Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

When did we learn about new BLU content in 5.1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

When did we learn about new BLU content in 5.1?

Yoshida mentioned it in one of the many recent interviews floating around when asked about blue mage.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 17, 2019

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

my kokoro wish is that with the level cap raised to 60 BLU is finally allowed into PotD and everyone around the world gets The Necromancer title

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I'm just waiting for BLUs Zurvan skill to be Soar.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Axle_Stukov posted:

It'll be Southern Cross. (You must run away from the mob after the cast bar goes off, too.)

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Axle_Stukov posted:

If this is the case Ill probably skip it

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

this game really falls apart when the lore can't stay consistent, like the two dudes in the gold saucer talking about how chocobos who don't perform well in races get put on the menu and the other guy exclaiming "that's why there's so much chicken on the menu!"

despite it being confirmed that chickens don't exist in eorzea and only exist in the first

koji will answer for his crimes

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vitamean posted:

this game really falls apart when the lore can't stay consistent, like the two dudes in the gold saucer talking about how chocobos who don't perform well in races get put on the menu and the other guy exclaiming "that's why there's so much chicken on the menu!"

despite it being confirmed that chickens don't exist in eorzea and only exist in the first

People occasionally call chocos horsebirds when I don't think horses exist in this setting.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cythereal posted:

People occasionally call chocos horsebirds when I don't think horses exist in this setting.
Horses exist but aren’t extant as draft animals in Eorzea. The Doman refugees coin “horsebird” which is also used in the east.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Vitamean posted:

wait, did Greg get enkidu from the first?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Both horses and chickens exist. Chicken breast and chicken eggs are both vendor items for low level culinarian. And there’s plenty of horses, both are extreme ponies and the ones in the Azim Steppe.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vitamean posted:

How could anyone forget Gilgamesh's loyal sidekick Enkidu?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

If anything gets pushed to 5.15 or so it'll probably be the Ishgard crafting thing so people can do the story before they have to login at 4am or whatever so they don't fall behind in rankings.

Nessus posted:

Horses exist but aren’t extant as draft animals in Eorzea. The Doman refugees coin “horsebird” which is also used in the east.

Yeah just recently I did some quest that I think was a Warrior job quest where I rode a horse around in the Azim Steppe.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1140665410754359296?s=09

edit so as not to double post: just got the black fat chocobo code and lmbo, it's for one character only instead of account-wide

Solovey fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 17, 2019

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"You can't be the warrior of darkness. You're from the west side of London. That's like.. the nice part of London." Is an amazing line.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What’s inside here.... is a Gamer.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

hobbesmaster posted:

This doesn't seem to be public? It said I was unauthorized

Forgot to tick a box under advanced share options, fixed. URL is still the same: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z9u96aJeGbpcn7RXTxW4c2xuUw2r2bQ4Q3oOlFN8Aks/edit?usp=sharing

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

What’s inside here.... is a Gamer.

This is still less cringy than some of the World of Warcraft commercials that have come out lately.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

perhaps you should take your chicken or the egg question directly to the source

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/400284584?t=00h48m42s

michael christopher "fernhalwes" koji fox answer for your crimes

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It turns out MCU Peter Parker plays FFXIV and he's mad that he came back after the snap to find that they'd demolished his beach mansion.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Solovey posted:

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1140665410754359296?s=09

edit so as not to double post: just got the black fat chocobo code and lmbo, it's for one character only instead of account-wide

Oh boy

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I can't speak for the Adders or Flames mounts, but the Storm Warsteed's description talks about the Grand Companies falling over themselves to buy horses from the uma bugyo.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Archyduchess posted:

I can't speak for the Adders or Flames mounts, but the Storm Warsteed's description talks about the Grand Companies falling over themselves to buy horses from the uma bugyo.

Nobody can speak for the adders and flames mounts since it requires 100 wins and we all know that's impossible.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

Nobody can speak for the adders and flames mounts since it requires 100 wins and we all know that's impossible.

I wish all these people talking about how adders and flames never win would queue up the same time as me.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So im still confused about this early access deal even though i was there for stormbloods. i got my copy through steam and got my pre order goodies, am i good to go, is it the other code that just says shadowbringers that doesnt work yet, or it it some other deal? Also am i screwed if i dont get this working before access starts?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Zoig posted:

So im still confused about this early access deal even though i was there for stormbloods. i got my copy through steam and got my pre order goodies, am i good to go, is it the other code that just says shadowbringers that doesnt work yet, or it it some other deal? Also am i screwed if i dont get this working before access starts?

You should be able to check your account status on Mog Station and it will say whether or not you have early access unlocked, but I don't think you can register the game proper yet.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Ah yes, there it is, looks like the steam preorder goods code covers it, thanks.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I dont think you can register the game proper until after it launches for everyone. You get a bit of a leeway time between early access and putting in your fullgame code if I remember right.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Axle_Stukov posted:

Which puts you into a QTE where you have to hit a skip button over and over. If you don’t, your character yells ‘I thought this was a farm party’ then disbands himself.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Early Access ends 11:59 PM PST July 5. As long as you register the actual game before then you're fine.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Nipponophile posted:

I wish all these people talking about how adders and flames never win would queue up the same time as me.

Don't look at me, I'm maelstrom and turn freelancer off.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Failboattootoot posted:

Don't look at me, I'm maelstrom and turn freelancer off.

It's me, I'm the sprout that shows up for the roulette, gets swept up trying to heal in this cacophony of cursing each other out and screaming, shrugs, and comes back tomorrow because EXP is EXP and Marks are Marks. Let the random internet people weep and curse, I still get what I want when I lose.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kurieg posted:

This is still less cringy than some of the World of Warcraft commercials that have come out lately.

I'm Mr T and this is my Night Elf Mohawk.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leal posted:

That was actually the only WoW ad I can remember seeing. I must have blocked the rest out.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

-cap yellow scrips for gathering to buy folklore right away
(you can probably do it for crafting too but it's less useful... I think)
-stock up on hi cordials, 100+, just to be safe

leveling gatherers is an efficient use of time if instance queues shut down but the world is still up!

you can also prep your challenge log entries, namely a few regional FATEs, but anything else that gives relevant exp you'll probably just take care of naturally during the weekend.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Does anyone happen to know if the black chocobo code is available if you buy a game card? it says "video games" but if I bought a 2 month game card to resub, would that count?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’d like to know too I’d buy a 20 dollar Nintendo card.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Leal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2_ueohYRhU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

HotBobaloo posted:

Does anyone happen to know if the black chocobo code is available if you buy a game card? it says "video games" but if I bought a 2 month game card to resub, would that count?

Yes, it tells you at checkout at the top of the page if your order is eligible for the chocobo and a 60 day time card does count.