Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

How does he think this is going to work? “Oh, just got laid off, looking for a job...I know, I’ll see if this obscure Twitter shill knows who’s hiring!”

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Ignoring the weird fan\gamer always recruiting for CI, not G, it appears they're unable to fill any positions unless they're still hiring 100+ people every month.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

How does he think this is going to work? “Oh, just got laid off, looking for a job...I know, I’ll see if this obscure Twitter shill knows who’s hiring!”

He says it, it's hope-based tweeting.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Especially when you are paying cash! People in game should learn just how hard it is to earn it in game! drat lazy, want everything now losers!

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Agony Aunt posted:

I've given up trying to reason with Tojal.... all he does is yell troll every time i post something.

He's now on my block list.

Its probably for the best, now he can yell troll to his satisfaction every time i post something and i won't even know about it.

Unless of course you fucktards post his replies here just to annoy me.

There is no reasoning with that "half-truth" shill. I've noticed from the many times you have tried having civil discourse he doesn't seem to comprehend any form of civility and turns to insta-attack-the-troll-fudster.

You're likely able to have a better conversation with every other fan of Star Citizen, but tojal is nothing but a troll himself who we have determined finds bears sexy. I'm proud of him for admitting that much at the very least.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

This is the only roadmap you need. Simple and easy to read! And you even have an official presentation about it!

3.0 was supposed to be out by the end of 2016 with them needing "two to three months between releases" for the next ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asF3PVMQ2JQ

Things are looking great!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

trucutru posted:

This is the only roadmap you need. Simple and easy to read! And you even have an official presentation about it!

3.0 was supposed to be out by the end of 2016 with them needing "two to three months between releases" for the next ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asF3PVMQ2JQ

How will Citizens understand it, though?
No weird fonts.
No pointless colour coding.
No little icons.
The whole things needs refactoring.
Add this to the list.

It has red lines through stuff and we don't know if it has been omitted or finished.
It's perfect for goons.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Honestly if you’re trying to “reason” or “debate” with the hardcore fans at this point you might as well be punching yourself in the dick, because the result is gonna be the same.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sarsapariller posted:

You know they're getting close to patch time because all the poo poo is getting cut now.

Also- all of the AI tasks have now been cut from this patch, :lol:

Poor 3.6 has been shredded :laffo:

:tif:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

And I mean yeah I recognize that there’s some irony in me saying that, but seriously the only reason to interact with guys like tojal or vertisce or whoever the other ones are is to clown on them.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Quavers posted:

loving hell, someone post that in reddit

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Beet Wagon posted:

And I mean yeah I recognize that there’s some irony in me saying that, but seriously the only reason to interact with guys like tojal or vertisce or whoever the other ones are is to clown on them.

I don't bother with either of them anymore myself. You could come out and say Chris made the right decision about something and they would still act like idiots. Like punching yourself in the dick is a pretty good way to put it.
What I've noticed lately is the only ones left are the die-hard shills since the beginning. Tom, for example, was fun until it was quickly realized he's not well and it becomes less funny.

At this point, it's a fun ride to tag along within the shadows.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Quavers posted:

Let's see 2 weeks left to the quarter. Close to "60%" after the brutal pruning. Not close to being delivered to Avocados. I'm saying mid to late July for Avocado delivery unless an even more brutal pruning occurs.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

rePool posted:

I don't bother with either of them anymore myself. You could come out and say Chris made the right decision about something and they would still act like idiots. Like punching yourself in the dick is a pretty good way to put it.
What I've noticed lately is the only ones left are the die-hard shills since the beginning. Tom, for example, was fun until it was quickly realized he's not well and it becomes less funny.

At this point, it's a fun ride to tag along within the shadows.

The backers are irrelevant and always have been - they will become funny on the day that Star Citizen's collapse is official and what passes for their "servers" shut down for good. Until that day, there is an infinite number of unprecedented fuckups in the project's so-called "development" to keep people satiated.

This thread has been incredible at examining these infinite angles of stupidity, but I'm sure there are some we haven't covered, or heard of, yet.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MedicineHut posted:

No point really. They will just say these things happen in development and they appreciate how CR is taking him time to get tier 0 stuff right.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rePool posted:

There is no reasoning with that "half-truth" shill. I've noticed from the many times you have tried having civil discourse he doesn't seem to comprehend any form of civility and turns to insta-attack-the-troll-fudster.

