Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

It was a fantastic ride. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's a chance that the world can survive nuclear war, but it's not gonna be pretty. Wonder if some of annexed southern France will go the way of Chernobyl.

Since you're going through goon characters, whatever happened to Lenivaya Zmeya?

And since when did Qadis become the capital again? I thought the communist takeover moved things further north.

Zmeya's still around, so they probably jumped boats to the new regime when it mattered most.

Qadis has always been the capital, it was only briefly north during the civil war because fascists/monarchists had the south.

GSD posted:

Did the Supreme Leader's successors ever invade the Jizrunid Isle?

Never any real reason to, and thanks to some wise investments into banking and tourism, Jizrunid Isle would soon become one of the richest rocks in the world! So more could prob be gained from working with them than against them.

catlord posted:

Oh my God.

Waono's just a really late Japan.

Also, my lovely flag! :3: Did Waono do anything, or did my general get to lounge around until '56? What a ride. What a fantastic ride.

Nah they didn't do anything really, so he just watched the chaos from afar.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

AJ_Impy posted:

Magnificent work. Did my guy stay in charge of our air forces throughout?

Yep, and his success in the war probably helped him become a major player in Iberian politics later down the line.

Danny Glands posted:

I forgot what my guy was.

Someone in the New England government, so probably survived so long as he wasn't in NY.

devildragon777 posted:

Hooray for my character beating up the English! She did survive that part, right?

...What major population centers in Germany didn't get nuked? Germany is probably going to be hotbed of anarchy and civil conflict for the forseeable future, isn't it?

Yeah, and like other major generals, she probably entered a career in politics soon after the war.

Luhood posted:

Did the al-Houds really do anything come the HoI part? I think i was away for the entire "Post your Leader" part of HoI so I'm not sure if I even had a horse in the race.

There was one in Iberia and I scattered a few throughout Ibriz as well, so yeah they played some part in the mess over west.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hashim posted:

Never any real reason to, and thanks to some wise investments into banking and tourism, Jizrunid Isle would soon become one of the richest rocks in the world! So more could prob be gained from working with them than against them.

The Jizrunids win again! :argh:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I forgot what my dude was doing in HoI4 completely, I think I died somewhere in Ibriz

He was someone in communist Ibriz, so dead or missing is a good bet.

Lynneth posted:

I completely forgot if I had a dude. If yes, is he still kicking?

Yes, also chosen as the new ruler of vienna by Iberian officials.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I forgot if my person was an admiral in Ibriz or Iberia, but either way he probably got sunk. Or maybe he got into politics :confuoot:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Chipping in to say this was a hell of an LP. Fantastically done, Hashim, and thank you for all the nuclear memories!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Again

Nothing in the world could possibly be more perfect than the fact that the Jizrunids is ended as an OPM again

I guess Malta isn't the worst place to be exiled to but still, what a circle to make

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

How would you say the legacy of Mahmud Ibn Bibil went down after the war? More of a Patton or a MacArthur?

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Hashim posted:

Yes, also chosen as the new ruler of vienna by Iberian officials.

Oh! Dang, that's neat.
That said, this was one hell of a ride, Hashim. Thank you very much for all your excellent effort.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I just remembered I have a dude named Commissar Mukhtar- where did he die?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Hashim, thanks for this truly excellent narrative. You did a great job building a world that seemed real and lived-in.

I especially appreciate you letting us make awful mistakes and showing the consequences of them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If you think about it, the ICBMs represent all the dicks the old dynasty cut off, flying freely through the air to save the world from the cancer that is at this point Al Andalus, and also just regular cancer.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

RBA Starblade posted:

If you think about it, the ICBMs represent all the dicks the old dynasty cut off, flying freely through the air to save the world from the cancer that is at this point Al Andalus, and also just regular cancer.

Al-Andalus... Al-Andalus never changes.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I don't think I ever had an HoI character but throwback to Victoria, now that it's been a while since the Red Vizier, what's the general Iberian historical take on him? Budding revolutionary murdered by the monarchists, bourgeois reformist who drew people away from truly revolutionary organizations, something else?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

How would you say the legacy of Mahmud Ibn Bibil went down after the war? More of a Patton or a MacArthur?

A bit of both maybe, similar to Patton in that he would definitely be remembered as a war hero in Iberia and respected general in Russia, maybe more like MacArthur in France and Germany as he helped them rebuild in the war's aftermath.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

I just remembered I have a dude named Commissar Mukhtar- where did he die?

He's not dead, he's been our head of propaganda for a good while now. Since he was picked by Mizanur, he'll probably be around up until he dies in 1966 anyways.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Congratulations Hashim! This was a great LP and definitely my favorite after Crete. You did a great job.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Congratulations for finishing this Hashim, what an incredible mega-campaign!

I forget what my guy was doing in New England, don’t think he survived the regime change or the bomb.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hashim posted:

He's not dead, he's been our head of propaganda for a good while now. Since he was picked by Mizanur, he'll probably be around up until he dies in 1966 anyways.

Oh nice! Pity I'll probably be the first to be purged, but oh well :v:

Also, I've decided to do a bit of a re-read, and drat, this is your first LP? Holy poo poo, I am in awe!

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Eagerly awaiting your next project!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Did Jalb ever get promoted from his job?

Also, amazing LP, this was truly something special to follow.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Congratulations! I've loved having this be a weekly staple for the past two and a half years! You did an amazing job, dude.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Amazing job, Hashim!

There's just one more thing to say:

War...

War never changes.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. The Moroccans built a worldwide empire out of their lust for gold. And Mizanur shaped a battered Iberia into a nuclear power. But war never changes.

In the late 20th century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. But this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: petroleum and uranium. For these resources, Usturaliya would invade Africa, Benin would annex the Congo, and the Gharbian union would dissolve into bickering nation-states bent on controlling the last natural resources left on Earth.

In 1998, the storm of world war would come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, new civilizations would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach safety in one of the large, underground Bunkers. Imprisoned behind a massive Bunker door under a mountain of stone, generations will grow up not knowing the outside world.

Natural Flavor
Sep 1, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Amazing job, Hashim!

There's just one more thing to say:

War...

War never changes.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. The Moroccans built a worldwide empire out of their lust for gold. And Mizanur shaped a battered Iberia into a nuclear power. But war never changes.

In the late 20th century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. But this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: petroleum and uranium. For these resources, Usturaliya would invade Africa, Benin would annex the Congo, and the Gharbian union would dissolve into bickering nation-states bent on controlling the last natural resources left on Earth.

In 1998, the storm of world war would come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, new civilizations would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach safety in one of the large, underground Bunkers. Imprisoned behind a massive Bunker door under a mountain of stone, generations will grow up not knowing the outside world.

In the not so distant future...

Kra! When new update for Azerbaijan!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Natural Flavor posted:

what will you say when your child asks why you didn't invest in eastern andalusia

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Natural Flavor posted:

Excuse me weird young radioactive mutant abomination, but Azerbaijan no longer exists.

It's been the Anatolian Republic for over a century now :colbert:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Natural Flavor posted:

That guy needs a turban!

Natural Flavor
Sep 1, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Excuse me weird young radioactive mutant abomination, but Azerbaijan no longer exists.

It's been the Anatolian Republic for over a century now :colbert:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Aeromancia posted:

Congratulations for finishing this Hashim, what an incredible mega-campaign!

I forget what my guy was doing in New England, don’t think he survived the regime change or the bomb.

He was a general for New England, so he's probably still alive if out of a job.

habeasdorkus posted:

Did Jalb ever get promoted from his job?

Also, amazing LP, this was truly something special to follow.

Minister of infrastructure is already an important position, so I'd say he could have gone for the big job in 1966. Could've just as easily ended up with a bullet to the back of the head though.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

Oh nice! Pity I'll probably be the first to be purged, but oh well :v:

Also, I've decided to do a bit of a re-read, and drat, this is your first LP? Holy poo poo, I am in awe!

Yeah! It ended up taking way longer than I thought, partly because I inexplicably decided to shove an extra game in there, but I'm glad I got it finished. Also means that anything I do in the future will be much smaller in scale though. Definitely not doing another mega-campaign for a good while, for example, but still thinking of revisiting ck2 or something if I can think of something fresh.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Hashim posted:

Minister of infrastructure is already an important position, so I'd say he could have gone for the big job in 1966. Could've just as easily ended up with a bullet to the back of the head though.

Yeah, I was thinking that would be the most logical outcome. My headcanon is that he was definitely in the big seat for a couple months and thinking he was going to be the next supreme leader for decades before getting unceremoniously ousted and garrotted in a palace coup.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 17, 2019

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Oh, I suppose I should ask what happened to my fundamentalist guy.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

Yeah! It ended up taking way longer than I thought, partly because I inexplicably decided to shove an extra game in there, but I'm glad I got it finished. Also means that anything I do in the future will be much smaller in scale though. Definitely not doing another mega-campaign for a good while, for example, but still thinking of revisiting ck2 or something if I can think of something fresh.

CK2 is definitely the most fun PDS game to LP, thing practically writes for itself.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Talas posted:

That guy needs a turban!

He's clearly mutated to the point where his head is just a turban.

Edit: Also, Great job on completing the LP, it was magnificent. This has been a great read that had me always checking if there was an update.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 17, 2019

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Just echoing folks to say great work hugely enjoyable read from start to finish, thanks a bunch.

e: Oh hell yeah I signed up to be a general in Ibriz. I'm assuming I drowned in a puddle or for one welcomed our new Berber overlords?.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
This has been one of my favorite LP’s of all time, definitely my favorite mega Paradox LP. Very well done, Hashim.

That said, I am slightly disappointed that our goonocracy directly created such a hellish timeline, but it sure stayed interesting to the very end. I can only hope that the survivors of the next nuclear war (if there are any survivors) might learn from us as a model of what to avoid.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Majlis and the Shura did nothing wrong

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

We did everything wrong and you know it. We could have avoided at least one of the three rivalries with Morocco, France, and Ireland. We could have not lost Ibriz. The second Taifa period was entirely avoidable.

We also could not have gotten into a hot nuclear war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

WilliamAnderson posted:

We did everything wrong and you know it. We could have avoided at least one of the three rivalries with Morocco, France, and Ireland. We could have not lost Ibriz. The second Taifa period was entirely avoidable.

We also could not have gotten into a hot nuclear war.

I feel like avoiding all that would have required goons to not be running things though?

I feel we got the world we deserved, personally :colbert: