Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
They look like Nigerian patterns on Western style shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Fake edit: lol, didn't notice the little Versace logo peeking out there on the first one. Is ... is this stuff high fashion right now?

Versace has been going for neo-baroque style for a while now!

Check out this adorable baby set :3:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Fake edit: lol, didn't notice the little Versace logo peeking out there on the first one. Is ... is this stuff high fashion right now?

It is if you're an elf.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Or Prince.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Did someone say!?

(Saved ages ago from Ali, no link handy if it’s even still available)

Edit: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32808271343.html :mmmhmm:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 12, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Or the Long Island Medium.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
All my Ali packages have started arriving lately with multiple layers of shipping stickers, the bottom of which always seems to be the actual label with the tracking code the seller gave me.

This has greatly increased the shipping time for all my packages which really sucks, and also it can't actually be cheaper to ship an item for under a buck with three layers of handling like that.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

norp posted:

All my Ali packages have started arriving lately with multiple layers of shipping stickers, the bottom of which always seems to be the actual label with the tracking code the seller gave me.

One seller tried to use that against me in a dispute. Was sent the wrong item, took pictures of it and the seller zoomed in and was like, "There is another label on top of it so if you peel that off you can see it's for a different person". Yeah right. Plus you can't peel those things off. Just give me my $1.07 back fool! I wanted cute post it notes, not doll clothes!

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

well how much is it?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Similar to that, this sheep cotton bud holder is also cute:

I was tossing up between the sheep and other decorative options like:

But I've turned my back on disposable cotton buds in favour of this.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Was this in the 'cooking' section?

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

I’m visualizing a subscription service with the same purpose as ruindays.com except instead of poop or glitter it’s just an endless supply of Chinese sex toys and fuckpillows arriving to the victim’s office completely without explanation.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I posted about the tent pegs I ordered and received, but I didn't mention that they were for prayer flags. Sure, there are prayer flags on Aliexpress, but you really need to consider: would you listen to the prayers of someone supporting an oppressive invasion force that exploits the word "Tibetan" in its marketing, or rather use the first link, which supports the Tibet Relief Fund?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Moot .1415926535 posted:

I’m visualizing a subscription service with the same purpose as ruindays.com except instead of poop or glitter it’s just an endless supply of Chinese sex toys and fuckpillows arriving to the victim’s office completely without explanation.

One time, Grand Fromage and I were on a walk in China when we ran across a random sex toy vedatorium in this equally random residential neighborhood in Chengdu. One of the toys was called The Mystery rear end and it looked like chicken cutlets. Welp, that's my story, China is unusual.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Moon Atari posted:

Thanks, I hate it.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Facebook Aunt posted:

It is if you're an elf.

Don't doxx me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moon Atari posted:

If you want to jam things in your ear I prefer this aliexpress option:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/7pc...2900054524.html

I got the multi pack because I know nothing of the mysterious eastern ear cleaning tools and wanted to try the different shapes. Conclusion: spoon shaped ones are best. The whisk and honey dipper looking ones work fine, but they are much more difficult to clean.

I was a little nervous about putting metal rods in my ears, but after trying them I think I'm less likely to accidentally damage my eardrum this way. I can feel exactly where it is, unlike a bud with the soft material and large surface area contact.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I hadn't seen the screw headed variety of metal ear pick before. Do they work easily for wet ear wax? Most of the metal scoops seems like they would only work well for asian style dry wax, while the nubbed silicone should better allow for the traditional cotton bud "jam it in and rub it around" style of wax removal favoured for wet wax. But possibly those screws and springs might do the trick.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moon Atari posted:

I hadn't seen the screw headed variety of metal ear pick before. Do they work easily for wet ear wax? Most of the metal scoops seems like they would only work well for asian style dry wax, while the nubbed silicone should better allow for the traditional cotton bud "jam it in and rub it around" style of wax removal favoured for wet wax. But possibly those screws and springs might do the trick.

I have very wet earwax and the spoons worked great. The screw ones had the advantage that you don't have to turn it, I guess, but they are harder to clean.

I like that set because it let me try different shapes and different handles and the whole kit was under 3 bucks. No sharp or rough bits on the metal. No sign of rust, flaking, or other irregularities in the metal.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

We went out for a drink once, didn't we?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

We went out for a drink once, didn't we?

