Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

chitoryu12 posted:

Sometimes I wonder which stories are the ones that were extremely detailed fetish fiction.

All of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for encouraging a comedian to roast my ex in front of his new girlfriends parents?​

quote:

SO.

Everyone in this situation works in the same pub together. Before anyone says 'don’t poo poo where you eat' — I know this now.

I dated this guy, let’s call him Adam, for just over six months. He broke up with me via text saying that he can’t see us being together forever. I was really into him and quite sad about it, and we’ve had to continue working together since then.

Around two months ago it comes out that he has slept with this girl, we’ll call her Jessica, who is one of my close friends at work. I am upset, but mainly because neither Jessica or Adam told me themselves, I found out through someone totally random. We spoke at the time, they both said it was a drunken mistake and they didn’t tell me because it would never happen again.

Then I got really sick and had to take a month off work, and when I came back there were rumours flying around that they were now dating. I became paranoid because I didn’t have any real idea what was happening, and eventually asked them both if something was going on, and they told me it was. So I had to push them both just for a bit of honesty which, if I had received in the first place, I wouldn’t have been anywhere near as upset. I just felt lied to.

So fast forward to today. We do live comedy at our bar on a Wednesday night, in a function room, and I was the bartender working that shift tonight. Around an hour before the comedy starts Adam and Jessica walk in with Jessica’s parents, who Adam is meeting for the first time. Into an empty room with just me and the two comedians. They do not acknowledge me at all. They both knew I was working that night and could have gone anywhere else or even just given me a heads up via text.

So this is the point in the story where I get quite irritated. Not just because of that action, but because of everything leading up to it. I felt disrespected completely. So I approached the first comedian billed for the night and said “ — so you want to hear a funny story?”

I explained everything from beginning to end and she found it outrageous and hilarious. And then she asked me “wait. Can I incorporate this into my set?”

Long story short, I thought that was a very funny idea and told her she should do it. She called him out for the situation during her set in front of around 50 attendees and laid into him a little bit. It wasn’t completely savage, but it wasn’t nice. And it was in front of this girls parents. The audience loved it, of course, and at the time I found it hilarious. I find out later on that they were both “very, very upset” by what had happened and Jessica cried (a lot) about it. Apparently Jessica’s parents found the whole thing quite funny. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

TL;DR My ex and his new girlfriend have done a series of rear end in a top hat things towards me. After the final straw of these rear end in a top hat movements I encouraged a comedian to roast them as he met her parents for the first time.

Edit: okay, okay noted it was impulsive and wrong. I will be apologising to them both tomorrow at work.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for selling a custom painting my friend painted for me and my wife as a wedding present?

quote:

I've been married five years. I have been friends with "Andrew" since high school. He's an aspiring artist who just hasn't caught a break though he is supremely talented. For our wedding, Andrew painted us a custom landscape which is essentially the view of the mountains in AZ from my dad's gravesite. It's a beautiful painting.

My wife and I own about a dozen condos and houses which we VRBO and Airbnb. Our favorite is one in Scottsdale and because the painting is an AZ theme and matched for decor, that is where we hung it.

Well we had a guest stay with us recently and he had heard of my friends artwork. He asked where I got the painting and I told him actually he was my good friend. The guest asked if I could put them in touch with each other and I said certainly. Well I guess my friend was in one his brooding artists moods and refused to paint something for the Airbnb guest. The guest asked me if I'd consider selling for painting and jokingly I said "yeah for $25000." He asked me if I'd accept an equivalent amount in Bitcoin and I was like holy poo poo. We don't need the money but my friend's stepson does so I agreed and my wife and I basically used the money to start a 529 for the stepson.

When I told my friend he was furious at me. I told him I got why he was mad but dude this IS the break he's been looking for and I'm not keeping a penny of the money. And this guy has money and connections and that's the way artists start making a living. Andrew is furious because he didn't grow up with a dad so my dad was sort of a surrogate and the painting was an emotional thing for him. I told him I understood that but his stepson can now afford at least a year of college and the Airbnb guest would fall all over himself if Andrew came to his home to see the painting. As of now Andrew is unwilling to speak to me.

This may have ruined our friendship but I was honestly doing it for him (and his stepson) but did I overstep here?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for encouraging a comedian to roast my ex in front of his new girlfriends parents?​

We're expected to believe that a rant about "hey you left your girlfriend and eventually started dating her coworker" or something was received as hilarious stand up comedy by the whole room? Why does she think this matters to anyone but her? What a psycho

As I comment on the scandals of redditors' lives

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for being upset that my son didn’t tell me he is gay?

quote:

I have a 19 year old son, Jack. I had him very young. Me and his mom married at 20.

I was an alcoholic when Jack was growing up and when he was eight, I had an affair with another woman and had another son “Daren”. Me and Jack’s mom got a divorce.

This kind of forced me to sober up and I’ve been sober 11 years now. I moved about six hours away to raise Daren and I married Daren’s mother.

Me and Jack’s mom aren’t on the best of terms and I saw Jack a few times a year, although I would always send him money.

I was up to visit Jack’s uncle (we’ve always been buddies) and he asked me how Jack’s boyfriend was doing. I asked him what he meant and he just repeated that he saw some pictures of Jack and his boyfriend and he was wondering how they were doing.

I mumbled some excuse that they were fine and left shortly after. As soon as I got in my car I called Jack. I told him what his uncle told me and I was pretty upset that he thought he couldn’t confide in me.

Jack started to cry and basically started ranting about how I “abandoned” him and his Mom when he was young and how I’ve “always preferred Daren” to him and that’s why he didn’t tell me because he feels like he doesn’t matter to me.

I tried to explain myself and I said that I understand that I’ve been a lovely father sometimes but I love him and I don’t care that he’s gay.

He told me that he didn’t know if he was ever going to tell me because I’m an “rear end in a top hat” and I have no right to get upset about not knowing something about him after I abandoned him so long ago. He then hung up on me.

I haven’t told my wife or Daren what’s happened and I don’t want to until I work through all this and gain some perspectives on what happened.

So AITA for getting upset?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for selling a custom painting my friend painted for me and my wife as a wedding present?

Should have asked the friend before selling.

Also, maybe friend had a similar painting Bitcoin Lord would have liked the same or better.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

DemoneeHo posted:

I mean this guy is the rear end in a top hat for everything else in his life so why not this too

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DemoneeHo posted:

You're garbage and lucky Jack talks to you at all. Piece of poo poo.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Beachcomber posted:

Should have asked the friend before selling.

Also, maybe friend had a similar painting Bitcoin Lord would have liked the same or better.

Why would the friend refuse to sell any paintings to the interested buyer? Dude shouldn't have done that without permission but unless the buyer was a huge rear end in a top hat I cannot understand why someone doing art for a living would refuse a huge sale.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Tetramin posted:

Why would the friend refuse to sell any paintings to the interested buyer? Dude shouldn't have done that without permission but unless the buyer was a huge rear end in a top hat I cannot understand why someone doing art for a living would refuse a huge sale.

Before selling-out, being a sell-out seems like the worst thing in the world to be. The struggling artist is an archetype that needs to die. First we must smash capitalism.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
I'd just buy a new friend with the $25K

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

DemoneeHo posted:

dudes an rear end in a top hat for selling the painting as it was a tribute to his father

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bronze Fonz posted:

We need to find him and taunt him, we'll be set for life.

Mostly I just want to know if he has ever actually won a fight.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Piell posted:

I figured it out. This guy constantly starts fights with everyone he sees, and whoever he fights takes money from him.

This man is a Pokemon trainer.

“Did you just look at me, bitch? You eyeing my fat wallet? Let’s fuckin do this!”

Moneybags Manlet has challenged you to a Pokémon duel!

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Giant_Pupils posted:

Mostly I just want to know if he has ever actually won a fight.

That's a good taunt, should net you 500$ easy.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for withholding my husband's wage so he doesn't buy fast food and get fatter and fatter?

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your advice. If it will help anyone sleep tonight I have handed myself over to the authorities and am writing this from prison. The hemlines on the uniform are all wrong for me but I'm just glad I'm off the streets. I'm being deported tomorrow and I think Margot Robbie should play me in the biopic.

hahaha

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Another Bill posted:

I just feel like every third post should be something like "I need a lawyer, I got arrested for defending myself again" "Legal advice - neighbor harassing me" "Police broke my door, who's to blame and should pay???" etc

Why would you press charges on a guy you already beat the gently caress out of and took his shoes, even if he started it?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

most likely: this is just an imagined revenge story from someone who doesn’t know what the words “hilarious” or “outrageous” mean.

my hope: OP tried to turn getting cheated on into a standup bit, failed, and is writing an imagined story where a Professional Funny Person validates her.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Pvt.Scott posted:

“Did you just look at me, bitch? You eyeing my fat wallet? Let’s fuckin do this!”

Moneybags Manlet has challenged you to a Pokémon duel!

Moneybags Manlet declines to send out a Pokemon and squares up on your fire-breathing dinosaur!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

most likely: this is just an imagined revenge story from someone who doesn’t know what the words “hilarious” or “outrageous” mean.

my hope: OP tried to turn getting cheated on into a standup bit, failed, and is writing an imagined story where a Professional Funny Person validates her.

She didn't get cheated on though; she's upset that he got with her friend months after he broke up with her.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

oh, i misread and thought she found out after the breakup that they were sleeping together before the breakup. this is even sadder.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

duck trucker posted:

Why would you press charges on a guy you already beat the gently caress out of and took his shoes, even if he started it?

Cops can still arrest you if the other person doesn't press charges. Disorderly conduct / public intoxication/ etc

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Tetramin posted:

dude paid in bitcoin. i wouldn't sell actual, literal poo poo for bitcoin

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
(20M) my SO (20F) told me she wants a break while she’s on vacation. Unsure of what it means...

quote:

My girlfriend of a year and a half now has just broke news to me that she wants to take a break for 4-5 days while she is on vacation. I’m really not sure how to take it but we spend almost every day together, and have so many upcoming plans for the summer of travel I’m just confused how this is all going to work. She told me last night that she loves me and doesn’t want to lose me, but is concerned that our personalities clash too much (she is glass half full, I am glass half empty). I’m really not sure what to do. I told her that this means everything to me and that I would try to fix my approach on life in order to mend our relationship, but she tells me that I give too much for her and she doesn’t want me to change who I am for her. I tried to explain that I’m still figuring myself out as a young 20 year old, but she just didn’t seem to think that that mattered. Not really sure what to do now, I’ve spent this whole morning sulking, but do I really even need to, or is a break just a way of slowly ending things without having to break it hard for me? Sorry for ranting just looking for help here

tl;dr

My girlfriend said we need a 4-5 day break and I’m not sure how to take it.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Pinecone Sample posted:

(20M) my SO (20F) told me she wants a break while she’s on vacation. Unsure of what it means...

My girlfriend said we need a 4-5 day break and I’m not sure how to take it. 

sounds like she already knows how she's going to take it

Best Bi Geek Squid fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 20, 2019

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

God 20 years old is such a lovely age for relationships.

Hey, I think we should take a break while I'm down south loving hot latino guys I meet on the beach, we can resume our commitment when I get back ok?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

God 20 years old is such a lovely age for relationships.

Hey, I think we should take a break while I'm down south loving hot latino guys I meet on the beach, we can resume our commitment when I get back ok?

Six months later. Hey I’m going to a bar tonight we’re on break until 5am.
6am text. Better make that noon.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Pinecone Sample posted:

good new username idea
J.E.R.R.Y.
H.E.L.L.O.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

love how she just flat out tells him she doesn't think they're a good match but also suggests that a working week is a long enough time to somehow fix that

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

i vomit kittens posted:

love how she just flat out tells him she doesn't think they're a good match but also suggests that a working week is a long enough time to somehow fix that

She's taking a break to coincide with her vacation.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Pinecone Sample posted:

Translation: I think I can do better, but in case I'm wrong it would be nice to still have you around.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

InediblePenguin posted:

dude paid in bitcoin. i wouldn't sell actual, literal poo poo for bitcoin

He then cashed out the bitcoin and put it into a 529 plan for his artist friend's stepson. Dude isn't an rear end in a top hat, he was trying to help.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

duck trucker posted:

If you read the story he says that as she struggled to get away he pinned her to the floor and drunkenly attacked her while she was crying and begging him. So a good reason to go to the police is wondering what would have happened if she hadn’t had the will to fight and the training to choke him out from underneath. He seems comically inept in the context of all his fuckups but that was a seriously terrifying anecdote, especially coming from a guy who says things like “then I started punching” as if he just goes into autopilot

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

teardrop posted:

He seems comically inept in the context of all his fuckups but that was a seriously terrifying anecdote, especially coming from a guy who says things like “then I started punching” as if he just goes into autopilot

Yeah I mean thats why I'm surprised he isn't in jail/jammed up with cops all the time.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The dude is like the saddest irl version of a Yakuza game, where every different scenario ends in a fistfight but you always lose.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Another Bill posted:

Yeah I mean thats why I'm surprised he isn't in jail/jammed up with cops all the time.

It looks like nobody has bothered to ever press charges, probably because he's so pathetic that the people he tries to fight take little to no damage and a number of them have been friends, family, dates, etc.

He actually did get arrested for his first fight, which was him attacking his ex's new boyfriend and having her jump in and kick him in the balls. He was due for his time in court around the time he got fired after being beaten up by his dad, a groper, his date, and his manager but he never updated on whether or not he received sentencing or a delay or what (only that his ex is spending a while in jail for drug possession and dealing they found evidence of at the time of her arrest). He hasn't posted for almost 3 weeks so I'm wondering if he may have actually gotten hit by sentencing in the interim.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

chitoryu12 posted:

It's still there but trying to access the link through mobile seems to have issues. Just in case I'll repost his new stories in chronological order here so they'll be preserved:

I got robbed and beat up this morning while picking up.

How to avoid being beaten up with no BJJ training?

A girl can take a guy down fairly easily if she gets the right hold on you.

My tinder date from a few nights back assaulted me and now she’s trying to blackmail me, what do I do here?

Should I try cocaine just once?

I want my kid back.

I am lost now. Reddit once loved me and now they hate me.

My friend sent me to dealers that robbed me and beat me up basically leaving me for dead and when I confronted her about it and tried to go back through her she beat me up and robbed me as well.

Am I into choking?

I got fired but I really want my job back.

I took three tabs of LSD and I had the worst trip of my life.

I can not gain weight no matter how much I eat.

lmao its like chuck tingle but for getting your rear end beat instead of pounded

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I quit my job and my boss attempted to punch me in the face and threaten to beat me with a shovel.

quote:

I began Dec 9 2014 working construction as a framer making 25 an hour, first time working with this company and the industry. I was quite lucky to make that much an hour, however I had my own tools, 80 gallon industrial compressor, generator, a Step Van etc… I'm sure he was planning on me to pick up crew when we start work on other sites that don't have public transportation. The rest of the crew have criminal records, no ID and or a driving license.

The first few days into working at the site the boss would talk to me about how the other two are halfwits and how he's going to replace them. Which had me concerned, so I applied at other jobs as plan b. One of the days I take him aside and ask him if he really wants me to stay because I'm absolutely green, and if he would only need me for a few weeks. I told him that I have a job opportunity at another place. However if you are sincere about wanting me to stay I will. I told him I enjoyed learning this trade. It was a good work out and change of scenery for me. Considering I just spent the last 20 years in another industry and self-employed for the last 5. I told him in a nice way, I just didn't want any surprises. I should have listen to my intuition, it was almost too good to be true. Future raises 35 to 40 an hour eventually a foremen etc. Anyway!

I had enough of my boss being a complete racists, cynical two faced 0 to a 100 loud mouth. He's constantly making remarks about how he "hates Arabs, and would never higher the brown bastards, and how he doesn't trust the fuckers, not one bit." Which has been said more than a few times, although, confusing enough the last time he said that, he finished with "he has one that works for him, but he's a good guy." Constant sexual innuendo, whenever we are out eating in a public place towards women.

He has threatened another co-worker that was arguing with the foremen. Saying, "Shut your bloody mouth you little fucker, I'm a wolverine, all I need is 4 minutes with you boy! (The foremen and the co-worker were always butting heads) The boss has cursed out the foremen numerous times and even went off on a piece of scrap metal from the outside vent from a dryer. Slamming, punching, and trying to crush it, rip it apart and finally hold it up swinging it towards the foremen as if he's going to throw it at him.

