Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I'm curious what you think an 'actual journalist' would be doing right now. The situation isn't exactly conducive to personal investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I'm curious what you think an 'actual journalist' would be doing right now. The situation isn't exactly conducive to personal investigation.
They'd be making poo poo up and then asking whichever retired general is on the payroll what he thought.

Journalism is largely trash.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 16, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Mapping out connections and context. To understand an event, you need to understand the situation it exists in. What is Iran's historical relationship with Japan, and how do the various political factions within Iran feel about that? Is Pompeo a reliable source on the Middle East and Iran in particular, and if not, why not specifically? What other incidents have recently happened in this area - what do we know about that Iranian oil rig explosion, for instance? What about the other Gulf states? How do they play into this? Cutting away context is one of the most dangerous tricks in propaganda.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
This loving thread :negative:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nenonen posted:

It's about ethics in boat journalism

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Darth Walrus posted:

Mapping out connections and context. To understand an event, you need to understand the situation it exists in. What is Iran's historical relationship with Japan, and how do the various political factions within Iran feel about that? Is Pompeo a reliable source on the Middle East and Iran in particular, and if not, why not specifically? What other incidents have recently happened in this area - what do we know about that Iranian oil rig explosion, for instance? What about the other Gulf states? How do they play into this? Cutting away context is one of the most dangerous tricks in propaganda.

That sounds like a good article, you should link it if this ideal journalist pops into existence and produces such a work

Nenonen posted:

:sigh:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

That sounds like a good article, you should link it if this ideal journalist pops into existence and produces such a work

:sigh:

Shoe asked for 'ought', not 'is'.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Helsing posted:

I think we'll likely need to dispense with the idea that the US government has a single coherent agenda here. Even within the Trump administration there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on what they actually want to see happen.

If you think there is a countervailing tendency within the Trump administration on this issue, you should provide evidence. I myself have not been able to find evidence of members of the Trump administration using this tanker incident to justify a military attack against Iran, but I have hardly seen everything. Perhaps you have seen a statement by Bolton that would contradict me?

I've noticed there are a lot of people in this thread with very strong opinions about what is in the best interests of Iran and the United States, and what the intentions of these governments are. I have seen very little evidence provided to justify these opinions. I think people should start providing it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What I am concerned with is why it makes sense to use tools that are adapted to open-source data collection to analyze a closed-source video released by an interested party. This isn't some video a potentially pro-US or anti-Iran or pro-US-Iran-war activist posted up on Youtube, this is an official release by the US military.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/1140269304274927617?s=19

lol if the UK follows us into another clusterfuck war.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Squalid posted:

If you think there is a countervailing tendency within the Trump administration on this issue, you should provide evidence. I myself have not been able to find evidence of members of the Trump administration using this tanker incident to justify a military attack against Iran, but I have hardly seen everything. Perhaps you have seen a statement by Bolton that would contradict me?

I've noticed there are a lot of people in this thread with very strong opinions about what is in the best interests of Iran and the United States, and what the intentions of these governments are. I have seen very little evidence provided to justify these opinions. I think people should start providing it.

While I ultimately agree that our incredibly moist President is for whatever reason probably the staunchest anti-war figure in the administration (which is a helluva clause to write) making increased military investment anywhere a remote possibility, Donald Trump has fired virtually every person to serve at his pleasure in his administration relating to intelligence, diplomacy and military deployments specifically because people like Rex Tillerson, H.R. McMaster, and James Mattis keep going their own way. Bolton may well be next specifically because of current events. Tendentiously playing dumb about the infighting between the President and his own administration which has been the only constant of the last two years and yet presuming to lecture others about the Extremely Consistent FP Line coming from the white house is incredibly rich, and I do not think a handful of seconds digging up news articles about this overwhelming dynamic is a sincere request to meet a burden of proof on your part.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 16, 2019

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I remember a month ago when the Trump Admin screamed bloody murder about two other tankers being attacked but their whining was mostly ignored.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This thread has talked about this false flag pretext for invasion more than Trump and the right wing talking heads tbh. And when time goes by and you don't get your war, it won't change anything. You won't stop to question yourselves for one second. You'll just keep on living in 2003 where things are easy.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Squalid posted:

I'm mostly basing this on the fact that anonymous White House officials are telling the Times and Post that there's some disagreement regarding the best approach to Iran. While Trump called these reports fake news he also more or less confirmed that he's not completely onside with his own advisers at the moment:

The Hill posted:

President Trump is frustrated with some of his top advisers over the threat posed by Iran, saying hard-line aides could rush the U.S. into a military struggle with the Islamic republic and break his campaign pledge to avoid costly foreign wars, according to The Washington Post.

