Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

ImpAtom posted:

Now I want there to be a boss in the new expansion who is like the Bardam second boss but you have to solve FFXIV plot trivia questions to defeat.

I want people to have to pass a dps check on a dummy before they're allowed to queue for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
How do you know if someone is cutscene skipper?

Don't worry, they'll loudly and obnoxiously proclaim it every chance they get.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Now I want there to be a boss in the new expansion who is like the Bardam second boss but you have to solve FFXIV plot trivia questions to defeat.

Super Mario RPG had something like this and it owns, plz SE

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

How do you know if someone is cutscene skipper?

Don't worry, they'll loudly and obnoxiously proclaim it every chance they get.

I dunno if that's true. I've never met another cutscene skipper honestly, everybody who plays this game's a larper for sure. But my point anyway was that even I would grind through ng+ if the reward was decent.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Story is it's own reward

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Krabboss posted:

I dunno if that's true. I've never met another cutscene skipper honestly, everybody who plays this game's a larper for sure. But my point anyway was that even I would grind through ng+ if the reward was decent.

You probably loving hate books. They don't give you anything for reading them!

What's the point of watching TV shows? It's not like I am given a piece of candy for every episode I finish!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Krabboss posted:

I want people to have to pass a dps check on a dummy before they're allowed to queue for anything.

post ur parses

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Krabboss posted:

dont worry ive perfected the ice mage rotation

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

What's the point of watching TV shows? It's not like I am given a piece of candy for every episode I finish!

not the same thing lmao

I don't even agree with cutscene skippers but jesus christ

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Krabboss posted:

People shouldn't have to duel you just to join a queue.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Mordiceius posted:

uhhhhhhh

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

Thinking of doing some FFXIV screen printing. What should I make?

Allagan Tomestone phone case skin?

Will pay you for one for my S9+.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Poops Mcgoots posted:

post ur parses

I'm not geared cos I didn't play between 4.1 and 4.5 but I was a 98th percentile MCH on Susano EX iirc.
Edit: nvm it was Lakshmi. 93rd against Susano.

I'm not a WoW refugee btw, to the people saying that in the discord. I just don't like MMO stories. That's beside the point though, I'm just saying I'd suffer through the MSQ again for a pretty mount or something.

Krabboss fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 16, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you're a cutscene skipper you're a sexual deviant. And I'm not talking about the jokey ones such as feet, but the kind who should be locked up for the betterment of humanity.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Leal posted:

If you're a cutscene skipper you're a sexual deviant. And I'm not talking about the jokey ones such as feet, but the kind who should be locked up for the betterment of humanity.

Will there be accommodations in the cell to allow me to better skip cutscenes?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

UHD posted:

dont worry ive perfected the ice mage rotation
I turn off party effects but ice mages are just so noticeable because of castbars, only a RDM doing a longcast is more obvious.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My irl friend invited me to his FC and now I have to plug in a keyboard for the first time (I got to level 50 Bard without one, I really only communicate with irl friends through discord)

I would kill for a discord FC/LS equivalent, it just makes so much sense. And then it means i can type on my phone

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My irl friend invited me to his FC and now I have to plug in a keyboard for the first time (I got to level 50 Bard without one, I really only communicate with irl friends through discord)

I would kill for a discord FC/LS equivalent, it just makes so much sense. And then it means i can type on my phone

It's not perfect, but you can use the Second Screen app on Android/iOS for text entry. Might be a bit faster than controller/more comfy than having a keyboard around.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's not perfect, but you can use the Second Screen app on Android/iOS for text entry. Might be a bit faster than controller/more comfy than having a keyboard around.

Oh cool! I didn't realize it worked in-game, I thought it was one of those apps that could only send system level messages. I'll give it a try.

Does anyone do this? I assume you still have to fiddle around and like open the system keyboard before you type which would be a bit of a hassle

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leal posted:

As a cutscene skipper, yeah.
I try to give each cutscene a fair crack but some of them are just so long winded, boring and poorly framed that I can't tolerate them for long.

Though cutscene skipping isn't my biggest sin by far.
I've not had the in-game audio on since week 2 of Stormblood other than when I ran Ivalice.

