Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Anyone see the Netflix show You about the stalker dude? The woman left her blinds open and all her lights on every night and would masturbate in full view of pedestrians on the street. Seemed ridiculous to me.

one of the better comedies I've seen this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The main character belongs in this thread. She constantly ignored red flags.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is exactly what's happening, just look at how the phones are never replaced with the same model. My sister used to do this poo poo with her husband and then was loving SHOCKED when her teenage daughters started doing the exact same thing to her.

This just seems insanely wasteful. Old iPhone are still usually worth hundreds depending on the gen.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HELP, I broke with my GF.

quote:

I [28m] broke up with my girlfriend [28f] after 2 years of dating and she LOST it . She has stopped eating , and I'm afraid she is going to need medical attention . The breakup happened after 1 month of trying to break up with her.

Last time I tried to break up with her she took my keys and wouldn't let me go. She cried and begged and refused to leave my house , when she left she drove recklessly and dangerously. She has a history of anxiety anti-psychotic medication and depression and extreme neediness and obsessive tendencies..

When I finally broke up up with her she wouldn't accept it . I explained over and over and over the reasons why and she wouldn't take it . When she finally left then her mom started calling me begging me to rethink my decision, then they both started calling me repeatedly and I refused to answer the calls and blocked them both.... then they started repeatedly ( harassment ) calling my mom. It's insane.

I don't answer my phone they ring my home phone. If I don't answer my home phone they ring my mom , and if my mom doesn't answer she comes to my house.

TLDR; I break up with GF after a long time of trying to bridge our differences. She starts acting irrationally and I am stressed the gently caress out with all this chaos .

What do I do?

People really like jumping on Reddit to ask questions in a time when they should be calling the police.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

i vomit kittens posted:

the article says he confessed to it in his office prior to getting on the flight, so I'm guessing that means he told someone and they called the police

God drat, my brain must have totally skipped over that

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Girlfriend (25f) and her friends joke about murder a lot and it's making me (29m) uncomfortable.

quote:

This sounds really weird, I know, but please hear me out. My girlfriend Susan and her friends Lexi and Brianna are super close and have been for 7 years. They have this inside "joke" amongst themselves that's pretty disturbing.

Basically they'll joke about murdering people who have done something to wrong any of them. Don't get me wrong, it makes sense that they're upset about this stuff, but it's still shocking to hear those kinds of jokes. For example Lexi used to work at a place where her boss harassed her, and she asked Susan one night "do you still have that knife in your purse?" And Susan was like "girl, that's the wrong type of knife to gut a pig." And then they talked through going to pay her dad a visit at the farm and borrow some hog hooks and a better butchering knife.

This is just one example, and the thing that I find the most unsettling is that they refer to pretty realistic stuff, it's not like they're joking about something totally ridiculous. Brianna is studying nursing and she'll joke about getting sedatives or scalpels or stuff from the hospital where she does rotations. Lexi plays softball and loves camping and the girls will talk about hitting someone over the head with a bat, and knowing the best places in the woods to hide a body. Susan grew up in the country and is pretty comfortable butchering and gutting animals. And knows her way around a gun. And they joke about stuff that they'd probably actually be able to do... To people they know in real life.

Just so you know, I don't believe they're at all serious about any of this. But it's still pretty gross to hear them casually talk about these gory revenge fantasies like they're funny. Especially when they talk so specifically about stuff they know how to do, like drugging someone or gutting them like a hog or going out to a place in the woods they know nobody ever goes.

I asked Susan what was so funny about this stuff to her, why it just kept coming up. And she told me that it's just the way she and her friends are able to laugh at lovely stuff in their lives instead of letting it get them down. I told her I didn't get what was so funny exactly, and she said something that unsettled me more. She told me that it wasn't necessarily funny in the traditional way. But she and her friends were so frustrated nobody had their backs but each other. They've all experienced stuff where the police or authorities were worse than useless when they were being stalked or harassed or abused by someone. And that it can be satisfying to joke about taking stuff into their own hands.

