Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate him now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The bigger issue for me personally was FW devoting over 30 minutes to the Women's World Cup. I understand why but I just don't care, will be skipping through the next lot I think. I'd do the same if it was 30 minutes of continental football chat btw.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The bigger issue for me personally was FW devoting over 30 minutes to the Women's World Cup. I understand why but I just don't care, will be skipping through the next lot I think. I'd do the same if it was 30 minutes of continental football chat btw.

What else are they meant to talk about?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
An hour of epl transfer gossip

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

I’m fine with the women’s football chat but the ranting about inequity with the men’s game was very insufferable. Who would have expected female Somali footballers to have a worse experience than footballers in the men’s Premier League?!?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

There's some loving brokebrained posting ITT atm.

THE major tourney right now is the women's world cup.

OH MY GOD THEY'RE ON ABOUT WOMEN PLAYING FOOTBALL

Get a loving grip. Gigi, ffs, do the needful. Or don't, I'm done with this forum.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If someone wants to listen to an hour of journalists grasping at straws regarding transfers that will never happen and whatnot, that’s fine. It’s ok to have a bizarre opinion.

Is that what these guys normally talk about in the summer? I can’t imagine listening to that tbh.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Weavered posted:

I’m fine with the women’s football chat but the ranting about inequity with the men’s game was very insufferable. Who would have expected female Somali footballers to have a worse experience than footballers in the men’s Premier League?!?

Yeah who woulda thunk it. :thunk:

How tiresome for you. What a burden. Awww.

I've no problem with women, but...

I've no problem with blacks, but...

I've no problem with Jews, but...

I've no problem with Muslims, but...

gently caress you.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Gigi Galli posted:

Is that what these guys normally talk about in the summer? I can’t imagine listening to that tbh.

They normally take a break during the summer but since there's a major tournament on...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RideTheSpiral posted:

imagine being such a miserable oval office you cant enjoy max rushden

A BANTER merchant who played the CLARINET on Soccer AM once.

I love Max

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bundy posted:

gently caress you.

is this the greatest overreaction of all time

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Backdoor Delivery posted:

is this the greatest overreaction of all time

It’s Ninpo, he does this.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

If someone wants to listen to an hour of journalists grasping at straws regarding transfers that will never happen and whatnot, that’s fine. It’s ok to have a bizarre opinion.

They usually go away for the summer unless there’s a major tournament. They’re only still going right now because of the women’s World Cup.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bundy posted:

There's some loving brokebrained posting ITT atm.

THE major tourney right now is the women's world cup.

OH MY GOD THEY'RE ON ABOUT WOMEN PLAYING FOOTBALL

Get a loving grip. Gigi, ffs, do the needful. Or don't, I'm done with this forum.

My niece plays for Leicester Ladies and I know one of the Lionesses personally. Good luck to them. I just don't care, the same way I don't care about the championship. It's not a gender issue, it's a competition issue.

Nice meltdown though :thumbsup:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weavered posted:

Yeah wow. Thinking about equality between the sexes AND the races? Ugh, just insufferable

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Bundy posted:

gently caress you.

Wow nice loving meltdown.

Did actually read my post you quoted or listen to the podcast?

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

oliwan posted:

Yeah wow. Thinking about equality between the sexes AND the races? Ugh, just insufferable

Name a female Somalian player? The men’s Premier League, the most watched league in the world has more money. How is this so hard to understand. If you don’t like it, stop being a dick and try going to a match and putting some money in the game.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

they can talk about the africa cup of nations from next week too.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

My niece plays for Leicester Ladies and I know one of the Lionesses personally. Good luck to them. I just don't care, the same way I don't care about the championship. It's not a gender issue, it's a competition issue.

Some of my best friends wives are women

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress. I have to listen to Football Weekly later. I am being forced to listen to it. There is no alternative to listening to Football Weekly that is talking about something I’m not that interested in.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I know a black guy at work

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bundy posted:

gently caress you.

I love that you went from trying to post in fyad to becoming an epic care ukdnd poster in the span of like 5 minutes lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Bacon Terrorist posted:

imagine not caring about the championship

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks for the great opinion lads, please don't complain about the topics on the football podcasts such as "they are reporting on the football that is happening right now". I can't believe this is an issue in the loving podcast thread. Talk about how the hosts are unfunny cunts again! That was good!

julian assflange posted:

gently caress. I have to listen to Football Weekly later. I am being forced to listen to it. There is no alternative to listening to Football Weekly that is talking about something I’m not that interested in.

lol

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Some of my best friends are footballs.

I was wary of this recycled content from the archives The Ramble has started putting up but the letter from the school kid genuinely had me laughing out loud. Still a bit hit and miss, not sure how they're going to hack a daily episode on current showing.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I was so annoyed at the nations league semi final that I haven’t listened to any pods in two weeks. Now I’ve a fuckload of Rambles and FWs to listen to at work. Lars is awful, I agree.

I’ve enjoyed the WWC so enjoying the chat about it. I am bored to tears of VAR chat tho

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

britishbornandbread posted:

I’ve enjoyed the WWC so enjoying the chat about it. I am bored to tears of VAR chat tho

Just imagine how bad it will be next season.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm surprised anyone listens to out of date football podcasts to be honest, they have a very short shelf life.

Edit: I know I said about the ramble stuff but that is more highlights of daft stuff said rather than a panel hashing over the minor details of every ball kicked from weeks ago in fixtures you might not have even bothered watching had you the chance.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lars' voice is horrible, and so is his try-hard demeanor. He should not be doing podcasts.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dreading Thursday when another Football Weekly is out and I’ll have to listen to it. Bearing in mind that there is some content on it that I’m not interested in, it’s criminal that I otherwise have no way to avoid it completely or skip it. Mods?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I'm surprised anyone listens to out of date football podcasts to be honest, they have a very short shelf life.

You’re dead right about the shelf life. But i always enjoy people talking about football as long as they have a clue about what they’re discussing.

The best ofs by the Ramble are funny but they just remind me how fun the show uses to be before it took itself quite so seriously 😞

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Dreading Thursday when another Football Weekly is out and I’ll have to listen to it. Bearing in mind that there is some content on it that I’m not interested in, it’s criminal that I otherwise have no way to avoid it completely or skip it. Mods?

You have to listen to it. I’m sorry, to do otherwise is to be a terrorist.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The women’s wc games are on today and I’m afraid that I’ll have to watch. It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem real when you viddy them on the screen.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

in fitting with the current discussion on football intolerance, how poo poo Lars is, and podcasts in general lacking content to fit in an hour, i'm glad that Lars informed listeners of yesterday's football weekly that one thousand, four hundred and eighty-eight people have provided google reviews for the next venue of the carabou cup 1st round draw

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

an_mutt posted:

in fitting with the current discussion on football intolerance, how poo poo Lars is, and podcasts in general lacking content to fit in an hour, i'm glad that Lars informed listeners of yesterday's football weekly that one thousand, four hundred and eighty-eight people have provided google reviews for the next venue of the carabou cup 1st round draw

I heard that and wondered if he remotely had any clue what he'd just done.

Tim Stillman appearing was good, I didn't realize just how useful he'll be right now (with the Women's World Cup and the Copa America both on).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Lars is fine you idiots.

In other news I think I must have listened to the ramble for almost all of their 10 years. It was only the first year or so which I didn't remember.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Jippa posted:

Lars is fine you idiots.

He's bad

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seltzer posted:

He's bad

He really is

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice