Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mantis42 posted:

My nephew used to love Caillou and I completely understand the hatred.

He’s good in french :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Not exactly the right place to ask but it seems in the spirit of the thread and we’re all sick here: I recently finished cyrano’s Ghost thread and with it all the recaps of patriot fiction and right wing trash literature that I know of. The Bracken thread here, that retroism (?) civil war nonsense offsite, and, of course, the wonderful Left Behind recaps. Please tell me there’s untapped insanity in this genre!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pontius Pilate posted:

Not exactly the right place to ask but it seems in the spirit of the thread and we’re all sick here: I recently finished cyrano’s Ghost thread and with it all the recaps of patriot fiction and right wing trash literature that I know of. The Bracken thread here, that retroism (?) civil war nonsense offsite, and, of course, the wonderful Left Behind recaps. Please tell me there’s untapped insanity in this genre!

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/series/atlas-shrugged/

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Did he come back and finish that thread?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pontius Pilate posted:

that retroism (?) civil war nonsense offsite,

:frogon:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pontius Pilate posted:

I did a two-part thread about the Superhawks series by Mack Maloney. He started as just a regular pulp writer making a "Crimson Skies in the 1980s but with more tits and blood" series called Wingman full of crazy poo poo like C-5s turned into gunships and the KKK Air Force, and then 9/11 totally broke his brain. Superhawks is a series about a black ops organization with an unlimited budget to get revenge on 9/11 by killing every single Muslim terrorist possible, regardless of the collateral damage they cause.

One member of the team roid rages during a raid and starts firing grenades into passing buses, which nobody ever comments on or punishes him for. The main protagonist justifies killing women and children in a terrorist encampment because he needs to keep the kids from growing up to be terrorists. There's a moment toward the end of the first book where he seems to have an "Are we just as bad as them?" epiphany, only to turn it around and go "Yes, and we should be to get the revenge we deserve." It's one of the most virulently awful, racist things I've ever seen unironically put on Barnes & Noble shelves.

The series finally ends with them realizing that the only way to stop Islam from destroying the world is to dress themselves up as Muslims and infiltrate the religion to turn it peaceful from within.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

To: Altura Ct.
Jesus is returning and boy is he pissed.

4 posted on 6/12/2019, 8:55:31 AM by HighSierra5
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Aww, Jesus wanted to be a brony

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Judging from the internet I thought that MLP had always been about lesbian horses

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Pontius Pilate posted:

There is always more, and it is always worse.

I mean, just the way these guys further radicalize each other suggests that the genre won't go away for a very long time.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

The series finally ends with them realizing that the only way to stop Islam from destroying the world is to dress themselves up as Muslims and infiltrate the religion to turn it peaceful from within.

I hope it turns out that every other Muslim they had killed over the course of the series was also a deep cover Spec Ops guy with the same plan. Osama takes off his beard and its just Kid Rock.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mantis42 posted:

I hope it turns out that every other Muslim they had killed over the course of the series was also a deep cover Spec Ops guy with the same plan. Osama takes off his beard and its just Kid Rock.

I promise that it maintains maximum gross racism at all times.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

It’s on a weird forum, and the commentary isn’t quite as good as our brave goons and the left behind guy, but it’s batshit insane and a must read if you enjoy this nonsense (and we’re in the freep thread, we all do):

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/coiler-reads-victoria-a-novel-of-fourth-generation-what-the.360750/

Xiahou Dun posted:

Did he come back and finish that thread?

Nah, I just had never read it. Let’s go bug him about it in the milhist thread!

chitoryu12 posted:

I did a two-part thread about the Superhawks series by Mack Maloney. He started as just a regular pulp writer making a "Crimson Skies in the 1980s but with more tits and blood" series called Wingman full of crazy poo poo like C-5s turned into gunships and the KKK Air Force, and then 9/11 totally broke his brain. Superhawks is a series about a black ops organization with an unlimited budget to get revenge on 9/11 by killing every single Muslim terrorist possible, regardless of the collateral damage they cause.

One member of the team roid rages during a raid and starts firing grenades into passing buses, which nobody ever comments on or punishes him for. The main protagonist justifies killing women and children in a terrorist encampment because he needs to keep the kids from growing up to be terrorists. There's a moment toward the end of the first book where he seems to have an "Are we just as bad as them?" epiphany, only to turn it around and go "Yes, and we should be to get the revenge we deserve." It's one of the most virulently awful, racist things I've ever seen unironically put on Barnes & Noble shelves.

Yup, this sounds perfect. Thanks!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

There is always more, and it is always worse.

I mean, just the way these guys further radicalize each other suggests that the genre won't go away for a very long time.

