Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Fister Roboto posted:

I really, really, REALLY hope that the Eden story has something to do with the story of this game's world, and isn't just "lol here's some bosses from FF8 in a circular room".

But the thing about "it's a fight against your imagination" doesn't fill me with hope.

the "fight against your imagination" is almost certainly a reference to the dumb framing device they use for savage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The WoL slowly starts forgetting things that has happened in the past.

It turns out they had Hydaelyn junctioned

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hogama posted:

wow what a huge betrayal of the lore

I am about 95% certain that koji will personally rewrite every mount description necessary to fix this discrepancy

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ImpAtom posted:

Considering that the story cutscene we see involves a really blatant reference to FF8's Eden summon it probably does. As well as the fact they said the raid is blatantly spoilers.

It's more likely that it's going to cover the history of the First or something.

Didn't they also say something about the First not having any weather until you've completed Eden?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
System and Mentor changes:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
...what the hell are the dungeons of lyhe ghiah? and when's the ishgard stuff, is it gonna be open right away?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Minrad posted:

...what the hell are the dungeons of lyhe ghiah? and when's the ishgard stuff, is it gonna be open right away?
Lyhe Ghiah is the new Aquapolis

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Minrad posted:

The new Map dungeons and probably 5.1

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Lyhe Ghiah is the new Aquapolis

aaaah of course

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Here, I made some albums of highlights and a few screenshots from the gameplay.

Powerpoint screens, mounts, and trusts: https://imgur.com/a/rFr06RX
Gear previews: https://imgur.com/a/jrlhj3C

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 15, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm seriously excited for those crafting changes. It's going to be nice not having to alt-tab and plug everything into a calculator to figure out if I have enough to finish a craft.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The amount of quests you have to do to get to heavensward is truly insane.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/KrystalNingu/status/1139699697143042048

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I'm still annoyed that as the game becomes more and more popular, they cut more and more content. Fewer dungeons, smaller-scale raids, fewer beast tribes, gender-locked races with fewer hairstyles and head options, and now, one less field zone.

I could be wrong and the sixth zone is just such a super secret spoiler that they can't show or mention it at all, but I really doubt it at this point.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Francis posted:

I'm still annoyed that as the game becomes more and more popular, they cut more and more content. Fewer dungeons, smaller-scale raids, fewer beast tribes, gender-locked races with fewer hairstyles and head options, and now, one less field zone.

I could be wrong and the sixth zone is just such a super secret spoiler that they can't show or mention it at all, but I really doubt it at this point.

On the other hand, how much have they really made use of the final zone in either of the expansions thus far?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's still absolutely criminal how little they used Azys Lla for how loving amazing that place is visually.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017

Francis posted:

What are you talking about? I mean beast tribes for one there’s three right? Same as HW and SB?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

hosed up that Yoshi disabled healers and tanks on everyone's accounts and told people to use the trust system if they wanted to experience four man content. Extremely suspicious considering the game's growth. Is it possible Blizzard has a man on the inside?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's still absolutely criminal how little they used Azys Lla for how loving amazing that place is visually.
I think you mean "how amazing it would be visually were it not covered in the same green cloud overlay effect as the SA gas chamber"

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Were there even fewer dungeons in SB than HW?

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

Francis posted:

There is a sixth zone, it was confirmed in some of the information coming out after the media tour, iirc.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lol we are so hosed when shad launches

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Gorelab posted:

Heavensward launched with 8 dungeons, Stormblood launched with 8 dungeons. Over the major patches, HW got 2 per patch (one all new dungeon, one Hard version of an older dungeon), while SB alternated 1 and 2 new dungeons per patch; ending up with the same number of all new dungeons relative to HW, but only 2 new Hard versions (as opposed to 5). This was partially if not fully due to Eureka development using the time budget as well (there's 4 zones + Baldesion Arsenal).

Shadowbringers will be launching with 9 dungeons.

Speaking of which, did anybody link the Dungeon Crawl video yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYG8kyImHPY

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
So I finally got Ishgard unlocked and got the dark knight, but it comes at 30. What’s the fastest way to get it to 50 if you have very few quests left? Just running random dungeons over and over?

