Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

gently caress Your Website posted:

Also “Flip the genders” is a pointless and tiresome exercise.

Only if you pre-suppose women are children incapable of self-determination, or don't understand the purpose of comparisons

Djeser posted:

imo just sounds like she got owned by her own internalized gender norms. "men can't care for little kids" is a pretty standard thing people believe alongside "the only subjects men teach are science, math, and PE"

Seems to me that the person being owned here is the male school teacher and the child being denied a male role-model, and, rather than it being due to her 'internalised gender norms', it's more related to her bigotted paranoia that all men (explicitly, exclusively due to their gender) are potential pedophiles.

To be clear here, she was not saying 'I'm worried this man can't care for my little kids, because caring is for women', she is saying 'I'm worried that because this teacher is a man, he will molest my infant daughter'. That's a hugely lovely opinion to hold.

TheMaskedUgly fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my mum to stop wearing my clothes for her date nights?

So I’m 21 years old and live with my mum. We are normally really close and are both quite girly, into makeup, she’s basically my best friend 99% of the time but when we argue, we ARGUE.

Obviously I like wearing really fun stuff, and I go out a lot with my mates so 99% of my wardrobe reflects that, especially because I work in a tanning salon so the more fashionable my outfit the better.

There’s a brand called Missguided and they dropped a playboy collection a few months ago and I bought basically all of it but I have so much clothes It takes me ages to slowly get through wearing everything. My mum has been seeing a new fella for a couple months now, and I’m the first to say my mam doesn’t really dress for her age but I noticed she was taking and wearing my playboy stuff.

My mum has a BANGING figure and she’s a lot taller than me so she usually nicks my cheaper clothes and doesn’t mind if I wear her nicer bits, and usually we don’t have an issue with this. However lately she’s been going away for the night and coming back the next day wearing the same clothes and I really 100% haven’t got an issue with her living her best life but I do think it’s really really kinda gross that her new guy is feeling her up and doing naughty things in my clothes. I know this because he tagged her in a Facebook post with his hand on her arse in my playboy dress with the caption ‘this dress was a lot of fun on my bird😉’ and you know, it doesn’t take an idiot to work it out. I know obviously clothes can be washed but it really is bothering me.

I asked her as casually as I could if she wouldn’t mind not wearing my stuff when she knows she’s going to stay over at his place and she got really huffy with me and told me that she will plan her spontaneous nights away better so as not to hurt my feelings. She said she lets me wear stuff on date nights but I REALLY didn’t want to answer her back and let her know I hadn’t hosed my date with her bleeding heels on.

Btw I’m fairly new to Reddit and I wouldn’t normally post on here but my boyfriend loves it and told me my issue is perfect for this subreddit.

AITA?

Flip the genders.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Dad keeps getting clunge on my dress shirts, AITA?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my mum to stop wearing my clothes for her date nights?

So I’m 21 years old and live with my mum. We are normally really close and are both quite girly, into makeup, she’s basically my best friend 99% of the time but when we argue, we ARGUE.

Obviously I like wearing really fun stuff, and I go out a lot with my mates so 99% of my wardrobe reflects that, especially because I work in a tanning salon so the more fashionable my outfit the better.

There’s a brand called Missguided and they dropped a playboy collection a few months ago and I bought basically all of it but I have so much clothes It takes me ages to slowly get through wearing everything. My mum has been seeing a new fella for a couple months now, and I’m the first to say my mam doesn’t really dress for her age but I noticed she was taking and wearing my playboy stuff.

My mum has a BANGING figure and she’s a lot taller than me so she usually nicks my cheaper clothes and doesn’t mind if I wear her nicer bits, and usually we don’t have an issue with this. However lately she’s been going away for the night and coming back the next day wearing the same clothes and I really 100% haven’t got an issue with her living her best life but I do think it’s really really kinda gross that her new guy is feeling her up and doing naughty things in my clothes. I know this because he tagged her in a Facebook post with his hand on her arse in my playboy dress with the caption ‘this dress was a lot of fun on my bird😉’ and you know, it doesn’t take an idiot to work it out. I know obviously clothes can be washed but it really is bothering me.

I asked her as casually as I could if she wouldn’t mind not wearing my stuff when she knows she’s going to stay over at his place and she got really huffy with me and told me that she will plan her spontaneous nights away better so as not to hurt my feelings. She said she lets me wear stuff on date nights but I REALLY didn’t want to answer her back and let her know I hadn’t hosed my date with her bleeding heels on.

Btw I’m fairly new to Reddit and I wouldn’t normally post on here but my boyfriend loves it and told me my issue is perfect for this subreddit.

AITA?

Is it weird that my mental image of the poster is a burly man?

E: oh dear god, they bought most of this collection?

https://www.missguidedus.com/collaborations/playboy

https://www.missguidedus.com/collaborations/playboy#p=2

:barf:

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 13, 2019

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Seems to me that the person being owned here is the male school teacher and the child being denied a male role-model, and, rather than it being due to her 'internalised gender norms', it's more related to her bigotted paranoia that all men (explicitly, exclusively due to their gender) are potential pedophiles.

To be clear here, she was not saying 'I'm worried this man can't care for my little kids, because caring is for women', she is saying 'I'm worried that because this teacher is a man, he will molest my infant daughter'. That's a hugely lovely opinion to hold.

the idea that a male kindergarten teacher must have something "wrong" with him is absolutely related to the idea that women are the designated caretakers for young children

in the end we all get owned by gender norms *sage nod*

big dyke energy posted:

Oh, she's absolutely breaking them on purpose so she can get a newer model.

lol wasn't there a post in an f plus episode where a teenager was asking how to believably break their phone cause their parents said they wouldn't get them a new one unless their old one broke

Djeser fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 13, 2019

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
For the kindergarten thing, it looks like the OP deleted their account, but did anyone look at it beforehand? From the writing style I actually thought the OP might've been the kid's dad, but obv I could be wrong and of course it's hosed up regardless

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
But if it were the dad, a woman wouldn't be wrong. :thunk:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Anne Whateley posted:

Not you in particular, but everyone is like "sheesh get along after a breakup, just be adults!!" but nobody thinks of the vegetable rape guy

I had forgotten about this and I physically shuddered when I read this and remembered what it was referring to.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MightyJoe36 posted:

I had forgotten about this and I physically shuddered when I read this and remembered what it was referring to.

Think I missed that one, what was it about?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I [23F] bought my friend's [24M] music and he found out, now he's hurt

quote:

EDIT: Didn't expect this to get so much attention. A lot of people have asked for a link to his music, however I don't think he'd want me to 'advertise' him like that and I feel like it would actually make the problem worse. So I won't do that sorry. He's been in contact with a local label anyway so things are already looking good for him.

My best friend has been producing music for years, he's on a pretty high level production-wise for an amateur and is slowly gaining a following online. I genuinely like his music, it's in a Genre we both like a lot, and I always give my honest feedback about his newest tracks, which is usually pretty positive. He tends to be very self-critical but which artist isn't.

So basically he set up a bandcamp account recently where people can download his music and can pay whatever they want for it. After a while, I had this idea that I want to buy his album so he feels better about his music, and also kinda because he doesn't have a lot of money. I paid about twice what you'd normally pay for a brand new music album which is absolutely no big deal for me financially.

Well.. next time we saw each other he excitedly told me that someone paid for his album and by that point I had almost forgotten and just kinda went 'oh yeah oh poo poo' internally and tried to act nonchalant but I guess I failed. It must have been on my face because he immediately asked if it was me and I didn't want to lie in his face so I said yes. Now he's hurt because he thought this random stranger liked his music so much they paid a lot for it, and a friend doesn't count I guess. I totally understand his emotional reaction. I'm a genuine fan and only wanted to support him, but basically he doesn't want alms.

He didn't really get mad over it, but I could tell from his face that it actually hurt him a lot and now I feel awkward about it. Should I just never mention it again, or apologize in detail or something?

---

**tl,dr:** Friend thought a new fan had bought his music, but it was me. He feels like I only did it because we're friends and is hurt. What do I do?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Sunswipe posted:

Think I missed that one, what was it about?
A woman brought vegetables into the home she shared with her partner, so he violently raped her. That's it.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA I intentionally ruined a gender reveal party

Such a lust for revenge

Also gender reveal parties are terrible, so this guy did the right thing

if you really wanted revenge, should have given them a pink cake then thrown the envelope away and plead ignorance when they come knocking after the boy is born

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for getting a delivery guy fired?

quote:

Sorry for formatting, on phone. I'll try to keep it short.

Yesterday I ordered food though a home delivery app, everything went fine. Food was good.

But then I started getting texts from a number I didn't know. I asked who it was, turns out the delivery guy got my number from the work computer and saved it to his phone.

I was kinda creeped out. I'm 20, the delivery guy was in his thirties. He knows where I live. And I never consented to him getting my number. I stopped replying to the texts when he told me how he got it. Didn't stop him from sending more though. They weren't sexual per se, but he did talk about my body in a way that made me feel very uncomfortable.

The next day I called the store and explained what happened, they told me they would deal with it and apologized. Not even an hour later my phone was blowing up with texts. That I got him fired, and that I should have just said I wasn't interested, instead of calling his boss. That I was a bitch, etc.

I talked to my dad, he said I overreacted. That I should have just talked to him, and that boys will be boys. Most of my friends agree that it was creepy though.

So AITA?

TL/DR: delivery guy kept my phone number for personal use, I called to his work and got him fired.

"Boys will be boys! Just let them harass and stalk you!"

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
A guy in his 30s is a boy?

Just block his number.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA For getting a delivery man fired beacuse he snatched my phone and gave him a 5 star rating?

quote:

I ordered some food from my favorite restaurant through a local food delivery service. I waited for 30 minutes and the food had arrived without any problems I went to my gate to take it and took the food. The food delivery guy asked me for my phone to show the bill and as a proof that I had paid online and didn't have to pay in cash, I showed him the bill while holding the phone myself instead of giving it to him, he then proceeds to take my phone and give himself a 5 star and hands me the phone and just takes off.

I was really shocked by this incident due to several things-I was alone at night and a minor, he snatched the phone right off my hand and gives the rating the customer is supposed to give.

This didn't seem right to me as would've given him at least a 4 star if he hadn't done that but I then contacted the food deliverycompany and told them about this matter and asked them to report this delivery man and revert back my rating. The company is well known so they didn't treat this matter lightly and got the guy fired which I totally didn't meant them to do.

The delivery guy called me to tell that I got him fired and I was responsible for making his kids starve.

I feel really guilty now because a food delivery ended up in getting a man fired.

I just want to know if I went to far or were my actions appropriate.

TL;DR- A food delivery man took my phone against my will to give himself a good rating and I didn't like that... complained to the delivery company and he ended up getting fired.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein posted:

A guy in his 30s is a boy?

Just block his number.

nah, he definitely deserves consequences if he's violating privacy at his workplace to sexually harass customers

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

luxury handset posted:

nah, he definitely deserves consequences if he's violating privacy at his workplace to sexually harass customers

I meant now. She did right by calling his employer.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for not letting my bf open our windows?

quote:

My bf and I live in the upstairs of an old house with multiple units. Our bedroom/ living room area is basically in the finished attic space. Since heat rises, it can get pretty hot up there. We have four small windows, in sets of 2 on opposite walls. One of the windows on each side is screened the other is totally open. We currently keep the screened windows open and usually have a box fan set up in one of them.

I’m a cold blooded person and don’t mind the heat, but he always wants it cooler. He suggests opening the additional unscreened windows for extra airflow, but I am extremely uncomfortable with this idea. I have a crazy fear of bats getting in! Just thinking about it is giving me anxiety. I’m tolerant of the extra window being open during the day if someone is in there and it’s covered by the box fan, but definitely not at night or unobserved.

He thinks I’m being unreasonable, but even allowing a slight chance of getting rabies is too drat high! I realize it’s a little irrational because the chances are really low, but I’d rather know I’m safe than feel an extra cool breeze.

I’m a definite believer that people should be comfortable in their own home, but it seems like a lose-lose to me. If he’s at a comfortable temperature, I’ll be really scared and feel unsafe. If I feel secure and comfortable, he’ll be too hot.