I felt kind of conflicted hearing that. Because I get how frustrating getting no help must be. But it still really grosses me out that they're laughing about doing some pretty disgusting things for revenge.

I don't see this stopping, they've apparently had this running "joke" for 7 years and I've only been in a relationship with Susan for a year and a half. But it still grosses me out and honestly makes me look at her differently for it. Is it wrong for me to be so grossed out? Should I try to get Susan to cut it out?

tl;dr My girlfriend and her friends "joke" about gory revenge fantasies and it's making me pretty uncomfortable

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Girlfriend (25f) and her friends joke about murder a lot and it's making me (29m) uncomfortable.

What a weenie (still)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Repeat

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

chitoryu12 posted:

Can you hook me up with one of her friends?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Leon Einstein posted:

A guy in his 30s is a boy?

Just block his number.
As a man I can say with certainty that we are all perpetually 12 years old.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Whateley posted:

A woman brought vegetables into the home she shared with her partner, so he violently raped her. That's it.

Ah poo poo, I remember. :(

chitoryu12 posted:

HELP, I broke with my GF.

People really like jumping on Reddit to ask questions in a time when they should be calling the police.

"Hey, Reddit. So there's a guy in my house with a gun. He's shot me once in the leg, I'm now locked in the bathroom and he's hammering on the door. It's made me realise my bathroom really needs renovating. Should I let the guy in and ask him what he thinks?"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Yawgmoth posted:

As a man I can say with certainty that we are all perpetually 12 years old.

"Boys will be boys" doesn't suck that much less when it's done in self deprecating fashion.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DrManiac posted:

This just seems insanely wasteful. Old iPhone are still usually worth hundreds depending on the gen.

Yeah, but if the iPhone still works, you have to have the argument of whether or not you actually need the new model. If the phone is broken irreparably (notice how this was the case each time: cement mixer, ran over it with a car, dropped in a lake, etc) then a new phone must be purchased and it might as well be that new model I already mentioned wanting.

I specifically remember witnessing a fight where my brother-in-law yelled at my sister "We're not replacing that phone, there's nothing wrong with it!" Her response was to throw it on the floor, step on it, and then pull up on the side that wasn't under her foot so it would break in half. She then screamed back "Now there is!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I married a lesbian with whom I have two kids...what should I do?

quote:

Clearly this is a burner account. But here's my situation...

My wife (31, female) and I (29, male) have been married for 7-8 years and we have two toddlers. We've always gotten along well, laugh a lot together, and have a lot in common (but not too much that it's boring).

Up until earlier this year, things were going well.

She had already come out to me as bi, but that wasn't a problem because we could still make it work. Then earlier this year, she told me she realized she is gay. A lesbian.

We love each other, but trying to make a marriage work like this doesn't seem possible. Plus, having two little kids makes it even harder to think about splitting up.

I want her to be in my life but I don't want to see my kids only half the time. But staying married to a lesbian is like signing up for celibacy from here on out.

If you were in my situation, what would you do?

TL;DR - my wife of 7-8 years came out as gay (I'm a straight guy). We get along really well. We have two toddlers. I don't know what to do.

Yes, the top comment is saying to open the relationship.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I married a lesbian with whom I have two kids...what should I do?

Yes, the top comment is saying to open the relationship.

Technically getting a divorce does open the relationship.

It sucks and it’s kinda sad but ain’t no reason to stay together.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pretty sure wife's mom is hooking up with my father, pretty sure I want to keep my mouth shut

quote:

r/relationships
•Posted byu/throwfaraway200
2 years ago
Pretty sure wife's mom is hooking up with my father, pretty sure I want to keep my mouth shut
Infidelity
I'm a 35/M, my wife is 33/F. We've been together for 15 years, married for 9. My MIL is 60/F, married to second husband 60?/M for 5 years. (First husband died when wife was attending college; MIL had a few LTRs since then any a few no so LTRs.) My father is 66/M who gave up work after my mom died 5 years ago, about the same time MIL got remarried. Father just pretty much stayed in bed and went Minimal Contact for the first year because "everything reminds me of your mother" and only in the last few years has come back. He's never shown the slightest interest in another woman. I brought it up once and my brother 33/M brought it up more than once but dad always cut us off right away, saying what he did or didn't do was none of our business.

My father has known my MIL casually for years through us. MIL knew my mom and they seemed to like each other. Father has only met MIL's second husband maybe twice. This year we had a July 4 party at my house and my MIL was there alone and my father showed up, surprising us a bit because up to now he's only come back to family parties (really only Christmas last 2 years). After a while he got with MIL and they talked together for pretty much the rest of the night. My wife said something later but I didn't think much of it. A few days after that wife told me she talked to MIL and MIL said he was nice and they talked about a lot of things but didn't offer up much beyond that. No one would even think of asking my father about it. Since then we've been on vacation and busy with other stuff and not really in contact much with either of them beyond a few phone calls.

Now here's the crux: Yesterday at work a job I was set to do got postponed until September and since there wasn't much else going on I got approved to take a few PTO days. Last night I talked with my brother and he started bitching about the lawn mower at the house (brother pretty much keeps up the house for my dad, always did it cheerfully). We got to talking and I offered to pick it up this morning and take it to get the blades sharpened, which my brother said would be great. So a few hours ago I went by the house but before opening the garage saw something weird in the window and realized it was a car, a white Kia, my MIL's car. I was so shocked I just stood there. After I moment I went back and double-checked and yeah it looks like her car all right, right next to my father's car. So I just left.

So now I'm sitting here in my kitchen banging away at my keyboard. I know there's a chance it's not her car or it's something platonic but the way my MIL is I doubt it. I don't know if I should say anything to either my wife or my brother (he might not be upset at all and just give my dad an attaboy, brother can be very macho). My wife will FLIP OUT because it will mean she knows her mom is cheater. We don't really know stepdad all that well, he's always been warm and loving but also kind of kept his distance, like he felt that he understood that we had a bond that extended beyond him but he was OK with it and wouldn't want to intrude. He's a really nice guy and probably doesn't deserve this. And then there's my dad: WTF? He goes from monk to playboy or what? And with a married woman? Right now I'm really leaning toward keeping my mouth shut and seeing how everything plays out, though if it ever came out that I knew beforehand and didn't say anything my wife would literally eviscerate me (really, she's good with cutlery).

EDITS: Cleaning it up, I write like poo poo sometimes

tl;dr: Pretty sure dad is hooking up with MIL. Wife is going to freak out big time. Brother might think it's cool. I don't know whether to tell wife and brother or just keep my mouth shut.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

There are other suggestions saying to divorce now while they're still on good terms and raise their kids together. It's a matter of getting him to realize that "being a child of divorce!!!" doesn't gently caress up the kids as much as having parents who aren't in love and are miserable living together.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, there's no other reason that I could imagine a woman could visit a man's home in the middle of the day

Just kidding I've seen this episode and they're planning OP's surprise party

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

The mom of the kindergartner pulling her daughter from class over the male sub is sad and hilarious. Sad because, while as a once off it's harmless, if she makes a habit of hypervigilence around all men regardless of context, it will absolutely rub off on her daughter as she gets older. That's how you set kids up for an anxiety disorder as an adult, and if she's never allowed a male role model or even contact with men other than her father, it's setting her up to be in far more danger from bad men when she's older and more independent.

Hilarious because I'd love to see an update post by the pearl-clutching mother. "We went to get ice cream but there was a black family eating at the outdoor table near the door so I didn't feel comfortable and we used the drive through instead. Later at the park I noticed a trash barrel was overflowing and wouldn't let her play on the sand or grass because it seemed like a place junkies would leave needles lying around. Later at home I made us mayonnaise and cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off and she colored in her book while I caught up on Fox News."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
afaik we don't even know if it was the kid's mom or the dad, but of course that doesn't stop this thread from creating stories about hysterical bitches who are now also racist

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for having sex with my GFs sister and basically suggesting a threesome?

quote:

Had to shorten this after getting removed with the 3k char limit. Check my post history for relationship advice post for the full story
GF enjoys getting massages, I had never tried it before so I decided to get us buy us a Groupon for a spa day type thing which included a 1 hour couples massage.
Throughout the massage I noticed that my masseuse seemed to be paying a lot of attention to my inner thighs/legs. Eventually she asked me if I wanted to roll over and have her continue massaging. I declined because I thought that was kind of weird and honestly how she was massaging my back/legs felt really good so I was fine with her continuing that.

