Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
5x Hearty Durians
farm 'em by the Faron tower
who needs anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

5x Hearty Durians
farm 'em by the Faron tower
who needs anything else

exactly this, its why i maxed out stam before i got a single heart

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywNYKWQEbZI

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Dude goes to get a haircut, barber happens to be drunk, totally fucks up the haircut. Behold Geralt, the White Trash of Rivia.

e: not pictured; mullet tied into a pony tail on the back side

The Rat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 12, 2019

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FFVIII was a better game than FFVII, dont @ me. Zell might be the worst monk in the series ever, but his goofy as gently caress intro was actually mocapped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S35RuPivHc4

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ffviii way way better than ffvii

or x

or xiii

poo poo the music alone might be some of the best in the series

magic sucked though. no getting around that

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Wasabi the J posted:

Whoa that's a really spicy take. The gently caress?

You know, I was going to write a reply about it being possibly one of the worst controlling triple A games in the last decade, and that the driving model was like it was made by someone who has never actually driven a car, but I'm gonna reinstall it and give it a second chance.

This might actually be it's third chance, but I really want to like it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's fine, whatever your reasoning is, I just never heard it called bluntly bad, y'know?

It makes sense. I had some weird poo poo with the controls, but I wrote it off because I was switching between that and another open world with driving game, so I thought it was just me being bad at games; but for the most part, it controlled fine to me.

Does anyone else here kinda just suck at all games now? I used to be better but I was never appreciably better than my peers. I still enjoy them, but sometimes I feel like I'm not getting the same sense of achievement some players get, and that bums me out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Does anyone else here kinda just suck at all games now? I used to be better but I was never appreciably better than my peers. I still enjoy them, but sometimes I feel like I'm not getting the same sense of achievement some players get, and that bums me out.

I’m still really good at FPS games and can typically top the scoreboards in CoD and BF but I never play them anymore because it’s just exhausting trying to keep up. I also can’t really do multiplayer meetups with friends while I’m going through school and trying to take care of a house so I’m usually on my own.

Tbh though I think you just need to find something to chill out with

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm ferociously bad at twitch shooters. My reflexes are garbage and if that's most of the game I might as well not even play it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Was VIII a good game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Was VIII a good game

better than 7, 10, and 13

the music is super good but you're playing an incel

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Not really, he grows out of it over the course of the game

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hold up

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i just played suffered through 7 last month dont loving @ me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

do we need to take this outside

you and your lame gunblade

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

am i gonna have to play some bullshit moogle feeding or submarine minigame

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We gonna need to call the GTA cops on this dispute?

Lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bitch i got elmags, king anime, on my side on this

do you really want to die on that pixelated hill

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Guys guys guys

All the Final Fantasy games are bad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A Bad Poster posted:

Guys guys guys

All the Final Fantasy games are bad.

This is a take I agree with.

But to each their own. Gonna go walk around in a digital forest and get attacked by wolves. Actually no, Tigtone is on.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh god they're horrid

but ive played through just about all of em

except 2 and 3. actual 2 and 3 on famicom not the us snes ones

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Isn't 2 and 3 in japan just 5 and 6 in the US for some reason?

I bought some multipack of final fantasy 1-3 on gameboy advance sp like 15 years ago. It clearly didn't hold my attention well, but it was for killing time and did that part somewhat okay.

I really still prefer the original Wild Arms over all the other PS1 and earlier RPGs. I might even say, more than Chrono Trigger.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if you like ff games and have a switch then buy the mana collection that came out today and play trials of mana. probably one of the best rpgs on the snes, has the same kind of multiplayer as secret of mana (but you pick your party of 3 out of 6 choices, all with their own intro areas, endings, and interactions)

i played it via emulator a bunch with a translator patch. if you like snes rpgs then it's a no brainer. also the switch version has quicksave/quickload added in, which is very handy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Isn't 2 and 3 in japan just 5 and 6 in the US for some reason?

I bought some multipack of final fantasy 1-3 on gameboy advance sp like 15 years ago. It clearly didn't hold my attention well, but it was for killing time and did that part somewhat okay.

