Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Rhonne posted:

I wish they had gone more into New Game+. I want to know if I can go back and do old quests to help level up my other jobs faster.

Can you warp straight to the final boss from the Aetheryte Plaza in New Game+ ? I want to see all the different endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rhonne posted:

I wish they had gone more into New Game+. I want to know if I can go back and do old quests to help level up my other jobs faster.

No, they specifically said it wouldn't give experience when it was announced.

Leofish posted:

Can you warp straight to the final boss from the Aetheryte Plaza in New Game+ ? I want to see all the different endings.

Seems like no based on some interview they gave yesterday.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sorry, different endings?

I haven't followed any SB news besides the class/races.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I plan on coming back for shadowbringers, is there anything I should make sure to do before it hits?

Part of what caused me to quit was finally finishing the main story and realizing that i would have to do a ton of crafting grinding to ever make any money, have they don't anything to help with that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I plan on coming back for shadowbringers, is there anything I should make sure to do before it hits?

Part of what caused me to quit was finally finishing the main story and realizing that i would have to do a ton of crafting grinding to ever make any money, have they don't anything to help with that?

How far along are you? You probably want to finish the MSQ at minimum.

In terms of money: Crafting is the easiest way to do it solo but Maps and Eureka both are good sources of money. Eureka is more dependable but requires doing loving Eureka while Maps need 2-3 people to do reliably and a fully party of 8 to do super quickly and are heavily tied to RNG.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

What do you need money for is the real question? Unless you're planning on buying a house (I think availability is a larger concern than price atm?) I don't see a pressing need to earn lots of gil; I craft but I've never tried to earn gil past 20 million or so because I don't really want anything that I can purchase with gil.

But if you do need gil and don't have crafting classes leveled, maps and retainer ventures are available to combat and/or gathering classes and provide steady income.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't make any money crafting or gathering and I still easily spent 10 mil doing a stupid housing shuffle during the latest demolishment. Max level retainers and maps keep me more or less money positive, and they come with occasional windfalls.

My list of things to finish would be:
Finish the MSQ.
Gear up primary jobs half decently.
Finish any side content that will be less relevant come ShB.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I'll add -

-Cap Poetics for Scaevan Gear post-launch

-If DoL/DoH, cap Scrips for Folklore/Master tomes, buy/make Cordials

-Stock up on Ventures to level retainers and gather crafting mats (they'll sell even if you don't use them directly)

-Buy/make some cheap food for a little extra XP

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1139918359296905216?s=19

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah i'm max level and whm/drg are decently geared. I'll cap poetics and get some ventures then, none of my crafting is even to the level of getting scrips.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well clearly this just shows that Yoshi P is DISRESPECTFUL to his longest-term fans and should be removed from the project right away so that we can go back to the clearly superior 1.0 style.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Well clearly this just shows that Yoshi P is DISRESPECTFUL to his longest-term fans and should be removed from the project right away so that we can go back to the clearly superior 1.0 style.

there are people who legitimately feel this way and want 1.0 back

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Sorry, different endings?

I haven't followed any SB news besides the class/races.
(I think it's just a joke on Chrono Trigger's New Game+)

isk
Oct 3, 2007

:thatsrad:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Hogama posted:

(I think it's just a joke on Chrono Trigger's New Game+)
See I thought it might be that but with how crazy FFXIV can be I couldn't be sure.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Why yes, I would in fact like a time travel expansion with a Chrono Trigger raid, thank you very much.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I should have just said Lavos but yeah, I was making a Chrono Trigger joke.

Veib posted:

Why yes, I would in fact like a time travel expansion with a Chrono Trigger raid, thank you very much.

Someone get Toriyama on the phone.

Epoch will be a three-seater mount.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 15, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Going to shove Cid into the right telepod when nobody's looking. Let's his smug goatee'd rear end deus ex machina his way out of that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Veib posted:

Ivalice-style raid series. Magus' Castle, Kingdom of Zeal (or Tyrano Lair), Black Omen.

Magus' Castle: Yakra, Ozzie/Flea/Slash, Magus

Zeal: Dalton, Golem, Giga Gaia

(Tyrano Lair: Nizbel, an Azala solo fight? I know there's not one in CT, Black Tyrano)

Black Omen bosses would be Mammon Machine, Queen Zeal, Lavos. Maybe the Mutants as minibosses?

Yakra doesn't appear in Magus' Castle originally but he's a pretty iconic boss. You could also do four fights instead of three and do Slash, Flea, Ozzie/Flea/Slash, Magus. But you have to end it on Magus.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ivalice-style raid series. Magus' Castle, Kingdom of Zeal (or Tyrano Lair), Black Omen.

Magus' Castle: Yakra, Ozzie/Flea/Slash, Magus

Zeal: Dalton, Golem, Giga Gaia

(Tyrano Lair: Nizbel, an Azala solo fight? I know there's not one in CT, Black Tyrano)

Black Omen bosses would be Mammon Machine, Queen Zeal, Lavos. Maybe the Mutants as minibosses?