GF asked how I liked it and I told her what happened, asked her if that was standard and if her masseur did that with her. She said they didn't do that to her and joked it that it might be one of those "special" massage places. Sure enough, I found it on some random "massage parlor review" message boards and I told GF about it and we got a laugh. GF told me that she found that pretty hot and suggested that we make another appointment and I accept the roll over and see what happens.

At the next appointment I end up getting a hand job from the masseuse. My GF ended up finding this extremely hot and we ended up booking semi frequently appointments together. It progressed in to both of us getting release from the masseuse each time with masseuse actually riding me while my GF watched. We eventually end up coming to an agreement that whenever I get a massage I'm allowed to accept this type of service if its offered.

3 months ago we moved back to her home town. We eventually find a new massage place. The first few times I/we went, it was the same girl, but shortly after that it would be a new girl pretty much every time. About a month and a half ago their new masseuse was GFs little sister(LS). We had met a decent amount of times when we would come to visit (for holiday/etc) but hadn't really gotten to know each other. At first, it was a legit massage and we would spend the session talking while she gave me a massage. LS finally ends up asking me why I'm going to a massage parlor like this so frequently. I end up telling her the agreement GF and I have and she seemed a little surprised but just continues like normal. Next session, LS asks if I want to roll over. I agree and she ends up giving me a hand job initially and then gets on top of me (I requested that she used a condom for this). I continue sessions with LS and suggest a couples session and she says sure.

When we get to the parlor, LS walks in to the room with the other masseur, GF seemed a little surprised. Towards the end of the session LS tells the masseur that she can finish up from here and he leaves the room. LS tells me to roll over and starts giving me a hand job and goes to get on top of me and all hell breaks loose.

We end up spending the next few hours arguing and I'm currently in a hotel room by myself the next day typing this up.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

afaik we don't even know if it was the kid's mom or the dad, but of course that doesn't stop this thread from creating stories about hysterical bitches who are now also racist

if it's the dad he's 100% a pedophile so in this particular instance I can't blame people for imagining the tamer alternative

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for getting a delivery guy fired?

"Boys will be boys! Just let them harass and stalk you!"

holy poo poo dad

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The Bramble posted:

The mom of the kindergartner pulling her daughter from class over the male sub is sad and hilarious. Sad because, while as a once off it's harmless, if she makes a habit of hypervigilence around all men regardless of context, it will absolutely rub off on her daughter as she gets older. That's how you set kids up for an anxiety disorder as an adult, and if she's never allowed a male role model or even contact with men other than her father, it's setting her up to be in far more danger from bad men when she's older and more independent.

Hilarious because I'd love to see an update post by the pearl-clutching mother. "We went to get ice cream but there was a black family eating at the outdoor table near the door so I didn't feel comfortable and we used the drive through instead. Later at the park I noticed a trash barrel was overflowing and wouldn't let her play on the sand or grass because it seemed like a place junkies would leave needles lying around. Later at home I made us mayonnaise and cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off and she colored in her book while I caught up on Fox News."

My sister is kind of doing this with her daughter. Not as extreme as the person in this story, but her 3yo daughter has straight up panic attacks around any men other than immediate family and hides behind mom the entire time. Maybe she'll grow out of it but my sister and BIL just laugh it off but it seems like something that could affect her quite a bit later in life. It's totally caused by my sisters parental anxieties.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

chitoryu12 posted:

"being a child of divorce!!!" doesn't gently caress up the kids as much as having parents who aren't in love and are miserable living together.

This should be a hallmark card that kids can get for their parents on every holiday, repeat as needed

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Grape posted:

"Boys will be boys" doesn't suck that much less when it's done in self deprecating fashion.

Hanging out with those who actually have a 12 year old boy mindset is more fun then hanging out with a grown man who only thinks he has it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0TzqMPc2QQ

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Straight White Shark posted:

if it's the dad he's 100% a pedophile so in this particular instance I can't blame people for imagining the tamer alternative
it could be the same kind of shithead dad who cleans a gun and makes weird threats when his daughter's prom date comes to pick her up -- to me it just had that kind of vibe maybe. Which is definitely very weird/gross and patriarchal and ownership-y, but not like full-blown pedo

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

And if you are really on good terms just get two houses next to each other or a duplex or something so the kids can easily be with both of you while you have separate space. Worked for some friends of mine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Piell posted:

I was wondering how this story would get to the sister and hoo boy did it get there.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

it could be the same kind of shithead dad who cleans a gun and makes weird threats when his daughter's prom date comes to pick her up -- to me it just had that kind of vibe maybe. Which is definitely very weird/gross and patriarchal and ownership-y, but not like full-blown pedo

He literally thinks the only reason a man would want to teach kindergarten is to molest kids, because kindergarteners have some special property that older children lack. It's not much of a stretch.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

Then he can be a governor and showcase horrible gun safety habits in his campaign ad:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4ABRz_epvic

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Piell posted:

"Sure you can get handies from sleazy massage parlors" is pretty out there, but it's a far cry from "Go ahead and bang my sister if she offers" which is again a galaxy away from "I'll have a threesome with you and my sister"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I [19 M] told a lie to my girlfriend [19 F] that keeps getting bigger.

quote:

So I met my girlfriend at a college orientation last year, we dated for a few months, broke up, and are now back together again. Initially we broke up because I was in a bad state of mind and I decided I could use some time. Now we are back together and I’m doing much better mentally! Sadly, however, I told a lie. A pointless lie, and now it is eating me inside out.

I should mention I used to be a really bad compulsive liar which is something I am working on and am doing well to stop entirely. Also to note, I never lie about anything serious or harmful, very honest person but I love telling people good stories. Now I can’t remember telling her any other lies about me or anything, except one. And that’s because it was the only one that stuck, and I only keep adding to it. I feel so trapped in this pointless lie and I want out for numerous reasons, but most of all... I think it’s because I’ve fallen for her this time around.

To help you all understand, I lied about my past. Told her I used to do criminal acts, and during our first few months together, I was “still working” with them and eventually “left” the criminals for her. It was all made up, and it served no purpose I can remember. To make matters worse is that she asks about it often and I just keep lying. I’m so deep in this that even I’m starting to believe it.

Over time during my self betterment period I realized that lying hurts when found out about, but I’m a great liar, so I don’t usually ever get caught. All I want to do is tell her I’ve been lying to her for no reason other than to lie and tell stories. That’s why I lied, I love telling stories, but for some reason I just can’t seem to tell her I lied. Last time I saw her I lied even more about it. I just can’t keep lying anymore to anyone, but especially this girl. I love her too much and it’s hard to think she’s so good and honest to me, and I keep lying about being an ex getaway driver and burglar. I want to tell her they are all lies but I’m terrified she’ll resent me for it. Breakup with me and I’ll be left to wallow in the consequences in which I do fairly deserve, but wish to do anything as well as everything to prevent.

I know I should just come clean and tell her. Live with the consequences. But I’m being selfish and wish to continue to withhold the truth in order to keep our relationship intact. Writing this all down makes me seem like a terrible person(which I hope I’m not) and is making me feel worse. Oh god.

TL;DR

I told a pointless lie to my girlfriend and I regret it now.

EDIT: I came forth and told the truth. We are working through it and I feel so much better. Thank you so much everyone for the support. You all rock!

