Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

In a post from a day before the attempted shooting, Clyde posted a picture of a sword, saying that he was a “gladius” about to “defend the modern Republic.

A sword without a sheath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

it is not clear if this picture is him or just something that he was posting at the time, but regardless: *grim lol*

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it is not clear if this picture is him or just something that he was posting at the time, but regardless: *grim lol*

The actual picture of him during the shooting is equally embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1140656385899814912?s=21

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 17, 2019

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

the photographer, who had 0 preparation, foreknowledge, or protection, who was presumably crying and pissing throughout the entire ordeal, got off more successful shots than the actual gunman

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Civilized Fishbot posted:

the photographer, who had 0 preparation, foreknowledge, or protection, who was presumably crying and pissing throughout the entire ordeal, got off more successful shots than the actual gunman

:owned:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Content warning: This is a video of the gunman approaching the entrance, apparently getting shot (although it's not really visible in the video). He then runs away and at the very end appears to fall down.

:nws: :nws:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFAAJFlo/status/1140660291778359298

:nws: :nws:

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 18, 2019

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

If you had shown me this picture with no context I would have assumed this was from The Office in an episode where Dwight took a drill for an active shooter situation too far or something :laffo:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wait did he get to the doorway, encounter someone else with a gun and then book it? lol

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Looked like someone was already shooting at him from down the sidewalk. A few bullets hit the wall before he runs. There have been a few shootings at courthouses so far so they tend to have some armed guards hanging around.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
pretty sure he got tagged at least once during that second round of shots when he broke cover in the parking lot. He didn't get up from where he went down there at the end.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
His waifu will be devastated.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

His waifu will be devastated.

his dakimakura will commit suicide by leaping into the washing machine, pouring an entire bottle of bleach over herself, and running herself through multiple wash cycles

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

All this picture is missing is a piece of Boba Fett's armor and nunchucks in his belt.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I get that he failed and is a joke, but still not a fan of posting video of his death. Certainly not without some warning.

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

You see that triangular shaped thing hanging off his belt on his right side?

Tactical gladius.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Discendo Vox posted:

I get that he failed and is a joke, but still not a fan of posting video of his death. Certainly not without some warning.

He doesn't even get hit in that video. He shoots and runs into the parking lot.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

... where he is then summarily backed over by Frank Drebin: Police Squad.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Discendo Vox posted:

I didn't realize that he fell at the end due to his wounds, I'll spoiler it and add a warning. Sorry.

Edit:
Spoiler didn't work, but nws did. Sorry again.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 18, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jojoinnit posted:

He actually probably does. If you watch the uncut video all the way to the end you see him falling behind a car, which is almost definitely from being shot. It's very normal for someone under adrenaline to suffer fatal gunshot wounds and continue running with little or no reaction for a surprisingly long period before they die. John Lennon's heart and left lung were basically pulped by Chapman's .38 (the doctors said that he could have been shot while on the table ready for surgery and it still wouldn't have been enough to save his life) but he still made it up the stairs to his apartment's reception desk and told the people inside that he'd been shot before collapsing.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
this nerd with his "gladius" defending the new republic, let me fukken tell you

this is what he was using, a 37$ made in China piece of mediocre as poo poo steel that isnt even a real gladius, just a machete

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
It doesn't even look like it'd make a very good machete.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
the loneliest lone gunman.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sperglord Firecock posted:

this is what he was using, a 37$ made in China piece of mediocre as poo poo steel that isnt even a real gladius, just a machete

Cold Steel is actually reputed for really good quality for their price. Their swords are made from 1055 carbon steel and made simply but well, so they're not these mastercraft swords with hand-folded blades but they're perfectly functional and lethal as long as you sharpen them. It's basically a good machete shaped like a sword.

Feinne posted:

It doesn't even look like it'd make a very good machete.

It makes an okay machete. Its shape isn't ideal but the blade itself is good and won't fly off when you swing at something.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Cold Steel is actually reputed for really good quality for their price. Their swords are made from 1055 carbon steel and made simply but well, so they're not these mastercraft swords with hand-folded blades but they're perfectly functional and lethal as long as you sharpen them. It's basically a good machete shaped like a sword.

It makes an okay machete. Its shape isn't ideal but the blade itself is good and won't fly off when you swing at something.

Oh cool good to know, I generally expect poo poo like this to be just showy nonsense.

I mean it still sort of is because you bought a machete in the shape of a sword. And not just any sword but the one literally called a penis.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Ok yes, for their cheap rear end price? Cold Steel isnt bad, but I handle a lot of very very good weapons so Cold Steel always feels cheap and gross to me compared to everything else I handle

It still does not detract from this lovely ROMAN CENTURION LARPer gently caress that bought a 37$ machete to DEFEND WESTERN CIVILIZATION and how loving lame that is

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I mean they're good compared to stuff like mall katanas at the same price. They're about as solid as a good machete and won't break on you. You could do a lot worse for strapping a sword to your belt to defend white supremacy in TYOOL 2019.

What he should have done was bought one of their $600 katanas instead.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Using a weapon trying to tap into a different weapon's symbolism as the defender of Roman civilization when said weapon is meant to be used in formation with large shields but you're all alone.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

'Kult of Athena?' Seriously? Athena would puke over this poo poo.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Ratoslov posted:

Also it should be Minerva.

And be fair she's definitely got one major characteristic in common with anyone who'd buy that thing.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Ratoslov posted:

It's a weapon warehouse I work at, plenty of other people sell this exact machete

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Feinne posted:

Also it should be Minerva.

And be fair she's definitely got one major characteristic in common with anyone who'd buy that thing.

This guy was a bit like Jupiter birthing Minerva.

His head exploded.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
the nerd sword chat

it's coming from within the thread!

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

predicto posted:

the nerd sword chat

it's coming from within the thread!

I mean yeah I work in a place where I am expected to know a lot about swords and poo poo and historical reenactment is a p big hobby of mine

I am in fact a giant loving weapons nerd although I like axes way more than swords

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I like how there's a link "show us your sword!". I hope the shooter sent them a picture of him with his.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is like the "I studied the blade" meme in real life.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*I sigh as I draw my gladius and get shot by the police*

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
He should have gone full BUDK. Cops would've realised he was white then.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

90s Cringe Rock posted:

He should have gone full BUDK. Cops would've realised he was white then.

Naw he attacked a courthouse. Cops are like ants they will do what is necessary to defend the hive.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://twitter.com/qanon76/status/1141018572023586816?s=21

Imagine watching that new garbo Sandler movie so you can find Q crumbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Friends Are Evil posted:

https://twitter.com/qanon76/status/1141018572023586816?s=21

Imagine watching that new garbo Sandler movie so you can find Q crumbs

I always knew the secrets of the universe would be hidden in cheap Adam Sandler comedies!