AITA for basically prioritizing my mental comfort over his physical comfort?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Get more screens? These people have zero problem solving ability.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for getting a delivery guy fired?

"Boys will be boys! Just let them harass and stalk you!"

Clearly not the rear end in a top hat. Big invasion of privacy on that guy's part, and who knows how many other people he's done it to or will continue to do it to in the future.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Leon Einstein posted:

Get more screens? These people have zero problem solving ability.

That's nearly every comment on the reddit thread. Just get more screens.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA For getting a delivery man fired beacuse he snatched my phone and gave him a 5 star rating?

Yeah that's total poo poo on the delivery man's part, but I bet the reason he did it is because the only metric the company cares about is five star ratings - anything else, even a four, is often considered a failure on these surveys.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Palpek posted:

When a r/relationship story comes from the news:

An Indian businessman has been jailed for life after planting a fake hijacking letter in the toilet of a Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Mumbai.

how do you be so incompetent at a stunt like this that it gets traced back to you?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Motronic posted:

This sounds like a really good outreach program.

Also good ideas from my experience:
-Being made uncomfortable by very interested women they have no attraction to. Learn the fun world of being the other side of the "friend zone".
-Having a kinda gross gay friend of a friend get really handsy and aggressive but not so much that you can call him out without it being a social mess, understanding in the process oh so well why people don't just yell out "BAD TOUCH" and fix all their problems with creeps.
-In middle school having rando adult men in the mall do this drive by leers and other such things when you're mom's back is turned.
-Overhearing a friend's mom you've known since kidnergarten make a Ms Robinson joke regarding you at age 16, maybe it was 15 actually.
-Having your butt smacked by girls in high school, and knowing the difference between when it was cool with you and when it wasn't, and how that isn't some contradiction.
-Various things I honestly don't want to share and articulate or think about too much. :unsmith:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Palpek posted:

When a r/relationship story comes from the news:

An Indian businessman has been jailed for life after planting a fake hijacking letter in the toilet of a Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Mumbai.

showing bombs to get vagene

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My sister [35 F] is a servant and unhappy in her arranged marriage [35M] and I [33F] don't know how to help

quote:

Edit 2: I definitely should have mentioned: younger sister did talk to older sister about it, and told me that older sister is basically a maid and uber driver. Said older sister seemed resigned that her life is just like this.

Edit: thank you all for your comments. I'm going to sit down with my sister and show her this thread. A few points:

I live in a different city, so I can't help as much as I like and also can't afford to get her a maid.

My parents are powerless here, for cultural and financial reasons. My parents are angry, especially my mom. My mom has vented to me that she wishes my sister would stand up for herself.

Unfortunately, I'm not imagining that she's unhappy or projecting. My mom, younger sister, cousin and I have discussed this. We know she needs to stand up for herself; we can't make her. I made this post as a hail Mary. I do think it will help her to see all of your comments. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I personally don't want an arranged marriage, so if you don't think it's a good idea, you don't have to convince me. I don't judge people who have one, though. About half my relatives and a few of my Indian friends have one. It's just my personal preference.

That being said, thanks in advance for any advice.

My sister, raised in America since age 2, got an arranged marriage at age 23 to a doctor from India. He moved here after the marriage. Pretty soon after, her in-laws moved into her 2 bedroom apartment. This is the tradition, for the husband's parents to move in after marriage, but a lot of Indians don't do this. Some do, though. Maybe half and half.

She worked while he was in residency and while she had two boys, and now she is a stay at home mom. While she worked and had kids, she still had to make full Indian dinner every night and chai in the morning. She did all chores by herself.

She is basically a servant in her own house. She cooks and cleans for her family of 5. Whenever she makes a special dinner, like Punjabi food or Italian, she also has to cook for her sister-in-law's family of 4.

Her mother in law doesn't lift a finger to help. She watches TV, naps or talks on the phone all day. She watches the kids, but doesn't make them meals. She leaves that to my sister. She doesn't take the kids to the park or on walks. She doesn't supervise their homework.