I really still prefer the original Wild Arms over all the other PS1 and earlier RPGs. I might even say, more than Chrono Trigger.

4 in Japan was 2 in America. 6 in Japan was 3 in America. 5 came out in the FF Anthologies set for Playstation as 5.

2 and 3 were on the famicom and are nothing special or worth playing afaik

I wasnt a big fan of a lot of psx rpgs growing up; i liked FF8 and 9 enough, and Parasite Eve. I think I was just playing a shitload of tony hawk instead.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I spent most of my ps1 days playing poo poo like twisted metal and gran turismo. It was a great system for driving sim games at the time. I had a sizable stack of games, but usually found myself playing poo poo like Driver or the old school, top down GTA games.

I rarely found time to care about rpgs, which is why wild arms sticks out so much. Can't really say I cared about rpgs after the ps2 came out. It was all tekken bowl and gta3.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 12, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ps2 was all fighting games and metal gear solid for me. and dvds.

oh hey also they're remaking panzer dragoon and putting it on switch because everything needs to be on switch

nintendo seems to be getting the idea. square enix is too because they just ported fuckin last remnant, the game that no one played even when it came on steam, romancing saga fuckin 3 and another untranslated SaGa game coming to the west for the first time, and they're redoing trials of mana (jesus its weird calling it that after today) in 3d

also a compilation came out of weirdo europe versions of contra bc why the hell not, everything goes on switch. even Witcher 3.

also Banjo Kazooie is in smash now bc everything is on switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I67pPXS96UI

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bitch i got elmags, king anime, on my side on this

i am not king anime, but i am the most vocal about anime.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

being king anime means you get to enact prima nocta rights on all anime pillows

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

king anime would be a good username

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Ff7 is only good through nostalgia goggles. Remake could still rule though. Ff15 was average at worst to above average at best. It got a lot of time out of me though.

Witcher 3 is probably the gold standard for open world games and that’s a big game to put on the switch.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

colachute posted:

Witcher 3 is probably the gold standard for open world games and that’s a big game to put on the switch.

They announced that its coming to Switch. No idea when or if it’ll have the expansions, but I don’t think I’ll buy it a fourth time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dude McAwesome posted:

They announced that its coming to Switch. No idea when or if it’ll have the expansions, but I don’t think I’ll buy it a fourth time.

They already said it would be running at less than native res so it'll be blurry as poo poo on top of looking bad and performing worse. I am so not a fan of these Switch ports.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wargroove is on sale for the switch, I think 13 bucks is a good price considering done of the short comings I've heard about it.

Still wish Nintendo would have announced a new Advance Wars or a Metroid Prime trilogy collection for switch but I'm still excited for everything they've announced.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Dude McAwesome posted:

The official Twitter has been putting up some info. It comes with every expansion/dlc to date, but no release date yet. It's also taking a pretty substantial graphics hit, though that's not super surprising.

E: 720p +dynamic resolution docked, 540p handheld, no vertical synch, but getting that bastard to run at 30fps on a mobile platform must be a bitch and a half. Still clocks in at 32-ish GB.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 12, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

With KSP robotics I created a simple solution to an age old problem: how the hell do I get this rover oriented on the ground?

It's called the Getter-Downer 9000 (Patent Not Pending). I also put a light on a servo/hinge combo to make a swivel spotlight. No real purpose to it, I just think it's cool. The base station also doubles as a science relay.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Damnit next time KSP is on sale on xbox I might have to buy it. I had a pc build of it loving muns ago, but that laptop is dead.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

sunless skies dropped an update wooo

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it worked as of this afternoon and I wanted to pay it forward. Basically if you start with an Xbox Live subscription that has time left on it, you can get the Microsoft Ultimate PC/Xbox game pass for $1. It will convert your remaining time into the Ultimate months for free. Up to 36 of them, in fact.

CNET:Get Xbox Game Pass for free for up to 3 years

I didn't want to drop $$ on 24 months more of Live cards, but I got about 11mo free since I just renewed :getin:

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's a good deal, but I don't care about game pass. And I'm not due to renew for 6 more months.

Really is a good deal though. If I was closer to my renewal, I'd probably jump on.