Calling me up complaining about the crew and how he never trusts them. Complaining about how they want to borrow money, how they have a gambling problem. Mentioning they are going to steel stuff from the site, or about how stupid they are and how he's going to replace them. Which left me wondering what is he saying about me when I'm not present?

He never supplied a copy of the blueprints just rambling about what needs to be done which is fine but confusing when it’s time to get it all done correctly by memory.

On the 31st of Dec the boss starts talking to me as if I'm the foremen telling me the plans. I tell him you better mention this to the foremen or at least let’s write it down. Boss starts to draw it on a 2x4 without any numbers just telling me that he wants the windows 5' from the corner on the N wall with another one on the other end 5' away from the corner. I say ok. Boss starts talking to the foremen about the West wall and where the window should be placed. "The bedroom window center to the window below, and the other, center to the French doors." He leaves and we get started. We fix the beam, cut and lay joists, then start laying down the floor. Around 11:30 the boss comes back and is happy with our progress. We have a 30 minuet lunch, the foremen and the boss talk about where the windows on the West wall are going to be again and he leaves.

I hand the foremen the remaining of the floor boards which half way through he says to me. "You should handle those more with care!" I ask him what's going on? He says that he has to fix every tongue on them. I explain that I haven't been rough with them and that I was picking them up from the groove side down. I go over to the pile to investigate the way they were stacked from the company that had dropped them off. They were being crushed from another pile wood that was placed beside them at the far end. So I took a picture of it to show the boss what had happened to the pile and mention it to the foremen. This set us back a bit having to messing around with the tongue and groove. After the floor was laid down the foremen comes down stairs and asked me "What did he want done with the windows?" I show him the drawing the boss made and tell him what was said. That's when the foremen says. "No, he doesn't want that, we talked about that over lunch!"(The boss and foremen.) I said well...then I didn't hear that part of the conversation! I think we should call him to confirm. I call the boss two times, immediately one after another. He doesn't answer and the foremen goes on a smoke brake. The boss didn't return my phone call and the foremen says "gently caress it, we'll do it the way the boss and I talked about during lunch." I said, ahh...I don't think that's a good idea, could we do something else, like the North wall instead? After all, we both agree that's what he wants done. He says "nope, we talked about this over lunch, he wants it done like this."

Foremen goes upstairs and yells out what he needs cut and handed up to him till the end of the day. I go up to help raise the wall into place. I lean out the window and said that doesn't look right. It's off set 3" from the window below! Foremen says "that's what the boss wanted, center to the bedroom." I say ok? Then try calling the boss one last time before the wall was secured into the floor. Again no answer or returned call.

Because of the mistake made on the 31st from the foremen I get a voice message left on my phone on Jan 1st: "I don't know what kind of game you are playing but if you don't give me a call back don't bother coming in...gently caress that!"

I call the boss back after hearing the message. He ends up going on a tangent about how he's going to get rid of so and so and what the gently caress did we do blah blah blah, cursing and swearing making empty threats etc... I tell him my side of the story which I had nothing to do with it, and I tried contacting him 4 times that day regarding the situation. After he blows up on me about everything, he then apologies and says that he gets upset really quick. That I should come in tomorrow, which is today Jan 2.

9 am this morning the Boss shows up, calls us both over to his car and says "I want to speak to the two of you!" They argue about what happened, and how they both wanted different methods of fixing the problem. Then tells us that "he's not paying for us putting up a wall 3 times, and for the work that was done! We'll talk about that later! I'm not going to argue with you guys about it!"

Come to think of it, I overheard him asking about our hours to the foremen on the 31st. After the foremen tells him the hours the boss says "no loving way you cock suckers worked those loving hours, gently caress that I'm not loving paying you for that many hours, Jesus Christ." (In a non-joking manner.) So the foremen replies "Do you think that we are lying to you?" The foremen proceeds explaining what was done to justify our hours. Boss goes off on a tangent again, we just shake our heads and go about our day.

