Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hadn’t actually seen the video of that before, wonderfully ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hadn’t actually seen the video of that before, wonderfully ridiculous.

I didn't realize his bit worked without the context, Scott even calls it out on his first appearance!

Also, Send Me an Angel was in a ton of movies from my childhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nFWfEmHa3I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUImM1-7DBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPVJzi7Ta9w

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah someone linked to a clip from Rad and I heard it in the background and I had to look it up. Somehow that track got by me in my youth, I don’t recall it at all.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
fuckin kids just discovering Real Life. Come on over to my house and check out my sweet 12" remix collection. RAZORMAID 4 LIFE

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Checked wiki, and they didn't seem to have released the track back in the UK which must be why it got by me. The boats must've been filled with Kylie and Jason Donovan records with no space for Real Life.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm going to have to watch this Aunt Becky BMX dancing movie.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm going to have to watch this Aunt Becky BMX dancing movie.

It takes place in a town where BMX racing is the most important thing in the world and the main character is named Cru. Rad is an outstanding movie but good luck finding it, it's never been officially released on DVD or blu-ray.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s on rarelust which is a really awesome archive of mostly stuff nobody really chases copyright claims on. I’ve had it in my collection for a while but not gotten around to it, but I have exceedingly high hopes.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s on rarelust which is a really awesome archive of mostly stuff nobody really chases copyright claims on. I’ve had it in my collection for a while but not gotten around to it, but I have exceedingly high hopes.

I've never heard of this site and it looks amazing. Thank you for mentioning it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Great PFT laughing today after Scott inadvertantly brings up the recent death of a guest's father.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Great PFT laughing today after Scott inadvertantly brings up the recent death of a guest's father.

Also the further development of yet another PFT character who is actively antagonistic to Scott, and with good reason. Scott just can't help himself I guess.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Sharks are attention whores.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Was weird for me that Silversun Pickups were on because the band had totally passed me by, but the past month I've suddenly been listening to Lazy Eye a hell of a lot (especially this Australian cover), well over a decade after it came out. I liked that you could tell from the little references that Brian is actually a listener, and I thought the pair played along well. Though I got the feeling that Nikki wasn't joking when she asked Scott to cut out the "kill yourself" riff.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This might be the meanest Scott has ever been to a character who didn't actively deserve it.

Chunky Bubbles deserves it, you guys.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Didn’t really care for the new Silversun Pickups songs even though I really like their first two albums a lot, but they were great as guests

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Was weird for me that Silversun Pickups were on because the band had totally passed me by, but the past month I've suddenly been listening to Lazy Eye a hell of a lot (especially this Australian cover), well over a decade after it came out. I liked that you could tell from the little references that Brian is actually a listener, and I thought the pair played along well. Though I got the feeling that Nikki wasn't joking when she asked Scott to cut out the "kill yourself" riff.
By coincidence, I also had the band pass me by but have been hooning Lazy Eye incessantly. It's like 1979 for those who were 18 in 2007.
I do not listen to Comedy Bang! Bang! nor usually peruse this thread.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
what is hoon

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Riptor posted:

what is hoon

Doing donuts in a Walmart parking lot

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

Doing donuts in a Walmart parking lot

Oh whipping a lovely?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

This might be the meanest Scott has ever been to a character who didn't actively deserve it.

Chunky Bubbles deserves it, you guys.

I listened to this last night having already seen these "another combative PFT character" posts and thought "This all seems pretty congenial, I don't get what people were talking about"

Then they came back from the second break and Scott suggested he commit suicide

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Lampsacus posted:

By coincidence, I also had the band pass me by but have been hooning Lazy Eye incessantly.

This is some Baader-Meinhof phenomenon poo poo.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

This is some Baader-Meinhof phenomenon poo poo.
Hell yeah! Especially with Youtube algorithms. I think Lazy Eye appeared a couple months ago on heaps of people's recommendations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Lmao Ego Nwodim is always great

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Consummate Professional posted:

Lmao Ego Nwodim is always great

I don't care for her "Booger King" character, but goddamn she knocked it out of the park today.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Is there any way on the stitcher premium desktop website to search for a specific episode? I'm trying to get Comedy Bang Bang ep 289 and don't want to click "keep loading episodes" like 45 times.

This stitcher website really is loving awful =S

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Lor posted:

Is there any way on the stitcher premium desktop website to search for a specific episode? I'm trying to get Comedy Bang Bang ep 289 and don't want to click "keep loading episodes" like 45 times.

I don't believe so. I just look them up on the app and save them and then go to the desktop when I'm doing that. It's dumb.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Lor posted:

Only thing you can do is search for it on Google and it'll take you to it on Stitcher. Their website really is truly awful.

ZorpZuppins
Nov 8, 2012
I started using this thing to get RSS feeds from stitcher for use in other programs, since both the website and the Android app are just unforgivably lovely.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

ZorpZuppins posted:

I started using this thing to get RSS feeds from stitcher for use in other programs, since both the website and the Android app are just unforgivably lovely.

Ooh yeah, I forgot about this. Now to grab all the stitcher feeds and add them to Pocketcasts!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
For anyone that misses Jerry Minor on CBB doing the Cyberthug takeovers: he just did one for Hortio Sanz's Hooray Show while Horatio is away in NYC.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hooray-show/id958823098?i=1000444827685

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Just listened to Monday’s episode, it was hilarious

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gino's "Thank God!" when Mr. Camp says he wants to ask someone out, and it's a teacher. Personal highlight.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Gino is a treasure.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gabrus was really good this week.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

You won’t be attracted to Lauryn hill because she was miseducated

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I was really worried where Carl Tart as OJ was going to go but it turned out to be very enjoyable. Ok, y'all take care now.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Florida got snubbed again, though it's more understandable with this shorter lineup.

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1156220332144939008

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Florida got snubbed again, though it's more understandable with this shorter lineup.

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1156220332144939008

Florida always gets snubbed when it comes to comedy and live performance. :(

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

drat it... I'm going to be in New Haven on August 22, and Providence on August 23. This is cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And you know if Florida doesn’t get skipped, it’ll be Tampa getting it leaving us down in the Miami metro still just as longing. Got to see Mike Birbiglia a few years back at least, and Mulaney too. Comedians who care about their fans - unlike the host of CBB, State Snubberman.