Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

When I first saw Bridezillas all those years ago it was eye opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Beachcomber posted:

If it was vegetable rape tier, the kids should know so they can limit contact appropriately.
in a fairer world, he would have it tattooed on his forehead, but this isn't that world so it's not that easy

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Lawlicaust posted:

horrible ex wife stuff

I don't mean to pry, but what attracted you to someone like that in the first place? How did you get to know her well enough to marry and have kids but not notice what a garbage person she was?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I (36m) have an age old question before marriage to my fiancée (34f) that may cause undesired side effects

Now truthfully, he seems to have figured out to not ask the question, but with the fact that he even wanted to ask it, I think this problem may come back.
He's going to ask in a couple of months when he thinks that "he's ready for it". Spoiler alert: he won't be.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Palpek posted:

When I first saw Bridezillas all those years ago it was eye opening.

Please be respectful and use the proper original designation, Bridejiras.

Pranks!

quote:

Dear Annie: My office mates and I enjoy a good prank as a way of keeping things light. Recently, a good friend of mine, "Jimmy," went on an extended vacation with his family. I decided to do a prank I have long wanted to do: put his house up for sale. My wife, "Diana," told me that I would get arrested and go to jail. I laughed it off, as she often says this to me when I am considering a next-level prank.

I listed his home in a local paper, "for sale by buyer," and described "myself" as a motivated seller. I instructed readers to call "my" cellphone. I put "for sale" signs in his yard and even went the extra mile of putting up banners. I was surprised that the neighbors never said a word. Well, as you can imagine, my friend's phone rang hundreds of times while he and his family were vacationing. I thought it was funny, as did my office mates. But my friend did not.

It has been six months since this prank, and I should mention he got two really good offers, and he still won't speak to me. I am hurt, confused, a bit angry, and wondering why on earth he, his wife and his two adult children are so angry. I took the signs and banners down like they asked, but they are still mad. Even my wife is still fuming because she says I ruined his trip. If you ask me, he shouldn't be spending all that money in the first place. What really gets my goat is that my office workers have now turned on me, too.

"Diana" is thoroughly sick of your poo poo, as are your co-workers. Enjoy your richly deserved impending divorce and unemployment.

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 12, 2019

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you’re not American, please try to imagine getting three vacation days a year if you’re doing WELL, and having them ruined by your coworker for any reason at all.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Anne Whateley posted:

Not you in particular, but everyone is like "sheesh get along after a breakup, just be adults!!" but nobody thinks of the vegetable rape guy
A lot of stories leave lasting impressions and this is certainly one of them for me. I think of the vegetable rape guy more than I'd like to.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
Jokes!

quote:

Dear Amy: My wife and I are successful, hardworking physicians in our late 50s.

For many years we have had stress in our marriage that often centers around my tendency to focus on perceived "wrongs," and what I believe is her tendency to say things with hurtful intent.

After I saw a therapist, I worked harder to understand this, and our relationship has improved over the last year.

Until last night. We were watching a television show when a commercial came on. It featured a handsome man of about my age, standing in front of a very nice island home. He invited the viewers to enjoy financial independence.

I mentioned that I would like to join him on his island of wealth.

My wife said that she would like to run away with him (laughing, of course).

I did not share her laugh. I went up to bed.

Then I began to fixate on her comment, and why she thought that was so funny. I think what made it more hurtful to me is that A: I have thinning hair, and B: I just worked for over two hours making dinner for her because she was working late.

Later, I told her that her comment hurt my feelings. She replied, "But it was only a joke." Well, of course, I knew she wasn't going to run off with this handsome actor, but I still wonder if this is how normal, emotionally close couples share humor?

-- Upset Husband

How are you in your 50s and still such a fragile child of a man? :smdh:

quote:

Dear Amy: My boyfriend's parents are nice people, but I don't know them very well. His mother made a comment to me that I can't shake. We were out to lunch one day and she made a joke that I would "make a great first wife." She said this in front of her husband, as well as my boyfriend.

