Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

UA3 comes out next month.

Huh. For some reason I was convinced it was November release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wonder if the VA for DP is going to be the one from the original games or if it is going to be Nolan North

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ultimate Alliance 3 is looking so much better than the Avengers thing, it's crazy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder if the VA for DP is going to be the one from the original games or if it is going to be Nolan North

uhh wasnt north the guy who did the va in the deadpool game

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

site posted:

OTOH, I didn't really feel the voices were the issue in that game

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I thought UA3 was looking way better than the Square offering BEFORE they confirmed Elsa Bloodstone

Square's Avengers might as well not even bother, at this point

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

UA3 gave Thanos back his hat, thus undoing the MCU's most grievous sin.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
They better stack Ultimate Alliance 3 with interesting characters, otherwise you're going to be stuck with a lovely half when Thanos does his thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So Nintendo has a thing called the Treehouse Live at E3 where people involved with new games play with Nintendo of America and talk about the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY46t_vapTM

The segment on Ultimate Alliance 3 was pretty good, and in fact they are doing another one live right now.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The Gamespot people just interviewed someone talking about UA3 and it looks awesome. I want to try but that line is super long.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So Nintendo has a thing called the Treehouse Live at E3 where people involved with new games play with Nintendo of America and talk about the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY46t_vapTM

The segment on Ultimate Alliance 3 was pretty good, and in fact they are doing another one live right now.

:allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

site posted:

In the old Ultimate Alliance games he was voiced by John Kassir who also voiced the Cryptkeeper from Tales from the Crypt

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ahahaha that's amazing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Any word on alternate costumes?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Alternate costumes were confirmed in the Treehouse stream, here: https://youtu.be/g0xKL_g1iFc

(Time stamp is about 8:50)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Into the Spider-Verse costume for Miles please

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Into the Spider-Verse costume for Miles please

It's either that or no costume for an alt. I don't think Miles has had another costume in comics since his debut.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Alternate costumes were confirmed in the Treehouse stream, here: https://youtu.be/g0xKL_g1iFc

(Time stamp is about 8:50)

Oh man, Combofiend, nooooo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

For some reason I thought his current costume was a minor tweak on his original, but that's not the case. Anyway, put the Spider-Verse costume and the Spider-Verse off-the-rack costume in as alternates.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'll also be slim pickin's if Miles is playable in Spider-Man 2. It'd probably be those, comic suit, and whatever original suit Insomniac comes up with for his default.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think Miles got a Captain Universe costume in the last comic spider-verse retread

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Endless Mike posted:

For some reason I thought his current costume was a minor tweak on his original, but that's not the case. Anyway, put the Spider-Verse costume and the Spider-Verse off-the-rack costume in as alternates.

And the Spider-Verse hoodie costume.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So I've been replaying PS4 Spidey and I just snapped Avengers Tower, and Peter mentions that the Avengers are on the west coast at the moment, which tracks with them being in San Francisco in the game.

But then how can Taskmaster be on both coasts? Hmmm...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

So I've been replaying PS4 Spidey and I just snapped Avengers Tower, and Peter mentions that the Avengers are on the west coast at the moment, which tracks with them being in San Francisco in the game.

Both of those are just a joke about the West Coast Avengers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Both of those are just a joke about the West Coast Avengers.

So you're saying there's a West Coast Taskmaster?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's like James Bond, it's a title.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

During the presentation announcing the Avengers game, they said that they’re going to have a special surprise for PS4. It seems pretty obvious that they’re getting at least early access to Spider-Man in the game.

IF Square can make Avengers half as good as Spider-Man, it’ll be a really fun co op game.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

In cancelled game news, here's a whole album of in-progress stuff from the cancelled Spider-Man 4 game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I know the Marvel Knights DLC in UA3 is just going to be street characters, but it’d be kind of awesome if it included characters from the less street level MK books like the Sentry and Marvel Boy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1141397830180978691

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Jesus captain America looks so tubby

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's gonna be costume swap at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know it's probably a super early placeholder model, but the crustiness of the suit webbing is upsetting.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've seen so much chuff defending the game about how the Avengers doesn't need to look like the movie counterparts, but looking like the movie counterparts isn't the issue as much as looking kinda bad is.

PS4 Spider-Man didn't look anything like Tobey Maguire or Tom Holland (maybe a little bit like Andrew Garfield) but no one cared because the characters were stylized in a way that looked good-to-passable. But Square-Enix has got Tony looking like Andrew Jensen after losing a fight with a couple of tubs of ice cream and a month without nano-shaving.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
For whatever it's worth, I saw the behind-closed-doors demo on Avengers, and the characters all looked a lot better there.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Wanderer posted:

For whatever it's worth, I saw the behind-closed-doors demo on Avengers, and the characters all looked a lot better there.

Are you saying that in the early part of the game an Incursion happens and better looking versions of the Avengers show up and we play as them for the rest of the game?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's played in 3rd person so it doesn't matter what Cap's face looks like, it's all about America's rear end.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

OnimaruXLR posted:

I've seen so much chuff defending the game about how the Avengers doesn't need to look like the movie counterparts, but looking like the movie counterparts isn't the issue as much as looking kinda bad is.
If they couldn't get rights to the likenesses or didn't want it to be associated with the MCU, they shouldn't have given everyone MCU styled costumes. That's really my issue. There's a lot of other more comic accurate costumes and looks but they directly went to the ones that make everyone look like their movie counterparts and it just ends up making them look like movie stunt doubles.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also very specifically the MCU lineup of Avengers in general. I think part of it when you compare it to Spider-Man is that Spider-Man has had three movie incarnations, so having another one isn't weird, but most of the Avengers have only had one, so it stands out a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Yeah I think a lot of it is an uncanny valley effect from trying to so specifically ape an MCU aesthetic without trying to copy the actors faces when those faces are so recognizable and well known . There’s a ton of marvel mobile games out there that can’t get actor likeness rights either but they all try to strike a balance between the movie and comics interpretations, and it doesn’t cause the same commotion.

Also also, Cap’s face is just straight up a bad face.