We did! Also with Rime and Jehde I believe. I'm fairly sure I was not dressed as an elf prince.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Have you guys ever returned something on Aliexpress or is it not worth it? I'm assuming that the seller will ask you to ship it back to China but for an item I paid $12 USD it's not even worth it at that point?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What is your time worth to you?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
That's not how this game is played

(Plus, your return shipping costs are probably going to be more than you paid for the entire thing, including delivery to you)

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.
I was browsing for a new set of gym clothes and found [url="AU $12.57 38%OFF | New 2019 Cotton Men's T shirt Vintage Ripped Hole T-shirt Men Fashion Casual Top Tee Men Hip Hop Activewears Fitness Tshirt Male
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cK9rgMzi"]

It's like they took a perfectly normal shirt and... no I really don't know what they've done here.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Halfway to Hulk cosplay.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Busy Bee posted:

Have you guys ever returned something on Aliexpress or is it not worth it? I'm assuming that the seller will ask you to ship it back to China but for an item I paid $12 USD it's not even worth it at that point?

Either request a replacement (no dispute) or ask for a partial refund, if it's broken in transit then Ali will side with you.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Some sellers have domestic returns via AliExpress shipping centre's. It's worth checking.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Got my pillow case:

I had to remove some filling from the pillow I used and resew it, which is why it's slightly wonkey.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I could watch that all day

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Agreeing with the sentiment that the blank side should've been Travolta's face.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Moon Atari posted:

Loop curettes work best for Caucasian ear wax imo but the scoop should be fine. I'd use plastic instead of metal just due to me being a Clumsy Cathy but whatever.

For people wondering yes there is a difference in ear wax if that sounds really racist, Asians tend to have very dry ear wax and Caucasians have a more wet ear wax. It's a genetic thing and probably due to evolution in different environments. It's the same genetic marker that makes Caucasian people produce more body odor so easy earwax, very stinky.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

angerbeet posted:

Loop curettes work best for Caucasian ear wax imo but the scoop should be fine. I'd use plastic instead of metal just due to me being a Clumsy Cathy but whatever.

For people wondering yes there is a difference in ear wax if that sounds really racist, Asians tend to have very dry ear wax and Caucasians have a more wet ear wax. It's a genetic thing and probably due to evolution in different environments. It's the same genetic marker that makes Caucasian people produce more body odor so easy earwax, very stinky.

I need these. I have bad wax/vertigo issues and I got some disposable plastic ear scoops at one point but they really aren't soft enough.

e: and I've ordered some.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 14, 2019

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My light-up Bluetooth-speaker flowerpot was "processed through" USPS's Chicago facility on May 26. There've been no updates since then, and no sign of it. At least I can put in a search request with the USPS since it disappeared on native soil. Let's see if they can get their poo poo together (I'm not holding my breath).

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

LifeSunDeath posted:

I need these. I have bad wax/vertigo issues and I got some disposable plastic ear scoops at one point but they really aren't soft enough.

Talk to your doctor about the Epley maneuver and I think the plastic curettes come in specific hardnesses and it's somehow color based.

Anyway here's a video of someone removing earwax with a curette it's maybe NSFW, somehow, though it does feature smooth jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj4cEE4wLn4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

angerbeet posted:

Talk to your doctor about the Epley maneuver and I think the plastic curettes come in specific hardnesses and it's somehow color based.

Anyway here's a video of someone removing earwax with a curette it's maybe NSFW, somehow, though it does feature smooth jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj4cEE4wLn4

Done plenty of Epleys, I instruct patients on how to perform them, occasionally, in my work. The problem is that it does nothing for me personally other than induce nausea. The increased cerumen buildup seems to be the biggest factor, it'll get to the point of totally occluding my ear about twice a year, leading to vertigo and infections. It's not fun.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Who doesn't want to cultivate one's morality?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32916203237.html

Edit: spoilered for semi-naked mannequins.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

By popular demand posted:

Got my pillow case:

I had to remove some filling from the pillow I used and resew it, which is why it's slightly wonkey.

Weird. The face on mine is not as zoomed in. More blank/skin tone space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Actually starting to suspect that the sustained earwax scooper chat is not ironic