Oh ya, I wasn’t afraid this well was going to dry up anytime soon, just the let’s reads of them. I haven’t stooped to reading this trash myself (yet)

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 17, 2019

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Buttigieg: ‘Why not’ start a first family in White House?

quote:

To: mdittmar
No matter how much semen he deposits in his partner, there will be no children.

3 posted on 6/16/2019, 6:28:56 PM by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents_Know Islam, No Peace-No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin
He referred to the other man as his “husband”. Maybe he’s the woman.

7 posted on 6/16/2019, 6:31:00 PM by DesertRhino (Dog is man's best friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up. ....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

This guy's whole campaign is about in-your-face homosexuality. He has nothing else to offer.
His whole reason for running for the highest office to promote his homosexual lifestyle. No focus on the economy or jobs, foreign policy or national security - you know the things that concern most people.

12 posted on 6/16/2019, 6:34:20 PM by Moorings

quote:

To: DesertRhino
Buttplug to me.
He’s a real nasty, mentally ill freak that brings shame to our country.

27 posted on 6/16/2019, 6:40:51 PM by redshawk (0pansy is a Liar and Hates.........he just hates!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

Perfect demonstration of The Handmaids Tale.

Buttgood will do a woman in the bed while his husband stands behind her monitoring to see the Buttgood doesn’t enjoy it and sharing the process.

Funny how the progressives think this will only happen with conservatives when they applaud it happening amongst themselves. Projection again.

41 posted on 6/16/2019, 6:51:18 PM by Skywise

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Freep: Gay sex is gross, let me describe in detail all the ways that it is gross

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Interesting how one of them seems to have watched “The Handmaid’s tale” though apparently just for the kinky sex.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Pontius Pilate posted:

Do you have a link to the threads on this here site?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pontius Pilate posted:

Bracken actually posts on freep all the time.

http://www.freerepublic.com/~TravisMcGee/

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Albino Squirrel posted:

Do you have a link to the threads on this here site?

Here’s Bracken’s Enemies Foreign and Domestic: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506161&perpage=40

And John Ringo’s Ghost: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3385144&perpage=40

Bonus! John Ross’s Unintended Consequences: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3054909&perpage=40

Enjoy.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 18, 2019

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

Freep: There are NO “lesbian ponies”.

I mean I wouldn't expect them to watch anything but Fox, but that show is littered with examples even if it hasn't been outright stated like this before.

Then again for them to actually notice it would have to be presented like the new She-Ra.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Just a heads up, Ringo's works contain a lot of really gross rape fantasies so you might want to give that one a pass if that's going to bother you.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's not just rape, there's also underage rape by the protagonist and hero of the series. It's incredibly hosed up.

Pontius Pilate posted:

It’s on a weird forum, and the commentary isn’t quite as good as our brave goons and the left behind guy, but it’s batshit insane and a must read if you enjoy this nonsense (and we’re in the freep thread, we all do):

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/coiler-reads-victoria-a-novel-of-fourth-generation-what-the.360750/

I am devouring this atm and holy poo poo is it crazy, I love it. Thanks for the link!

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Pontius Pilate posted:

Fun fact, the tvtropes page for this book is GIGANTIC, and treats the overtly white- and Christian-supremacist protagonists as sympathetic, unambiguous good guys. Every time a user comes along and is like "What the gently caress, why are we allowing this", a single user named IdumeanPatriot (who added the page and has the most edits on it by far) shows up and says "heh, well, maybe if you READ the BOOK you could DEBATE ME on its merits! Until you can prove you read it, you have no authority here! Whatever happened to tolerance of other viewpoints, huh?!" and so the mods refuse to do anything.

So, it's a 50/50 chance that it's just the author doing viral marketing on a very permissive platform, or just a very enthusiastic Freeper categorizing literally everything about a crappy white supremacist screed. I dunno which is worse.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Fathis Munk posted:

It's not just rape, there's also underage rape by the protagonist and hero of the series. It's incredibly hosed up.
And the book makes it super clear that he absolutely LOVES doing it because he's a hot blooded American MAN but he must fight these urges because he wants to be a good person.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Chapo Trap House has a few great segments on Ben Shapiro’s :911: masturbation novel which are compiled on youtube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FLVnzMBIY&t=3512s

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Fun fact, the tvtropes page for this book is GIGANTIC, and treats the overtly white- and Christian-supremacist protagonists as sympathetic, unambiguous good guys. Every time a user comes along and is like "What the gently caress, why are we allowing this", a single user named IdumeanPatriot (who added the page and has the most edits on it by far) shows up and says "heh, well, maybe if you READ the BOOK you could DEBATE ME on its merits! Until you can prove you read it, you have no authority here! Whatever happened to tolerance of other viewpoints, huh?!" and so the mods refuse to do anything.

So, it's a 50/50 chance that it's just the author doing viral marketing on a very permissive platform, or just a very enthusiastic Freeper categorizing literally everything about a crappy white supremacist screed. I dunno which is worse.

:tvtropes: is a thing for a reason.

Man I miss that thread.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Chapo Trap House has a few great segments on Ben Shapiro’s :911: masturbation novel which are compiled on youtube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FLVnzMBIY&t=3512s

Ben Shapiro wrote a novel?! :magical:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vriess posted:

:tvtropes: is a thing for a reason.

Man I miss that thread.

The TvTropes thread introduced me to such terrors as Pokégirls, and I still cringe at that almost a decade later.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

jojoinnit posted:

Ben Shapiro wrote a novel?! :magical:

It's about on par with Steven Segal's novel, if that gives you any idea.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ambitious Spider posted:

Sounds like a new thread for me...

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Ambitious Spider posted:

Same post and emoji but for him. Jesus, do I have some terrible reading to do?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jojoinnit posted:

Same post and emoji but for him. Jesus, do I have some terrible reading to do?

Here's an article on it. It sounds incredibly racist. It's like 5 different intertwining stories that includes a Detroit drug kingpin creating a pastiche of Black Lives Matter by staging the shooting of an unarmed teenager and a civil rights activist so he can take over Detroit through racial violence.

quote:

In the story, a police officer (who’d be rescued by Soledad later) is confronted by a black youth in an abandoned building. The boy challenges the officer (with that 70s “jive talk” Shapiro thinks is still in vogue) before whipping out a gun and pointing it at the officer. After several warnings, the officer fires and kills the boy. Later, he discovers the boy had a plastic gun.

In addition, it turns out Levon “hired” the boy and told him to point the plastic gun at a police officer while lambasting him. He even lies to the boy by stating the officer will never pull the trigger. Of course, the officer pulling the trigger was part of Levon’s plan and, like everything else with this story, the unintentional action of the officer fell into place.

The amazing part of this plan is that everything has to fall into place in order for it to work. The boy’s mother gets involved, the community gets involved, and Levon is there to take advantage of it.
Shapiro may have thought this was clever when he devised this; but it became increasingly unbelievable (and laughable) – even for a work of fiction.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If american-on-american racism gets to be too much, the book has helpful breaks to detail the thoughts of the arabic-speaking wahhabi al-qaeda terrorists colluding with Saddam in their very supportive home country, Iran

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Here's an article on it. It sounds incredibly racist. It's like 5 different intertwining stories that includes a Detroit drug kingpin creating a pastiche of Black Lives Matter by staging the shooting of an unarmed teenager and a civil rights activist so he can take over Detroit through racial violence.

Lmao until I read the quote I honestly thought you were summing up Seagals book. Dunno why I expected more from Shapiro (or less from Seagal).

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

The TvTropes thread introduced me to such terrors as Pokégirls, and I still cringe at that almost a decade later.

Do I even want to know?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I think you already know the answer to that question.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Minenfeld! posted:

Do I even want to know?

https://thefpl.us/episode/57

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Perhaps unsurprising, but this is worse than I imagined.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Just a heads up, Ringo's works contain a lot of really gross rape fantasies so you might want to give that one a pass if that's going to bother you.

Gonna be honest, I lost track of the subject of conversation and for a second I thought you had a really non-standard interpretation of "Octopus's Garden".

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

FEWER MILLENNIALS ACCEPTING OF LGBTQ PEOPLE, STUDY FINDS

quote:

To: namvolunteer
“My granddaughter is the opposite but is also totally straight.”

In my experience, women just don’t understand how horrible sodomy between males really is. They don’t see the terrible harm that is done.

3 posted on 6/24/2019, 11:41:42 PM by dsc (Our system of government cannot survive one-party control of communications.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dp0622
Nobody really cares about it when women do it.

It’s when men do it where there’s a HUGE problem.

It’s night and day, really. AIDS didn’t hit the males and avoid the females by accident.

Personally I make sure all my objections to homosexuality specify the male version, since for all intents and purposes that is the practice to complain about. IMO it’s no coincidence that Leviticus appears to have the same evaluation.

25 posted on 6/25/2019, 3:10:34 AM by thoughtomator (The Clinton Coup attempt was a worse attack on the USA than was 9/11)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ransomnote
I’m starting to think the global in-your-face LGBT movement is a CIA political operation

27 posted on 6/25/2019, 3:17:12 AM by PGR88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In my experience, women just don't have the extensive video evidence of sodomy between males that I do.