Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://youtu.be/gyNilOshV0c
The part with the boomerang
:vince:
e:
https://youtu.be/paosvuLRgFc
YOU COULD REFLECT THE LANCE!?!?!?!
:dogcited:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I only just started playing this game about a month ago. I've heard good things about the DLC sets, but should I beat the base game first before getting them? Does it make any difference?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lezard_valeth posted:

lol yeh it's bonkers. the parry system stays true to the others systems and like wise :psyduck:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Inu posted:

I only just started playing this game about a month ago. I've heard good things about the DLC sets, but should I beat the base game first before getting them? Does it make any difference?

If you know you're going to buy the DLC at some point, you should just get it right away.

It provides (hidden all around the world) a lot of gear that's useful/meaningful primarily in the main game. Still, you won't be able to do the DLC storyline until you've finished the main quest (except for dealing with the final boss).

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Seeing all those glitches again reminds me of this video and just how batshit insane Link must look to every one else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M

God I love this video.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Inu posted:

The armour included in it is mainly useful early on - you'll get better stuff with the same effects as you progress. So yes, pick up the DLC first off.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BexGu posted:

Seeing all those glitches again reminds me of this video and just how batshit insane Link must look to every one else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M

God I love this video.

What’s really crazy about this video is how I recognize every location perfectly.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
You guys are making me wanna pick this game up again. I never did buy that DLC... Master Mode still sounds like putting your dick in a vice from what I've heard, but the Sword Trials look interesting. And maybe the bike.

It's been a good year for gaming. I just finished 100%-ing the RE2 Remake and Son of Sparda difficulty on DMC5, along with a detour for the final Borderlands 2 DLC. And I still haven't even touched 40K: Mechanicus.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Master mode isnt too bad if youve played dark souls. Tho getting one shotted by a blue bokoblin because your not used to blocking or doing sick dodges yet isnt fun.

I like the new super loot platforms alot, i had to cryo my way up a waterfall for one and it felt good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've been playing since January and I still have no clue how to dodge or parry :negative:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Did you not do the incredibly clear tutorial in kakariko

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Iron Crowned posted:

I've been playing since January and I still have no clue how to dodge or parry :negative:

Have you found the training shrine yet? That won't let you out till you get it right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Amppelix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VhYzxC1KA

this was WELL into her run of the game.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Amppelix posted:

I really wish you could do this tutorial more than once. On my first playthrough, I button-mashed through it without really understanding what I was doing, and didn't twig to how useful shield parrying and flurry-rushing could be until significantly later.

And once I got the Hylian shield, much of my incentive to attempt parrying dropped off a cliff.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah it's insanely easy to say gently caress Kakariko and go literally anywhere else.

They should have made it so the first combat shrine you come across is the tutorial shrine.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lmao

I always wondered why this wasn't one of the shrines on the plateau.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Amppelix posted:

Probably, then I forgot about it

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Runcible Cat posted:

Have you found the training shrine yet? That won't let you out till you get it right.

I beat the game and all of the DLC, and did not know about this shrine :(

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

UltraRed posted:

Its looks like a normal combat shrine and since its right next to Kakariko Village you've probably done it without realizing it.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Is going to the lost woods after I beat the water divine beast too early?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Is going to the lost woods after I beat the water divine beast too early?

nothing is ever too early and also that is not enough information for us to know if you can accomplish everything in there yet

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

The Bloop posted:

nothing is ever too early and also that is not enough information for us to know if you can accomplish everything in there yet

I got like 6 to 7 hearts, 1/2 of another stamina wheel, a ton of weapons but no torch, some shields, a lot of uncooked stuff, and some korok seeds

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Try it. You'll know soon enough if you made a mistake.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bongo Bill posted:

Try it. You'll know soon enough if you made a mistake.

Pretty much. The first time I saw a Lynel, it was at the Lanyaru Gate, and I managed to sneak up and mount it, that was definitely a mistake

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

Pretty much. The first time I saw a Lynel, it was at the Lanyaru Gate, and I managed to sneak up and mount it, that was definitely a mistake

lmao

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Iron Crowned posted:

if you do the water shrine first and go there more-or-less right out the gate, that lynel is the hardest boss in the game. when you're fresh to the game, fighting that thing with three hearts and a smattering of shitball weapons is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do, so if you've cleared that it's all downhill from there.

no, it did not occur to me that i could just scavenge some arrows from the arena and run off without beating the lynel first, why do you ask

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That was the first lynel I encountered, and I managed to beat him with one heart remaining and literally every single one of my weapons and shields used up.

