Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Bought an M46 KR last night on a lark simply because if we've been taught anything, it's that whenever they :airquote: retire :airquote: a tank from in-game sale, it's potentially because they're planning on doing something to it to make it a $50 base premium shop-only tank down the line.

It's basically just a Pershing, so if you have the latter because you liked it you can sell it as the premium version is of course that much more flexible. It's not even OP or anything, the shouldn't be retiring it because it's actually a reasonably well-balanced vehicle, acceptable for a non-pref-MM tank.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Really enjoying the crewbooks on the latest patch. Got a couple wins in and it helped get me some to get SS on some critical tanks that needed it.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah - anyone know off-hand how much the 250k book you can buy for 2m silver skills up a crew from scratch? I've got my Progetto 46 all filled up with Christmas crew and since they're already 2-3 skills with their 3rd/4th acting like a first skill, 250k on top of that would be pretty disgusting.

Fun fact: Because WG is WG, you have to put the crew you want to skill up back into the tank they're certified for to actually use the skillbooks. It won't work when the crew is in a premium tank, it won't even work if the crew in the premium tank are all certed for the same tank.

EDIT: Google can be a wonderful thing sometimes, seems 250k is enough for two skills and a decent chunk of a third on a "zero-skill" crew: http://wio.ru/strat/wot-exp-eng.htm

There are some charts here, but I'm actually having trouble reading them. I think the first chart is the amount of XP to go up a single percentage point at each interval, and the second is the total cumulative XP at each percentile, but then if I'm reading that correctly it's about ~310k XP to get a crewman to 100% on the first skill, which seems like a lot? Crew skills are one of the more opaque things WG has come up with....

primelaw posted:

So uh I got an email from Wargaming stating if I play a game I get a free clownshoe

Well alrighty then

Don't do it, it's a trap! In all seriousness, that's a hell of a bait; how long had it been since you last played? And I love how they're now apparently trying to entice lapsed players by dangling a formerly off-limits preorder tank. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Atomizer posted:

In all seriousness, that's a hell of a bait; how long had it been since you last played?
Can't have been much more than ~6 months, the MKA there was only given away over the Christmas period :science:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I want a free clown shoes :smith:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Nothing in WoT is free.

You played the game again, you paid a price.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
I think it may have been close to a year since I last played a match? I logged in for the Christmas tank but I don't think I played then

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

I think it may have been close to a year since I last played a match? I logged in for the Christmas tank but I don't think I played then

The only way to win, is to not play.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I just sauced myself over the Command and Conquer IS-4 thing.

Also whatever happened to the AMX-30B in the medium tank rebalance. haven't seen it mentioned in months but they never sent anything out like they did with the russians saying that our countries population said we couldn't nerf our tanks.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 13, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I just sauced myself over the Command and Conquer IS-4 thing.

Also whatever happened to the AMX-30B in the medium tank rebalance. haven't seen it mentioned in months but they never sent anything out like they did with the russians saying that our countries population said we couldn't nerf our tanks.

AMX buffs are on the back burner...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Remove frontal gastank, remove giant cupola, improve all stats from AMX30. Done. Check please.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Remove frontal gastank, remove giant cupola, improve all stats from AMX30. Done. Check please.

In addition, give back the shell velocity and gun handling.

That loving sky scrapper on it's roof needs to go.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Keep the cupola and give me a jaunty top hat skin pls wargaming

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gorman Thomas posted:

Keep the cupola and give me a jaunty beret skin pls wargaming

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
And a Sixth Sense that shouts "Alors, battre en retraite!"

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gorman Thomas posted:

Keep the cupola and give me a jaunty top hat skin pls wargaming

Would

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hate this player base.

I will let you have one guess what on their team killed me. Trust me, it's not a hard choice.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

I hate this player base.

I will let you have one guess what on their team killed me. Trust me, it's not a hard choice.

the Type 59 is still great?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Had an enemy t-44-100 show absolutely no map awareness at all. Just right out into the open, oblivious to everything. Didn't even use a repair kit. So I looked them up.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1025359598-DeadToMe_kys/

I think you can see the problem.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

the Type 59 is still great?

It is still solid.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

JuffoWup posted:

Had an enemy t-44-100 show absolutely no map awareness at all. Just right out into the open, oblivious to everything. Didn't even use a repair kit. So I looked them up.

Driving around in T8 with 6 battles under the belt. He is going to have a bad time. :dunkedon:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Driving around in T8 with 6 battles under the belt. He is going to have a bad time. :dunkedon:

When I met him in battle, that was his 4th. This is how fresh this person is at the game.

Sadly, going right to t8 is both a bad idea and a good idea. Because the TTK at those first couple of tiers is absolutely terrible. Just a game of who spots and shoots who first.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

JuffoWup posted:

Sadly, going right to t8 is both a bad idea and a good idea. Because the TTK at those first couple of tiers is absolutely terrible. Just a game of who spots and shoots who first.

Im not one to say but at the same time I myself didnt jump stright into T8. I think it was after 1k battles is when I started opening my wallet.

But if he hates this game then he will learn the hard way that buying OP tanks =/= more wins.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

primelaw posted:

So uh I got an email from Wargaming stating if I play a game I get a free clownshoe

Well alrighty then

I got that, along with a 50 day rental of the Progetto and the Rhinemetal Scorpion. Guess its time to see a Mutant.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

JuffoWup posted:

It sucks when they're on your team but dudes like this keep the game F2P, thank you for your service

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

If I was determined to burn money, I mean buy virtual tanks, any input on SU-85l versus Schmalturm?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They're both tier 5 premiums. Neither are OP.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

McGavin posted:

They're both tier 5 premiums. Neither are OP.

The Pz. IV Schmalturm is a Tier VI.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The Pz. IV Schmalturm is a Tier VI.

That just shows how forgettable it is.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

That just shows how forgettable it is.

:iceburn:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Tried a couple games last night because I'm a goddamn idiot.
The Mutant: is ok I guess? Its a giant M6 with a T29 gun facing things that don't give a gently caress that it has good front armor. Also holy christ what an arty magnet.
Progetto: I really like this tank, the autoloading mechanic is interesting, it handles well, shoots well and is just fun to use. It feels like the Pershing used to be, but can actually do damage.
Rhm Skorpion: Its a fast Rhoomba that is a bit awkward to use, but loving dunks on people. I pushed too far ahead because I wanted to be done for the night, but its a quality tank.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Remove option is not clickable. Why.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

You can't remove rentals. :downsgun:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

McGavin posted:

You can't remove rentals. :downsgun:

Well, you can...*after* the rental period has ended.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I picked up the Conqueror and the VK 45.02b today. I have 2 tier 10s unlocked and only enough credits leftover for either the IS-4 or the T92HMC.

Playing the Obj. 252U against newbies in Chrysler Ks all day has been fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6wv5cAWcCs

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

MariusLecter posted:

YOU WILL PLAY YOUR TWENTY BATTLES.

2Jets posted:

I picked up the Conqueror and the VK 45.02b today. I have 2 tier 10s unlocked and only enough credits leftover for either the IS-4 or the T92HMC.

Playing the Obj. 252U against newbies in Chrysler Ks all day has been fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6wv5cAWcCs

lol i appreciate that you take the time to aim for the lower plate of the is-6, it goes far upper-right on the circle and straight through its upper plate

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 15, 2019

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I guess Frontline opens on monday and not the saturday again?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Any tips on the Jagdtiger? I seem to never be in a position to shoot anyone but always in position to get shot by them.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I got a 20% off coupon and am considering lighting my money on fire and throwing it out the window - are there specific tanks I should consider doing this with? For reference I love my Church 3 and my e25 and I hate my Excelsior.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I figured out my typical score distribution of WN8 per 10 games:
3000+

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I got a 20% off coupon and am considering lighting my money on fire and throwing it out the window - are there specific tanks I should consider doing this with? For reference I love my Church 3 and my e25 and I hate my Excelsior.

Excelsior is fantastic. Sorry you hate it :smith:

I got the 20% off too, not sure what to use it on...

M4 51 is currently keeping my WN8 afloat. Tank is so good. Shame the T10 is supposed to be mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Any tips on the Jagdtiger? I seem to never be in a position to shoot anyone but always in position to get shot by them.

I've been trying to play mine a bit since it's no longer the top tier and it's pretty painful. You need to get in a situation where nobody can shoot your sides. Then all the tier 10s will just pen you in the front. I find range and camo help a bit if a map offers them, but it's not as stealthy a td as a lot of them. I've tried to stick to defending streets on maps like Ruinberg and that works so-so until you get overwhelmed and surrounded due to your team falling apart behind you. I much prefer playing the T95 and leading the way to the enemy base deflecting shots which just doesn't work with the Jagdtiger. The T30 is pretty painful too but at least you can try to hide your squishy hull and rotate your super slow turret.

I'm a little annoyed at a lot of the tech tree changes but I know a lot of them were done 5+ years ago at this point, I just haven't played since then.