Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
good luck and have fun with the leaky butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Globo is closing ranks HARD around Moro and LavaJato, though. They will tolerate narratives that harm Bolsonaro and his loons, but is dead set on protecting the 'centrist' elements of the establishment so they can pick up the pieces nice this whole mess crashes.

SiC straight up just gave Manuela Moura Guedes, whose only foreign policy commentary was explicitly Pro-Bolso, a 4 month ""vacation"" after a heavy, heavy Advertising campaign and reports of the CEO that owns Sic being particularly proud of her commentary space. But no peeps about their other commentators who got Sic to put a timer on the main channel until Lula's conviction on which they decided to commentate on how the left was too paranoid and just shat on the literal obvious nonsense going on as "leftover neo-colonialism from us as the extremely moral Europeans". So they're half-serious about suddenly having to come across as not being complicit on this poo poo.

spivak
May 19, 2010
Moro supporters I know are completely unfazed. They either do not comprehend what he did wrong, or think he is some kind of badboy vigilante breaking some laws to put corrupt politicians in jail.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Latest bit of leaks released has a section where the prosecutor talks about coordination with the Americans. There's already plenty of evidence for it, but another sign of us backing of lava jato.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

joepinetree posted:

Latest bit of leaks released has a section where the prosecutor talks about coordination with the Americans. There's already plenty of evidence for it, but another sign of us backing of lava jato.

That ties it back during the Obama admin technically no?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Yes.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Just imagine Brazilians, if Bernie Sanders was the president of your country right now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao the loving gall of the media here

https://twitter.com/ThiagoKrause2/status/1139320091819040768

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

joepinetree posted:

Source? I tried but couldn't find anything about this.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

Source? I tried but couldn't find anything about this.

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/12/chat-sergio-moro-deltan-dallagnol-lavajato/

quote:

31 de agosto de 2016

Moro – 18:44:08 – Não é muito tempo sem operação?
Deltan – 20:05:32 – É sim. O problema é que as operações estão com as mesmas pessoas que estão com a denúncia do Lula. Decidimos postergar tudo até sair essa denúncia, menos a op do taccla pelo risco de evasão, mas ela depende de Articulacao com os americanos
Deltan – 20:05:45 – (Que está sendo feita)
Deltan – 20:05:59 – Estamos programados para denunciar dia 14
Moro – 20:53:39 – Ok

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Hahaha, those subheads tho

Maconha Liberado, Lula Solto, Governo Derrubado.

Yes, Genie, I'm sure that's how I'd like to spend my 3 wishes.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Oh I see, I saw this part but I was so focused on judge Moro being clearly active on the prosecution front that I missed this bit.

The conversations are all :smug: weird :smug: and full of insinuations, it's gonna be material for conspiracy theories for years.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

Oh I see, I saw this part but I was so focused on judge Moro being clearly active on the prosecution front that I missed this bit.

The conversations are all :smug: weird :smug: and full of insinuations, it's gonna be material for conspiracy theories for years.

No kidding. There's even insinuations about boosting the impeachment proceedings (they are already talking about a securing their positions in the 'new government" in 2015 when Dilma only fell in March 2016).

I'd like something to make the very timely death of STF's Teori more of a conspiracy fodder, but I guess that's asking too much.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sephyr posted:

I'd like something to make the very timely death of STF's Teori more of a conspiracy fodder, but I guess that's asking too much.

Remember that the police chief investigating that got murdered 👀

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/14...ram-a-imprensa/

New one right from the oven, just when Moro tried to recontextualize his messages with the prosecutors as "personal contacts", this shows him straight up directing them on what they should talk to the press.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Plutonis posted:

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/14...ram-a-imprensa/

New one right from the oven, just when Moro tried to recontextualize his messages with the prosecutors as "personal contacts", this shows him straight up directing them on what they should talk to the press.

This one is...quite worse. Shows a greater scope to the manipulation and collusion. and if the press had any backbone left, it would get pissed at them openly calling the vehicles simplistic dopes and start actually doing its job.

Still won't convince the fevered masses, but it's another crack. It'll take a damning audio or video to push the needle further, and a big financial crash or other failure of the government to make the news media lose hope for the reform and actually boost said content.