I know she meant it as a joke but every time I am around her I worry that she thinks I am not good enough for her son. This makes me uncomfortable around her, and honestly I don't really like her because of it.

To me, jokes come from real feelings, but are masked in a way to avoid confrontation.

How do I address this with her without it being awkward or confrontational?

My boyfriend does not remember her saying it, but he has my back. If we move toward marriage, we will have to address it.

-- Trying to Move Forward

No need to dither: she definitely thinks you are not good enough for her son and she definitely wasn't really joking, as she hates you.

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 12, 2019

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I’d bet that the previous pranks were like “taped someone’s phone cord together” or “sticky note on chair” or something similarly harmless. And the reason his coworkers have turned on him is because dude, screwing with his wife and kids is over the line, dumbass.

I would also bet that if someone did that to him, he would Flip His poo poo.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MagusofStars posted:

I’d bet that the previous pranks were like “taped someone’s phone cord together” or “sticky note on chair” or something similarly harmless. And the reason his coworkers have turned on him is because dude, screwing with his wife and kids is over the line, dumbass.

I would also bet that if someone did that to him, he would Flip His poo poo.

I would burn down whatever he lives in and dare a prosecutor to put it to a jury

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 13, 2019

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

tactlessbastard posted:

Sounds like a self solving problem tbqh

Except that having two cages/colonies of gliders that will probably hate each other, twice the food bill, twice the cage cleanings, and twice the time to bond and play with them as groups if they do not get along. And by not get along I do not mean cute fights:

I mean try to kill each other.

My colony of gliders disapproved when I asked:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Baronjutter posted:

I don't mean to pry, but what attracted you to someone like that in the first place? How did you get to know her well enough to marry and have kids but not notice what a garbage person she was?

Good question. Another longish story.

We met in college and there were some of her behaviors that I just attributed to stupid college stuff. Like being a little messy or being socially awkward at times. The rest of them were really present until much later. She had a horrible childhood, very little friends in school, and no family support. Right before going to college, she had made a lot of life changes. She stopped communicating with most of her family, lost a bunch of weight and got really active, started trying to be more social and get involved in activities. When we met, she was a very different person.

However, she never really dealt with any of the issues of abandonment or abuse from her childhood. She just hid them and pretended they didn't exist. So bit by bit, her new persona started falling apart. She started caring less, didn't take care of herself, didn't get stuff done, stopped going out and doing things, and spent a lot of time online. I thought she was just really busy with her final year of school. Turns out she had an online relationship with some dude who lived in another country. I found out about that, broke up with her, and kicked her out (she was living with me in a house I owned).

Fast-forward six months. It's right before graduation. I've spent the last 6 months working on myself and have only just started to dip my toes back into dating. I had one short relationship but we broke up because I was going to law school 5 hours away. My family has apparently been interacting with her the last 6 months because they really liked her and didn't understand why we broke up (all called off an engagement). They thought it was something I did. I didn't want to tell them the truth because 1) I was ashamed and 2) they were basically the only family she'd ever had so I didn't want to shame her. They convinced me to meet with her to talk.

She acted and looked totally different; just like she did when we started dating. She told me everything she'd done to work on herself. She apologized for all the wrong she had done and took responsibility for her actions. She told me everything she was doing to make her life better. She had taken the MCAT and GRE and was getting ready for grad school. She was going to take the fall off but go either in the spring on the next year to either Med School or a Grad Biology program. Like an idiot, I took her back. Like a total loving moron, I trusted that she was still on birth control.

Round two of this has us living in a new city three months later. We were happy. She was seemingly fine, engaged in doing things, making friends, and happy. She was always talking about job searching and showed me things she had applied for. Everything seemed great...