You're likely able to have a better conversation with every other fan of Star Citizen, but tojal is nothing but a troll himself who we have determined finds bears sexy. I'm proud of him for admitting that much at the very least.

Hence the block. I gave it a fair shot, but yeah, as Beet says, i might as well punch myself in the balls.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MedicineHut posted:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:classiclol:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I thought this was supposed to be the Jesus patch?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

No that’s upcoming patch +1

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

monkeytek posted:

Let's see 2 weeks left to the quarter. Close to "60%" after the brutal pruning. Not close to being delivered to Avocados. I'm saying mid to late July for Avocado delivery unless an even more brutal pruning occurs.

Nah it'll leap up to 100% in the last week of this month and they'll poo poo it out regardless of functional state. Most of the features won't be in and they'll promise them in a 3.6.1 patch, which will come out some time near the end of Q3.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

Nah it'll leap up to 100% in the last week of this month and they'll poo poo it out regardless of functional state. Most of the features won't be in and they'll promise them in a 3.6.1 patch, which will come out some time near the end of Q3.

And then for about a week Citizens do their annual verbal victory lap. Utterly ignoring every delayed feature, while extolling the virtue of a Big Benny's machine, or whatever texture CIG actually shoved in there.

And so the seasons turn.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

I bet it can turn water I to whine so ima go with it

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Is CitizenCon the only CI event scheduled for this year? Have they announced time/location and cost to stream it yet? I seem to remember last years being a big gently caress up where they charged to watch the stream, and they had it in Austin during some sort of big music show, making it prohibitively expensive to attend? And they only sold like half the seats?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Man, they've extended "when it's done" to "hopefully no later than 2030."

Eleven years.

And these are THE FANS.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Since I made this post in January the SC cultists on the wikipedia page have drawn a hard line and refuse to allow it to be included in the list of "Most Expensive Video Games to Develop" on wikipedia anymore.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that, adjusted for inflation and with the loan added Star Citizen sits around #2 going straight for #1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

Based on the talk page it sounds like they are going with the Schrodinger's game defense.
quote:

This is not List of highest funded crowdfunding projects, which does list Star Citizen. It is the list of most expensive to develop, which we lack any sourcing on in regards to budget. -- ferret (talk) 22:18, 21 June 2018 (UTC)

quote:

To add to this again: The issue isn't that it's still in development. The issue is that we have no sourcing that discusses a "development budget" or "marketing budget", either one. Crowdfunding amounts are not the same as development budgets. -- ferret (talk) 15:10, 22 June 2018 (UTC)

That contradicts the funding tracker page's (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals) remark here:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Honestly if you’re trying to “reason” or “debate” with the hardcore fans at this point you might as well be punching yourself in the dick, because the result is gonna be the same.

Nah, punching yourself in the dick actually feels somewhat good.

Don't kinkshame!

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Quavers posted:

Hey everynoe it's not that bad, none of the ships have been cancelled. :sadpeanut:

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 15, 2019

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Is CitizenCon the only CI event scheduled for this year? Have they announced time/location and cost to stream it yet? I seem to remember last years being a big gently caress up where they charged to watch the stream, and they had it in Austin during some sort of big music show, making it prohibitively expensive to attend? And they only sold like half the seats?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
What big budget games don’t work with Nvidia nowadays?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

And Microsoft poured money into Digital Anvil for Freelancer, to which now looking back, the Microsoft lead said could only be looked at as a failure. (The investment was, game was ok, loved by some)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Exactly what will happen, and what has already happened. CIG has not just blurred the line between doing a thing and saying you'll do a thing, they've actually changed the concepts to be synonymous.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Bofast posted:

Maybe ask if there will be the option to make your own radio station (by putting MP3 files into a specific folder, or something)?
The answer is yes! PC only, he doesn’t know how to do that on the PS4 or Switch.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Quavers posted:

Gameplay: [three-quarters removed]

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beexoffel posted:

Gameplay: [three-quarters removed]

0*.25=0

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

You are right.
Vague allusions to gameplay: [three-quarters of unfinished designs removed]

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

$250 million * Chris Roberts = ?

Adbot