Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also honestly I have a real hard time having any sympathy for a dude who, by his own account, started 90% of these fights. And for really stupid reasons.

If he wasn't a skinny weakling, dude probably would have murdered someone by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

i vomit kittens posted:

AITA for putting up a girl's name as the WIFI Name?

Okay, so honestly I have no idea whats going on here.

Why wouldnt he just say that he did like her but got over it?
Why would putting her name as the Wifi name be any sort of revenge?
Why would she get so angry about this? A little weirded out I understand, but 5 years on and still pissed?
Why would his current not girlfriend give two shits.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

chitoryu12 posted:

It's a hell of a dedication to trolling if it is. It's been going on for 7 months in various subreddits.

I remember years ago some throwaway account on reddit posted how she and her fiancé broke up after an argument when his dad passed. The OP described herself as a staunch feminist and hated the fiancé's dad cause he was sexist, had sexy lady calendars and a large car collection, and car culture was sexist, blah blah blah. When the dad died, fiancé inherited the cars and OP demanded he sell the cars and get rid of the rest of his belongings because it was all "misogynistic" to her. Long story short, fiancé dumps OP and throws a party, leaving the bitter feminist out in the rain.

While a lot of people used this as proof that all feminists were joyless man-hating harpies who could not stop injecting their politics into everything, other people called this story and woman fake. Mostly because of how over-the-top she was in calling eveything sexist and everyone she hated a shitlord, and how perfectly on-the-nose she gets screwed over in the end.

I bring up this story because despite the blatant fakeness of it all, the writer behind the story continued to use that throwaway account for years and chronicle their descent into being a rabid misandrist. The OP put forth gems like she was now a political lesbian, because all men rape and no woman could ever rape. So how could she, a woman, be assaulting her new girlfriend, under that logic. Raising boys was teaching them to be rapists, and so forth. The writer had maintained their troll account of feminist caricature for many years until the account either got deleted or banned. So don't underestimate people's dedication to the craft.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Giant_Pupils posted:

Ma'am, I don't think you understand. This guy hits everyone and everyone hits him. He does not discriminate when it comes to age, gender or creed. It's a little like "The Man who Sold the World" only replace "Sold" with "Got his rear end kicked by".

A mugging honestly seems to be an acceptable response from the woman after she was grabbed, kicked in the leg, thrown into a wall and then screamed at. Lol at everyone owning this manlet.

E: If you want a vision of the future, picture a manlet getting mugged, forever.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 20, 2019

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

cumshitter posted:

He may have money. I think what she's saying is that his Social Security income equals hers. Although if his Social Security income is equal to the income that a presumably unskilled and uneducated 20 year old makes then he probably wasn't a fantastic earner. Money gained through inheritance wouldn't affect that though.

Ceddit.com saved this one.

quote:

She was in my apartment and she attacked me for not letting her leave.

Pretty good reason to attack someone!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

A mugging honestly seems to be an acceptable response from the woman after she was grabbed, kicked in the leg, thrown into a wall and then screamed at. Lol at everyone owning this manlet.

I mean she did supposedly admit to setting him up for a robbery so attacking her is understandable, but this dude really should have learned 8 fights ago that he was gonna lose.

dudeness posted:

Pretty good reason to attack someone!

Specifically she said she was uncomfortable with continuing to date him after he tried to assault a groper in the parking lot and got his rear end beat, but he was drunk and tried to grab her by the arm when she left.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for withholding my husband's wage so he doesn't buy fast food and get fatter and fatter?