What I didn't know was that she had bombed both the MCAT and GRE. Her last year of school her grades were so bad that they didn't even help with scores at all. She hadn't been applying for jobs. She had no interest in actually working. By the time she was 6 months along, we just agreed that she would wait until after the baby to search again. Baby comes, we're happy, things seem great for a few more months. We had some small fights about money, taking care of our daughter, and household chores. Pretty sure every couple with a new baby has those. She says that she would like to start searching for a job again and do more around the house so we get a daycare for our daughter. She gets a job that isn't fast food or retail but it is barely above minimum wage. It is meant to be short term until she goes back to school or finds something better. She decides to work on a teaching license. She's lonely and wishes she had friends in the area.

Three months later: She loves her job and doesn't want to do anything else. She got a small promotion (like $.50). No teaching licenses. No grad school (that true came out). She's working more and more and I'm picking up more and more. She seems happy and has friends now. I try to be supportive and let her enjoy her time with friends and back off of encouraging her to follow her plan.

Then the weird things start happening. Last minute working late. Working on weekends. Getting unusually dressed up to go out with friends. Late night texting. Sex life stops. Completely disengages from parenting. I let this go on for far too long because relationship drama is the last thing I need while juggling everything else. Then she just doesn't come home some nights. She claims to be staying with friends. I find out she's been cheating for months with multiple people and has a secret relationship with her boss who is ~14 years older than her (~ versus 23), recently divorced, and deals on the side. She's basically been lying to me and faking who she is for years. So the previous post occurs.

Don't ignore red flags. Sever immediately. Cheaters always cheat.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1138868755247894530?s=21

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
me: *rubs chin thoughtfully* is fraud a prank?
everyone in my life who i love and care about: fraud is not a prank, do not do this
me: i am going to prank someone with fraud

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

:sever: Immediately. How is this a question?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I (36m) have an age old question before marriage to my fiancée (34f) that may cause undesired side effects
Me (M/36) and my future wife (F/34) have talked about everything and been together for about 18 months; we’re engaged now. Talked about everything; Except one thing. How many guys she’s been with and if I measures up.
It amazes me that guys actually let this stupid question fester in their brain. No good comes of that conversation. Your dick size isn't gonna change no matter what your girl answers.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Lawlicaust posted:

She makes the excuse of she isn't home enough to satisfy his needs which just depresses me immensely. There is way too much of a chance that this piece of poo poo has been grooming that very young woman for years.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Lawlicaust posted:

Tell everyone, burn it all to the ground.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Lawlicaust posted:

Good question. Another longish story.

We met in college and there were some of her behaviors that I just attributed to stupid college stuff. Like being a little messy or being socially awkward at times. The rest of them were really present until much later. She had a horrible childhood, very little friends in school, and no family support. Right before going to college, she had made a lot of life changes. She stopped communicating with most of her family, lost a bunch of weight and got really active, started trying to be more social and get involved in activities. When we met, she was a very different person.

However, she never really dealt with any of the issues of abandonment or abuse from her childhood. She just hid them and pretended they didn't exist. So bit by bit, her new persona started falling apart. She started caring less, didn't take care of herself, didn't get stuff done, stopped going out and doing things, and spent a lot of time online. I thought she was just really busy with her final year of school. Turns out she had an online relationship with some dude who lived in another country. I found out about that, broke up with her, and kicked her out (she was living with me in a house I owned).

Fast-forward six months. It's right before graduation. I've spent the last 6 months working on myself and have only just started to dip my toes back into dating. I had one short relationship but we broke up because I was going to law school 5 hours away. My family has apparently been interacting with her the last 6 months because they really liked her and didn't understand why we broke up (all called off an engagement). They thought it was something I did. I didn't want to tell them the truth because 1) I was ashamed and 2) they were basically the only family she'd ever had so I didn't want to shame her. They convinced me to meet with her to talk.

She acted and looked totally different; just like she did when we started dating. She told me everything she'd done to work on herself. She apologized for all the wrong she had done and took responsibility for her actions. She told me everything she was doing to make her life better. She had taken the MCAT and GRE and was getting ready for grad school. She was going to take the fall off but go either in the spring on the next year to either Med School or a Grad Biology program. Like an idiot, I took her back. Like a total loving moron, I trusted that she was still on birth control.