Several U.S. officials told the Post that Trump prefers a diplomatic off-ramp to deescalate tensions between Washington and Tehran, which have escalated amid what military and intelligence officials have deemed to be credible threats against U.S. interests in the Gulf region.

Trump is particularly frustrated with national security adviser John Bolton and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to the Post, both of whom have taken aggressive stances against Iran.

“They are getting way out ahead of themselves, and Trump is annoyed,” a senior administration official told the newspaper. “There was a scramble for Bolton and Pompeo and others to get on the same page.”

The official said Bolton, who has advocated for regime change in Tehran in the past, is “just in a different place” from Trump, who too has been a vocal Iran critic. Trump “wants to talk to the Iranians; he wants a deal” and is open to negotiation with the Iranian government, the official added.

“He is not comfortable with all this ‘regime change’ talk,” the official added, saying Trump equates such discussions with the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

The Hill posted:

The Times reported Monday that acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan put together a plan at national security adviser John Bolton’s direction that called for up to 120,000 troops to be deployed to the region.

Trump on Tuesday called the report "fake news" but said he’d "absolutely" send even more troops to the Middle East if needed.

The Post confirmed the Times's reporting late Tuesday and on Wednesday reported that some U.S. allies have expressed concerns over the Trump administration's handling of the threat emanating from Iran.

The reports noted that Trump, who campaigned against U.S. entanglement in foreign conflicts, is surrounded by hawkish advisers such as Bolton who have favored a more aggressive approach toward Iran.

Asked last week whether he is satisfied with Bolton's advice, Trump said his national security adviser is "very good" but that he has "strong views."

"I have different sides," the president said. "I have John Bolton and I have other people who are a little more dovish than him, and ultimately I make the decision."

This also lines up with suggestions that many people in the Pentagon are not enthusiastic about a conflict with Iran either. While this is not the same as a disagreement within the White House, there are reports suggesting Bolton wasn't confident in the US intelligence community backing up his claims and therefore went to the Israeli's to get the assessment he wanted:

Truthdig posted:

A Defense Department source said the intelligence showed “a change in behavior that could be interpreted to foreshadow an attack on American forces or interests,” according to The New York Times’ story on the matter. But the source didn’t actually say that any emerging intelligence had led to such a conclusion or even that any U.S. intelligence official has come to that conclusion.

The timing of the alleged new intelligence also suggests that Bolton’s claim is false. “As recently as last week there were no obvious sign of a new threat,” The Wall Street Journal reported. The New York Times similarly reported that “several Defense officials” said “as recently as last Friday they have had not seen reason to change the American military’s posture in the region.”

Normally, it would require intelligence from either a highly credible source within the Iranian government or an intercept of a sensitive communication from Iran to justify this kind of accusation. But no news outlet has brought word that any such spectacular new intelligence has found its way to the White House or the Pentagon.

The Journal’s report revealed, moreover, that Bolton has only a “fresh intelligence assessment” rather than any new intelligence report. That “assessment” is clearly not a product of the intelligence community, which would have taken at least several days to arrive at such a fundamental reinterpretation of Iranian intentions. The mysterious new “assessment” was evidently unknown outside Bolton’s office before Bolton swung into action last weekend.

We now know, in fact, that the sources behind Bolton’s claim were Israel’s national security adviser and intelligence agency. Axios published a report Monday by leading Israeli journalist Barak Ravid, who covers national security for Israel’s Channel 13, revealing that a delegation of senior Israeli officials had given Bolton “information” about “possible Iranian plots against the U.S. or its allies in the Gulf” two weeks earlier.

The Israeli delegation, led by national security adviser Meir Ben Shabbat, met with Bolton and other unnamed officials in the White House, according to Ravid, to discuss possible Iranian plans.

Obviously none of this is definitive proof of anything but one way of explaining all this would be that there's no clear consensus within either the White House or the Pentagon regarding Iran and therefore different factions are trying to advance their agenda through strategic leaks or announcements.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

in science, if there is no empirical support for a statement, that statement is generally taken to be wrong. science is not, i'm sure you'll agree, terribly politically motivated

what

Absolutely not true for any academic field even tangentially related to institutions, economics and law.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

what

Absolutely not true for any academic field even tangentially related to institutions, economics and law.

