Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chas McGill posted:

What's the percentage of voice acted dialogue in Barkley 2?

Bisse posted:

At this point the sound was literally everywhere. Enemies, guns, effects
100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Shenmue and Yakuza are literally nothing alike. One is action game, the other is a chill adventure game.

have you... played Yakuza? because like 75% of any given Yakuza game is a chill adventure in a small but extremely content-dense and vibrant open world, just like Shenmue

they just swapped the QTE fights for beat-em-up fights

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

one is a game where sailors hang out

the other is a game where sailors DON'T hang out

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Shenmue and Yakuza are literally nothing alike. One is action game, the other is a chill adventure game.

this is also wrong. no game has more clearly been built on the bones of another like the yakuza series on shenmue

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

another key difference is that yakuza is excellent

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

another key difference is that yakuza is excellent

yeah but does it have capsule machines with sonic characters?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Lobe posted:

yeah but does it have capsule machines with sonic characters?

i'm actually fairly sure it does

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm actually fairly sure it does

oh poo poo, ok. sold

I never actually played the yakuza games somehow

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
brokely

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Groovelord Neato posted:

their ask was pretty low which was a mistake a lot of early kickstarters made.

i'm still mad gamers gave shenmue 3 - a game that not only had publisher backing but is going to be terrible (the original games are novelties and don't hold up) - 5 million.

Running out of sticky icky cashish was not the primary issue with Barkley 2's development.

Besides I don't begrudge other kickstarters their success unless they're, like, that nazi anime card game.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

barkenly

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

have you... played Yakuza? because like 75% of any given Yakuza game is a chill adventure in a small but extremely content-dense and vibrant open world, just like Shenmue

they just swapped the QTE fights for beat-em-up fights

All you do in Shenmue is talk to people and then rarely get into a fight or rarely get a QTE. Yakuza is a straight up brawler beat em up game with a bunch of sidequests, but you are always fighting random dudes as you go around in Yakuza.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

All you do in Shenmue is talk to people and then rarely get into a fight or rarely get a QTE. Yakuza is a straight up brawler beat em up game with a bunch of sidequests, but you are always fighting random dudes as you go around in Yakuza.

So yakuza is Shenmue but with a brawler on top of it.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
For backers trying to access the demo, clicking the link from your email won't work. You need to visit the Kickstarter Page, go to the updates, then click the link from there. That worked for me. Otherwise I think Itch.io thinks you're not supposed to be able to download it.

Quick link to the updates page.

Vipershark
Nov 13, 2010
Is there a way to access the game if I backed through Humble Bundle (and therefore PayPal)?

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
2.904e+9 bits dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. 363 megabytes being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the whole cosmos. I can feel every single dark drakers that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jello cube zauber, every crying baby and broken boss, every page of of the bball tactics design notepad, guns's, and a broken debug mode. I am there. I Am The Barkley Demo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i am playing barkley 2.

edit: nice the dilbert song on create a character. "Dracula and Popeye are both Lawful Good." lol

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 16, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vipershark posted:

Is there a way to access the game if I backed through Humble Bundle (and therefore PayPal)?

You'll get a link before day's end.

MagurEnch
Nov 28, 2015

do preorder-ers count or is this strictly a backer thing?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

What does the backer update say

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

yakuza is literally just shenmue but with random encounters, and also without the awful time system where you have to sit around for like an actual real life hour waiting for the tattoo parlor to open so that the guy in the tattoo parlor can tell you to come back tomorrow

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

are non backers going to have access to the demo at any point

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Yeah, were just putting it out for backers first in case we catch some big problem before we just put it out to everyone. We'll probably just post the link to twitter.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

drat, I'm out of town but first thing I do when I get back is play Barkley 2

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Manyorcas posted:

For backers trying to access the demo, clicking the link from your email won't work. You need to visit the Kickstarter Page, go to the updates, then click the link from there. That worked for me. Otherwise I think Itch.io thinks you're not supposed to be able to download it.

Quick link to the updates page.

Even using the link on that page I just get a 404 from itch.io. Do I have to make an itch.io account too?

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Even using the link on that page I just get a 404 from itch.io. Do I have to make an itch.io account too?

If you look in the comments there is an alternate which worked for me.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

I downloaded it from here: https://talesofgames.itch.io/barkley-2/download/HzpM0wbDsmwVrHQ_TjKRcbBTKWmSCQGoh2i8LFbY .

It's neat to have this but man, it is janky right now. Can't seem to make the window maximise without out the whole frame juddering or have the mouse work on about the last 5th of the screen (where the settings button is). But, it actually exists, holy poo poo.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

God the Wilcy dialog. God.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
How am I supposed to beat the egg grabber? I've tried letting it run into stuff but I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Super Rad posted:

How am I supposed to beat the egg grabber? I've tried letting it run into stuff but I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing

Shoot it with gun's

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I don't even have a fistol. Tried using mousewheel, shift, q and other promised buttons but no menus come up

E: I started again from the beginning and managed to avoid the entire confrontation - still no clue what I'm doing

Super Rad fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 17, 2019

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Super Rad posted:

I don't even have a fistol. Tried using mousewheel, shift, q and other promised buttons but no menus come up

Did you try right click to draw your gun

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Stabbatical posted:

It's neat to have this but man, it is janky right now. Can't seem to make the window maximise without out the whole frame juddering or have the mouse work on about the last 5th of the screen (where the settings button is). But, it actually exists, holy poo poo.

Press F6 and then F2.

Super Rad posted:

This is a known bug, if you roll past the barrels in the tutorial (which is not supposed to be possible, but happens occasionally somehow) you skip the part where you are given a gun and told how to use it. We couldn't pin down what's causing that one in time for launch, sorry.

You'll get a new gun once you're past the prologue and then you'll have full functionality.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 17, 2019

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Press F6 and then F2.

Ah cheers, works like a charm.

I'll have to give this a proper go tomorrow. But, from just messing around with it for about 20 minutes it's way more functional than I thought it was going to be.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
How do I equip the booty jerkin? Or anything in general?

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Lots of stuff in the utility station works only with the side buttons and not with the actual screen, that was so that the gamepad works easily with em, but yeah it makes it a bit counter-intuitive.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

"Neutral-Good is the alignment most often found in cyberpilgrims and Afrofuturists. Dracula and Popeye are both Neutral-Good.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Lurdiak posted:

This is a known bug, if you roll past the barrels in the tutorial (which is not supposed to be possible, but happens occasionally somehow) you skip the part where you are given a gun and told how to use it. We couldn't pin down what's causing that one in time for launch, sorry.

You'll get a new gun once you're past the prologue and then you'll have full functionality.

I made it past the prologue by restarting and skipping the eggbot but just as an FYI both times I rolled past the barrels. It looksed a bit wonky but didn't realize at the time that was a glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I didn't get far but the intro had some cool art and jokez therefore I am giving Barkley 2 my metacritic user score of 9.3