Round two of this has us living in a new city three months later. We were happy. She was seemingly fine, engaged in doing things, making friends, and happy. She was always talking about job searching and showed me things she had applied for. Everything seemed great...

What I didn't know was that she had bombed both the MCAT and GRE. Her last year of school her grades were so bad that they didn't even help with scores at all. She hadn't been applying for jobs. She had no interest in actually working. By the time she was 6 months along, we just agreed that she would wait until after the baby to search again. Baby comes, we're happy, things seem great for a few more months. We had some small fights about money, taking care of our daughter, and household chores. Pretty sure every couple with a new baby has those. She says that she would like to start searching for a job again and do more around the house so we get a daycare for our daughter. She gets a job that isn't fast food or retail but it is barely above minimum wage. It is meant to be short term until she goes back to school or finds something better. She decides to work on a teaching license. She's lonely and wishes she had friends in the area.

Three months later: She loves her job and doesn't want to do anything else. She got a small promotion (like $.50). No teaching licenses. No grad school (that true came out). She's working more and more and I'm picking up more and more. She seems happy and has friends now. I try to be supportive and let her enjoy her time with friends and back off of encouraging her to follow her plan.

Then the weird things start happening. Last minute working late. Working on weekends. Getting unusually dressed up to go out with friends. Late night texting. Sex life stops. Completely disengages from parenting. I let this go on for far too long because relationship drama is the last thing I need while juggling everything else. Then she just doesn't come home some nights. She claims to be staying with friends. I find out she's been cheating for months with multiple people and has a secret relationship with her boss who is ~14 years older than her (~ versus 23), recently divorced, and deals on the side. She's basically been lying to me and faking who she is for years. So the previous post occurs.

Don't ignore red flags. Sever immediately. Cheaters always cheat.

Jesus dude. I'm sorry.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I mean that poo poo is super lazy but maybe she’s really hot who knows? They don’t say how hot she is in the article. :thunk:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

tactlessbastard posted:

Jesus dude. I'm sorry.

It's been many years at this point so I'm good now. I have my daughter. I have my degree. I have a great job. Life is good.

I understand from experience why so many people make terrible loving decisions because I made them too. I just hope one person reads my story and thinks, "drat, I should just :sever: right?"

This thread also makes me appreciate that as hosed up as my stuff was, there are people who make worse decisions like "maybe I should take back my husband who has been loving the neighbors daughter, possibly while she was underage." My daughter has a friend next door that comes over sometimes. I cannot imagine being so brokebrained to ever make a move on that. Even in 20 years. It is too loving weird.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 13, 2019

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

i vomit kittens posted:

AITA for having an internal hatred of attractive people?

plot twist: OP is super hot

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Jokes!

How are you in your 50s and still such a fragile child of a man? :smdh:

Flip the genders and you’d get the same reaction. Who is to say he’s wrong in feeling that? Like he didn’t explode or get crazy he just said it hurt his feelings because he feels unattractive. :shrug:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA I intentionally ruined a gender reveal party

quote:

Throwaway, but hold up before judging

I own a few small bakeries, fairly successful businesses. I still do a lot of the baking at the main store. So this couple comes in and orders a cake from me, gender of the baby is male( they didn't know this, it was in a sealed package they gave me). This would normally be a standard request... However, this couple bullied me almost every day for my 4 years in high school, were talking shaved my head, stuffed me in a locker, sometimes just verbally abused me, all sorts of poo poo, no one did anything because the guy was the superintendents son, my own parents were alcoholics, who while not abusive directly, didn't care about me much, expected me to solve my own issues. This was about 12 years ago, I had to go through years of therapy to get better.

When they ordered the cake, they recognized me and tried to reminisce about all the "fun" we had in high school. Yeah, 4 years of bullying is fun. Unreal. So only I know the gender now, they order a huge cake fit for 200 people, wanted it vanilla flavored. Well, first, I made it carrot cake, second, I used a lot of black food dye, still edible, but no gender. They apparently rented a big hall for this and was almost like a wedding reception, black tie event.

They were pissed, demanded their money back, which is fair enough and I refunded them, but they just went on and on and on about how dumb I was to mess up their cake. I eventually just flipped out and yelled at them going over a lot of the poo poo they did do me, pointed out I hosed up their cake on purpose. They just stormed out without saying anything else. So AITA?

Edit: I realize I put the business at risk, fortunately, the other 3 are doing better than this one anyway, and are about an hour away and a state over in a major city, wheras this one is in a smallish town, it was the first store, but we'd be ok to lose it really, another important thing to note: None of the 4 stores have the same name. Only my wife and I work here, she thought it was kinda mean, but justified.

Such a lust for revenge

Also gender reveal parties are terrible, so this guy did the right thing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if we’d cut out our sister(IL) completely?

Last Sunday, we celebrated my father in law’s birthday. My boyfriend (37), myself and my teenage daughter were invited, as was my Sister in Law (no kids), her husband (H), her boyfriend (BF) and her husband’s girlfriend (GF). They’ve been in this polyamorous relationship for about two years and they all get along fine. All fine with me.

SIL (PhD in neuropsychology) left the ‘rational’ world after a burn-out and became quite… spiritual. Into healings, yoga, gluten free, afraid of wifi radiation, miracle powders (‘it’s not a pyramid scheme, it’s a network approach’), that type. SIL believes in aliens, or ET’s, as she calls them. H, BF and GF are all utterly convinced of this as well. She thinks her ET-guide (let’s call him D, aliens have their privacy as well) uses her to heal people. We think they’re crazy as hell, but hey, live and let live. We only see them like twice or three times a year anyway. They do know we don’t believe in any of that poo poo and do not want to be involved.

Last Sunday at my PIL’s house, BF declared to my boyfriend that he’s an uncle. I was quite surprised, knowing SIL’s infertile, but BF explained that they had an invisible child together. About a year ago, SIL got ‘pregnant’, because the ET-doctors had said so. After a few months, she went to a (human) doctor, who told her she wasn’t (and had never been) pregnant. A lot of confusion, but she still believed she was pregnant (surely the ET’s wouldn’t lie). 6 months later, she ‘gave birth’ to an ‘energetic child’. The child then went to live with D on his starship.

All this while, we kept a straight face. The BF asked if we would like to ‘meet’ this imaginary alien baby. We weren’t too thrilled, but they kinda pushed it. Funny side note: the baby was with another alien, since D ‘was on holiday’. At this point, I couldn’t hold it back any longer and cried with laughter. No hard feelings from their side by the way. After I calmed down, my SIL started ‘channeling’: eyes fluttering, rapid arm movements, heavy breathing, talking in a strange tone of voice, and just taking A-Lot-of-Time. She let ‘the baby talk’ to us, wanting us to sing a song, making us all hold hands, etc. Later, BF said they were trying to bring the baby back to earth, where lizard people live would live who could transform into humans. If the baby would be there, then it could take a human form and they could all be reunited. We just sat it out.

The whole afternoon had just been about them: very little attention for my FIL. When we drove home, boyfriend was furious. He’s really fed up and doesn’t ever want to see his sister again, because they just can’t keep their craziness to themselves. I’m slightly more nuanced: I suggested not meeting them like this again, but occasionally meeting his sister on, for example, her own birthday – when the day really is about her. But he’s just really through with her/them. Would we be the assholes if we’d cut her out completely?

just like imagine ur religion teaches you that you just got cucked by an invisible alien

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Flip the genders and you’d get the same reaction. Who is to say he’s wrong in feeling that? Like he didn’t explode or get crazy he just said it hurt his feelings because he feels unattractive. :shrug:

He ended the conversation, pitched a fit and stomped off to bed. That’s ridiculously childish behavior in a grown person of any gender.

Also “Flip the genders” is a pointless and tiresome exercise.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for keeping my daughter home from kindergarten for the day because the substitute was a male?

quote:

At my daughter’s school, we still have the rest of this week before the summer break begins (a little later than most other districts). My daughter is a kindergartener and dropping her off this morning, I noticed that her regular teacher was gone, and that a substitute was there. This was one of about maybe 5-10 times over the course of the year we’d had a sub; and something about this sub stood out from all the others: he was a male. He was also the youngest of them all, appearing to be in his mid/late 20’s (I didn’t mind this part at all, just an observation).

He seemed like a perfectly nice guy. I got no bad/weird vibes from him as a person. But he is the only man I’ve ever seen in kindergarten at my daughter’s school, and it’s just a little odd. But while it might sound ignorant, I don’t feel 100% as comfortable leaving my daughter with a male I don’t know as I would leaving her with a female.

It would be real different if my daughter were in, say, the second grade or up; in these grades, there are a lot more male teachers/subs who I have a good impression of. But a guy teaching kindergarten...not saying it’s a bad thing at all, but unless I know and trust the guy beforehand, I’m a little nervous about leaving my daughter in his class.

I was nice and friendly to him (he saw us enter), but I whispered to my daughter as she got unpacked, asking if she’d like to have a special day off from school. I don’t think they were doing anything super educational today anyways, since there’s a sub and only two days of school left. She excitedly agreed, but I told her to keep it a secret. I approached the sub a little while later and told him my daughter just told me she’s not feeling well, and I think it might be a good idea to keep her home for the day.

He was super cool with it, seemed to believe me, and didn’t seem like he had any sense that I was uncomfortable with him. I took my daughter home but have been thinking about my decision since. Was I an rear end in a top hat for doing this?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

DemoneeHo posted:

Edit: I realize I put the business at risk, fortunately, the other 3 are doing better than this one anyway, and are about an hour away and a state over in a major city, wheras this one is in a smallish town, it was the first store, but we'd be ok to lose it really, another important thing to note: None of the 4 stores have the same name. Only my wife and I work here, she thought it was kinda mean, but justified.
What? You'd be willing to throw away a business for a prank just because you own a few other bakeries?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

For advice column posts can we at least include a link? It drives me a bit mad not to see the response. I know for some reason some people don't want to post the response. Fine, post the link and we can go look at the response ourselves then. Can we make that a thread rule? It feels like a fair compromise between the people who do and people who do not want the response.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Hellblazer187 posted:

For advice column posts can we at least include a link? It drives me a bit mad not to see the response. I know for some reason some people don't want to post the response. Fine, post the link and we can go look at the response ourselves then. Can we make that a thread rule? It feels like a fair compromise between the people who do and people who do not want the response.

I think someone said the answers are printed in the following article so they might not be available yet sometimes

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

MarcusSA posted:

Flip the genders and you'd accuse her of having BPD. It's a stupid game and it accomplishes nothing.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

What? You'd be willing to throw away a business for a prank just because you own a few other bakeries?

Only the OP and their wife works there, the wife was ok with the idea apparently. How many bakeries does a person need? I guess it was somewhere between 3-4.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

It amazes me that guys actually let this stupid question fester in their brain. No good comes of that conversation. Your dick size isn't gonna change no matter what your girl answers.

I swear to god it's gotta be people with a tiny hog, or watches too much porn. I can not conceive a reason why you would ever want to know how many partners your partner has had. Like as long as there are no STD's just be fuckin' grateful that another human being in their free time chose to love you.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for keeping my daughter home from kindergarten for the day because the substitute was a male?

i dont have kids but i dont get this at all, especially the point he makes about it being different if it were second grade

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if we’d cut out our sister(IL) completely?