I....think he's being ironic? Also tons of human adjacent sciences are hella political too.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Volkerball posted:

This thread has talked about this false flag pretext for invasion more than Trump and the right wing talking heads tbh. And when time goes by and you don't get your war, it won't change anything. You won't stop to question yourselves for one second. You'll just keep on living in 2003 where things are easy.

ah, the good old days. back when you could still claim America was a force for good on the world stage from atop a steadily-rising pile of Iraqi corpses.

it's okay, though, they were shiites. not technically people.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

I....think he's being ironic?

The way this thread has been going for the last pages it's impossible to tell. :v:

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

Tendentiously playing dumb about the infighting between the President and his own administration which has been the only constant of the last two years and yet presuming to lecture others about the Extremely Consistent FP Line coming from the white house is incredibly rich, and I do not think a handful of seconds digging up news articles about this overwhelming dynamic is a sincere request to meet a burden of proof on your part.

I have not said anything about consistency in the foreign policy line. I just want to know where people got their assumptions about US policy. I feel like I've asked for a very minimal level of proof, as I have just asked for literally anything at all. In particular, I've seen several people say that the United States is going to use this recent incident as a pretext for military action against Iran. Insofar as I have looked into, every statement by President Trump or other members of his administration have downplayed the probability of this reaction. From public statements, it does not appear the US is planning an immediate response. Many people appear to believe otherwise, and they should justify this belief with some kind of evidence.

Helsing posted:

I'm mostly basing this on the fact that anonymous White House officials are telling the Times and Post that there's some disagreement regarding the best approach to Iran. While Trump called these reports fake news he also more or less confirmed that he's not completely onside with his own advisers at the moment:

This also lines up with suggestions that many people in the Pentagon are not enthusiastic about a conflict with Iran either. While this is not the same as a disagreement within the White House, there are reports suggesting Bolton wasn't confident in the US intelligence community backing up his claims and therefore went to the Israeli's to get the assessment he wanted:

Obviously none of this is definitive proof of anything but one way of explaining all this would be that there's no clear consensus within either the White House or the Pentagon regarding Iran and therefore different factions are trying to advance their agenda through strategic leaks or announcements.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of stuff about disagreement within the Trump administration on Iran policy. I haven't however seen any public disagreement regarding the response to the tanker incident. Not to suggest that this is an idea of yours, but these reports of disagreements would also seem to be circumstantial evidence against the theory that this was an American false flag. If the main Iran-war hawks are Bolton and the Secretary of State, and they are opposing the President and Joint Chiefs of Staff, the hawks are going to have a hard time orchestrating a false flag under their opponents noses. The only American organizations capable of pulling off this operation are the military and CIA. I'm not sure what the scuttlebutt regarding the CIA's stance in all this is, but I feel they are unlikely, barring new information, to go against the President. Bolton has very little administrative power to organize anything.

If this was a false flag, it appears to have failed in its objective to cause America to attack Iran. All indications now are that unless something else dramatic happens, the US will not escalate. Although with the way things are now the odds of a patrol boat straying too close to the US navy and getting lit up are pretty high.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"War isn't coming! It's fine! Trump is a saintly dove!", I scream to the stubborn lefties as the US send warships, missile batteries, and thousands of troops to the reinforce those already in the Gulf.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

fishmech posted:

Boy it sure is funny to see the usual gang of dictator lovers cry crocodile tears about an article explaining there is no proof at all that Iran bombed some ships. And then they go on to claim that the nothingburger is totally going to start a war? It's amazing.

Lol get out of here with this BS.

Are you really saying we should take at face value some "evidence" presented to us by an administration with a war boner against Iran in a post Iraq war world?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Charliegrs posted:

Lol get out of here with this BS.

Are you really saying we should take at face value some "evidence" presented to us by an administration with a war boner against Iran in a post Iraq war world?

If Brown Moses had presented such evidence this post would be correct. He didn't.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If Brown Moses had presented such evidence this post would be correct. He didn't.

..uh, how else would you characterize the video released by the US Navy?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Brown Moses has nothing to do with it. I'm not even talking about him or his NYT article. I'm just saying simply that after the Iraq war fiasco and the "evidence" presented at that time that it's going to take a lot more than some lovely grainy video to convince people this time around. Especially when half the administration is made up of guys that have been openly jerking off to the idea of an Iran war for years.

Edit: Oh and apparently questioning this BS evidence makes people "dictator lovers". Like I said, get out of here with that BS.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I mean it's the equivalent of a ship having trouble 20 miles off of the coast of delaware, of course a us coast guard ship (or in this case, Iranian Navy) ship is going to respond. What a shocker.

Like I don't really doubt that the video shows what it purports to show (eg an Iranian vessel approaching the damaged tanker) because that's a 100% loving normal thing for a coast guard to do if there's a damaged oil tanker 10-20 miles off shore your most important waterway

Granted their claim that they're removing a mine from the ship there's zero reason to think that and it specifically goes against the pile of people just nonchalantly hanging around. More likely they were removing a magnetic mooring system or something

Brown Moses posted:

I think this is something the reaction to the article has demonstrated clearly, those with strong political ideologies, left or right, are annoyed about its content because it doesn't support their conclusions based on their own political ideologies, because my intention wasn't to project my own political ideology onto the evidence. Intent is key, if you want to read some talking head explaining why it's clearly a false flag/definitely Iran responsible you have Fox News and Russia Today to watch for that. I just wanted to show that the evidence presented so far is inconclusive for either viewpoint, but apparently that's a rabidly pro-war/anti-American position, depending on your ideology.

As a coward with no especially strong political ideology beyond 'war crimes and violence against civilians is bad' I objected to what you wrote on substance not ideology.

That you had 200 words in there about the US's legacy of fabricating from whole cloth anti-Iran evidence of aggression absolutely changes things and if they removed that then they loving played you and used your name and reputation and you should be loving furious with them.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 16, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Administration types are 100% trying to use this as a casus belli

https://twitter.com/zacharybasu/status/1140284514503147521

Thankfully most of the rest of the world is mocking them for it, but they're agitating for strikes against Iran

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Reuters kept trying to put boots on the ground in the Straight of Hormuz but they kept drowning.

Really curious where the open source detractors expect these reporters to be here. Embedded with the Navy? Stationed on every tanker? Maybe a little speedboat marked NEWS?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Herstory Begins Now posted:

That you had 200 words in there about the US's legacy of fabricating from whole cloth anti-Iran evidence of aggression absolutely changes things and if they removed that then they loving played you and used your name and reputation and you should be loving furious with them.

I agree with this.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Why would he be mad? It was a mutually beneficial exchange.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Helsing posted:

Why would he be mad? It was a mutually beneficial exchange.

I'm willing to extend someone whose organization just recently came out with a series of exposes on US involvement in the war in Yemen the benefit of the doubt. :shrug:

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Administration types are 100% trying to use this as a casus belli

What specifically do you think they would do with a casus belli, people have been leaving this part pretty vague. The statements in that Axios article are pretty wishy washy, except for those of Tom Cotton who is not really an administration type. Pompeo sounds like he might be threatening the Iranian navy but he's clearly emphasizing diplomacy over other actions as a response.

Maybe you could provide quotes to illustrate what the administration types want to happen, and are pushing to make happen?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Squalid posted:

What specifically do you think they would do with a casus belli, people have been leaving this part pretty vague. The statements in that Axios article are pretty wishy washy, except for those of Tom Cotton who is not really an administration type. Pompeo sounds like he might be threatening the Iranian navy but he's clearly emphasizing diplomacy over other actions as a response.

Maybe you could provide quotes to illustrate what the administration types want to happen, and are pushing to make happen?

Graham, Pompeo, and Bolton are all pushing military action, that's a major contingent of people who actually affect poo poo in washington. A lot of RWM is beating the war drums, too.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Squalid posted:

Pretty much every US statement quoted in that article (except Cotton's) is along the lines of "we don't want to go to war, of course, but if Iran continues to commit heinous acts like this then we will be forced to respond and all options will be on the table". It's not very hard to read between the lines, since there's not a whole lot of options to begin with. Of course there'll be diplomacy first, but it's quite easy to make that fail if one side isn't negotiating in good faith.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Not quite related, but Mother Jones has published a two-parter on-the-ground report on US involvement in Syria. Haven't read either yet, but it sounds interesting.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Like this poo poo is major news, go use google news? But here's a few

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/20/lindsey-graham-iran-military-response-1334416

“The fault lies with the Iranians, not the United States or any other nation,” Graham continued. “If the Iranian threats against American personnel and interests are activated we must deliver an overwhelming military response. Stand firm Mr. President.”

here's where RWM stands:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/06/14/graham-to-trump-make-iran-feel-pain-hit-a-refinery-sink-their-navy/

Graham being on board with escalating to strikes is alarming af because he actually has Trump's ear in a way that almost no one else does ever since he became Trump's main golfing partner.