If my sister wants to go out to have lunch with her husband, she has has to lie about it. She says she has a "doctor's appt". I know this because my BIL told me. He thinks it's funny that they have to lie. This is because the mother in law will want to come. She doesn't have friends, either. Even if she did, I don't know how she would go out when she has so much work to do at home. Her in-laws come along on vacations.

I told her that now that BIL is a full doctor, they can afford to get a maid to come by once a week or month. She said that would never work.

Important info: In Indian culture, the husband's mom is basically a queen and the wife is supposed to serve her and her father in law, but these days and even in my mother's generation, this is often no longer done. I don't know a single other Indian family where the MIL abuses the old traditions in this way and refuses to lift a finger.

For example, my grandma lived with us, and she would start dinner when my mom was at work. She would eat leftovers or make lunch when my mom was at work or busy. She would wash dishes even when my mom begged her to stop and sit down. My sister has to make a new lunch every day and clean by herself. My grandma also took us to the park, walks, and supervised homework or playtime.

What can I do to help? Anything? I understand that her husband should help my sister and tell his parents that my sister needs help, but I don't think he will, since he's not dumb, sees it, and hasn't talked to his mother yet. He is a huge Mama's boy.

This is also affecting my relationship with her. She is not nice to me and insults me often, even though I treat her and her family with respect and am hands on with her kids. I shower them with love and attention. I take them on outings to give her a break when I'm in town, 3-4 times a year. When I'm in town, I watch them while she leaves the house to spend time by herself. I think she is unhappy and resents the freedom I have in my life.

I also think all the work takes away from her time with her boys. She doesn't have time to play with them and I don't think she helps them with homework as much as she could, if she had the time.

TLDR: my sister is a maid and servant and seems unhappy in her marriage. Can I do anything to help?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

A woman brought vegetables into the home she shared with her partner, so he violently raped her. That's it.

oh man that post is enough to ruin your week, bumming me out just remembering it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I [21F] am really confused about what I feel for my close friend [21M] and it's driving me nuts.

quote:

I'm starting my senior year of university in a while. I'm not really into dating per se, and I get over crushes real quick, and this has always made my life so much simpler and carefree since I was little.

Now I have this friend (we're in the same major) who has a lot in common with me, and we genuinely love one another. He's an old-soul and we call him the father of our group, quiet and clever and sometimes harsh in the fact of justice. He helped ease the pain of my past breakup and we usually turn to one another for help. I believe in meaningful platonic relationships, and I absolutely adore all of my close friends the same way. In our friendship group, everyone is single and we're proud enough to boast about it like the immature idiots we are.

Sometimes, though, he would say certain things or act a certain way that would get me off guard - I usually dismiss any sort of flirtation immediately and I never look into it. My best girlfriend had feelings for him for most of our university years and I spent a good portion of my time "shipping" them and also a good portion of my time soothing her heartbreak when the feeling wasn't mutual. She's over it now, but if she misinterprets any of these little things between us, it would crush her.

My point is, lately I'm extremely confused about how I feel. I love him immensely, but not in that sort of way - or do I? I do think about him, but not in a special way. I don't get nervous or anxious around him. I don't go out of my way to do anything special for him, and when we're alone together we're pretty comfortable. I don't get jealous of other girls. And yet I'm terrified that I might be developing a crush - how can I draw the line between platonic love and a real crush? And how do know if I've friend-zoned him a million times and didn't notice? What if I'm overshooting and I end up ruining my awesome friendship, or what if I've missed an opportunity?

The worst part is that there are plenty of girls who like him, our friends and colleagues alike. And we usually tease him about this, and there's an inside joke between us that I'm the only girl on campus who doesn't find him attractive (and I never have to be fair, I think his character really stuck out for me) - and to take that back now after so long is a huge blow to my ego for me. HUGE. Even if things go well for us both ways, he'll possibly hold that over my head until I die and I can't take that humiliation.

TL;DR I have a really meaningful friendship with someone for about two years but I'm questioning my genuine feelings for him.

Top comment:

quote:

Holy overthinking batman. Do you want to touch his down there parts? Should be enough of an answer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not allowing my wife to buy a new iphone everytime she breaks her most recent one?

We’ve been married for 4 years and have two kids. Finances are tight but we both work a full time job and manage to pay most bills on time. My wife is terribly irresponsible! It drives me nuts sometimes. Now she just got home and told me that her iphone fell from her pocket and into a cement mixer (of course completely broken). This was a brand new iphone XR, bought only two months ago. And this is not the full story. She has had 8 iphones in the years we’ve been together (all iphones 7,8,8+, 10, X and XR). Every single one of them she has managed to break. She has numerous broken screens, shattered them to pieces, drowned one in a lake, run over another with a car.... and I could go on! And not just any phone, she always buys the most expensive iphone there is. And as soon as it breaks she buys another one. Let’s go back to the point of this argument. I told her that she was not allowed to buy a new iphone and she should just settle with some other cheap phone (because she will break it anyway!). She thought I was being unfair and got really angry, said it was not my business to tell her what she could and couldn’t do. We have shared finances and she is just throwing money out of the window while I am trying to save. AITA for telling her no?

Beachcomber posted:

He doesn't mention if these happen whenever there's a newer model out.

big dyke energy posted:

Oh, she's absolutely breaking them on purpose so she can get a newer model.

This is exactly what's happening, just look at how the phones are never replaced with the same model. My sister used to do this poo poo with her husband and then was loving SHOCKED when her teenage daughters started doing the exact same thing to her.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

chitoryu12 posted:

My sister [35 F] is a servant and unhappy in her arranged marriage [35M] and I [33F] don't know how to help

You can, by murdering your sister’s in-laws and then going to jail for it. Sure, your life will be over, but greater good and all that, right?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

areyoucontagious posted:

You can, by murdering your sister’s in-laws and then going to jail for it. Sure, your life will be over, but greater good and all that, right?

I hope her sister has a son that she can get married off soon :ohdear:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yet another anxiety-inducing window conflict!

AITA for asking my SO to close the windows?

quote:

We live in a second floor condo with one side facing a semi-busy street. For some reason, he has zero sense of privacy and likes to leave the windows and blinds wide open, letting anyone walking by see fully up into a part of our living room.

He works from home and now that it's getting warm doesn't want to use our a/c all the time, which I get, but he could at least have them closed by the time I get home. It's awful and anxiety inducing to come home, put on lounge clothes, then walk into the kitchen and discover people right outside. He thinks it's only bad at night, but even during the afternoon it's super uncomfortable to me. I do not want to make eye contact with strangers without a bra.

There's one corner where he keeps his desk that I don't mind if it's open, but he could at least keep the main area closed. He says he wants cross ventilation but it's just unlivable like this. I have to tiptoe around to be out of the line of sight or do a full check before I can unwind. We had a big fight about it and I still don't think I'm unreasonable.

All the comments are "Why don't you just close the windows yourself when you get home?"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Yet another anxiety-inducing window conflict!

AITA for asking my SO to close the windows?

All the comments are "Why don't you just close the windows yourself when you get home?"

I’m very confused how being on the second floor leads you to make eye contact with people on the street.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

it isnt even the first floor??

datajugend fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 13, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Anyone see the Netflix show You about the stalker dude? The woman left her blinds open and all her lights on every night and would masturbate in full view of pedestrians on the street. Seemed ridiculous to me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Anyone see the Netflix show You about the stalker dude? The woman left her blinds open and all her lights on every night and would masturbate in full view of pedestrians on the street. Seemed ridiculous to me.

That show was terrible.

That place didn’t even count as the second floor!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

how do you be so incompetent at a stunt like this that it gets traced back to you?

A lot of printers/printed paper have machine codes invisibly printed on them to identify the hardware, time etc. They are used in forensics pretty often to identify the origin of documents.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

kru posted:

A lot of printers/printed paper have machine codes invisibly printed on them to identify the hardware, time etc. They are used in forensics pretty often to identify the origin of documents.

the article says he confessed to it in his office prior to getting on the flight, so I'm guessing that means he told someone and they called the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Anne Whateley posted:

For the kindergarten thing, it looks like the OP deleted their account, but did anyone look at it beforehand? From the writing style I actually thought the OP might've been the kid's dad, but obv I could be wrong and of course it's hosed up regardless

Yeah, I heard it in my head in a male voice. I don’t think the post specified.