That said, bolsonazi fired three (!) generals today from government psoitions, for the crime of not being crazy enough. One even opposed paying loony guru olave de Carvalho 320k a month to do a show on EBC, of course he had to go! Either he really takes the army's support for granted, or he's fully an empty shell being filled with conspiracies and crazy orders from his chud sons.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
This latest bit also shows that the intercept knows what they are doing. They give Moro et al time to get a narrative in order, only to dismantle it.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Glenn is a powerful messy bitch who loves drama.

Good thing in this case he’s using his powers for good.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Definitely. It's the Turkish Tango I mentioned a couple of pages back, during the Kashoggi case.

When you have a big trove of data, dumping it all at once is dumb. The media will pick a few choice bits to hype for a bit, the targets will shrug it off, and within a week the cycle will have moved on.

But if you release a bit, wait for the target to react or deny, then release another bit that shows how venal/false they were, again and again, you can keep it going and twist the official narrative into a knot.

Bolso will keep doubling down because it's what he's been put there to do. I'm betting 5 to 1 he pins another medal on Moro next week.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Is the only reason the establishment hasn't turned on Bolsonaro yet the fact that they're waiting on him to be the fall guy for Pension Reform?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

hoiyes posted:

Is the only reason the establishment hasn't turned on Bolsonaro yet the fact that they're waiting on him to be the fall guy for Pension Reform?

Pretty much. That and their eternal terror of shaking the conservative tree too much, lest they empower labour candidates and policies.

Right now, they feel they can punch Bolsonaro to some extent (since his vice-president is also quite hardcore and less dumb and they'd love it if he was in charge), bit not go all out enough to damage the whole government since there is no common-sense 'centrist' figure they can back to do the same agenda with a kind smile.

Their golden boy Aécio imploded taking bribes on video and scurried back to his home state as a minor legislative figure to avoid prosecution (even if he keeps being protected b y the courts), and the other contender, like Dória, don't have proven national appeal yet.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I finally saw the US video with Glenn summarizing what happened the past week. Following thread now.

I love a good Glenn Greenwald victory lap.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I struggle to imagine President Doria, surely the orgy video's existence is enough to make evangelicals wary of him. Could Corvas make the jump over Doria? He at least does a reasonable approximation of being a human being, and not being pasty-white like Doria probably helps in the North?? Could they court the Novo banker guy away? Or even Ciro, who seems to be positioning himself closer to the centre-right since the election.

LOL @ the video from the Crime Commission talking about calling Glenn to give evidence. Pathetic idiots.

"So this journalist, Glenn something, whatever I don't know his name or care who he is, from the newspaper The Intercept, which by the way, for some reason ends with the letters PT..." :thumbsup:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
It's a bit early to tell. I persoanlly don't see Doria achieving truly national status; he's a very São Paulo kind of creep, and a lot of thechuds from Rio and the South think he's a communist for some insane reason.

Covas is more likely, but...he is not a walking void like Alckmin, but also shows almost no personality, and his party is a spent force politically outside of SP.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So what is the deal with pension reform are millions of civil service employees all having guaranteed pensions and they're trying to privatise the whole thing?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

hoiyes posted:

I struggle to imagine President Doria, surely the orgy video's existence is enough to make evangelicals wary of him

I also dont see it, but not because of that. Brazilian-style fundamentalism is only seriously radical against gays, feminism, abortion, trans people and african-american religions, they couldnt care less about many marriages of Bolsonaro or the heterosexual orgies of Doria

Sephyr posted:

It's a bit early to tell. I persoanlly don't see Doria achieving truly national status; he's a very São Paulo kind of creep, and a lot of thechuds from Rio and the South think he's a communist for some insane reason.

Covas is more likely, but...he is not a walking void like Alckmin, but also shows almost no personality, and his party is a spent force politically outside of SP.

Agreed. Also, he barely won even in São Paulo, even calling himself "bolsodoria", even in a moment were the devil himself would win here against anyone remotely related to the left

edit: also they think he is a communist because Olavo de Carvalho managed to convince everyone that PSDB is as much part of the left as PT. It kinda was, in a not so distant past, a center-left party. It aint anymore, of course, at least ever since they had to became the main opposition to PT. Doria has been trying to purge PSDB from its last "kinda-left" members for this reason. PSDB is bascialy his now

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 14:24 on Jun 16, 2019

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Jose posted:

So what is the deal with pension reform are millions of civil service employees all having guaranteed pensions and they're trying to privatise the whole thing?