I had nothing left and I wasn't comfortable with being naked and alone in BotW yet so I loaded an earlier save and hosed off in the other direction

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Freaking Crumbum posted:

if you do the water shrine first and go there more-or-less right out the gate, that lynel is the hardest boss in the game. when you're fresh to the game, fighting that thing with three hearts and a smattering of shitball weapons is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do, so if you've cleared that it's all downhill from there.

no, it did not occur to me that i could just scavenge some arrows from the arena and run off without beating the lynel first, why do you ask

I just quit with the Vah Rutah quest after getting bombed by lightning arrows until I figured out you could just pick them out of the trees.

And just recently encountered the zebra Lynel trying to get some EX armor out of the coliseum ruins. I ended up sneaking in and out of there in great fear. I have killed the mountaintop Lynel in a previous playthrough but that guy is chump sauce compared to the white one.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

The Bloop posted:

That was the first lynel I encountered, and I managed to beat him with one heart remaining and literally every single one of my weapons and shields used up.

I had nothing left and I wasn't comfortable with being naked and alone in BotW yet so I loaded an earlier save and hosed off in the other direction

Imagine being an NPC in your first save file.

"This guy just showed up and beat the poo poo out of that lynel and then just... left. What an rear end in a top hat."

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

UltraRed posted:

BexGu posted:

Its looks like a normal combat shrine and since its right next to Kakariko Village you've probably done it without realizing it.

If you beat all the shrines then you must have done it at some point.

If you didn't you missed a prize for completing them all!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

more importantly, she had defeated 3 of the Divine Beasts including Thunderblight Ganon without knowing you could dodge or parry.

Later on in her playthrough she just charged right through Hyrule Castle casually parrying Guardian lasers while reading the chat

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

lezard_valeth posted:

oh, so *that's* where they put the obligatory phantom ganon tennis match, in the vah medoh fight
I need to replay this focusing more on parrying tbh

Freaking Crumbum posted:

The lynel on top of the mountain is bullshit. If not for the weapon durability system, I'd be able to kill him with copious backflipping, but I would keep running out of decent weapons and die. And then, if he sees you from a distance, he does attacks with the lightning arrows that I'm pretty sure no other lynel has, which have insane tracking. The only way to do it early is to put on the full shiekah set and grab the arrows while praying

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Blaziken386 posted:

oh, so *that's* where they put the obligatory phantom ganon tennis match, in the vah medoh fight
I need to replay this focusing more on parrying tbh

The lynel on top of the mountain is bullshit. If not for the weapon durability system, I'd be able to kill him with copious backflipping, but I would keep running out of decent weapons and die. And then, if he sees you from a distance, he does attacks with the lightning arrows that I'm pretty sure no other lynel has, which have insane tracking. The only way to do it early is to put on the full shiekah set and grab the arrows while praying

The coliseum Lynel has the lightning arrows for sure with the added bullshit of them clipping through roofs/floors

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I've had a random Lynel in west Hyrule shower me with lightning arrows too, when I ducked behind a low wall.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

What exactly happened there with thunderblight? At first I thought it was a parry, but on a second look they're doing a spin attack without getting hit or something?

jisforjosh posted:

The coliseum Lynel has the lightning arrows for sure with the added bullshit of them clipping through roofs/floors

I think they all do. Particularly, if you try to get cheesy with the environment.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All Lynels with shock arrows can perform artillery strikes.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

lezard_valeth posted:

Later on in her playthrough she just charged right through Hyrule Castle casually parrying Guardian lasers while reading the chat

i know steamers have to ham-up their persona for the donations, but i felt like her reaction in that video was 100% fake / forced. especially when she got to "YoU CaN BaCkFliP?!?!" while staring directly into her camera.

how have you made it (supposedly) that far and never done either a side-step or backflip, even by accident? are you playing the entire game without locking on to anything? have you never played a zelda game after LttP? have you never played any of the other action RPG games that have becomes massively popular (a la souls games)?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lezard_valeth posted:

lol what the gently caress. There's going to be poo poo to learn in this game probably after the sequel is out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i know steamers have to ham-up their persona for the donations, but i felt like her reaction in that video was 100% fake / forced. especially when she got to "YoU CaN BaCkFliP?!?!" while staring directly into her camera.

how have you made it (supposedly) that far and never done either a side-step or backflip, even by accident? are you playing the entire game without locking on to anything? have you never played a zelda game after LttP? have you never played any of the other action RPG games that have becomes massively popular (a la souls games)?

I kept not doing just because it was on X and I kept forgetting that was jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'll answer these questions for myself.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

how have you made it (supposedly) that far and never done either a side-step or backflip, even by accident?

:iiam:

Freaking Crumbum posted:

are you playing the entire game without locking on to anything?

Yes, I've only really just discovered it trying to fight Lynels

Freaking Crumbum posted:

have you never played a zelda game after LttP?

I have played the following Zeldas:

Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Phantom Hourglass, about 10 minutes of Ocarina of Time, Breath of the Wild.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

have you never played any of the other action RPG games that have becomes massively popular (a la souls games)?

Never