days. Unless we're not counting Cadence of Hyrule.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I dunno. Zelda is pretty strongly implied to have run out of bloodline power and she.... doesn't really have any combat training or physical conditioning to speak of. She is explicitly a giant nerd and has very little else going on for her.

Hardly the most egregious thing in the world, but I do eel like there would be some narrative dissonance between how she's portrayed in BOTW and a hypothetical rear end-kicking Zelda. I love BOTW Zelda - her conflict is interesting and it's great when her scholarly interests bubble up to the surface and she gets all super enthusiastic. But an adventurer? Or at least, the sword-swinging type? I dunno.

Backhand fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 11, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Freaking Crumbum posted:

since you beat the game so soon you missed out on an out-of-the-way shrine quest in a zone that has no divine beast where an NPC is in love with one of those shrine key orbs and the only way she'll give it to you is if you take hot pictures of other sexy robots so she can fap to those instead

botw is the horniest zelda

Finally, the sandbox has purpose again

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Backhand posted:

I dunno. Zelda is pretty strongly implied to have run out of bloodline power and she.... doesn't really have any combat training or physical conditioning to speak of. She is explicitly a giant nerd and has very little else going on for her.

Hardly the most egregious thing in the world, but I do feel like there would be some narrative dissonance between how she's portrayed in BOTW and a hypothetical rear end-kicking Zelda.

That's the point, Link is already a world-class badass and Zelda isn't, so it makes a ton of sense for her to be the one unlocking new powers and growing stronger in the sequel

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Zoran posted:

That's the point, Link is already a world-class badass and Zelda isn't, so it makes a ton of sense for her to be the one unlocking new powers and growing stronger in the sequel

Fair point.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

Finally, the sandbox has purpose again

Make your own purpose

Here's a purpose: get all the towers shrines koroks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Bloop posted:

Make your own purpose

Here's a purpose: get all the towers shrines koroks

No, I don't need more inventory space and I don't give a poo poo about the master sword now

I shall quest to find the orb pervert instead

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

s.i.r.e. posted:

Either that or Demise; you notice that his ears aren't pointed like everyone else in Hyrule, only the Gerudo's have round ears.

Also it’s wearing a bunch of gerudo themed jewelry: it’s Ganondorf.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Backhand posted:

Hardly the most egregious thing in the world, but I do eel like there would be some narrative dissonance between how she's portrayed in BOTW and a hypothetical rear end-kicking Zelda. I love BOTW Zelda - her conflict is interesting and it's great when her scholarly interests bubble up to the surface and she gets all super enthusiastic. But an adventurer? I dunno.

In BOTW you started out as a butt-naked amnesiac who’d been sleeping in a bath for 100 years trying to kill goblins with a stick.
These games are about growing stronger and becoming the hero.

It would also be a logical place to take Zelda’s character arc, since a lot of her struggle in BOTW was about her feeling inadequate next to Link’s natural knack for heroism

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Backhand posted:

Hardly the most egregious thing in the world, but I do eel like there would be some narrative dissonance between how she's portrayed in BOTW and a hypothetical rear end-kicking Zelda. I love BOTW Zelda - her conflict is interesting and it's great when her scholarly interests bubble up to the surface and she gets all super enthusiastic. But an adventurer? Or at least, the sword-swinging type? I dunno.

I really don't think this needs to be a consideration for this fantasy video game

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah if Link gets cursed or taken out of commission, having Zelda decide to step up and save him is the really obvious way for the sequel to go.

You could also have some fun with finding Link's diaries from BotW to mirror the memories etc.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zore posted:

Yeah if Link gets cursed or taken out of commission, having Zelda decide to step up and save him is the really obvious way for the sequel to go.

You could also have some fun with finding Link's diaries from BotW to mirror the memories etc.

Next page: hyup hyup hyup HYAH
Continue?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Next page: hyup hyup hyup HYAH
Continue?

I mean we know Link talks, NPCs have conversations with him and Zelda details things he tells her, the mutism is just for weird 'immersion' purposes.

If Zelda's the protagonist having her be mute while Link chats up a storm would be pretty funny.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I will only truly accept playable Zelda if she keeps making nerdy comments about her surroundings as you explore and do stuff :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

MokBa posted:

New Link's Awakening trailer too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsE5SogHigc

DUNGEON BUILDER!

I see they kept bomb arrows and thievery. Was there any mention of new content outside of the custom dungeon builder? I still wonder about the dx dungeon as well.