Yakra doesn't appear in Magus' Castle originally but he's a pretty iconic boss. You could also do four fights instead of three and do Slash, Flea, Ozzie/Flea/Slash, Magus. But you have to end it on Magus.

Make Lavos itself the final raid. First boss is the head, then you go inside the body and fight the other bosses.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

honestly, if they're gonna do more reference fights, I hope they integrated into the story more instead of omega just whipping up rando bosses from nowhere

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Vitamean posted:

honestly, if they're gonna do more reference fights, I hope they integrated into the story more instead of omega just whipping up rando bosses from nowhere

How about lavos whipping up Chrono trigger bosses out of nowhere?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Kurieg posted:

How about lavos whipping up Chrono trigger bosses out of nowhere?

nah

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Omega as a raid series was def just a pile of fanservice, for sure. Maybe they just wanted to blow through a bunch of old characters that they didn't want to try and work into the MSQ or New Era quests. Omega itself was still part of the story of Stormblood, though.

If they were to somehow do a throwback raid series based on Chrono Trigger, I do think making it a set of 24-player raids would be more appropriate than 8-player boss fights. Give it a place in the world, somehow. Maybe Lavos is just a giant voidsent instead of an alien parasite? Zeal could be another Allagan. The Mammon Machine is definitely up their alley.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ivalice and Crystal tower are good ways to do throwbacks. I hope eden is more of that and less of Omega

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Yoshi P already laughing when he heard 1.0 is amazing.

Also we already had a time travel raid, it was Alexander *touches scar*

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well he probably knew what the guy was asking, given he speaks decent conversational English. :v:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Ivalice and Crystal tower are good ways to do throwbacks. I hope eden is more of that and less of Omega

yea

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Leofish posted:

Omega as a raid series was def just a pile of fanservice, for sure. Maybe they just wanted to blow through a bunch of old characters that they didn't want to try and work into the MSQ or New Era quests. Omega itself was still part of the story of Stormblood, though.

If they were to somehow do a throwback raid series based on Chrono Trigger, I do think making it a set of 24-player raids would be more appropriate than 8-player boss fights. Give it a place in the world, somehow. Maybe Lavos is just a giant voidsent instead of an alien parasite? Zeal could be another Allagan. The Mammon Machine is definitely up their alley.

Omega was totally just a filler tournament arc to buy time. However like, I do think the last wing managed to have a good enough story to salvage it and actually make me care about it as it said farewell.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Eimi posted:

Omega was totally just a filler tournament arc to buy time. However like, I do think the last wing managed to have a good enough story to salvage it and actually make me care about it as it said farewell.

Agreed, the ending was quite touching.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Alpha and OMG out in the wild lately. Are they still around?

CuddlyZombie posted:

They haven't addressed much about it, but their line that progressing in the raid is necessary to revive the dead, burned-out land makes me hopeful it will be much more story-driven. The fact that they said they couldn't show much without spoiling anything is, I hope, a good sign toward that end.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I always see them in Outer La Noscea near the Maelstrom camp.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

Agreed, the ending was quite touching.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Alpha and OMG out in the wild lately. Are they still around?

Pretty sure they are, but unless you spend a lot of time roaming around in the wilderness (which not a lot of people at level cap do unless you're running hunts for some reason) you aren't going to see them much.

Actually they'd show up while you're doing other jobs won't they. I just don't see them because I have maxed everything out already. :(

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

I always see them in Outer La Noscea near the Maelstrom camp.

Last place I saw them was in the kitchen above Rowena's place in Revenant's Toll but that was awhile ago.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Leofish posted:

Yep, caught 'em a week ago in W Than while mining Iron Ore

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I saw them coming out of Copperbell a few weeks ago and last week I saw them chilling in Ok'Zundu with some cloudfishing Vanu.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't actually enjoy the raids, but in terms of area design, visuals, pacing, and story justification, Ivalice is the model of how to go forward with that stuff.

P.S. Here is a character name someone could have: Midgar Evers.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I've already staked a claim on Rory Eulmore.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

CuddlyZombie posted:

I’m speculating that the First is also a possible timeline for where Ultimecia originated from, cause that’d be a super neat way to callback while expanding on stuff that was only hinted back in FFVIII. Y’Shtola’s even a witch here!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Omega was good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
There's a real huge timeline to Eorzea's past they can fill in for future raids, and a chrono trigger raid going spelunking into that would be pretty cool. I also wouldn't mind something to help flesh out the areas in Othard we only really touched on or barely visited, like the rest of Hingashi or Nagxia. It'll be neat if they manage to keep those story relevant behind briefly mentioning them whenever Doma is doing something.

I'm still really interested how they're gonna tie the Nier raid into the narrative.

Omega was fine for what it was but I can't deny that Crystal Tower and Ivalice managed to make the lore for them way more interesting when they weave it into the setting.