Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

Checking this out now, you described it perfectly. Very bare bones euro power.
Another good way to describe them would just be to point out that the vocalist and guitarist also have a Gamma Ray tribute band. :v:

EDIT: Woops, page snype. Uhhhh BOLT THROWER.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
BOLT THROWER

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!
Ok I'm new here so I gotta ask...
What's with Bolt Thrower?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
BOLT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL19beIJSE0

THROWER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA55DqbGa0A

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Speaking of BOLT THROWER, last night I was at a Church of Misery show and met the guy who drew this:

He’s Dutch and was just in town for a short show of art he did for Baroness. Cool dude.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bolt Thrower

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Ambious posted:

Easily one of the best death metal bands in history and are supremely awesome human beings.

BOLT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gERIVNyjW1U
THROWER

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHJaAtQjYrY

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nordick posted:

One more release from yesterday: Merging Flare's second album. Real good power metal, has that Euro happiness to it but doesn't bother with any of that "orchestral" poo poo. Nice sharp guitar tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3PNMBN2JY

Haha, yeah - this is actually really good.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Ambious posted:

Bolt Thrower

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ambious posted:

Rad peeps, rad tunes, rad band. Not much left wanting, really. :rock:

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Henchman of Santa posted:

The new Slough Feg album has been out for two days but still isn’t on Spotify even though the single is. And for some reason track 9 isn’t streamable on Bandcamp. What the gently caress, Cruz del Sur?

We have the same issue currently, there is a delay getting their releases onto the digital outlets outside of bandcamp, no clue what the issue is, was told they would be available on Spotify / Apple platforms / Amazon very soon.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Nordick posted:

One more release from yesterday: Merging Flare's second album. Real good power metal, has that Euro happiness to it but doesn't bother with any of that "orchestral" poo poo. Nice sharp guitar tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3PNMBN2JY
Oh it's that Beast in Black guy's old band. Dude's a one-man power revival.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Siivola posted:

Oh it's that Beast in Black guy's old band. Dude's a one-man power revival.

....what? I am not aware of Anton Kabanen having ever been associated with this band in any way.

Anyways after a few listens, this second album is real good, but doesn't have such singularly brilliant standout tracks as on the debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTMnHkNf-Bk

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Snowy posted:

Speaking of BOLT THROWER, last night I was at a Church of Misery show and met the guy who drew this:

He’s Dutch and was just in town for a short show of art he did for Baroness. Cool dude.

I have that as a patch on one of my vests. It's one of my absolute favorite Ebay/Etsy finds.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Sorry, I got Kabanen and Kasperi Heikkinen confused. Heikkinen plays in both Beast and this band.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well I don't think the new Gloryhammer is as good as their second album, which would be hard because that one's fantastic all the way through, but it's good.

Ambious posted:

Like most goon things, started as a thread joke and became serious.

They were a good British death metal band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YkQXb9_gNY

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Well I don't think the new Gloryhammer is as good as their second album, which would be hard because that one's fantastic all the way through, but it's good.

I've seen this take elsewhere on the internet, and having discovered Gloryhammer with Terrorvortex, I don't see it. Can you explain further?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

BOLT THROWER

BOLT THROWER

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

I've listened through this at least twice at work now.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

black sabbath

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Dave Mustaine just announced he has throat cancer and is undergoing treatment. That sucks. :(

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Dave Mustaine just announced he has throat cancer and is undergoing treatment. That sucks. :(

That sucks so much, Dave is a giant rear end in a top hat but cancer is a bitch and i wouldnt wish it on anybody

Minto Took posted:

And gently caress you

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Minto Took posted:

It's just music.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Does that explain why his voice sounds so bad?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

watch your feet boys and girls, the old edgy somethingawful is bubbling through the floor of the metal thread

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

gross, I got douchebag on my shoes

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Dave is a pretty terrible person, but cancer is the absolute shits and I hope he beats it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

silvergoose posted:

I've seen this take elsewhere on the internet, and having discovered Gloryhammer with Terrorvortex, I don't see it. Can you explain further?

The second album has catchier tunes, changes up the tempo and style more (one similar song after another tend to blend together on #3), the second album uses the lead's voice talents better, and as far as far-future power metal cheese, the second album already did that. And there's basically nothing as good as Goblin King of the Darkstorm Galaxy on Terrorvortex.

It's all a matter of taste of course.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
dave is a petty bitter rear end in a top hat but the worst thing he's ever done is be rude to people no one in this thread has ever even met. a wife beater was posted a page ago so it's difficult for me to muster a lot of anger towards him for just being a dick, but you guys do you.

hope he gets better because he is the one who made me wanna play guitar back in my teens listening to rust in peace on a loop

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
actually cancer owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tihapp1PdYM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The man made Rust in Peace. His politics are bad but he's not a Nazi or a violent criminal so show some drat respect.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Sodomy Hussein posted:

The second album has catchier tunes, changes up the tempo and style more (one similar song after another tend to blend together on #3), the second album uses the lead's voice talents better, and as far as far-future power metal cheese, the second album already did that. And there's basically nothing as good as Goblin King of the Darkstorm Galaxy on Terrorvortex.

It's all a matter of taste of course.

Definitely a matter of taste, and I can't quite disagree about Goblin King. But my 4 year old will mutter "we are the hootsforce" at me so it's really hard to not love it.

How is 1992 far future?? :D

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The metal thread: a tale of two daves

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CornHolio posted:

Does that explain why his voice sounds so bad?

if anything an electrolarynx would improve his vocals

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

if anything an electrolarynx would improve his vocals

oh great, now he's going to sound like cynic

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can’t believe people, here in this thread, are being rude about Dave Mustaine. Here in this thread!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I took a picture with Dave Mustaine once, he seemed alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dimebags Brain posted:

I can’t believe people, here in this thread, are being rude about Dave Mustaine. Here in this thread!

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be disrespectful to Dave Mustaine?