My husband and I are in our mid thirties, we've been married a year, together for 4ish and have a newborn son. I have another 15 year old son from a previous marriage. When we met he was overweight, but in a kind of cute/husky way. He overeats, a lot. We're now in obese territory and it's bothering me. A lot. I feel like I've exhausted all options: I cook healthy food, suggest we exercise together, etc. I'm a former ballet dancer and have "skinny genes", but of course, I watch what I eat and do yoga and dancing. After finding a mountain of fast food wrappers in his car and in the trash for the millionth time I announced that I was taking his wages. Here's some snippits from the conversation:

Him: How will I buy gas? Me: We'll fill up your tank together on Sundays But what if I get hungry? I'll pack you more healthy lunches I work really hard...I've earned that money. Yeah, man, think how much you'll save not buying 10 tacos every day.

I pack his lunch every day, he gets takeout on the way to work and on the way home every single day. I love this guy, I don't want him to feel poo poo. I've been married before, my first husband died when he was 30 from brain cancer, he never got to see his son grow up, I don't want that to happen again. He's on some medication for bipolar disorder, he blames that for his weight gain. But I just don't buy that because he eats sooooooo much crap. He also has some self esteem issues as he is a cop but had to take on different duties after getting diagnosed with mental illness. This happened just before we met and I supported him, he's been stoked becoming a dad and getting married. He's American and I am Australian so we do have some mild cultural clashes. I haven't told him I'm finding him unattractive but I am. It's unhealthy and gross. He's not interested in our finances, I pay all our bills out of our accounts and run the household, I also work full time but am on maternity leave with pay till September. Of course if he needs or wants anything that isn't food related I will buy it for him, I just feel I have to dish out some tough love here to help this drongo lose some weight. AITA?

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your advice. If it will help anyone sleep tonight I have handed myself over to the authorities and am writing this from prison. The hemlines on the uniform are all wrong for me but I'm just glad I'm off the streets. I'm being deported tomorrow and I think Margot Robbie should play me in the biopic.

Jokes aside, I opened myself up for judgement on the world wide web and that's what I've got. I read all the comments and I appreciate everyone's views and personal experiences.

I ended up speaking to my husband a couple of hours ago and I'm feeling a whole lot better. He doesn't think I'm an rear end in a top hat or an abuser and his opinion is the most important one. Xo

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

DemoneeHo posted:

I remember years ago some throwaway account on reddit posted how she and her fiancé broke up after an argument when his dad passed. The OP described herself as a staunch feminist and hated the fiancé's dad cause he was sexist, had sexy lady calendars and a large car collection, and car culture was sexist, blah blah blah. When the dad died, fiancé inherited the cars and OP demanded he sell the cars and get rid of the rest of his belongings because it was all "misogynistic" to her. Long story short, fiancé dumps OP and throws a party, leaving the bitter feminist out in the rain.

While a lot of people used this as proof that all feminists were joyless man-hating harpies who could not stop injecting their politics into everything, other people called this story and woman fake. Mostly because of how over-the-top she was in calling eveything sexist and everyone she hated a shitlord, and how perfectly on-the-nose she gets screwed over in the end.

I bring up this story because despite the blatant fakeness of it all, the writer behind the story continued to use that throwaway account for years and chronicle their descent into being a rabid misandrist. The OP put forth gems like she was now a political lesbian, because all men rape and no woman could ever rape. So how could she, a woman, be assaulting her new girlfriend, under that logic. Raising boys was teaching them to be rapists, and so forth. The writer had maintained their troll account of feminist caricature for many years until the account either got deleted or banned. So don't underestimate people's dedication to the craft.

I mean unless they came out later and admitted it was all a ruse, maybe it was just an actual lovely person

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I took one kid on a trip but not the other?

I just got a new position in my company that will require me to undergo 2 weeks of training in California. My family lived there for 5 or so years before moving to Texas in 2017. Both of my kids (15F and 21M) still have many friends there. They asked if they could come with me so they could visit friends that they haven't seen in a few years. I told them that I’d think about it.

I only want to take my daughter with me because my son has a part time job (20h/week at $8/hr) that he can use to buy his own plane ticket.

Here’s where I might be an a-hole. I’m allowed to take up to 3 guests on the company dime, so there is no difference between taking one or both kids. Also, my son has a $180/month car payment and we charge him $120/month for rent so making him pay for his own ticket might be financially tough on him.

quote:

Point I'm trying to make (although I haven't told him yet) is that he'd actually have some savings if he followed my suggestion of not going out to eat all the time.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

FiftySeven posted:

Why would she get so angry about this? A little weirded out I understand, but 5 years on and still pissed?

good new username idea
J.E.R.R.Y.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean she did supposedly admit to setting him up for a robbery so attacking her is understandable, but this dude really should have learned 8 fights ago that he was gonna lose.

Specifically she said she was uncomfortable with continuing to date him after he tried to assault a groper in the parking lot and got his rear end beat, but he was drunk and tried to grab her by the arm when she left.

Dude needs better judgement all around. I’m also not sure I’d wholeheartedly believe a narrator who always seems to have a reason to escalate things to violence about said reasons.

He’s either the unluckiest man in the world, or he’s the common element to why most or all of these situations turned out like they did.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

Dude needs better judgement all around. I’m also not sure I’d wholeheartedly believe a narrator who always seems to have a reason to escalate things to violence about said reasons.

He’s either the unluckiest man in the world, or he’s the common element to why most or all of these situations turned out like they did.

The common element seems to be that he's got insane anger management problems and will start screaming and punching anyone (even a 17-year-old girl) who does anything to make him mad and he's constantly drunk or abusing drugs, but he's also pathetically weak and doesn't know how to fight so he just gets the poo poo kicked out of him by literal children.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Do they make hallmark condolence cards that say "Sorry for loving you less"? If not you should get in on that untapped market

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Blade Runner posted:

I mean unless they came out later and admitted it was all a ruse, maybe it was just an actual lovely person

Asking someone to sell cars because cars are sexist is some goofball straw feminist poo poo.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Grape posted:

Asking someone to sell cars because cars are sexist is some goofball straw feminist poo poo.

Free yourself from the shackles of masculinity by selling me your classic car collection at 10% actual value

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

FiftySeven posted:

Because it's written by a 13 year old that changed some details to make people take it more seriously.

Read it assuming it's taking place over 6 months and it's in Jr high. Makes more sense then.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

welcome to hell posted:

An Affair to Remember... by labeanie

Long and pretty boring, but they have a second post:

Will a baby rekindle the lost spark in a marriage? by labeanie

yes absolutely a baby will magically fix everything. you and your husband will be so exhausted and cash-strapped that you'll forget all about not loving him and then love him. he certainly will not turn to another woman (again) while you are busy raising the lil screamer

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

God, my son clears at least $500 a month and pays $300 in shelter and transportation and he can't afford his own holidays??

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

there is no difference between taking one or both kids.
:thunk:

Also: How the gently caress is he going to save any money if he has $300/mo in base expenses and is likely only taking home about $440/mo? Unless his parents are paying for 100% of his gas, groceries, etc. I don't see how he's even surviving.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Me [35 M] with my friend [35 M]. Friend pinched my 3.5 year old daughter's nose for disciplinary reasons (or maybe as a reflex?); I proceeded to kick his family out of my home

quote:

We were having a nice BBQ at my house on fathers day, with my friend, his wife and their 2 young kids (3 and 2). We've known these folks for years, they are our best friends, and we have kids that are about the same age as theirs so we've grown even closer in the last few years.

At one point during the BBQ, my 3.5 year old daughter started banging on the water heater enclosure making a loud noise. I'm manning the grill, and my wife was talking to her friend, so my friend, went to see what was going on and proceeded to pick up my daughter. To this, my kid got upset and smacked my friend in the face. He responded to her attack by pinching her so hard on the nose that she started crying hysterically. As he brought her closer to me, I saw that she had a very noticeable red mark on her nose. I asked him to hand her to me, and told him, "that was way too hard, bro". I took my daughter inside to console her and sat on the couch trying to make her feel better. My wife came and sat next to me and I told her that I would like to be the one to make my daughter feel better as my daughter was very attached to me at the moment, so my wife rejoined the group.

