Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cingulate posted:

I think there's more here. Your interests change, your place in society changes, your problems change. I'm thinking about kids now, I have a decent income now, so I worry about other things than when I was younger. I'm sure when I have 7 year olds walking to school, I'll be more concerned about safety and crime than when I was a young fit healthy single male.

Nothing about this has anything to do with political change. It doesn't even make sense -everyone has these problems, but everyone goes different ways when working on them.

What is even your argument here, that everyone not voting CDU hates children and loves crime???

If I'm really generous, all I'm reading here in this post of yours is more clichés and platitudes, with zero meaning. You do good work at slowly convincing me that you got your degree at Clown University, Jokerton Massachusetts, though. So good work, thumbs up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I actually asked a data science goon if your blabbering about histograms was making a valid point.

The result If this Peer Reviews was way closer to the oliwan's opinion about you than to your own opinion about your abilities.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
what even is the difference between a randl and a randler

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Dang I agree with oliwan, wtf is happening

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Also gently caress what a burn by Cingulate, my effortposts from a year ago didn’t convince him at all, that will teach me to ever seriouspost in here again

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Realtalk: the post aside, :thermidor::fh: made me laugh a whole lot

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Cingulate posted:

I'm sure when I have 7 year olds walking to school, I'll be more concerned about safety and crime than when I was a young fit healthy single male.

when i was a 8-12 year old i was worried about safety and crime because things were completely fine in the times of DDR, and after the wall fell skinhead black leather nazi groups started hanging out at playgrounds and super markets to drink beer and beat up randos that they thought looked weird to them and i had to start walking with my keychain in my hand

nowadays i know this was a direct cause of a lack of proper education and economical support because now only ~capitalistically profitable~ jobs were valid

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 15, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Did you guys see this yet
https://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2019-06/joachim-gauck-nationalismus-toleranz

quote:

Joachim Gauck:Altbundespräsident wirbt für "erweiterte Toleranz in Richtung rechts"

Lol

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

:cripes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

is this even still dog whistling or is this dog yelling

quote:

Toleranz enthalte "das Gebot zur Intoleranz gegenüber Intoleranten, gleichgültig ob sich diese politisch links oder rechts verorten oder dem islamischen Fundamentalismus angehören".

quote:

Ein problematischer Weg sei es, dass die Wahl eines AfD-Abgeordneten zum Vizepräsidenten des Bundestages bisher blockiert wurde. Natürlich habe jeder Abgeordnete das Recht, zu wählen, wen er wolle. "Aber ich frage mich, ob es politisch nützlich ist, jeden Kandidaten der AfD abzulehnen."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

is this even still dog whistling or is this dog yelling

It's neither. It's a human being, in the light of day, saying stupid loving poo poo

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I totally forgot that Steinmeier was Bundespräsident.

Anyway an Ossi asking for more tolerance towards the right, Maus at 11:30

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
:(

Libluini posted:

Nothing about this has anything to do with political change. It doesn't even make sense -everyone has these problems, but everyone goes different ways when working on them.

What is even your argument here, that everyone not voting CDU hates children and loves crime???

If I'm really generous, all I'm reading here in this post of yours is more clichés and platitudes, with zero meaning. You do good work at slowly convincing me that you got your degree at Clown University, Jokerton Massachusetts, though. So good work, thumbs up!
My point is getting a degree at a good university is no guarantee for making good arguments ... A point I am very effectively making constantly :smug:

Randlr posted:

I actually asked a data science goon if your blabbering about histograms was making a valid point.

The result If this Peer Reviews was way closer to the oliwan's opinion about you than to your own opinion about your abilities.
The robustness of binning and truncation/censoring is not up for peer review. This is very easy to check: take random samples from a Gaussian, multiply the top value by arbitrary numbers. Then winsoirze the data and track which percentiles change. Then don't winsorize the data and repeat the exercise.
Me being poo poo at maths, I could, my similarly handicapped friend, spell this out in Python if it helps :v:

Wengy posted:

Also gently caress what a burn by Cingulate, my effortposts from a year ago didn’t convince him at all, that will teach me to ever seriouspost in here again
That wasn't intended as a burn. I acknowledge you made a good-faith argument for a respectable position. So did I. You believe something, I believe something, I remain unconvinced by your arguments and you remain unconvinced by mine.

Cingulate fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 15, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Yeah, just keep pretending that my issue was with the binning and not with all the steps prior to that. It only serves that you failed at getting that academic position or the one in 'murrica for good reason. (Also, probably the thing with having to keep the door open.)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

hey we're in the germany thread. you shouldn't be that sarcastic or we're gonna have to relabel it USA-cucked west germany thread

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

oliwan posted:

If well done, studying humanities breeds empathy, and that is exactly what we need more of.
Agreed. Even if I never finished my polsci or history degrees, I value what I got from those semesters, especially the non-history classes I took on cultural studies, philosophy, history of science, comparative religious studies and even intro to sociology. I'm still a computer toucher now, but certainly not a STEMlord thanks to all that.

oliwan posted:

Yeah again, cingulate is full of poo poo. Besides the research: Just looking at myself, I'm 36 now and I'm extremely more leftist and progressive than I have ever been. If I look around me, this is also true for my social circle. All my friends that are in their mid 30s have become much more radical and activist in their 30s than they were before.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Randlr posted:

It only serves that you failed at getting that academic position or the one in 'murrica for good reason. (Also, probably the thing with having to keep the door open.)
Sure - if I was smarter and/or more hard-working, I might have made Professor by now. (Not so much for my data skills, which are more than adequate for academia, but because I didn't do enough publishing and grant writing.)
I didn't understand the part about the door and America.

frankenfreak posted:

Agreed. Even if I never finished my polsci or history degrees, I value what I got from those semesters, especially the non-history classes I took on cultural studies, philosophy, history of science, comparative religious studies and even intro to sociology
I value my humanities background very much! But I strongly doubt it's made me, or anyone else really, a better person. They're valuable in themselves, not because they make us nicer, or more leftist.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cingulate posted:

Are you and your friends founding families and making careers?

How the gently caress is this even relevant? Are you trying to make the insane argument that conservatives have better policies for families and people with careers?

But to answer the question: some of my friends are broke artists, some of them have families, some have serious careers. All of them are more leftist and radical now that they are in their 30s.

quote:

I think I failed your test because I'm confused.

Jesus Christ yes, he's calling you a dipshit.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Cingulate I feel that you're basically back where you were when you left the Faden and it took you like literally 24 hours

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

He’s nothing if not consistent

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

oliwan posted:

How the gently caress is this even relevant? Are you trying to make the insane argument that conservatives have better policies for families and people with careers?

No, but the other part of "old people grow more conservative"* is "wait till you have a family/a house/(1), then you'll understand". Because if you have a family andor a house, you're likely to take less chances i.e. be more conservative.

* which is a serious misunderstanding of Conservative (on the middle-right side of the political spectrum) and conservative (less likely to change your mind / risk-averse).
(1) which is more likely above 30.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can't wait to have a house and kids so that I can finally understand that FYGM is the only true way

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

oliwan posted:

The idea is that you'll have to ~earn a living~ to ~feed a family~ and ~pay off your mortgage~ at that point, making it in your self interest to stop asking for handouts and start telling people why they shouldn't get handouts.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sounds like a bad idea for bad people, op.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The ones that benefit the most from a system are most invested in protecting it.

Honestly, young people should go on a strike as a group and declare that we are not going to feed boomers anymore until they allow for the environmental collapse to be averted and maybe get some concessions about not running the economy like a Ponzi scheme. I mean, what are they going to do? Stock the shelves at EDEKA themselves? Grow their own potatoes? I haven't thought this all the way through yet but I'm sure it's a great idea.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Opferwurst posted:

The ones that benefit the most from a system are most invested in protecting it.

Honestly, young people should go on a strike as a group and declare that we are not going to feed boomers anymore until they allow for the environmental collapse to be averted and maybe get some concessions about not running the economy like a Ponzi scheme. I mean, what are they going to do? Stock the shelves at EDEKA themselves? Grow their own potatoes? I haven't thought this all the way through yet but I'm sure it's a great idea.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Remember a week ago, when we didn't have to run every topic into the ground by writing pages and pages of bullshit that nobody cares about? Those were good times.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Woke up to a Zecke on my dick (not a joke about sleeping with leftists, unfortunately)

Burn down this entire Bundesland

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Was it still crawling around or already getting settled in?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It had buried itself p good. Then I hosed up the extraction and had to tear out a chunk of skin to get the head. Good times were had by all.

e: I'm really careful about ticks as a lifelong dirty southerner. I know when I picked up this loving thing because I only went off a path once yesterday, but I have no idea how, because I barely touched any grass at all. Teleporting dickseeking ticks

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jun 16, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

aphid_licker posted:

Woke up to a Zecke on my dick (not a joke about sleeping with leftists, unfortunately)

Burn down this entire Bundesland

so aphids are ok but arachnids are where you draw the line, huh

also, it's rather crass to boast about getting your dick sucked

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I did not provide informed consent. This is violence.

Someone putting their Rüssel in my Rüssel is technically docking imo :v:

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 16, 2019

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
It's Zeckenzeit everyone! I can count myelf 'lucky' in as far the little buggers always go for the same plce (the soft skin near the hip), even if it means that they have to climb for hours, Shadows of the Colossus-like.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Ok, so was it tip or shaft?

Edit: if it was docking I’m impressed that you managed to extract a tick from your Samenleiter.

Edit2: I’d play Dicktick of the Colossus

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

e: ^^^^ tip :whatup:

Zeckenzeit began .69 (nice) days earlier every year over the last iirc 20 years (unpublished manuscript)

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 16, 2019

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Global warming boosted ticks are going to kill all the unprepared northerners :pray:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Sereri posted:

Global warming boosted ticks are going to kill all the unprepared northerners :pray:
Pretend I shopped my d into this:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Why do you walk outside with your dick flapping out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Incoming hottakes...

https://twitter.com/HaraldStaun/status/1140131586979110912