Also the amount of quests and dungeons I had to do to get there was loving ridiculous FYI.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Francis posted:

They apparently delivered ARR and HW under ridiculous crunch. Koji & the EN localization team got wrecked. Scaling development back a bit in SB and ShB is a good move imo, presuming it leads to more reasonable work hours.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

mikeraskol posted:

So I finally got Ishgard unlocked and got the dark knight, but it comes at 30. What’s the fastest way to get it to 50 if you have very few quests left? Just running random dungeons over and over?

Also the amount of quests and dungeons I had to do to get there was loving ridiculous FYI.

Run the highest level dungeon you have access to

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Kevsop posted:

There is a sixth zone, it was confirmed in some of the information coming out after the media tour, iirc.

I can't find what you're referring to, but did find references to datamining of six zones in the N region, and marketing copy referring to six zones.

(were it five zones it's still counterbalanced by how expansive eureka is compared to diadem, but that's maybe not a great trade)

Gorelab posted:

HW: 6 + 2 + 10
SB: 6 + 2 + 7

I don't like a single dungeon per patch. I think it's bad. I would rather have fewer leveling/launch dungeons to maintain 2 per patch. I want to return to ARR's 3 per patch.

keirharder posted:

What are you talking about? I mean beast tribes for one there’s three right? Same as HW and SB?

Honestly I'm not clear on this either. HW and SB both laid out their beast tribes and associated primal, not mentioning the moogles or namazu. The ShB promotional site has the fae, nu mou, and dwarves and lists Titania and Innocence as trials. HW and SB of course each had a trial not promoted before launch.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

mikeraskol posted:

PotD 50-60 is faster in my experience (tank+healer instant queues) but it loving sucks to do.
Squadrons are also quite fast but they loving suck to do.

Levelling roulette is great. Highest level dungeon is good after. Don't run random dungeons.

e: The last couple levels usually slog on for me, especially if I tire of AV. I usually hit a couple challenge logs - 5 gold fates in 5 zones, and 10 unique fates. I'll also hammer out a couple levequest logs since they take like a minute or two each and are worth decent experience if you don't need them for crafters.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 15, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wait are they seriously only doing one new dungeon per patch in SB2?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I haven't heard that anywhere. Not denying, but can't confirm.

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018

Kurieg posted:

Run the highest level dungeon you have access to

For level grinding before level 60, do POTD floors 51-60. After that do HoH 21-30 to level 70. Do daily roulettes. Nothing else is as efficient for xp. There's no real purpose to repeatedly running the highest level dungeon you have access to - queue times and dungeon completion time + potential to wipe with pubs means it is not only less XP per hour but also bound to be far bumpier and a pain in the rear end

strong bird
May 12, 2009

dungeons are better than potd because potd is bad and isnt fun and some dungeons are. god bless and add a new healer

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He's a tank, queue time isn't a thing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

He's a tank, queue time isn't a thing.

Give it a few weeks

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

memories of the tank queue times when DRK launched. it was DPS in need for a bit from waht i remember.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isk posted:

They apparently delivered ARR and HW under ridiculous crunch. Koji & the EN localization team got wrecked. Scaling development back a bit in SB and ShB is a good move imo, presuming it leads to more reasonable work hours.

Koji was pulling something in the 80-100 hour range per week during the latter half of Heavensward's development. The consistent rate of high-quality content they put out is already an anomaly in the MMO industry as it is, and I'd rather they cut down the quantity over working themselves to death.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

Minrad posted:

hosed up that Yoshi disabled healers and tanks on everyone's accounts and told people to use the trust system if they wanted to experience four man content. Extremely suspicious considering the game's growth. Is it possible Blizzard has a man on the inside?

I don't think I have a single dps class past 40

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HOH is the most efficient for XP in terms of real time spent, but dungeons are way better in terms of active play time, even as dps. While you're waiting for queues you can do other things for XP, like hunts, beast tribe quests, and FATES, or stuff outside of the game like studying or cleaning or shitposting. I can't stand doing HOH for XP because it's just constant back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Vermain posted:

Koji was pulling something in the 80-100 hour range per week during the latter half of Heavensward's development. The consistent rate of high-quality content they put out is already an anomaly in the MMO industry as it is, and I'd rather they cut down the quantity over working themselves to death.

not me, i get to play it when its all done so i want more and i can easily ignore what goes into it. im sure theyre all making a good living and will be able to retire with generous benefits in the next decade or so assuming the island of japan doesnt fall into the sea or get destroyed in a nuclear war

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)