After a couple of minutes with my kid, and me trying to make sense of what had happened, I grew very angry and resentful. I went outside and forcefully told the couple, "you need to go, now." No cursing, no yelling, just authoritatively giving a command. My friend made a pretty weak apology, and his wife said, "he's sorry he pinched you, but you shouldn't hit." To which I responded, "doesn't matter, she's only 3 years old." The couple then packed up their kids and their belongings and left my house.

Here are the issues I am contending with now

My wife is upset that I made a unilateral decision to kick them out. She agrees that what my friend did was wrong, but didn't like how I ended the BBQ. I think she's very concerned about the friendship, where I, quite honestly, am OK with ending it unless some serious amends occur.

Can the friendship be salvaged? I'm thinking my friend would need to apologize to me and my daughter, and we would have to set ground rules on correcting the behavior of our respective kids. Personally, I would never physically discipline any child that isn't mine, and I would be very cautious to even scold a child unless it was something very serious or dangerous.

Did I make the right decision kicking them out basically immediately after what transpired?

It was a very sucky thing to happen, especially on fathers day. I too would be sad if the friendship was over, but I'm the protector of my family. In my mind, something like this should never ever have happened.

TL;DR: Friend pinched daughter's nose for disciplinary reasons, or maybe as a reflex. I kicked him and family out of my house.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

WIBTA for declining an invitation to a wedding solely because of gift revealance?

quote:

Might made the title sound odd because you know, english... I have gotten an invite to a wedding, which I already accepted but am now thinking to decline, after I found out, the newlyweds will be revealing all the gifts from everyone to everyone. It is a tradition from a country where the groom is from (I was invited because of my connection with the bride). The wedding will be in our country where we do not have this tradition. Nevertheless the couple decided to follow this tradition on everyone, no matter which county they're from and who they're related with. The couple also stated they want nothing as gifts but money. I am pissed because they're being "give us money and then we'll tell everyone how much you gave", making it a competition on who will be more generous. Because of that, I am thinking to simply decline the invitation. WIBTA?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol we're sharing info on all gifts given, also no goods please just cash.

I'd think I'd gently caress right off from that too.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

gently caress that

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DemoneeHo posted:

Me [35 M] with my friend [35 M]. Friend pinched my 3.5 year old daughter's nose for disciplinary reasons (or maybe as a reflex?); I proceeded to kick his family out of my home

Jesus Christ NTA. Don’t ever touch anyone’s kids without their explicit permission let alone intentionally hurt a toddler. Dad exercised more restraint than I would have tbh.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Give them exactly three dollars

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

DemoneeHo posted:

My wife came and sat next to me and I told her that I would like to be the one to make my daughter feel better as my daughter was very attached to me at the moment, so my wife rejoined the group.

My wife is upset that I made a unilateral decision to kick them out.

That's what your wife is upset about?? Guy sounds like an rear end in a top hat in general, but not for kicking the friend out.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

WIBTA for declining an invitation to a wedding solely because of gift revealance?

Seed money is more beneficial for a newlywed couple than three copies of the same Quisinart or whatever random poo poo they accidentally fatfingered onto their wedding registry. Also, yes, it is a competition of generosity. Just throw the couple the ~$50 you were going to spend on a normal wedding gift and bring shame upon your ancestors as it is revealed before your peers that you are lacking in both wealth and honor. It’s not a tradition your culture gives a poo poo about, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

apologize to wife for making a unilateral decision, but stress that you found it completely unacceptable that a grown man would attack a child in her own home what the gently caress

friendship can be repaired but nose pincher needs to express full awareness and absolute humiliation that he got frustrated and hurt a child. completely incorrect and damaging parenting behavior. you can tell a three year old to knock it off or distract them away from the annoying activity very easily

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

my cultural gift of a turd wrapped in a 2 dollar bill

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sometimes I wonder which stories are the ones that were extremely detailed fetish fiction.

TIFU by giving my husband and kids a golden shower.!

quote:

So naturally this didn’t actually happen today, and this isn’t my story, but my coworker has given me permission to share her story in first-person as she doesn’t use reddit but this is an amazing fuckup. Here it goes.

My husband and our two kids (two boys aged 4 and 6) were on our way back from an amusement park nearby. We literally were there from open to almost close (10 A.M. to 8 P.M.), and of course, we had taken the interstate to get home as fast as possible. This is where our fuckup began.

What we had forgotten about, somehow, was that on this stretch of interstate close to our house, they are currently trying to extend two lanes into three. The traffic, even at this time of night, is almost at a dead stop because of construction. This was when I realized that I shouldn’t have drank four souvenir cups of soda without using the restroom... at the amusement park.

So now, we are in traffic, and it’s at a dead stop. I turn to my husband and tell him I have to pee; to which he replies that we can’t stop because the shoulders are closed during construction. I started to panic; realizing I was going to piss my pants. That is, until, I realized my kids had empty McDonald’s cup.

I reach back and grab one, and at this point the traffic had cleared, but we still are 20 minutes away from home, and we live in a rural area, so there’s no where to stop, and the construction goes all the way up to our exit. I finally make the decision to piss in the cup, to my husband’s horror.

I took the top off of the cup, and dumped the rest of the soda out of the window. The wind whipped it against the car, but didn’t hit me or the kids. If it had, we may not be here today.

I wiggles out of my shorts and got the cup down there, sliding over the edge of my seat so that I could piss. I relieved myself at an awkward angle; until I realized... poo poo. I’m going to overflow the cup.

Before I did so, panicking, I lifted the cup up, prepared to poor that out the window too. This was my gently caress up. My awful gently caress up. You see, I thought the piss would go out just like the soda. I didn’t, however, realize that now my hand was at a different angle, and we were going much, much faster than before.

I felt the piss mist immediately hit me in my face. My husband automatically started groaning, and my kids immediately started screaming. My oldest asked, ‘Mommy, what was that?!’ And all I could do was look at him and say ‘Buddy, I am so sorry’. Still, I had to piss. I went for round two with the cup as my husband laughed and cried, and my youngest started bawling. He actually got the brunt of it because he was right behind my chair.

This time I wasn’t going to throw it out the window, but my husband told me to do it because it might spill in the car and make everything worse. He told me to throw it out in the BACK of the window this time.

I did it again. Everyone got a second golden shower. My oldest thinks it’s hilarious and the youngest doesn’t remember. I know I am disgusting and I have learned my lesson.

TL;DR I drank too much soda at an amusement park, pissed in a cup in the car, tried to toss piss out the window, sprayed my whole family.

Edit: I know, I accidentally put a period and an exclamation mark. Mobile post and I can’t edit the title :) Also thank you for the gold!!!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for jokingly comparing my dad to Hitler?

Last night at dinner my mom told my wife the following, with some paraphrasing for clarification: "You know, even though our son didn't have the best father growing up, you should still thank us because your husband wouldn't exist without us."

​To which I answered: "You should also thank Hitler since without him my Jewish grandparents would have never met."

​My mom, who is the daughter of said holocaust survivors, didn't appreciate my comment and called me an Idiot.

​My mom's comment didn't come out of nowhere. For the last two weeks my family, wife and 2 young sons, have been road tripping with my parents all over the US. They came to visit us from a different country. At some point last week my 9 yo had a meltdown in a restaurant that required me to take him outside where he could play out his tantrum. Being familiar with my son, I know there is no reasoning with him when he is that wound up and that he just needed to calm down on his own terms. My dad felt it was necessary to comment that his kids (aka me and my siblings) would never behave that way because of the way he raised us, implying that I'm parenting wrong.

​That opened up Pandora's box which I was trying very hard, for the better part of the trip, to keep shut.

​My dad was an awful father. He constantly threatened us with physical violence and some times he would hit us over the stupidest poo poo. He was extremely controlling and made us feel like we can't do anything without him. In addition to all that, he was, and still is at times, verbally abusive to my mother. I still vividly remember him smashing a plate of food on the floor that my mom served him because he was upset about what he was being served. He is correct that I would never act like my 9 yo. Because I was afraid of him. but at the same time, I hated my dad most of my childhood. I didn't love my dad and still struggle with it some days. I love my kids and the relationship we have which is built upon mutual respect.

​In my mind, my mom implying that my dad is not so bad because he made me is the same as saying that we should thank Hitler since I would never have existed without his actions.

​Am I an rear end in a top hat?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

chitoryu12 posted:

It's still there but trying to access the link through mobile seems to have issues. Just in case I'll repost his new stories in chronological order here so they'll be preserved:

I got robbed and beat up this morning while picking up.

How to avoid being beaten up with no BJJ training?

A girl can take a guy down fairly easily if she gets the right hold on you.

My tinder date from a few nights back assaulted me and now she’s trying to blackmail me, what do I do here?

Should I try cocaine just once?

I want my kid back.

I am lost now. Reddit once loved me and now they hate me.

My friend sent me to dealers that robbed me and beat me up basically leaving me for dead and when I confronted her about it and tried to go back through her she beat me up and robbed me as well.

Am I into choking?

I got fired but I really want my job back.

I took three tabs of LSD and I had the worst trip of my life.

I can not gain weight no matter how much I eat.

Bukowski reincarnated

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Pretend I just bolded the whole thing because drat
AITA for thinking my (30f) bf (28m) is being unreasonable in regards to sex?

quote:

Bf and I have been having relationship problems. For him, he says it all boils down to sex. He has a very high drive and mine is low. He argues if the sex is good, then all the other relationship problems will fix themselves. He struggles with it and it's affecting his ability to function. I 100% agree. He's almost a completely different person when he's struggling. In the pst, I made promises to go out of my way to be more intimate/attractive, but those plans usually derail as I feel like I'm being fake or pressured into something I want to enjoy (I'm definitely TA here for promising then not delivering).

He takes care of our 4 month old and I greatly appreciate that. It's a load off my mind knowing she doesnt have to go to a daycare and she's with him. That's how the responsibilities are split. He takes care of the dog while I'm at work and the child pretty much 90% of the time while I work full time and do basic housekeeping (shopping, laundry, light cleaning, dishes, etc) when I get back.

The relationship was better when we were more of a teasing/flirty couple rather than playing a bickering "You make the effort first" "No, you make the effort first" game. I know dynamics have changed since our kid was born, and it's an adjustment. But sometimes, he feels like more of a boss. I'm sure to him, I seem like a burden and argument waiting to happen. Neither one of those things are turn ons for us. I know I can be bitchy and petty at times (especially when it comes to sex), so I'm not saying I'm the saint here.

We had a DTR conversation to lay our cards on the table. He told me we needed to work on our bedroom issues (1 by me being more intimate & 2 by opening the relationship). I said I would not make any issues if he wanted to open his side of the relationship with ground rules. With my mental state and anxiety right now, I have a hard time just switching into sex mode and he's suffering from it. I also told him if he wanted me to be more intimate, he could help me by boosting my confidence (stop with lowkey insults and being bossy) and helping out around the house so I'm not constantly thinking about what I have to do next. To which, he pretty much said he's made as much of an effort as he's going to because he doesnt want to have to "earn" sex. As for the confidence, I should just lose weight (which I struggle with). Basically, for him, it's all on me.

