Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also if you're up against opponents that are 100% unarmored a katana is clearly superior to the gladius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

colachute posted:

That’s the infantry. We arent good at what we do but we will for sure throw more bodies at it than you will.

For real some of the biggest gently caress ups I have ever met in my life were in the infantry. This guy is pretty standard even after taking his attempted mass shooting into account.

Off the top of my head one guy I served with is on trial for murdering a few people. One guy is in prison for child molestation. One guy just got out of prison after putting his wife in the hospital (still fuzzy on the details on this one though) Etc etc. and these were just the guys in my platoon I deployed with.

We didn’t fail this dude. He’s exactly what the infantry produces.

What ate to poo poo unit were you in? This guy looks like one of the guys that gets drummed out right away or harassed into going AWOL.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fat Macauly Culkin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FrozenVent posted:

You’re gonna have to be more precise.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Don't leave us hanging, what's the punch line?

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/community/vista-semanal/local/heavily-armed-man-allegedly-tried-to-enter-offutt-air-force-base

Marine home on leave rolls up to the gate with the following fear-and-loathing monologue in his truck:

quote:

two semi-automatic rifles, a pistol, a silencer, a bump stock, body armor and a case of ammunition

no word on uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, etc.

He got arrested, is currently being held in Hawaii. He was reportedly on a watch list and when he showed his ID they actually checked it and actually saw he was flagged so off he went. Apparently he displayed all of the qualities of a good marine:

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...se-in-nebraska/

quote:

In 2016, the Lincoln Police Department issued a caution about Alkazahg in 2016 claiming that the he was “dangerous, has an infatuation with guns and violent acts, and has a dislike for law enforcement,” the Omaha-World Herald reported. That message of caution was issued before Alkazahg enlisted in the Corps, the Omaha-World Herald reported.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 18, 2019

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The dude not only needlessly crossed an LDA/funnel, but did it in the most open and drag rear end way possible. He doesn’t use any cover/concealment after peeking at the door.

His gear is scuffed in a “gonna gently caress yourself over” kinda way not “e-8 gets mad” kinda way. People have posted about how hosed up it is already. And to any non mil or non combat dudes, it is some of the most hosed up poo poo I’ve ever seen. Like airsoft guys tend to just have unnecessary crap on top of what is somewhat functional or just kinda sub optimal. This guy had everything so wrong it would have been better to just have none of it.

He reloads like he’s never done it in a hurry before.

Dies immediately to a dude with a 9 mil handgun at the edge of his effective range.

Like I think this guy legit has some sort of learning disability if he couldn’t do the bare rear end minimum. I was an FO before the surge over a decade ago and I know this poo poo. Like this is basic training level poo poo he’s loving up.

Rest in piss you nazi incel dipshit.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

That dumb gently caress couldn't even get himself a dependapotamus.

All you have to do is say BAH three times and Megahn will be right there ok

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Richard Bong posted:

The dude not only needlessly crossed an LDA/funnel, but did it in the most open and drag rear end way possible. He doesn’t use any cover/concealment after peeking at the door.

His gear is scuffed in a “gonna gently caress yourself over” kinda way not “e-8 gets mad” kinda way. People have posted about how hosed up it is already. And to any non mil or non combat dudes, it is some of the most hosed up poo poo I’ve ever seen. Like airsoft guys tend to just have unnecessary crap on top of what is somewhat functional or just kinda sub optimal. This guy had everything so wrong it would have been better to just have none of it.

Dies immediately to a dude with a 9 mil handgun at the edge of his effective range.

Like I think this guy legit has some sort of learning disability if he couldn’t do the bare rear end minimum. I was an FO before the surge over a decade ago and I know this poo poo. Like this is basic training level poo poo he’s loving up.

If there is a hell, I'll see him there and shove him into the nearest locker for ya nbd.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Viva Miriya posted:

All you have to do is say BAH three times and Megahn will be right there ok

He got kicked out pretty quickly though?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Richard Bong posted:

He's not even holding it right if he was gonna reload. How's he supposed to drop the empty mag like that

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

He got kicked out pretty quickly though?

Almost 2 years in. He had enough time lol.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jarmak posted:

What ate to poo poo unit were you in? This guy looks like one of the guys that gets drummed out right away or harassed into going AWOL.

Coincidentally the people I mentioned were people I was in the 101st with (1-502 — You know, the unit that raped and murdered and lit on fire a little Iraqi girl).

The infantry is ate to poo poo. The reason we may not LOOK ate as poo poo is because there’s some CSM hovering somewhere. Take away SNCO pressure and guess what? You got this guy in first formation every day:

Obviously I’m talking about Hot Karl Marx though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Chichevache posted:

Fat Macauly Culkin

Skinny Haley Joel Osment.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Viva Miriya posted:

If there is a hell, I'll see him there and shove him into the nearest locker for ya nbd.

Please and thank you.

colachute posted:

Coincidentally the people I mentioned were people I was in the 101st with (1-502 — You know, the unit that raped and murdered and lit on fire a little Iraqi girl).

The infantry is ate to poo poo. The reason we may not LOOK ate as poo poo is because there’s some CSM hovering somewhere. Take away SNCO pressure and guess what? You got this guy in first formation every day:

Obviously I’m talking about Hot Karl Marx though.

I was in a RSTA squadron and our 11B platoon was not this hosed up. They were actually pretty competent. I think some of you guys were just in really lovely units.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Richard Bong posted:

Please and thank you.

I was in a RSTA squadron and our 11B platoon was not this hosed up. They were actually pretty competent. I think some of you guys were just in really lovely units.

And oddly enough I consider 1-502 to be the most not-hosed-up unit I was in but I don’t keep in contact with any of them except for one person because they were all hosed up people.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I don't think I will ever understand the UK.

https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1140909612276654080?s=20

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I cannot imagine the thought process that leads to that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

A Bad Poster posted:

Incels have smoother brains than the president

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

A Bad Poster posted:

Almost every Conservative party member is retired and rich as gently caress.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

colachute posted:

And oddly enough I consider 1-502 to be the most not-hosed-up unit I was in but I don’t keep in contact with any of them except for one person because they were all hosed up people.

Yeah that was not at all my experience in the 173rd: they were super professional, my fellow team leader had a law degree from Harvard and married the Michigan Sec. of State, we had a guy with a physics degree from Brown, and even though it had it's problems it was a pretty slick operation.

Even though my unit at the 101st (1-187) was full of violent, broken assholes they were at least very very good at their job.

And in all units it was always my experience the the infantry were the least hosed up parts of the unit. It was always the support units trying to rack up high scores in DUIs, rapes, etc. Though that may be biased and or just anecdotal statistical noise.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jarmak posted:

Yeah that was not at all my experience in the 173rd: they were super professional, my fellow team leader had a law degree from Harvard and married the Michigan Sec. of State, we had a guy with a physics degree from Brown, and even though it had it's problems it was a pretty slick operation.

Even though my unit at the 101st (1-187) was full of violent, broken assholes they were at least very very good at their job.

And in all units it was always my experience the the infantry were the least hosed up parts of the unit. It was always the support units trying to rack up high scores in DUIs, rapes, etc. Though that may be biased and or just anecdotal statistical noise.

Maybe mine is the anecdote and not the norm, but I think morale has a lot to do with it as well. All of the people I met that were ever in the 173rd thought it was great and I never really heard much about it.

Meanwhile my company at Campbell had an entire platoon just for people getting chaptered for drug offenses after we got back from Afghanistan.

Don’t get me wrong. These dudes could shoot and ruck but everything else? Nope, all hosed up.

E: now that I think about it all of my anecdotes are from after my deployment. And it was a rough one. So maybe this is more of a mental health issue than one of the unit being poo poo the way you’re thinking? I don’t know. poo poo, even I put a gun to my head at one point.

colachute fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 18, 2019

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Statistically infantry units are gonna be more violent and have more rapists than a lot of other units. Because they have more men.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1141021941815480320?s=21

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 18, 2019

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My experience with infantry was being armor and getting assigned to 2ID after being in 1-72 and hooooooly gently caress that did not make a good impression.

Then at Benning we got assigned an infantry battalion to our brigade. No one was impressed about it but they completely insulated us from any of their goings on so it didn't effect us, but we used to have herds of them report to us for extra duty when I was on staff duty. And when I was in the training room they sure did make the blotter report an interesting read.

Oh, and during live fire gunnery my tank nearly nailed a Bradley when some infantry cats decided itd be fun to cut across the gunnery range at night.

I'm not saying all infantry are gently caress ups, but my experiences with them have been... less than stellar.

Conversely the most impressive army dude I met was a former infantry now scout, so there you go.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

mlmp08 posted:

Statistically infantry units are gonna be more violent and have more rapists than a lot of other units. Because they have more men.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1141021941815480320?s=21

Now I know there's a lot to the stance that "America was never the good guys," but it sure was nice when we were at least less explicitly monstrous.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

My second unit was 1-72. I have never been more miserable in my entire life and I consider not signing a declination statement the worst decision I made while I was in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile Trump being a horrible corrupt nutless distractable moron might be paying unexpected dividends.

https://twitter.com/glcarlstrom/status/1140861232435662848

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Great

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Presidential as gently caress

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

colachute posted:

My second unit was 1-72. I have never been more miserable in my entire life and I consider not signing a declination statement the worst decision I made while I was in.

I take it you were there during the bad times of smashing every MOS into the one brigade, right? Those are dark times.

1-72 when it was straight tanker poo poo, especially under col Stevens had more three and four day weekends thanks to them magical donsas than we had 5 day work weeks. Friday ruck marches were rolling tanks down the road.

When they wanted the combined arms poo poo to come back that's when we got parted out to 2ID and everything just went to poo poo for everyone.

And then they separate everyone again after a couple of years and things get decent again, and then they just gently caress it up again because... Reasons? At least that's what the homesteaders and civilians used to tell me. and the cycle of misery continues ad nauseum.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Former Grunt- the Infantry I served with were iconoclastic alcoholic smart asses, but every one of them was more than proficient with soldier levels tasks- poo poo, adult things, like dressing ourselves competently- than the non-grunt units I dealt with.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fuckin' :laffo:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1141030684632539136

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I'm the tactical box cutter.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
he's from a very military family so I imagine if any of them are still in theyre not having a good day

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

More time slapping around his family.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

you don't mess with Lockheed.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Big wet baby is big, and wet.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of the SEALs who killed Logan Melger later hit on his widow.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh gently caress you

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Hexyflexy posted:

Almost every Conservative party member is retired and rich as gently caress.

If that was the case at least you could grudgingly accept that they're selfish assholes narrowly looking out for their own best interests.

But there aren't enough rich people in any country to form the basis of a democratic movement. Conservatives are competitive in elections because they draw in virulent racists who will gladly cut off their own nose if it means they get to stick it to minorities and foreigners.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The wealthy are and always have been good at convincing the slightly less poor to hate the poorest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What the gently caress is wrong with these dudes? I’m convinced the SEALs are only recruiting sociopaths given all the recent news about them.