Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There is big blue text that tells you if the item is eligible on the item page and also on any search pages

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this is still funny to me and i don't care who knows it

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

CYBEReris posted:

fates and dailies are fine as supplemental exp. with fates though aim to clear the challenge log entries instead of doing them for their own sake, that's where the payoff is.

Also at 46-50 the Saint Coinach leves in Mor Dhona are great for XP. I did them between AV runs back in ARR's hayday and when leveling up DRK/MCH and it's a not too bad at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vitamean posted:

this game really falls apart when the lore can't stay consistent, like the two dudes in the gold saucer talking about how chocobos who don't perform well in races get put on the menu and the other guy exclaiming "that's why there's so much chicken on the menu!"

despite it being confirmed that chickens don't exist in eorzea and only exist in the first

koji will answer for his crimes
The fat chocobo minion's description also talks about it eating chicken

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I pre-ordered Shadowbringers on Steam, where do I find all my various codes to register for early access and get my pre-order items?

edit: Nevermind, I got it!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

man this was a lot funnier than i was expecting it to be

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

This is my second favorite MMO commercial right next to EverQuest Online Adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CHG_To7Ag

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

HotBobaloo posted:

Does anyone happen to know if the black chocobo code is available if you buy a game card? it says "video games" but if I bought a 2 month game card to resub, would that count?

I bought a $25 8Bitdo SNES controller this morning and I haven't seen hide nor hair of a code in my inbox, for what that's worth.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Goal of getting all classes to 70 before expansion hits seems possible (63 Bard, 63 Machinist, 66 Black Mage left), but doubt I'll be able to push my Armorer (330), Tailor (300), and Goldsmith (320) to 390 desynth in time.

Anyone familiar with Stormblood launch know if required materials to craft everything in 71-75, 76-80, and the new housing stuff is put together before the patch actually hits? Would be handy to have so I can level gatherers through just gathering the materials needed.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

Goal of getting all classes to 70 before expansion hits seems possible (63 Bard, 63 Machinist, 66 Black Mage left), but doubt I'll be able to push my Armorer (330), Tailor (300), and Goldsmith (320) to 390 desynth in time.

Anyone familiar with Stormblood launch know if required materials to craft everything in 71-75, 76-80, and the new housing stuff is put together before the patch actually hits? Would be handy to have so I can level gatherers through just gathering the materials needed.

It might be data mined during the 24 hour down time but I wouldn't count on it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

It might be data mined during the 24 hour down time but I wouldn't count on it.

Crafting data like that usually takes a bit to get done. I remember it took a couple days after early access for the discovery of how SB's crafter leves let you level everything pretty quickly to propagate.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've got everything at 70 so I'm just trying to finish the last bits of MSQ I haven't been able to do. Then I'll polish off any leftover job and crafting quests with the time I have left, in-between running Frontlines/Feast for Garo stuff.

I really didn't have much time to work on collecting Scaevan gear, but at least I can cap poetics in preparation for filling out all those sets.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I may.....I may have to change from Highlander to elf boy. My inner Catholic cries out in guilt for representation. Also nobody plays them and it's nice to be different.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I won't Fantasia, but I'll almost certainly be getting a haircut. Been a while since Jandelaine paid me a visit.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I've been getting the urge to fantasia as well, but part of me knows I'll regret it and just pay again to change back quickly. I've just been a Swolelander since I started playing and it'd feel weird to not be my guy, even if part of me wants to try being a Lala or Cat. Kinda want to go BigCat or Bunny, but as a dedicated RDM I can't give up The Chapeau.

I wish there were more facial hair options for my Swolelander at least.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 17, 2019

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I've been getting the urge to change too after seeing some of the cooler Viera people around here made for the benchmark. Luckily I somehow have two Fantasias so I can always just change back if I change my mind. I never display helmets anyways, so it's not like that'll be a problem for me.