It's more complicated than that. Big problem is how unequal the current pension system is, and how much it preserves certain benefits from certain powerful groups. In the current system, the most privileged in terms of retirement are members of the military and of the judiciary, who retire with full salaries and other bonuses, based on years worked but not age. The least are workers from the private sector. The pension reform proposed does very little to curtail benefits from judiciary members and the military, but introduces things like minimum age and changes how frequently pensions are adjusted for inflation for private workers. The Brazilian judiciary is something ridiculous. 60 days vacation every year, you can housing assistance and all sorts of bonuses even if you already own your own home (Moro was making between 80 and 100k reais on a salary of 30 something). And if you are busted doing something wrong, like selling sentences, your punishment is early retirement with full salary and benefits.

And that is without touching the proposal to switch from a paygo system to a capitalization pension system, which would probably be extremely expensive for decades.

joepinetree has issued a correction as of 15:29 on Jun 16, 2019

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

edit: also they think he is a communist because Olavo de Carvalho managed to convince everyone that PSDB is as much part of the left as PT. It kinda was, in a not so distant past, a center-left party. It aint anymore, of course, at least ever since they had to became the main opposition to PT. Doria has been trying to purge PSDB from its last "kinda-left" members for this reason. PSDB is bascialy his now

PSDB actually started out as a rather promising center-left little outfit , but it sadly went bad -fast- when they realized the educated middle class voter bloc they were hoping to bank upon to change the country was really small and reactionary as gently caress, and boy was there a lot of votes and cash right there over the PFL's side. After the last stubborn leaders like Mario Covas died or retired, it was a done deal.

That said, Doria being in control of the party is almost a hollow victory at this point. The generation/faction that cared about PSDB as a non-crazy alternative is dwindling both due to age and radicalization. And they don't really care for watered-down similes, they want the real article.. Just mouthing bolsominion platitudes won't help him when there's actual frothing maniacs like Witzel sharing the stage.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Next leak is gonna be aimed at globo

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/felipebayan/status/1140391746758746114

sadly, some US progressives I know are buying this bullshit because "it's an attempt to de-stabilize Brazil's anti-corruption crusade"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the entire political and religious foundation of evangelicals the world over is cruelty and spite towards people they consider unsaved and subhuman. they're a fascist political movement, not a religious one, and should be handled like anyone else of that persuasion

is Glenn gonna translate the other three parts that are only in Portuguese? i want to read them all

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Troy Queef posted:

sadly, some US progressives I know are buying this bullshit because "it's an attempt to de-stabilize Brazil's anti-corruption crusade"

man those peacock docs are so obviously fake, no one in the press is buying it. it's really only right-wingers memeing this poo poo on the social networks.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Troy Queef posted:

Have you pointed out the supposed documents are complete Google Translate bullshit?

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1140422057018236928?s=21

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Troy Queef posted:

It's the stupidest loving poo poo, the whole story being peddled through right-wing twitter is as follows :

1. Greenwald and his husband bought Jean-Willys' mandate as Miranda was next in line on the party list (Jean Willys was a gay deputy who fled the country after receiving death threats this election)
2. The hacker got a bitcoin receipt proving Greenwald is getting help from Putin funneling rubles to Willys
3. This is the receipt.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1140420056473640966

As you can see, it's literally just a piece of paper in badly-written engrish. Yesterday bolso's twitter bot network got this over 250k retweets in a couple of hours, apparently that's what it takes to bend the narrative in this here hellworld :froggonk:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Glad that American "Progressives" found new common ground with the Bolsonarists by believing that Greenwald is a Russian agent.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Glad that American "Progressives" found new common ground with the Bolsonarists by believing that Greenwald is a Russian agent.
it's not an uncommon belief. there used to be a cspam regular who believed that poo poo and regularly accused him of it, idk if they still post here. generally, saying "don't blame things on russia" will get you smeared as a sympathizer by libs and some progressives. see also Michael Tracey

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also lmao at the bitcoin receipt for the hacker

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Plutonis posted:

Is really amazing

Why some of the american left hate Greenwald again?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

That's a heap of rublos alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is really amazing

Why some of the american left hate Greenwald again?

Broke the illusion that Obama was a peace loving defender of civil rights.