Pompeo is not advocating any diplomatic poo poo, dude is a military intervention fetishist through and through.

Main Paineframe posted:

Pretty much every US statement quoted in that article (except Cotton's) is along the lines of "we don't want to go to war, of course, but if Iran continues to commit heinous acts like this then we will be forced to respond and all options will be on the table". It's not very hard to read between the lines, since there's not a whole lot of options to begin with. Of course there'll be diplomacy first, but it's quite easy to make that fail if one side isn't negotiating in good faith.

It's notable that even in the DoD statement where they said 'we have no plans or desire to start another ground war in the Middle East and don't consider it in anyone's best interest,' the rest of the statement is emphasizing that we're keeping military options on the table

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 17, 2019

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I agree with this.

Yeah me too.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

The United States has many options for escalation. These include, in order of increasing violence; 1) Military shows of force 2) Increased money and weapons supplied to the enemies of Iranian proxies, 3) Increased harassment/confrontation with Iranian naval assets in the Gulf, with potential for accidental violence on either side 4) Limited offensive attacks on Iranian naval assets 5) Limited attacks on military targets inside Iran like airbases and naval facilities 6) Large scale attacks against Iranian air defenses and infrastructure 6) Full scale land invasion and ground war.

Obviously there are a lot of differences between the results of these different levels of escalation. I'm just curious what specifically people think is about to happen, and what they think the Trump administration can justify with a few blown up tankers. Judging by statements from within the Trump administration, the most probable moves by the US appear to be maybe 1-3 with no indication that there are plans for anything else.

I already did, maybe you missed those videos I posted earlier. I'm interested in seeing other people's reasoning though, so that I can be reassured people are not coming to conclusions based on instinct, intuition, or feelings.

Those statements by Lindsey Graham are pretty horrifying. I personally wouldn't stake much on his ability to sway Trump on anything though, since I'm not sure he's ever succeed at doing that in the past. Personally I doubt Congress has much of any ability to influence these events at all, especially not when their opinion on the issue is obviously divided.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/20/lindsey-graham-iran-military-response-1334416

“The fault lies with the Iranians, not the United States or any other nation,” Graham continued. “If the Iranian threats against American personnel and interests are activated we must deliver an overwhelming military response. Stand firm Mr. President.”

here's where RWM stands:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/06/14/graham-to-trump-make-iran-feel-pain-hit-a-refinery-sink-their-navy/

Graham being on board with escalating to strikes is alarming af because he actually has Trump's ear in a way that almost no one else does ever since he became Trump's main golfing partner.

Pompeo is not advocating any diplomatic poo poo, dude is a military intervention fetishist through and through.

It's notable that even in the DoD statement where they said 'we have no plans or desire to start another ground war in the Middle East and don't consider it in anyone's best interest,' the rest of the statement is emphasizing that we're keeping military options on the table

Is this any surprise? Lindsey Graham is probably the biggest Hawk in the entire US Government and has been the most enthusiastic supporter of the Forever War.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah Graham is far more hawkish than Trump. Trump likes pushing us to the brink of war with countries to look tough, and abusing sanctions, but Graham actually wants to be at war with half the world. Trump's approach could lead to war due to miscalculation or one side or the other feeling backed into a corner due to a series of escalating bluffs that finally get called (if Iran did attack the tankers, it was to signal they aren't just going to capitulate as we destroy their economy), but Graham isn't the one making the decisions, as we saw when Trump announced the withdrawal from Syria multiple times (even if everyone dragged their feet both times until he forgot/changed his mind again), and when he cut the hawks off at the knees after escalating tensions with both North Korea and Venezuela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice

Relevant Tangent posted:

A grift is a grift. Even piddly ones can keep a couple people in beer and skittles for a lifetime.

I don’t know if you follow the Eastern Europe thread, but the Netherlands might be about to prosecute individuals for the MH-17 disaster with Bellingcat’s help.

So, I guess Brown Moses nefarious grift is about to be exposed in Dutch court!