I'm still trying to decide between sticking with SAM, or going with RDM, DNC, or the new MCH for the story too. So many choices!

Givin posted:

This is my second favorite MMO commercial right next to EverQuest Online Adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CHG_To7Ag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OEw8qAoNT8

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 17, 2019

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is there a way to generate item links in game so you can try on hats on an hrothalt before fantasising?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I've been getting the urge to fantasia as well, but part of me knows I'll regret it and just pay again to change back quickly.
I'm pretty sure I have two free fantasia's so I can try things out and swap back.

Or, not change at all and let them sit there. Just like the other times.

I do have a retainer fantasia though so I can change one of them... And a viera would be fitting for the naming theme I have going on for them...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I said for the longest time that I was too attached to my character to ever fantasia but here we are now as I'm totally going to become a big lion man.

I think what helped is that Shadowbringer's premise let me make my own very loose headcanon. On the way to The First my interdimensional tour bus dropped me off at the wrong body and refused me service when I asked to go to the right stop. So I'm just in a lion man body now I guess sure why not.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Probably a question that's been answered somewhere else, but Reddit is annoying to try and find answers to poo poo on: what's the best way to grind out crafter levels when you've burnt through leves and crafter dailies? Is it worth it to get the completion bonus on everything in the crafting log, or should I just be slamming out ingots and rivets and other poo poo like that and throwing them on the market board to try and recoup the cost?

I've got CUL at 50, WVR at 44, CRP and BSM in the mid 30s, and everything else at least 15, so I figure I might as well start pushing to hit 50 on everything at the very least.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Probably a question that's been answered somewhere else, but Reddit is annoying to try and find answers to poo poo on: what's the best way to grind out crafter levels when you've burnt through leves and crafter dailies? Is it worth it to get the completion bonus on everything in the crafting log, or should I just be slamming out ingots and rivets and other poo poo like that and throwing them on the market board to try and recoup the cost?

I've got CUL at 50, WVR at 44, CRP and BSM in the mid 30s, and everything else at least 15, so I figure I might as well start pushing to hit 50 on everything at the very least.

The grand company supply/provisioning turn-ins give amazing EXP (especially for HQ), but they're only once per day so they only get you so far so fast. And you're too low for collectables I believe, so I'm not really sure you have any options other than straight grinding after leves are exhausted.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 17, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Is there a way to generate item links in game so you can try on hats on an hrothalt before fantasising?

Most things can be checked on mgs. People who have items can also link you.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cabbit posted:

I bought a $25 8Bitdo SNES controller this morning and I haven't seen hide nor hair of a code in my inbox, for what that's worth.

Says to wait a couple days for the email.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
gently caress it, Ishgard for life.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I will never not love that even though I'm playing as the generic human option, as a midlander I'm still actually in the minority.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mulva posted:

gently caress it, Ishgard for life.

Welcome to the French Giraffe Club, friend. Get ready to live the good life.

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice
I have considered using a Fantasia potion, but I have had the same character since ARR ( also a 1.0 import ). If I do use one, will I lose the 1.0 tattoo?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

bigmandan posted:

I have considered using a Fantasia potion, but I have had the same character since ARR ( also a 1.0 import ). If I do use one, will I lose the 1.0 tattoo?

Nope, your tattoo is safe.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I said for the longest time that I was too attached to my character to ever fantasia but here we are now as I'm totally going to become a big lion man.

I think what helped is that Shadowbringer's premise let me make my own very loose headcanon. On the way to The First my interdimensional tour bus dropped me off at the wrong body and refused me service when I asked to go to the right stop. So I'm just in a lion man body now I guess sure why not.

I'm just going to retcon my entire character's history because burly lion is going to be my new jam. I never really had a backstory in mind for my elezen, but my helion is going to be a retired captain of the guard who lost an eye in an imperial raid. He remained on as a tactician for some time before taking to travel in his later years, ending up in Eorzea. My main classes are likely to be GNB, SCH, SAM, RDM, and MCH.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I don't think I could ever bring myself to Fantasia, I've had my lalafell since ARR came around and I feel too much like she's a character in the world now. I used my free ones to do some minor facial/hair adjustments (hair before the stylist was added). I don't really ever even feel like I want to change race.

Also, lalafells have the best emotes.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Thundarr posted:

It turns out MCU Peter Parker plays FFXIV and he's mad that he came back after the snap to find that they'd demolished his beach mansion.
I love this. :allears: Also, mentioning that elsewhere lead to this exchange:

"Superheroes basically can't play MMOs in case a monster attack occurs while they're mid-raid"
"I mean, Tony Stark probably has his suit modded to just start up an ai to run raids for him when he has to fight"
"And then he gets mad when the AI gets more comms than he does"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yapping Eevee posted:

I love this. :allears: Also, mentioning that elsewhere lead to this exchange:

"Superheroes basically can't play MMOs in case a monster attack occurs while they're mid-raid"
"I mean, Tony Stark probably has his suit modded to just start up an ai to run raids for him when he has to fight"
"And then he gets mad when the AI gets more comms than he does"

Well. Not anymore he doesn't.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

Welcome to the French Giraffe Club, friend. Get ready to live the good life.

When I whipped out the low level monk and started doing some combos it was like I saw the face of god, the giant dork just flipping his limbs all around like he's trying to kill everyone else and himself. I made the right choice.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
talk me into/out of leveling bsm desynth while I wait on shad (and if it's into, tell me if I should just go ahead and do gsm and wvr or ltw alongside it)

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

thinking about checking out this game during some wow downtime, are all three of the us goon guilds/companies on the same server? what's the primary difference between them?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Minrad posted:

talk me into/out of leveling bsm desynth while I wait on shad (and if it's into, tell me if I should just go ahead and do gsm and wvr or ltw alongside it)

GSM alongside BSM would lock down most weapons while adding a lot of jewelry, and it's faster/cheaper to level. Might make some gil if you hit the ShB EX Primals a lot at launch

(but seriously don't level desynth, or at least hold off on 150+ since the higher Centurio cap will help)

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

also is there any reason i shouldn't buy the ff14 complete edition on steam? it has the base game and stormblood

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

sudo rm -rf posted:

thinking about checking out this game during some wow downtime, are all three of the us goon guilds/companies on the same server? what's the primary difference between them?

Yes. Most of our FCs are similar since there's been some migration between 'em. And really, you know, goons. TPT is probably the most newbie friendly with a stricter story spoiler policy, but all are chill and helpful.

sudo rm -rf posted:

also is there any reason i shouldn't buy the ff14 complete edition on steam? it has the base game and stormblood

Main drawback IIRC is being locked into game upgrades thru Steam only (which means no discounts from sellers that don't distribute Steam keys).

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

It really depends on if you can get the base game cheaper; each expansion gives you all previous expansions and a new expansion is dropping in less than two weeks. So it's not worth paying extra for Stormblood if you can just get Shadowbringers later and get Stormblood with it, as you surely won't exhaust all the base game content in that time. Plus if you decide the game isn't for you then you haven't paid any extra.

Basically I wouldn't pay for Stormblood now since Shadowbringers is so close, just get the base game and buy Shadowbringers later if you're enjoying it.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

isk posted:

GSM alongside BSM would lock down most weapons while adding a lot of jewelry, and it's faster/cheaper to level. Might make some gil if you hit the ShB EX Primals a lot at launch

(but seriously don't level desynth, or at least hold off on 150+ since the higher Centurio cap will help)

Yeah I love farming primals so that would be my primary incentive. Could also be really handy if/when the HW extremes start to be soloable.

I might just take the loving plunge and bail out the moment I sniff a range that's gonna sink me for more than like, a few million gil. It's not like I couldn't go back and level poo poo more later on... :shrug: