Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait to go to the Poke-Australia and fight wave after wave of emu Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Funky Valentine posted:

I can't wait to go to the Poke-Australia and fight wave after wave of emu Pokemon.
Dodrio mega-evolution when

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Nodosaur posted:

how do we explain the wild Bewears of Galar, then?

Bewear goes wherever it drat well pleases.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

What about Stantler. The only reason I remember it is that it's the most forgettable.

I play the randbats ladder on showdown and Stantler pops up every now and then.

It's cool that such a forgettable Pokémon has one of the best competitive abilities in the game

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

Dodrio mega-evolution when

Never because mega evolutions has gone to live on a farm.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if you forget pokemon that's on you

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Apparently Pokeball Plus will be supported, just not as a controller. It will also have a special perk if you put a specific Pokémon in there. That’s some good news at least. I love my Pokeball Plus.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Stantler should have been Normal/Psychic. :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Galian Stantler is Normal/Psychic, but regular Stantler is not in the pokedex.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The most forgettable Pokemon is Carnivine

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pixeltendo posted:

Nah. It's so incredibly common in PoGo that it's impossible to forget.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pixeltendo posted:

Quilfish exists. Barely.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vandar posted:

And also was a Team Rocket mon on the anime for hundreds of episodes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

also it's cute

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the most forgettable pokemon is pikachu, which is why gamefreak needs to keep reminding us that it exists

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Chimecho.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I just started Pokemon Moon. drat, this game has plot

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Vandar posted:

I spent four days in Texas and didn't see one. Stupid adventure week making everything rock type.
:argh:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Flopsy posted:

Chimecho.

eastern hoenn probably has the highest density of forgettable pokemon of any area in any region

chimecho, clamperl, relicanth, luvdisc...

(some would include tropius, but those people would be wrong)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Chimecho is good. It's a windchime! There should be more Pokemon that are things.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jazerus posted:

eastern hoenn probably has the highest density of forgettable pokemon of any area in any region

chimecho, clamperl, relicanth, luvdisc...

(some would include tropius, but those people would be wrong)

Those are good pokemon.

Maybe not Clamperl I guess. But the others are good.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Don't worry; all your favorites may be gone, but it's being put to good use for the visuals in the first main console entry into the Pokemon series!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
does anyone have an extra Volcanion they could part with

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Flopsy posted:

Chimecho.

I wish I could forget Chimecho instead of being annoyed at its name that trips me up because chime + echo is awful to combine.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
i pronounce it (in my head) as chimmy-co

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Filthy Haiku posted:

Don't worry; all your favorites may be gone, but it's being put to good use for the visuals in the first main console entry into the Pokemon series!

glad to see the ocarina of time trees are still getting work

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I always pronounced it as chi-meko (like Chicago).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flopsy posted:

Chimecho.

I'm still baffled that Chimecho got a baby pre-evo.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Filthy Haiku posted:

I would ask if this is particularly impressive, but I would then be informed that that's :thejoke:. Or is it actually impressive in some way I'm not seeing?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They are saying it's not impressive.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

chingling is insanely cute

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

RatHat posted:

I'm still baffled that Chimecho got a baby pre-evo.

My guess is that other Pokemon that have the same base stat total also have pre-evolutions. Dugtrio, Marowak, Sunflora, Swoobat and Wigglytuff.

Granted none of these Pokemon are particularly strong (well, Dugtrio has Arena Trap and Marowak has an item that doubles its attack) to begin with, and 425 is lowish.

Although in Gen 7 they increased its base stats to be 455. Still kind of lame but better.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

I would ask if this is particularly impressive, but I would then be informed that that's :thejoke:. Or is it actually impressive in some way I'm not seeing?

The joke is that tree has textures on par with the N64, and that the benefits of the time/resources they've saved by cutting out a bunch of pokemon are questionable.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

speaking as someone who breeds a ton of pokemon with perfect IVs, it's sacrilege :colbert:
(especially, because, ya know, they fixed the main problem with IVs by way of super training. Just make bottlecaps purchasable with BP and they'd be golden. Now all they need is a way to alter the statboost from natures)

But all IVs are adding is unnecessary tedium. Why are they needed? In most circumstances you just want maxed IVs anyways, so why not make that the default? (And just find another way to set HP type.)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't think the textures in SwSh are anything impressive, but then, neither were a lot of the ones in Breath of the Wild, and regardless, both ended up looking pretty crappy when viewed through the lens of a screen-cap that was taken from a low quality twitch or youtube stream.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Matsuda: "he primary reason we are cutting mons is for balance, we will also spend more resources on representing the pokemon included"

Armchair Game Directors: "LOOK AT THE TEXTURES AND ANIMATION"

I get that it sucks but they literally said the primary reason is balance and gameplay related so the textures and animations prove nothing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it doesn't actually matter what is or isn't the case because either way it means we get the fun of watching a bunch of utterly joyless people go out of their way to endlessly pick apart every single aspect of everything we see until release later this year in regards to anything related to the game, and they're going to make sure we know what they think about it no matter what our stance on it all is

buckle up

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Flopsy posted:

Chimecho.

Remember when people thought this thing was a legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah we can't make any definitive statements about game quality until we know what the starter evolutions look like