Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

I can’t believe Paul is loving dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

thats too spooky for a friday and also trying to decode depth behind a story thats a low grade childrens' book is silly cause it just exists to add extra dimension to enjoyable baseline mechanics

fart

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

trying to decode depth behind a story thats a low grade childrens' book is silly

TOO BAD

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I was mostly curious if they might have inverted a song from another game to make it sound eerie, just as a musical callback.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

via Reddit

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kassad posted:

I was mostly curious if they might have inverted a song from another game to make it sound eerie, just as a musical callback.

It's the Game Over tune from the original NES Legend of Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IlKt9ZqOQ4

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
^^^ Ah.

The entrance to the Dark World is where??!!

A Link Between Worlds but the dimensional portals are in toilets. A bold choice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bulgakov posted:

thats too spooky for a friday and also trying to decode depth behind a story thats a low grade childrens' book is silly cause it just exists to add extra dimension to enjoyable baseline mechanics

fart

don’t sign your posts!!

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I better be able to transfer over my Boyshorts of the Wild from the first game

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to ride a guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3GyVeQgLUw&t=1119s

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
hey what the gently caress

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

:eyepop:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

What :stare:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hot drat I just started watching that video from the start and it is doing a nice job of explaining the basics of this

check it out if you liked that time stamped moment imo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Hell, same.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So I was bored, and having played this game just this past February I was curious to see what people's initial reaction to Trials of the Sword was like. Personally I loved it since it required certain creativity and most often than not I ended up screwing and alerting the whole map to my presence and going into "oh poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo" panic mode.

Anywho amongst the comments upon Trials initial release I found this:

Spergatory posted:

Tip for final trials:grab the rusty weapons at the beginning. you can throw them into the mouth of an octorok later to get better weapons. I got a Royal Claymore out of the deal.

:eyepop:

...holy poo poo. I had to go grab my Switch and try this immediately. what even is this game.

Also it was fun seeing people watch their Hero's path and go "uuuh I never explored that little corner over there". I had Hero's Path from the beginning and always consulted where I've been, and now I kinda regret abusing it cause it took away from the exploration. Here is how my normal mode map looked after finishing the game:

I'm tempted to restart the game and turn the UI off.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm tempted to restart the game and turn the UI off.
do it on master mode, coward :colbert:

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Lol remember when they teased this game with, "You can climb those mountains!"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blaziken386 posted:

do it on master mode, coward :colbert:

Ah but I'm so proud of my Master Mode file :(

Not so much of my Normal Mode file. That last death over there on the map was while doing the Ballad of the Champion quest. I was running away from a Bokoblin and didn't see I was running into a spiky barricade

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's only the very end where everything he just worked towards is taken from him and he loses his mind. Prior to that he's not the typical Ganondorf that just wants to enslave the gently caress out of the world and rule over it. Isn't his whole mission just to bring Hyrule back from being under the waves?

No he plans to enslave the world and rule the gently caress out of it. His wish is to bring Hyrule back to the surface and make it his. And he still tries to kill Link several times.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's only the very end where everything he just worked towards is taken from him and he loses his mind. Prior to that he's not the typical Ganondorf that just wants to enslave the gently caress out of the world and rule over it. Isn't his whole mission just to bring Hyrule back from being under the waves?

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he plans to enslave the world and rule the gently caress out of it. His wish is to bring Hyrule back to the surface and make it his. And he still tries to kill Link several times.

obligatory https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Ah but I'm so proud of my Master Mode file :(

Not so much of my Normal Mode file. That last death over there on the map was while doing the Ballad of the Champion quest. I was running away from a Bokoblin and didn't see I was running into a spiky barricade
you don't have to reset anything if you make a second profile on the switch :ssh:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blaziken386 posted:

you don't have to reset anything if you make a second profile on the switch :ssh:

oh, duh. didn't think of tha. thanks my man

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

lezard_valeth posted:

So I was bored, and having played this game just this past February I was curious to see what people's initial reaction to Trials of the Sword was like. Personally I loved it since it required certain creativity and most often than not I ended up screwing and alerting the whole map to my presence and going into "oh poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo" panic mode.

