Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Has anyone made a joke yet about max landis and the term “helicopter parent” yet? If not I have one ready to go.

Oh did his dad or mum have a massive dong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

oldpainless posted:

Has anyone made a joke yet about max landis and the term “helicopter parent” yet? If not I have one ready to go.

No man go for it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

oldpainless posted:

Hope you can land it better than his father did.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pick posted:

This is dumb. Go to Enchanted Forest in Salem, Oregon, and you can have a way radder experience for $12 a head and you can heckle whatever teenager they're forcing to pretend he's abraham lincoln that year. Also the haunted house is legit scary as gently caress* and the longest I've waited for it wassssss about 20 seconds

* it's actually the most phenomenal exploitation of expectations set by bigger parks. nothing in the haunted house is actually automatic. they choose the most sadistic teen on staff to watch you on cctv and hit buttons as you go through the house to maximize how much it fucks with you. for this reason it is also never the same experience twice. you're dead sure you get a slam or a gust of wind when you trip the laser?... but no????.... or the skeleton does nothing until that split-second you give up and start turning away. anyway I had a friend who did it and it's incredibly effective

How could you post that here, in the funny pictures thread, and not post any funny pictures of Enchanted Forest? Are we to believe there are no funny pictures of the place?

It's like you're not even trying.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Neddy Seagoon posted:

THIs was better than my joke so pretend I made this joke

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Facebook Aunt posted:

How could you post that here, in the funny pictures thread, and not post any funny pictures of Enchanted Forest? Are we to believe there are no funny pictures of the place?

Ah, the witch's uvula.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I think it might crash and burn in the current atmosphere.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

bike tory posted:

Best racehorse name is Potoooooooo

I'm going to go with Batman: the Horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdPL6HflH3o

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1141199021236580352

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0wQzq9Yzg

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

*Ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JohY2YBRkgQ

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
At a beach in Spain:

A technically precise description, but probably not the message they wanted to convey.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haschel Cedricson posted:

For a long time my Facebook profile picture was of me heckling that Abraham Lincoln teen!

Were you a Portland Mercury writer because that article is perfect

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

What's even better is the pupils of her eyes are actually peepholes. You can get your arm through sometimes for some amusing arm-eye photos.

The "Indian Caves" is the star though, but I don't think you could get photos of it. It reeks of "this is a bad thing for children to play in". It's an unlit series of concrete tubes that is partially underground. Parents whack their heads in it all the time. Also there are structural supports you can run into; they wrap a towel around them sometimes to soften the blow.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thanks to you goons, you're reminding me that me & my friends need to plan a trip to Enchanted Forest this summer.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thanks to you goons, you're reminding me that me & my friends need to plan a trip to Enchanted Forest this summer.

I hope they still have the roller coaster-like device running. That thing was terrifying. On the level of* Paramount's Great America's Grizzly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grizzly)

Am I going to die? Gosh I sure hope so.

*On the level of Cali vs. Oregon

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
anyone have that picture of the guy in purple pants crying outside an apple store after steve jobs died?

i can't, for the life of me, find it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nut to Butt posted:

anyone have that picture of the guy in purple pants crying outside an apple store after steve jobs died?

i can't, for the life of me, find it.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

you're a saint, The Bloop

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

oldpainless posted:

That would be just plane wrong.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I often wonder if this guy is proud of this photo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

That reminds me, I am always available as an Enchanted Forest guide for anyone who needs one, I've taken a handful of goons there over the years. :toot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Skratchez posted:

I hope they still have the roller coaster-like device running. That thing was terrifying. On the level of* Paramount's Great America's Grizzly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grizzly)

Am I going to die? Gosh I sure hope so.

*On the level of Cali vs. Oregon

quote:

Back in the early 1990s, ACE (that's American Coaster Enthusiasts) published something called Guide to Ride. It was a listing of all the operating coasters at the time with pictures, information, park locations, you name it. It was basically a print version of rcdb.com before there even was such a thing. One of the coasters listed in that book was a freakish contraption called Ice Mountain Bobsleds at some park called Enchanted Forest. It looked odd. I wanted to ride it.

[...]

Check out those cars! Seriously, just look at that poo poo! Where have you seen anything like that before? Nowhere, that's where. This thing has one-of-a-kind written all over it and I am stoked.

I should probably explain a bit of history about this ride now. Back in the 80s, this was some sort of Alpine Slide. I have a feeling that it was kinda homemade, as the remnants of it are still clearly visible from this ride and it's unlike anything I'm familiar with in terms of Alpine Slides. For whatever reason, it didn't really work out like they wanted. So, a couple years later they came up with a plan to slap some track on it and make a coaster out of it. No, seriously. That's what they did. Sitting in a car on rails, though, makes you a lot taller than sitting on some sled on the ground, so they made the cars with lids on them to insure that you can't possibly stick your hand out anywhere. This is a good thing, because there are numerous times when those lids come within an inch or so of that mountain and the tunnels. Stick an arm out and lose it! Bonus: since you're basically locked into a little box, there's really no need for seat belts or anything like that. Where you gonna go, anyway? So you sit down on a padded rail on the floor of the car and they clamp the plastic lid down over your head and off you go.

it is still there and it is exactly the same

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

If you wouldn't be proud of that amazing hair curl I don't know what to tell you

Really though, people that deep in Apple aren't self-aware enough to be embarrassed about it.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Oh wow. That sounds worse than I remember.

It had a lovely view of a bunch of trees, thanks Oregon. Thoregon.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

bike tory posted:

Best racehorse name is Potoooooooo

You can't mention him without giving the story.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pick posted:

That reminds me, I am always available as an Enchanted Forest guide for anyone who needs one, I've taken a handful of goons there over the years. :toot:

I haven't been there since weed was legalized so I totally want to go there while :2bong: and see how bad of a trip I can have while on the rides.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

prayer group posted:

I'm not sure I ever want to know for certain if you made these up or not, to be honest. I'm happiest not knowing but believing.

Two are real but I'll keep which a secret to keep the magic alive for you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I bet it's his tinder photo

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Pick posted:

that thing is fuckin' painful to ride.

to this day I've still never actually been on the log flume though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/evandamaral/status/1141047452046376960

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That joke is pretty offensive though, people are bound to lose their heads.

For real though, John Landis should be in loving prison. Like father like son I guess.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

edit;

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

morallyobjected posted:

that thing is fuckin' painful to ride.

to this day I've still never actually been on the log flume though.

o yeah it's a spine-jangler

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/comrademork/status/1141120251352035339

https://twitter.com/wokestbloke/status/1140810155287728128

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

FreudianSlippers posted:

They should replace the horses with those creepy/adorable Boston Dynamics dog robots

I uh... I'm not sure I agree.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Ak Gara posted:

I uh... I'm not sure I agree.

Is... is the robo dog twerking at me?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Solar Tornado posted:

Is... is the robo dog twerking at me?

It's presenting. It's not necessarily sexual, but it has acknowledged you as superior.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

It's presenting. It's not necessarily sexual, but it has acknowledged you as superior.
I'll remember that interpretation for the next time somebody teabags me online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007