I'm actually disappointed this ends with him telling the truth and working it out instead of engaging in wackier and wackier stunts to prove that he's actually a former gangster.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Mind your own goddamned business

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

WIBTA if I started calling my white coworkers by random 'white' names?

quote:

I moved from Georgia to the Pacific Northwest last year for a dream job after I graduated college. It was a little bit of a culture shock, because I went from being one of many black people around at any given time to often being the only non-white person in a room, let alone black person. There hasn't been a lot of overt racism, but there's been a lot of strange borderline situations that are amusing and race-related but not necessarily racist. For example, every white woman I meet mentions Beyonce to me within the first five minutes. When I was sitting for my driver's license photo the woman taking my picture opened with, 'So... Beyonce.'

So the problem in the post title is that I am the only black woman at my office, and I am constantly, constantly being called the wrong name at work, and I'm coming up on my one-year anniversary. My name is Tina, short for Christina. Pronounced just like it looks, very easy name. For some reason, a handful of people at work call me Tiana, Tiara, or Tia, I think assuming that my name has to be more 'black sounding' than it is. I am most often called Tiana, especially by one of the guys on our development team and by the 'big boss' for another team, which I think then confuses their team members back into calling me the wrong name again. The other thing is that apparently another black woman (elderly, not in the same position I'm in) used to work there and I get called her name (Mary) sometimes too. Sometimes people will look at my name plate and ask me, "How do you pronounce that?" It's Tina!

I have tried politely correcting this and I correct it immediately every time. From polite, "Just for the record, my name is Tina!" to lighthearted, "Tina, like Tina Belcher!" In e-mails from me that say Tina in a million places, including my e-mail address, I still get, "Thanks Tiana!" Sooo... I'm considering doing the Twitter approach, where I just respond to coworkers who call me the wrong name with the wrong name. Like:

Chuck: Thanks, Tiana

Tina: No problem, Chad!

Jessica: Hi Tiara!

Tina: Good morning, Jennifer!

Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I did this? I know it's passive aggressive, but every form of polite correction hasn't worked, and I feel really disrespected by this, so I may as well have some fun with it.

EDIT: I am pretty overwhelmed by the responses so I just want to add a couple of things:

A lot of people have suggested that I gently and firmly remind people of my name. That's what I've been doing, and was my first line of defense!

A lot of people have suggested I go to HR. This is the kind of nebulous thing HR doesn't really help with, and it isn't as serious as it could be.

A lot of people who identify themselves as white have informed me that this isn't race-related. It is. I have been black for 25 years, and I have a lot of firsthand experience with racism, and I can identify it in my own life. It isn't overt racism, like a slur or an assault, but it is still race-related. I feel like a few people are ALMOST getting it. A lot of people are referencing that Key and Peele sketch with the substitute teacher, which is literally a joke about how white people do this to black people, turned on its head!

And finally, a few people have asked why I don't use Tina Turner as an example, since she's also a black Tina. First, I thought young-ish white people would be more familiar with Tina Belcher, but I used 'Tina Turner' as an example for our Dean and he then 'affectionately' nicknamed me Tina Turner, which took deprogramming from his EA to get over.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

Mind your own goddamned business

Excuse me, you are in the wrong thread. If this does not end in a threesome with his wife and brother catching them in the act when they come home from their own date they are doing Reddit wrong.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Piell posted:

There is zero chance any of this actually happened. It sounds like the plot to a bad amateur porn video.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Giant_Pupils posted:

There is zero chance any of this actually happened. It sounds like the plot to a bad amateur porn video.

Theres way too much setup. Maybe back in the 70s when porn had a runtime and titles like "The Majestic Flea" but now a days you gotta get to the loving like its land in oklahoma.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Giant_Pupils posted:

Also just :barf: at having penetrative sex with the masseuse for so many reasons, ranging from the visceral “dude, no, that’s physically disgusting don’t stick your dick in there” to the far worse mental “man, that lady’s being forced to gently caress this weird dude and his girlfriend because she’s a slave :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I'm young-ish, white, and I just had to look up what a Tina Belcher is, God drat you redditor