I need to remember to turn them back on for Shadowbringers. I'd love for them to add a voice (cutscene) and voice (battle) option for the sound settings. I like hearing voiced cutscenes, I don't need to hear Lalafells, Au Ra and Cats going "hyaaa" "haaa" "myaaa" "rrrrgh" when doing their skills.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does anyone do this? I assume you still have to fiddle around and like open the system keyboard before you type which would be a bit of a hassle

Yeah you still have to hit Triangle to open the keyboard and X to send once you're done, so there's a bit of clunk to it still

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

As a cutscene skipper, yeah.
I try to give each cutscene a fair crack but some of them are just so long winded, boring and poorly framed that I can't tolerate them for long.

Though cutscene skipping isn't my biggest sin by far.
I've not had the in-game audio on since week 2 of Stormblood other than when I ran Ivalice.

I need to remember to turn them back on for Shadowbringers. I'd love for them to add a voice (cutscene) and voice (battle) option for the sound settings. I like hearing voiced cutscenes, I don't need to hear Lalafells, Au Ra and Cats going "hyaaa" "haaa" "myaaa" "rrrrgh" when doing their skills.

I cannot bear to hear another city-state theme, residential area theme or ARR boss theme ever again. They absolutely drive me crazy at this point. I turn the sound on only when I'm learning new content, but it's off again before I have to hear another second of this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't dislike any of the music in the game. Far from it. I made sure I ate like 10gig of my phone's storage to have the entire thing on spotify saved in max quality.

I'm just loopy and it unsettles me to have it on

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

What actually transpires beneath the veil of a 1.0 fan's head? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that.

- Academician Alphinaud Leveilleur, "For I have tasted the fruit"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I watch all cutscenes in full. I listen to all the music. When a new patch is coming up, I go back to the inn and watch old cutscenes again to refresh my memory about the story. I dress up as my character in real life and only play in first person mode with the UI turned off. I am actually trapped in the game.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Leofish posted:

I watch all cutscenes in full. I listen to all the music. When a new patch is coming up, I go back to the inn and watch old cutscenes again to refresh my memory about the story. I dress up as my character in real life and only play in first person mode with the UI turned off. I am actually trapped in the game.

That must make it hard to avoid AOEs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
No way, that 0ms ping would be great

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leofish posted:

Final Fantasy XIVR when

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Leal posted:

Final Fantasy XIVR when

Fishing game only please

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

e: oh drat I'm too dumb to read fine print

Minera fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 16, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Minrad posted:

once again, I have pre-ordered too soon

though I still wouldn't trust amazon to actually deliver early access codes after Heavensward...

*Offer not valid on Pre-orders

Is it just me or is the fat chocobo kinda tasteless....

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's in bad taste, yeah.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
actually it's extremely good tasting

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
By the way you can buy a time card from amazon to get the black fat chocobo code.

Leal fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 16, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd spend a little cash on a video game I'd be on the fence about for that absolute unit of a bird.

But by the time it hits the EU, it'll be 2020 and they'll sell the codes on some absolute poo poo hole like scam4gamrs.com

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Krabboss posted:

I cannot bear to hear another [...] ARR boss theme ever again.

this includes the titan and shiva themes. sentence: gulag

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

It's amazing that Yoshida completely gets the question and is cracking up even before the translator comes in

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

World War Mammories posted:

this includes the titan and shiva themes. sentence: gulag

Those are good for sure. I meant to say the generic boss theme you get at the end of dungeons. Titan HM will always be one of my favourite trials because it was a nightmare to complete in early ARR. At the time I was playing from Australia and the latency required that I dodge Landslide/Weight of the Land before the AoE marker even appeared on the screen. It was very satisfying to get the kill.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Black Chocobo promotion is based on list price so you can spend less than $20 if the item is on sale.
Sims 4 online game code qualifies and it's just $5. https://www.amazon.com/Sims-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00ENQXEX2?th=1
Cuphead and Celeste for Switch are on sale for $16.99 and $13.39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

this includes the titan and shiva themes. sentence: gaol