i knew about that octorok type and rusty weapons so i collected the rusty stuff thinking they may have that in the trial. Once I found him i fed him everything I had and he mostly shot it all into the lava and what i recovered was mostly travelers level :(

i died at the fire talus once and after that ran through the whole trial with no issues. i tried to hoard the ancient arrows and ended up using the very last one on the last lynel.

that last level would be a real ball buster without at least one ancient arrow.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pop Team Zelda

https://twitter.com/bkub_comic/status/1139889271857225728?s=21

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Apologies if this was already posted and I missed it, but here is some more BotW2 reversed audio fun:

https://twitter.com/entrancejew/status/1138784740113354758?s=21

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ballz posted:

Apologies if this was already posted and I missed it, but here is some more BotW2 reversed audio fun:

https://twitter.com/entrancejew/status/1138784740113354758?s=21

I don't hear it

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
It’s totally the same, if like half the notes are different I guess?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Molybdenum posted:

i knew about that octorok type and rusty weapons so i collected the rusty stuff thinking they may have that in the trial. Once I found him i fed him everything I had and he mostly shot it all into the lava and what i recovered was mostly travelers level :(

Yeah, when I finally completed the Final Trials earlier this month, I was never hurting for weapons once things got going. If anything, I was carrying too many rusted weapons when the trial completed.

As mentioned upthread, it works with Rusty Shields too, but most of the shields produced are flammable, so at the Trial's Rock Octorok, if you don't catch them on the first bounce, you'll probably lose them, and I couldn't afford to waste shields.

No idea how a wooden shield rusts, though.

The slight thing that annoys me about having completed the Trial of the Sword: I can't use the Master Sword as a Guardian Detector any more.

The trials were a nifty place for a good Master Sword compendium picture, if you don't want one with Link in the image.

I've always wondered what happens if you jump off the stairs into the bottomless pit in the completion room.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
You just lose a heart and respawn back on the platform.

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know who drew this?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

a reverse image search of that unsettlingness brought back https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6oqvrd/i_made_a_tribute_picture_of_mipha/

but ive of course got no clue if that's the true author etc nor if it helps. I dont understand reddit :corsair:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

MonsterEnvy posted:

He flat out demands that the Triforce give Hyrule to him. He’s more thoughtful now, maybe a little tired of it all, but he’s still the same villain as ever.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

fyi after doing a search to help you find that image I clicked once in the wrong direction and saw some horny fanimation i won't soon forget. beware. :o:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

the weird thing about the master sword trial is that the first trial is a pain in the rear end (especially the last level with enemies that'll one shot you) but the middle and ending trials are super easy. feels like it should be the other way around?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the first trial has a water level with lizalfos enemies in it, making it infinitely worse than every other level

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The first trial's level 10 floor is hell. On my normal mode run I had to retry that one a couple times and eventually won by abusing the Electric Rod you get on a previous floor to stun lock one of the Black Lizalfos and then bullet time the other one dead. Then I watched a guide on how other people dealt with that level by either abusing Sneak Strike chain or dropping a campfire on one of them, and it was a breeze in Master Mode. The level with the raft I've heard people had a lot of trouble but I just used bombs to knock the Bokoblins into the water and then knocked the Moblin into the water too with the Iron Sledgehammer.

Middle level were fine, but on the Final Trials in Master Mode I wasted 2 arrows on the 1st Flying Guardian so by the time I arrived at the last Lynel I only had 1 Ancient Arrow left, I took aim and....missed the shot...

I took down one of the Bokoblins, got on the horse, did a huge lap around the arena till I could get behind the Ancient Turret, killed it and then had to fight the Lynel normally. It was intense af and I had to use all my Hearty food cause the Lynel didn't lose aggro while I was killing the Turret and he kept doing that shoot into the sky thing to volley me.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 15, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

honestly my favorite part of the final trials is that they put in a bunch of normal sized Guardians, not the little ones that wander around the shrines.

Y'know, the enemies who are big and scary and probably chased you down and killed you at the beginning of the game... but became loot piñatas the minute you learned the appropriate time to shield parry

e: except on master mode, where the laser timing is much more variable because gently caress you

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Blaziken386 posted:

e: except on master mode, where the laser timing is much more variable because gently caress you

Genuinely one of the best Master Mode changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Zoran posted:

Genuinely one of the best Master Mode changes
it's really good, because master mode is ultimately supposed to punch you in the dick, but I can't help but go "oh gently caress you" every time it happens