Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So each class is only getting like one new quest for ShB? Or did I hear wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
one level 80 job quest, all others are every few levels by role, playing as the WoD for the role for that class. one set is mandatory, others optional.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
We don't know how involved the level eighty quests will be. I'm sure we're losing some Fidelity but I imagine they'll be at least more complex than most level seventy quests, considering those were all "hey, we've tracked down the villain you've been dogging for ten levels".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My guess the Nier tie-in will happen via Crystal Tower fuckery.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Will Dancer and Gunbreaker only have their intro quest and level 80 one then?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Rhonne posted:

Will Dancer and Gunbreaker only have their intro quest and level 80 one then?

No they still will have regular job quests from 60-70.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 15, 2019

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I assume that since this expansion is going to take place on a parallel world the Nier raid will be on another. I don't know if they're going to 'burn' one of the thirteen shards on making it a Nier-like world or if they're going to send us to an entirely different universe for it.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Allarion posted:

No they still will have regular job quests from 70 to 80.

My understanding was they got 60-70 quests but then folded into the role quests?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Ah whoops, I meant 60-70

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
my fervent hope is that every level 80 job quest is the previous trainers going "you learned to do whaaat"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Impermanent posted:

my fervent hope is that every level 80 job quest is the previous trainers going "you learned to do whaaat"

That would be really crazy for SAM since we killed our trainer already.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rhonne posted:

That would be really crazy for SAM since we killed our trainer already.

Time to kill him in the first shard

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I don't want another raid story like the Ivalice stuff because holy poo poo it was so long and none of it meant anything unless you played the tactics games. That questline is the only time I have ever skipped cutscenes, cause I just wanted to unlock the raids.

I did just finish the Crystal Tower storyline though, and it was good. So more like that, less like Ivalice.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

FFXI had a "time travel to the past" expansion so I don't see why FFXIV couldn't.

That said they've already stated the plans to 'finish' the current story have 4 years to go so presumably the 6.0 expansion will be the culmination of the Hydaelyn/Zodiark/Ascian plotline and after that it's a whole new world.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ivalice-style raid series. Magus' Castle, Kingdom of Zeal (or Tyrano Lair), Black Omen.

Yakra doesn't appear in Magus' Castle originally but he's a pretty iconic boss.
The beauty of porting things in is that you don't have to follow the structure as they're presented, but can do things in a different logical manner.
Ergo:

Fiendlord's Keep: Yakra XIVth (:v:) or Heckran, Miniboss Flea, Miniboss Slash, Ozzie/Flea/Slash, Magus

Zeal/Black Omen: Giga Gaia, Golems/Dalton, Queen Zeal.
You can condense Zeal and the Black Omen to streamline their themes, since really not much happens boss-wise in Zeal.

Tyrano Lair is a cool place but it's hard to get three distinct bosses out of it and both Magus's Castle and Zeal are cooler. It'd have to be something like Nizbel, Azala, Azala & Tyrano's.

Final raid being just Lavos would be a neat take that FFXIV hasn't done yet. So much so that I kind of want that more than a Giant of Babel style raid (which would be like Alexander in execution.)

Kerrzhe posted:

I don't want another raid story like the Ivalice stuff because holy poo poo it was so long and none of it meant anything unless you played the tactics games. That questline is the only time I have ever skipped cutscenes, cause I just wanted to unlock the raids.

Don't forget the stuff from Twelve in there. Or the whole 'hey the Dalmascan Resistance is another ally like the Domans and they're looking for an Alliance with Doma' bit that happened at the end.
Or that Orbonne is pretty much three bosses do Ysayle's thing rather casually and ghostily :v:

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Actually, if we go by 2 years per expansion, we have this, then 2 years later we could deal with garlemald, and then 2 years after that we could finish up the ascians.

Just a note that when yoshi was asking for guesses as to the yet unnamed shadowbringers takes place quite a ways back, someone shouted "the moon" and he chuckled and said "maybe in 7.0"

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

Gonna be a hard disagree from me. As someone whos never gotten very far in either FFT or 12, I thought they were still able to weave the raid references into the world that it didn't clash too hard for me. Only the very ending cutscene with that new judge in the lighthouse felt out of place to me.

I'm hopeful that they keep that same world integration for Eden, cause even if I didn't like how they handled Omega fights I still played through FF5 and 6 enough to appreciate them. No one's played FF8 though.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

Ivalice and Crystal tower are good ways to do throwbacks. I hope eden is more of that and less of Omega

The Omega story was no more fanservice than Ivalice and the Omega story was more enjoyable

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Speaking of FFV, the Four Job Fiesta officially begins this coming week.

The Run starts tomorrow morning.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/therun.php

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if there are any jobs that don't exist in the First. Like, do they have any machinist? Do they even know what a gun is?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the first has Silversmiths instead of Goldsmiths

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

The Omega story was no more fanservice than Ivalice and the Omega story was more enjoyable

actually, the other thing was more objectively enjoyable, and, furthermore,

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if there are any jobs that don't exist in the First. Like, do they have any machinist? Do they even know what a gun is?

they're about to learn :getin:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

No no. Even better.

Do they have Triple Triad... or are we going to introduce it to them?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
The Ivalice writing is actually, unironically the worst writing in this game. I would replay 2.0 and do those drat sylphs, the hell banquet, and the garuda crystal jerk around a dozen times before i have to put up with the Ivalice thing just one more time. I hated everyone and everything related to it except for the unnamed npcs hanging around who had some good side dialog.

And the gear wasn't very good looking either, which is the real crime. But the fights were all really fun so at least it has that going for it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

you're gonna need to be able to buy guns and find them in dungeons so by necessity yeah

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

SonicRulez posted:

Just in case anyone is interested in commissions of their character, there's an artist on Twitter who is giving me life. @Dokinana is their handle.

For all who are as frivolous with their spending as I am.

Just throwing in my sketch from the same artist. She's good! :toot:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

No no. Even better.

Do they have Triple Triad... or are we going to introduce it to them?
The First has Tetra Master and Pai Gow.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rhonne posted:

They know what a gunblade is.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Leal posted:

They know what a gunblade is.

"So you use a gunblade...without the blade? How do you even stab anyone with that?" :confused:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hogama posted:

Tetra Master?!

The Light can have it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hogama posted:

why are we even bothering to save it then

I see this joke has already been made but :justpost:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Thinking of doing some FFXIV screen printing. What should I make?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

as someone who never played fft or ff 12 i thought the raids were fine in a vacuum but ho boy did it send the fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy like nothing before it

"guys what if EE-VA-LEECE IS REAL"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The only thing I outright hate about the Ivalice series is that they never found a way to slot in the FF12 Esper battle theme.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

UHD posted:

as someone who never played fft or ff 12 i thought the raids were fine in a vacuum but ho boy did it send the fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy like nothing before it

Lol, wait for the Nier fanboys then because they're much worse.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Failboattootoot posted:

I would replay 2.0 and do those drat sylphs, the hell banquet, and the garuda crystal jerk around a dozen times before i have to put up with the Ivalice thing just one more time.

But would you do the 60 quest doldrums of the 100 quest demarcation between ARR and HW? That's the real metric here.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

UHD posted:

Valeria being real would have been cooler anyways. :colbert:

GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event
Bit of a specific technical question about buying the expansions.

"FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD, which will be provided at release on July 2, 2019"

If I buy Shadowbringers now would the first two expansions be added to my account immediately or would I not get them until July 2nd? In our modern age I would assume I get them right away but square's online services seem a bit antiquated and the wording of that line makes it sound like they make you wait.

It probably doesn't matter since I have the free heavensward code anyway and July 2nd isn't that far way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GCValentine posted:

Bit of a specific technical question about buying the expansions.

"FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD, which will be provided at release on July 2, 2019"

If I buy Shadowbringers now would the first two expansions be added to my account immediately or would I not get them until July 2nd? In our modern age I would assume I get them right away but square's online services seem a bit antiquated and the wording of that line makes it sound like they make you wait.

It probably doesn't matter since I have the free heavensward code anyway and July 2nd isn't that far way.

You wouldn't get it until launch. Probably the 28th if you get early access