I was expecting some "she does drugs" or "she back talked me once" or "she hosed my partner's great aunt" but wow that took a turn for the something

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

spite house posted:

I was out walking with a guy friend the other day and a woman walked up on us saying "Hey baby!", and for a second it looked like she was talking to my friend, but was actually addressing someone behind him. Friend said "That was so weird, to have a stranger just come up and start talking like that," and I said "this is how you know you're a dude." He got very quiet.

As a guy who has not infrequently been sexually harassed, or had awkward stuff like this go on from strangers, I occupy a weird middle ground where I see that kind of attitude from the other guys all the time because they think I'm on that same wavelength.
And just yeah. It's amazing how many dudes have an extremely hard time grasping how that kind of attention could be anything but positive.
GOD I WISH I HAD GIRLS COMING UP TO ME AND DOING WHATEVER, ITS AWESOME. And it informs why they're such idiots about doing it to girls themselves. Literally not understanding the problem.

Every man should be creepily shadowed by a gay classmate at age 14. Learns you stuff.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AITA for finally snapping at my wife about my drinking?

quote:

Throwaway account for obvious reasons as my wife uses Reddit but not this sub.

I know how that title sounds but please bear with me for a minute.

My wife(32f) and I(33m) have been together for 10 years in October and married for 6 of those years. She comes from a... broken home to say the least. Her mother was a drunken alcoholic and her dad was never there, she has one brother and he's a junkie as well. Her life growing up was not easy and I will always respect her for rising above all of that and persevering through it all.

Now onto my problem. My wife has an issue with any substance that can get you high or drunk and understandably so. She made this clear after about 2 years of us dating when she told me about her family. Now this I have no issue with, I asked her if me having a few beers socially would be an issue and she said no.

Cut to the last few years and her anger to booze has become much more apparent. She claims my drinking 2 beers after working a stressful day makes me an alcoholic. Now if I was drinking every day she may have a point but I have maybe 3 beers a week at most and maybe once a month I may go to my buddy's place and play overwatch and have a few more. I don't get drunk by any stretch at my friend's place but just a good buzz and uber home. I have only ever been legitimately drunk 3 times in our relationship, NONE of which she was around for and only ever heard second hand. I like to think I'm respectful about it; I keep my beer in the minifridge in the basement, I don't drink in front of her and at her request I don't talk to her at all when I have those few beers on a friday.

I have in the past quit drinking because she asked me to. Last time I quit for 2 years just because. Quitting is never an issue for me but her badgering me and claiming I'm an alcoholic all the time finally caused me to snap at her and tell her that just because her mother was an alcoholic doesn't mean I am. I told her that her extreme hatred for it is causing more issues for me than anything else in my life at this moment. She will literally go from the most sweet person to a completely passive aggresive person in one second when she realizes I bought a 6 pack for the next 2 weeks. The obvious answer is to just quit which would be fine but sometimes I just like to unwind after work you know? I don't get trashed on a regular and I don't let alcohol get in the way of my life so I'm at a loss. If she said "it's me or the booze" then I would 100% pick her but my issue is that her problem with alcohol isn't rational and it's not me she has an issue with but instead her issues with her mother.

We go out enough and we both hang around with people who drink and she has no issue with them so here I am wondering if I'm an rear end in a top hat. I feel after a few years of her yelling at me I was justified in getting a bit upset but her friends are calling me an rear end in a top hat.
Yeah your wife is a bit uptight but it sounds like "it's me or the booze" is in fact the reality you're living in and you don't seem quite 100% convinced that you're picking her.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DemoneeHo posted:

Such a lust for revenge

Also gender reveal parties are terrible, so this guy did the right thing

This is the only story where 'flip the genders' is the right approach.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Gone Fashing posted:

i dont have kids but i dont get this at all, especially the point he makes about it being different if it were second grade

she is afraid of her daughters sub being a pedo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Flip the genders and you'd accuse her of having BPD. It's a stupid game and it accomplishes nothing.

No I actually wouldn’t because it’s not a wrong response that the person had especially when they pointed out their self esteem issues.