Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

what's the dumbest looking gunblade? in my opinion, it's hyperion, and I hope it gets added to the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I love it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's just a pistol with a blade glued to the end.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rhonne posted:

That's just a pistol with a blade glued to the end.

Which is completely accurate for Seifer, who's actually just a huge geek for gunblades.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Seifer holds it like he's trying to be a gangster about to cap someone. That gunblade is a perfect match for him.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Really want to see the Gordian, Tsukuyomi, and Suzaku weps for gbk/dnc.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Sadly there might not be Gordian/Midan GUN/DNC weapons. SAM and RDM don't have Allagan or High Allagan and actually only got Dreadwyrm when UCoB was added. Though I expect them to have Alexandrian weapons at launch because you can prestock tokens for those weapons, while with Dreadwyrm you couldn't do that and they probably wanted to save players from themselves going nuts farming t13 on day 1.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you don't glam the genji aiming set on DNC maybe you aren't trying hard enough

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I want to use the gunblade that is most gun over blade so I'm just tanking with the power of pistol whipping.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
On the other hand I’d strongly expect Ifrit chakrams/Garuda fans/Titan literal rocks, especially since they kinda occupy pretty basic design concepts like “on fire.”

Edit:

my buddy Superfly posted:

I want to use the gunblade that is most gun over blade so I'm just tanking with the power of pistol whipping.

Makai hand gunblade please.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

M.c.P posted:

Makai hand gunblade please.

Makai fingerguns please.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Just take the MCH guns and paste the DRK blade portion on the end of it. Vola. Instant best glams. A Gatling gun of bladeswords.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

M.c.P posted:

On the other hand I’d strongly expect Ifrit chakrams/Garuda fans/Titan literal rocks, especially since they kinda occupy pretty basic design concepts like “on fire”

I’m pretty sure the new jobs aren’t getting anything below 60. If they were they wouldn’t have been deconfirmed for ucob weapons as well as uwu because if you’re giving them pre 60 glams why not add the glow?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im really excited for new SMN. i never played it at 70 so i have no idea what it currently is like but it looks real neat now.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

queeb posted:

im really excited for new SMN. i never played it at 70 so i have no idea what it currently is like but it looks real neat now.

Imagine having a 1-2-3 rotation but it's 2 minutes long, relies on you caring how much time some abilities have left on cooldown, and includes loving Addle. That's 70 SMN.

I am extremely hype for new SMN

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I expect the Arr primal weapons to be there but nothing else, simply because they fill a important glamour niche and people would riot even more if they didn't include them. Its only like, 7-14 weapons per class anyways so maybe its not that bad.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Dissipation is for when you run out of aetherflow and you’re in the last 5% of a raid boss, so you have her hit all her buffs and then put two in the back of her head for more energy drains.

Every time I’ve done it for emergency healing output was a wipe anyway, it’s just usually not strong enough to save it.

I like minmaxing it for HUGE ADLOS just before a phase transition or something where I have nothing to do but resummon the fairy anyways.

Just thinkin about what to do with all those aetherflow now and drat am I gonna miss energy drain...

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Givin posted:

Just take the MCH guns and paste the DRK blade portion on the end of it. Vola. Instant best glams. A Gatling gun of bladeswords.

Makai Hellmortar

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Geddy Krueger posted:

Seifer holds it like he's trying to be a gangster about to cap someone. That gunblade is a perfect match for him.

Fun fact: Seifer holds his gun to mimic a knight in some crappy movie about a Sorceress.

And who was playing the role of the knight in said crappy movie?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Tommy Ten-Pixels

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Tommy Ten-Pixels

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am extremely excited to play Gunbreaker and be very bad at tanking on ShB launch. I would like to preemptively apologize to all groups I have for the first few days.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Tanking is super easy and will get easier in the coming weeks.

In dungeons:
Put on tank stance.
Throw out some aoes.
Use defensive abilities.

On bosses:
Put on tank stance.
Throw out some combos.
Use defensive abilities.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Not gonna lie, I paid extra for the deluxe edition specifically for the Revolver gunblade.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

Imagine having a 1-2-3 rotation but it's 2 minutes long, relies on you caring how much time some abilities have left on cooldown, and includes loving Addle. That's 70 SMN.

I am extremely hype for new SMN

I'm hype for SMN but I think it's going to get more complex and take more planning/timing based on what we're seeing. The large potency difference between Ruin III and Ruin II means that a SMN needs to take care when weaving or moving, as replacing too many IIIs with IIs will be a big damage loss. However, the player also has more control over Ruin IV procs (and they can now be stacked), which means the player wants to trigger them and save them for weaving/movement. This of course presents some difficulty that while Dreadwyrm Trance allows for easy weaving with instant cast Ruin IIIs, SMN can't weave Egi Assaults during Firebird Trance because Phoenix replaces the Egi. I haven't done a timeline, but I'm wondering if it's possible to line up Energy Drain/Aetherflow control so we can cram in 3-4 Festers and Energy Drain during Firebird Trance, because that'd be ideal. I also feel that having a demi-summon active more often along with the Ruin potency changes will make SMN less mobile.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I've been unable to google up any job story summaries, does any know of any? It'd be nice to find a summary better than reading through the job quest descriptions in the log for any jobs I boosted (dragoon, ninja) or just don't remember (summoner).

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
A....almost through new player hazing. I think I have 30 more post-ARR patch quests to do before Heavensward. The kind of lame part is my SAM is like level 57, so there goes any sense of progression for that whole expansion pack, I guess? I'm not even on a preferred world.

the_steve posted:

Not gonna lie, I paid extra for the deluxe edition specifically for the Revolver gunblade.

Is this still available? It's only in the deluxe? I don't really want anything else from that pack if I remember right...

Also, it's 10 extra bux, right? That's cheaper than if it was going to be in the cash shop, I'd reckon.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 19, 2019

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

FuzzySlippers posted:

I've been unable to google up any job story summaries, does any know of any? It'd be nice to find a summary better than reading through the job quest descriptions in the log for any jobs I boosted (dragoon, ninja) or just don't remember (summoner).

I don't fully recall ARR summoner other than hanging with Y'shtola's sister and learning the summons, but HW summoner is an Ascian messing with us, and us murdering the the hell outta them with Deathflare, and then SB is a supercomputer Summoner echo/memory trying to turn us into a Primal so it can use us as a Summon, and then we summon Bahamut on them. Summoner story is rad.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The way the Famitsu interview went, sounds like this is the last expansion. I hope not. I just got here. :ohdear:

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Finishing up the pre SHB story missions reminded me I also don't really remember poo poo about the Ascians/that side of the plot. We've been focused on Doma/Ala Migo for a long time. Listening to Mrhappy1227's summaries of old patch stories to help remember. His delivery isn't very good but at least he has the right amount of detail in his summaries (not too exhausting but not too breezy).

Firstborn posted:

The way the Famitsu interview went, sounds like this is the last expansion. I hope not. I just got here. :ohdear:

I don't think any MMO has ever just walked away from a thriving player base. I think they are still putting out EQ1 expansions.

Though it'd be interesting to see a company actually smoothly transition to a sequel instead of running the old game into the ground or put out only thinly related sequels. I'd happily pay new game price for the next sorta expansion to be on a new code base.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Firstborn posted:

There is a 0% chance that this is the last expansion

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
Speaking of catchup on story quests, how dense is the Stormblood stuff? I haven't played since maybe 4.1 and am wondering how long it'll take me to pop through the story content & how enjoyable I should expect it to be.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Yoshi has explicitly said that 5.0 is 80% through the Ascian arc, which lines up with them saying the main story is written up to 6.0. (Although I honestly expected only the Garlean arc to end in 6.0, not the Zodiark stuff.)

He's also said that the end of the Ascian arc is not the end of the game.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Firstborn posted:

This may be coming straight out of my rear end in a top hat, but I believe the story they have mapped out went up to what would probably be 6.0, which would be the next expansion. I imagine since the game isn't falling into the toilet they will probably build outwards and they have possibilities. Also we will go to the moon in 7.x, dattebayo

Nessus fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 19, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There are only 40 quests from 4.1-4.56, and I like a lot of them. I think the setup for the expansion is pretty abrupt though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Arist posted:

There are only 40 quests from 4.1-4.56, and I like a lot of them. I think the setup for the expansion is pretty abrupt though.
Yeah it seems like the next expansion is set up in the patch quests from the expansion before last. Which does mean, SHOULD THAT TREND HOLD TRUE, that we are in fact going to Garlic Town in 6.x

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't think any MMO has ever just walked away from a thriving player base. I think they are still putting out EQ1 expansions.

Though it'd be interesting to see a company actually smoothly transition to a sequel instead of running the old game into the ground or put out only thinly related sequels. I'd happily pay new game price for the next sorta expansion to be on a new code base.

Not exactly a sequel, but I really want to see what they do with the announced FFXI mobile remake. If they somehow manage to fix all the spaghetti code, modernize the UI, and let you keep using your old characters, I'll be mightily impressed. Granted, I'm not expecting that, but oh man, imagine if they pulled it off.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DizzyBum posted:

Not exactly a sequel, but I really want to see what they do with the announced FFXI mobile remake. If they somehow manage to fix all the spaghetti code, modernize the UI, and let you keep using your old characters, I'll be mightily impressed. Granted, I'm not expecting that, but oh man, imagine if they pulled it off.

I would love if it was just a single player story mode thing. I've always wanted to re-experience the story since I remember it so fondly, but :effort: at installing it for pc again.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Arist posted:

It's the weakest lead-in for sure and I very much have no enthusiasm for the story going into this expansion since all we know is we're gonna gently caress up some ascians and become the warrior of darkness. Which, the Ascians are dumb as gently caress (Solus excepted who is the hammiest ham since Caius Ballad) and I have no faith the WoD thing will turn out inteteresting. On the flipside, it's the expansion I am most enthusiastic for from a mechanics and feature list.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
6.0 is where the Warrior of Light will die for good, please enjoy the free Fantasia