As the conversation progressed, he started saying I needed to find him women since I'm more social and engaging, and I needed to be okay with participating as well. I am 100% not okay with lining women up at the door to f him, nor am I okay with feeling like I need to save the relationship by engaging in a threesome. If that happens, I'm not adverse to it, but it would def be starting off on the wrong foot by saying I need to be involved. He says if I want to fix things, I need to help him with this. He used to be more understanding and helpful, but now I think he's being unreasonable. AITA?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for jokingly comparing my dad to Hitler?

Last night at dinner my mom told my wife the following, with some paraphrasing for clarification: "You know, even though our son didn't have the best father growing up, you should still thank us because your husband wouldn't exist without us."

​To which I answered: "You should also thank Hitler since without him my Jewish grandparents would have never met."

​My mom, who is the daughter of said holocaust survivors, didn't appreciate my comment and called me an Idiot.

​My mom's comment didn't come out of nowhere. For the last two weeks my family, wife and 2 young sons, have been road tripping with my parents all over the US. They came to visit us from a different country. At some point last week my 9 yo had a meltdown in a restaurant that required me to take him outside where he could play out his tantrum. Being familiar with my son, I know there is no reasoning with him when he is that wound up and that he just needed to calm down on his own terms. My dad felt it was necessary to comment that his kids (aka me and my siblings) would never behave that way because of the way he raised us, implying that I'm parenting wrong.

​That opened up Pandora's box which I was trying very hard, for the better part of the trip, to keep shut.

​My dad was an awful father. He constantly threatened us with physical violence and some times he would hit us over the stupidest poo poo. He was extremely controlling and made us feel like we can't do anything without him. In addition to all that, he was, and still is at times, verbally abusive to my mother. I still vividly remember him smashing a plate of food on the floor that my mom served him because he was upset about what he was being served. He is correct that I would never act like my 9 yo. Because I was afraid of him. but at the same time, I hated my dad most of my childhood. I didn't love my dad and still struggle with it some days. I love my kids and the relationship we have which is built upon mutual respect.

​In my mind, my mom implying that my dad is not so bad because he made me is the same as saying that we should thank Hitler since I would never have existed without his actions.

​Am I an rear end in a top hat?

OP is awesome and should keep saying awful things about his dad in full earshot of everyone until they get it.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Ok repeatedly-beaten fucko, if he is for real, seems to be leaving out something(s) that would explain why all these people somehow jump straight to "give me money or else". It can't be just that he has money, what the gently caress did you say and/or do that everyone assumes they can just siphon money out of you so easily?

The same way he leaves out some inconvenient details behind the line "refusing to let her leave". She brought pepper spray to go and get her poo poo back...

Anyway, if he's for real, I guess this is a drop in the bucket of all his hosed up behaviors.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

DemoneeHo posted:

Don't ever hurt somebody else's kid. That was some major restraint here

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bronze Fonz posted:

Ok repeatedly-beaten fucko, if he is for real, seems to be leaving out something(s) that would explain why all these people somehow jump straight to "give me money or else". It can't be just that he has money, what the gently caress did you say and/or do that everyone assumes they can just siphon money out of you so easily?

The same way he leaves out some inconvenient details behind the line "refusing to let her leave". She brought pepper spray to go and get her poo poo back...

Anyway, if he's for real, I guess this is a drop in the bucket of all his hosed up behaviors.

I figured it out. This guy constantly starts fights with everyone he sees, and whoever he fights takes money from him.

This man is a Pokemon trainer.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Bronze Fonz posted:

I just feel like every third post should be something like "I need a lawyer, I got arrested for defending myself again" "Legal advice - neighbor harassing me" "Police broke my door, who's to blame and should pay???" etc

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

We need to find him and taunt him, we'll be set for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bronze Fonz posted:

I think he only lost money to three actual people robbing him: two guys mugged him and the one who set him up took his money after he tried to attack her over it. Everyone else is just content to choke him out and bash his face into the ground.

And at least his Tinder date has the capitalist skills to get some money out of not sending the cops to pick this dude up.