Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Re: Travel talk, my favorite vacationing parents ever, I met while on a hike a couple years back. We stayed at the same cabin. They were heading out into the mountainous Sarek national park in the far north of Sweden, for a 14-day trek. That's an area where, if you're in the center, you can't reach a road except for walking for two to three days straight (and probably crossing a mountain pass).

They were bringing kids aged 5, 7 and 9 years old. They had been doing multi-day hikes every summer since the oldest was two years old, and had now started to increase the length of their trips since the kids could carry more of their own stuff. They said it was a lot easier now that the littlest one was potty-trained. They used to bring two days' worth of cloth diapers and wash them in creek water as they went. One set drying on the outside of a rucksack while the other one was dry and ready to use. Now mom and dad didn't even have to carry everything themselves, since the 9-year old was lugging a backpack the size of my 4-day pack. Even the three-year-old was carrying several kilos, it looked like. The kids were amazingly confident and chill about the whole thing.

They said they do a long trek in Sweden every summer, and a one-week trek in the Alps every October. Almost all their spare time during spring was spent planning and preparing for this trip.

Just saying, kids will adapt to almost anything you put them up to. Baby travel is rough, but mostly I think because we new parents don't know how. Apparently? Mostly I think it's us, the parents, giving ourselves a hard time.

Edit: The kids were approximately 5, 7 and 9, I was misremembering.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Good luck. Hope it does!

Tried with no luck. :( I don't know whether it's cos she's too little to be able to imagine the concept or if she's too smart to fall for an obvious trick. I'll keep trying... :sigh:

In addition, she spiked a fever, resisted Panadol with righteous fury and betrayal when we had to force some down to get it to break so everyone could sleep, has been physically attached to me and breastfeeding constantly and has had diarrhea all weekend to boot. She normally sucks her fingers to self sooth but she did it so much at the first day of daycare that a giant piece of skin has fallen off and it is causing her pain. It's been wrapped up in a band aid for the last 5 days and she is visibly distressed at not being able to self sooth.

Doctor says it's some random viral thing. I don't even know if we can blame daycare because both of us were sick with what we thought was a normal cold earlier in the week.

Parenthood really should come with a warning advisory. I'm at the point where I physically cannot carry her anymore without causing permanent injury and in pain every time she latches on.

I do not know how people with more than one kid do this. The cat was also sick for the last couple of days and that was already enough of a headache.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Leng posted:

Tried with no luck. :( I don't know whether it's cos she's too little to be able to imagine the concept or if she's too smart to fall for an obvious trick. I'll keep trying... :sigh:

In addition, she spiked a fever, resisted Panadol with righteous fury and betrayal when we had to force some down to get it to break so everyone could sleep, has been physically attached to me and breastfeeding constantly and has had diarrhea all weekend to boot. She normally sucks her fingers to self sooth but she did it so much at the first day of daycare that a giant piece of skin has fallen off and it is causing her pain. It's been wrapped up in a band aid for the last 5 days and she is visibly distressed at not being able to self sooth.

Doctor says it's some random viral thing. I don't even know if we can blame daycare because both of us were sick with what we thought was a normal cold earlier in the week.

Parenthood really should come with a warning advisory. I'm at the point where I physically cannot carry her anymore without causing permanent injury and in pain every time she latches on.

I do not know how people with more than one kid do this. The cat was also sick for the last couple of days and that was already enough of a headache.

I went to PM you, but you don’t have them enabled.

My bub is 15 months old, we’re in Aus too, but Brisbane.

Childcare is a Petri dish and if your little one hasn’t been exposed to much in the way of colds, it’s on the way. We started day care at 7 months and honestly, I think she had a cold every week or two.

She’s had hand foot and mouth, both strains, and various random fevers.

It sucks, and it’s anxiety inducing, but bub got through the other side, so did we. Sleep deprivation eases with time and naps when you can on a weekend.

Have you heard of the PANDA helpline? I had post natal anxiety pretty bad, and when my stress levels go up, anxiety is still how it manifests. I have called them when I feel like I am falling apart and don’t know where to start and they have, without exception, been excellent. It’s staffed by trained psychologists and they have great resources and can talk you through you’re feeling.

https://www.panda.org.au
tel:1300726306

Daycare is a time of transition and uncertainty, for everyone. For you, you are probably balancing a change in roles/responsibilities, the guilt/anxiety of leaving bub, and the associated worries of how bub will be in your absence.

I want to stress that you are not doing wrong by your daughter. If it’s not now, it will be kindergarten that she goes out into the world away from you. She will adapt, and so will you. There will be hard days, but they won’t last forever.

I get it. I have been a weepy mess on more than a handful of occasions. Now bub beats me to the door when she sees me put on my shoes and get her bag for day care, and she greets me with a cuddle and a grin at the end of the day.

Good luck.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

gvibes posted:

Yeah, the thought of taking little kids on a vacation is exhausting. Of course, now I have five kids ages six and under and have not been on a vacation since prior to the birth of the first one. Which also doesn’t seem ideal.

Just went on a vacation for four days, with the kids. The place we where at had loads of people to take care of and watch the kids but I still ended up feeling 100 years older.

Personally last year we spent four weeks at home and I have never had a better time. Just hanging out around the house, working on my hobbies and going to the beach, fairs, flea market, etc etc. just having a good relaxing time even with the kids around. Traveling stresses me the hell out. I also feel as if society and the media is putting a lot of pressure on you to be a traveling kind of person, you're bad and wrong if you don't like it.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jun 17, 2019

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Leng posted:

Ah, that's a shame. I know it's your job to worry and nothing I say will stop that, but try not to so much - it will all get better and easier (including the separation anxiety) over time. I'm sure you're doing a great job and you're absolutely not alone suffering these hardships and concerns, and yeah sometimes it seems like everything piles on at once. Just keep being there for her and doing your thing.

Regarding having more than one - on some levels obviously it's more work, but also they do occupy each other (particularly if they're close in age and generally get on), which can be a help. Plus you get the pleasure of seeing their interactions and the growth of a lifelong bond between them. :love:

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

His Divine Shadow posted:

Just went on a vacation for four days, with the kids. The place we where at had loads of people to take care of and watch the kids but I still ended up feeling 100 years older.

Personally last year we spent four weeks at home and I have never had a better time. Just hanging out around the house, working on my hobbies and going to the beach, fairs, flea market, etc etc. just having a good relaxing time even with the kids around. Traveling stresses me the hell out. I also feel as if society and the media is putting a lot of pressure on you to be a traveling kind of person, you're bad and wrong if you don't like it.
Like, how do you travel somewhere if 1) wife is still pumping and 2) the destination had no dishwasher (like the lovely cottage we bought). I’ve been taking the older kids solo, but...

By the way, most pointless brag ever - wife pumped 42 ounces in one session the other day, which may be a personal record.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

gvibes posted:

Like, how do you travel somewhere if 1) wife is still pumping and 2) the destination had no dishwasher (like the lovely cottage we bought). I’ve been taking the older kids solo, but...

By the way, most pointless brag ever - wife pumped 42 ounces in one session the other day, which may be a personal record.

Soap, water, and a bottle brush?

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Soap, water, and a bottle brush?

Uh yeah this. Plenty of people pump without having a dishwasher.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

gvibes posted:

I never put my pump parts or bottles in the dishwasher again after the first couple of times. Always had better success hand washed and dried on their own (I have a steamer just for drying purposes). I always still found a film in the bottles and parts after the dishwasher, even after long soaks and crazy scrubbing. I do hospital sterilization day to day so maybe I was just being extremely picky. Breastmilk is incredibly difficult to remove 100%. There is a brand of soap that I get at Target (not sure if carried anywhere else) called Dapple. It is beyond amazing. No other soaps marketed toward removing breastmilk worked. I was horribly obsessed with finding something that got the bottles and parts 100% clean and clearing up bottle nipple/ pacifier fog. That soap put a stop to a lot of late night scrubbing and frustration.

If it makes you feel better you can bring along a steamer. The baby industry likes to call them bottle sterilizers, but they don’t technically sterilize anything. It does give you extra help in cleaning though. Like I mentioned above, I love to use one for drying parts. The one I have dries everything fast.

Medela makes wipes for pump parts if you can’t get to a sink (if you’re out and about) but don’t bother. They don’t clean for poo poo.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Sarah posted:

If it makes you feel better you can bring along a steamer. The baby industry likes to call them bottle sterilizers, but they don’t technically sterilize anything. It does give you extra help in cleaning though. Like I mentioned above, I love to use one for drying parts. The one I have dries everything fast.
I don't know if this is the same thing you're referring to but we have been using the Medela quick-clean micro-steam bags and they're great. Put the bottle or pump bits in the bag (after rinsing with soap) along with a few ounces of water and throw it all in the microwave for 3 minutes. Like you said it's not sterilization but we prefer it to the dishwasher. Very lightweight for traveling too.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

femcastra posted:

(lots of good, Australian specific words of wisdom)

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Just keep being there for her and doing your thing.

Thanks guys. We turned a corner last night so she's on the mend. Hubby dropped her off at daycare this morning. I might go pick her up earlier today just to help alleviate the anxiety. Hopefully time will help!!

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
I wash pump parts and bottles by hand, seventh generation soap seems to be working just fine. I’ve only sterilized twice in two months by boiling for five minutes. You also don’t HAVE to wash stuff after every use as long as you follow milk storage guidelines, you can rinse pump parts and store them in the fridge for a few days. I’ve only done this a couple times when I was too tired to wash, otherwise things get washed right after use.

42 oz is crazy! I pumped 11 oz for my personal record and my boobs were ready to explode.

We were around a lot of people last weekend and my two month old got her first fever. She appears fine apart from being warm and extra fussy, we see the doctor tomorrow. She’s been totally attached to me, my husband has tried to help out by taking her but she cries like I’ve never heard her cry before and it breaks his heart because he feels like she doesn’t like him. Trying to let him know he’s not doing anything wrong, she just doesn’t feel good.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

gvibes posted:

:toot: Has she ever considered a career as a nursemaid? That should be enough milk for ten toddlers right there...

zingiber
Apr 14, 2019

gvibes posted:

I've been breastfeeding/pumping for 4 months and never used a dishwasher once because we don't have one.
We wash the bottles and supplies in very hot water with a bottle brush, then dry thoroughly with paper towels. They even make travel bottle brush/drying rack combinations if you're so inclined. Someone gave us one but we've never used it.

https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Tot-Dryi...898013546&psc=1

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Been forever and a day since I've posted on SA at all, but having returned, I want to share some good news about my son (he'll be 15 this year).

He's diagnosed with both autism and ADHD, and has always always always struggled with school. About three years ago, we moved about three hours west from where he was born, and the city we now live in has a private school dedicated to kids with autism, that was determined to be the best placement for him. So the city pays for tuition, and paid for transportation at first, since we were living in a house out of their bus range.

Before we moved, he had been held back one year already (repeated the fifth grade), was testing at a third grade reading level, and consistently getting Ds and Fs in pretty much every subject not PE. He especially struggled with math, consistently failing in that.

We had his final IEP meeting for the year about a month ago, and I got the news that after showing marked improvement, he's testing above grade level for reading. And I got his final eighth grade report card in the mail today. As in both reading and English in general, as well as PE. Cs in everything else.

After years of near to outright failing almost every subject, seeing that he's finally reached passing grade level work in every subject has been a massive relief with high school swiftly approaching.

kirsty
Apr 24, 2007
Too lazy and too broke

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Been forever and a day since I've posted on SA at all, but having returned, I want to share some good news about my son (he'll be 15 this year).

That's so awesome! Well done to all concerned!

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Twins are here a couple of weeks early so lots of time in the NICU while wife pumps and heals from csect at home.

Babes definitely like being held, little girl is a couple ounces ahead of the boy and is a little bit ahead in feeding.

We’ve been pumping every two hours but only one side is producing consistently. We are getting a decent amount overall.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Congratulations!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Congrats! I hope you have a good support system, the first six months are hell. Once you get past the first year it’s a lot of fun and really cool to see how different their personalities are.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How can se get out toddler to stop swallowing her toothpaste?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

hooah posted:

we have a game to see how loud ours can spit in the sink when we tell her, and we have her spit halfway through brushing,

on twins: our twins were hell up until recently, when they slept through the night, about 11 months. I'd also recommend a baby brezza formula pro, if/when you need to supplement.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

hooah posted:

Use toothpaste that you don't care if she swallows? That's what we did, and when she got older we "ran out" of the old stuff and switched to the "spicy" toothpaste that Mom and Dad use.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Use toothpaste that you don't care if she swallows? That's what we did, and when she got older we "ran out" of the old stuff and switched to the "spicy" toothpaste that Mom and Dad use.

I'm not really concerned about any health issues - hell, I swallowed my toothpaste well into middle school, from what I remember - it's more that halfway through there's not enough left in her mouth or on the toothbrush to finish well. I could reapply, but that seems wasteful.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

hooah posted:

I'm not really concerned about any health issues - hell, I swallowed my toothpaste well into middle school, from what I remember - it's more that halfway through there's not enough left in her mouth or on the toothbrush to finish well. I could reapply, but that seems wasteful.

AFAIK toothpaste isn't all that important for brushing. Even if she swallows it she'll still get the fluorine to her teeth and the mechanical action of the brush is what is important.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Toothpaste has an abrasive in it, so as a kid I never swallowed it for the same reason you don't want to swallow sand. In retrospect, I don't know what that reason is.

Wikipedia tells me that the Flouride in toothpaste can be toxic if you swallow too much of it, but since the dosage makes the poison, your kid will have to sit there and eat a year's worth of toothpaste in one go before they start having a problem.

So there is my reasoning to refute the *checks thread* exactly 0 people concerned about the issue.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

devmd01 posted:

Congrats! I hope you have a good support system, the first six months are hell. Once you get past the first year it’s a lot of fun and really cool to see how different their personalities are.

Lots of friends with twins and triplets and our neighbors just had their second kid in January. 3 of my really close friends are having kids in November, December, and January. I have a month off from work outside of FMLA and Paternity leave and my wife is taking at least 3 months off. Her parents will be helping us out a bit while she heals up from csect and afterward. My parents are pretty far away but I think they’ll come help out as well.

Not sleeping for the next forever will suck for sure but so far they aren’t super fussy babes so here’s hoping the home transition goes well.

*edit* Wife’s good friend that’s a twin mom is a school teacher and has the whole summer off. They’ll be helping us a bunch.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Renegret posted:

Toothpaste has an abrasive in it, so as a kid I never swallowed it for the same reason you don't want to swallow sand. In retrospect, I don't know what that reason is.

Wikipedia tells me that the Flouride in toothpaste can be toxic if you swallow too much of it, but since the dosage makes the poison, your kid will have to sit there and eat a year's worth of toothpaste in one go before they start having a problem.

So there is my reasoning to refute the *checks thread* exactly 0 people concerned about the issue.

To add to the reasons that nobody asked for: astronauts swallow their toothpaste, so if it's good enough for astronauts, it's good enough for me.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Any recommendations for using a wireless camera with an app for a baby monitor that would work over an intranet? We're going on vacation and the range of our regular monitor isn't that great and I'd like to be able to check on the kids while sitting on the dock. Bringing a router with us is no big deal and the range should be fine since we're not that far from the dock. There's like a 100 $40 cameras on Amazon that probably all use the exact same parts, but he'll if I can figure out which one to get.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Shyfted One posted:

Any recommendations for using a wireless camera with an app for a baby monitor that would work over an intranet? We're going on vacation and the range of our regular monitor isn't that great and I'd like to be able to check on the kids while sitting on the dock. Bringing a router with us is no big deal and the range should be fine since we're not that far from the dock. There's like a 100 $40 cameras on Amazon that probably all use the exact same parts, but he'll if I can figure out which one to get.

We ended up getting the Arlo baby camera and it works great. As far as intranet are you saying completely disconnected from the internet?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I have my husband sign into his google hangouts on our netbook and then do a video chat with my name to it on my celphone and then put the netbook in the room out of reach. :effort:
I guess that would only work if you have internet access at least for the netbook and cel service for the celphone.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

Alterian posted:

I have my husband sign into his google hangouts on our netbook and then do a video chat with my name to it on my celphone and then put the netbook in the room out of reach. :effort:

I have also done this, but with two phones on WiFi and phone holders. Works pretty good overall.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Got a six month old daughter now. Everything going well and I almost feel bad complaining about some tiredness because honestly the wife and I have had it pretty good so far- she’s sleeping pretty well at night, she’s feeding etc.

Just a couple of random questions-

When she gets excited and happy she sometimes screams a bit. Like not quite a squeal not quite a scream. It’s cute but when we are out we feel a bit self conscious about it and people looking at us. What’s a good way to try and get her to understand it’s wrong to be so loud while not like, punishing her for being happy :(

Also we are going on a small little beach trip an hours drive away. What first time parent holiday tips/ products do people recommend? We think we’ve got it down pat but I’m sure we will get there and realise...

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

teacup posted:

Got a six month old daughter now. Everything going well and I almost feel bad complaining about some tiredness because honestly the wife and I have had it pretty good so far- she’s sleeping pretty well at night, she’s feeding etc.

When she gets excited and happy she sometimes screams a bit. Like not quite a squeal not quite a scream. It’s cute but when we are out we feel a bit self conscious about it and people looking at us. What’s a good way to try and get her to understand it’s wrong to be so loud while not like, punishing her for being happy :(

Also we are going on a small little beach trip an hours drive away. What first time parent holiday tips/ products do people recommend? We think we’ve got it down pat but I’m sure we will get there and realise...

The squealing phase will pass (eventually).
Just grin and bear it. I find happily squealing babies adorable. And a six-month old is not going to understand how to regulate her voice no matter what you do.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

teacup posted:

You will forget something. Probably not something vital. But something. It's a right of passage of "taking a trip with the baby".

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I used to travel a ton for work. I pride myself on packing and creating lists to make sure I have everything. Last year my wife and I didn't forget one thing on a trip to a family lake house 3.5 hours away....no we forgot to bring both of the kids' luggage. That was an expensive Target trip

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I used to travel a ton for work. I pride myself on packing and creating lists to make sure I have everything. Last year my wife and I didn't forget one thing on a trip to a family lake house 3.5 hours away....no we forgot to bring both of the kids' luggage. That was an expensive Target trip

Planning vacations around the proximity of stores is key.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Posting this to try and find some guidance or solutions to help my girlfriend.

Her ex has custody of their kids from Sun-Wed. But he's been pulling these stunts where he just finds out when she's at work, and will come to her house and take her kids on days that aren't his. He will constantly lie and manipulate to get his way inside the house when she's not home, and convince the kids to come with him. Theyre 13 and 14.

Is there anyway she can get a restraining order to keep this guy away from her and her house?

We're in Texas, and I tried to read up on the County's family justice center's applications for protective orders, but it seems you can only apply if the person is physically abusing someone? Is that the only way to get a restraining order?

For what it's worth, she has been filing police reports everytime this bullshit happens. But we can't afford attorney fees so I'm just trying to find some help here as to what next steps we can take to find some legal help/

This guy is supposed to pick them up from the police station on his days from 2-2:30pm, and without fail he is either - always late, never shows, or makes an excuse Then he tries to pull this fkn stunt where he just abducts her kids basically from her house when he wants them. Everytime he does, my gf files a police report.

I'm just at my wit's end here as to what we can do. Anyone have some advice?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

teacup posted:

You gotta wait for it to pass—a 6mo old will not understand what is wrong or right nor any consequences. Basically she can’t understand not to do something, and won’t connect consequences to her actions. That will come at least six months later. At least.

As with people staring, have you seen people staring? Because either way, you got a baby and you gotta do what you gotta do. If you’re eating out and she’s being vocal then at your discretion take her outside, I wouldn’t take her to movies, but at the end of the day you have a life to live and she goes with you wherever you go. People either realize and understand this or they don’t, but most people will just shrug and chalk it up to normal life. It’s appropriate to take your kiddo places and baby doesn’t and can’t control what she does. Just be mindful of where it isn’t appropriate and you’ll be alright.

Dennis McClaren posted:

Posting this to try and find some guidance or solutions to help my girlfriend.

Her ex has custody of their kids from Sun-Wed. But he's been pulling these stunts where he just finds out when she's at work, and will come to her house and take her kids on days that aren't his. He will constantly lie and manipulate to get his way inside the house when she's not home, and convince the kids to come with him. Theyre 13 and 14.

Is there anyway she can get a restraining order to keep this guy away from her and her house?

We're in Texas, and I tried to read up on the County's family justice center's applications for protective orders, but it seems you can only apply if the person is physically abusing someone? Is that the only way to get a restraining order?

For what it's worth, she has been filing police reports everytime this bullshit happens. But we can't afford attorney fees so I'm just trying to find some help here as to what next steps we can take to find some legal help/

This guy is supposed to pick them up from the police station on his days from 2-2:30pm, and without fail he is either - always late, never shows, or makes an excuse Then he tries to pull this fkn stunt where he just abducts her kids basically from her house when he wants them. Everytime he does, my gf files a police report.

I'm just at my wit's end here as to what we can do. Anyone have some advice?

That’s a tough situation and I’m sorry y’all are going through it. I’m also from Texas and can’t offer legal advice, but if your GF has legal (court-ordered) custody of the kids on the days her ex is taking them without her consent, you should have recourse...but a lawyer would be your best bet. Scrape whatever money you have set aside and get yourself a lawyer ASAP. Only other thing to do is she takes the day off and tries to catch him in the act and calls the police? It’s essentially kidnapping, and the kids’ welfare and safety is paramount, else there wouldn’t be court-overseen custody issues like this. I guess one thing to take into account is even if she does take a day off and he doesn’t expect it, the kids probably shouldn’t see all that ensues, whether it’s her telling him to gtfo or their dad getting arrested. It’s better handled with a lawyer in my estimation, and I can’t stress enough that getting a lawyer might be the most important thing she can do right now—because it’s not okay for their dad to be doing that on days he doesn’t have the kids, and all the cops know is they are responding to something. He’s going to keep doing this poo poo until he gets slapped by a court order or goes to jail. Right now, sounds like he feels he can do it with no repercussion, so if there’s a court order he isn’t following, it should be easy enough for a lawyer to handle.

His lying and manipulation can’t be proven and really don’t matter to the courts. What does matter to the courts is what it says on paper and what he is doing that violates that.

Again, she really needs to get this taken care of because it’s about the safety of the kids and their emotional well/being. That’s worth the attorney fee and whatever y’all end up having to do to pay an attorney. Not much else she can do short of getting the court to enforce their ruling. How the gently caress does this guy get 4 out of 7 days with the kids?

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 24, 2019

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

teacup posted:

Take it as an opportunity to engage with random strangers! Babies are the greatest ice breaker ever. Chances are if you explain that she's happy because XYZ they'll relate their own tales. Or if you're too shy for that, engage in some public baby talking, e.g. "oh yes, that's a shiny red car, isn't that exciting?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
My kid is 7 months old, has been rolling back-to-front since he was 3 months, is starting to make crawling like motions and is sitting mostly without support and can sometimes do a wobbly stand briefly with only a steadying hand.

Yet, he still can't roll front-to-back properly. He's done it a few times accidentally but tends to starfish and yell when he rolls back-to-front but can't right himself in the night.

I know he's not going to be the adult that can't roll over, but this is getting a bit silly.

Tamarillo fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 24, 2019