Back to this morning Jan, 2nd: After he chewed us out about the 31st and tells us about how he's docking hours and pay we head back to work. I work maybe 10 minutes before I say I've had enough of his crap (to myself.) I say to the foremen I'm done, I can't work under these conditions anymore, good luck! Foremen says alright buddy, take care! I get my phone out, thought I pressed record a video, put it into my back pocket and head down stairs to pack up my stuff. I knock on the door to the house to see if the owners were home. I was trying to get back my extension cord that was running off an outlet inside their house through a wall sheeted with plastic over fiberglass. Nobody answered. Then the boss says in a demeaning tone. "What are you doing, slacking?" I say, no, I'm done! "What do you mean you're done?" I'm finished working here, it's not worth it, I'm done. He says "good!" I say to him I may not be good (fast and know the trade) considering I've been doing this for two and a half weeks, but I try. From what I understand the site conditions are not really the best too. He says "Oh would you shut the gently caress up, you loving idiot, Jesus Christ." I start picking up my stuff to leave and say you're a cynical bastard under my breath.

That's when he loses his cool. Yelling at me at the top of his lungs he comes blasting towards me and stands right in front of my face (This guy is about 240 lbs and has worked in construction what I'm assuming all his life, he's a hot head and a tough guy for his age.) and yells "what did you say you loving cock sucking rear end hole?" I said, you want to get into my face and talk to me like this? You can dish it but you can't take it when somebody says something that may offend you? Now you have the audacity to get into my face? I've lost count the amount of times you've made maniacal comments and slander everyone as soon as they have their back turned, not to mention all the phone calls ripping people up. He then says that he'll "gently caress me up" while putting his fist up as if he's going to punch me. I stand my ground just staring at him, and yell are you treating me? He takes a swing at my face (which I could feel the air from it to give you an idea how close it was), it didn't connect. I think it was more of an attempt to make me flinch or to intimidate me, possibly wanting me to retaliate. I yell again are you threatening me? He then runs over to grab a shovel to his left, charging towards me, holding it as if he's going to start beating me with it. Gesturing that he's going to swing it at me. I just keep standing there shaking my head, saying so now you’re going to threaten me with a weapon? He yells a bunch of stuff and I walk away saying keep it up, it's all been recorded, everything! Phone calls, text messages this morning everything. He starts walking towards me mocking me, I get into my vehicle and drive away.

quote:

Update

He phoned me and asked what my email address is. I said what for, he yells "FOR A loving E-MAIL." I said regarding what? He said, "your pay." I said I would text it to him. He tells me to email him instead so I make a new email address because I didn't want to use my personal one, and reply with "my name email address" as the title and in the letter just my e-mail address again. He's not very computer savvy.

This is the message as follows from him.

I did not mind one bit your quitting this morning, in fact to tell you the truth, i was more than glad that you did so. To put it bluntly , you are of no use. Heck, you can not even read a tape. For the most part you stood around and did nothing, You even sat down to a lot of things. Tried. No way did you try. You wasted time and shot a lot of Bull poo poo . That is what you did. Others will confirm you to be a waste of time with no effort. Just wanted a Pay Cheque. SHAME ON YOU.

What I did mind however is your turning on me and mouthing off to me, your verbal abuse was unnecessary, not to mention undeserving, considering I gave you a chance, based on your lies and bull crap.

You got in my face this morning and demanded I pay you, when I yelled back at you, you got further into my face and asked me if i was making a threat to you. You raised your hand to me as if to strike me.

You crazy bastard. I am a 73 year old man with a heart problem as you bloody well know. You were trying your best to upset me and get me going, you even had this sadistic, sick bastard look on your face. If I were twenty years younger I would have filled your mouth with my fist. You are a bloody low life. and you are lucky there were none of the other guys around.

As for your pay, you low life, You will get every cent you have coming to you, you will not however, get the 1/2 day you were not able to work. That benefit is for full time Piece Workers, not half wit quitters such as your self. YOU QUIT and therefor you have no legal demands on me for quick payment. You will wait for 4 - 5 days until the next progress payment and you will be paid at that time.

Meantime, you are hereby advised to stay off the construction site, I will arrange that with the Calgary Police tomorrow. as well as my Customer.

You are a Looser and one Crazy Bastard. You tried to intimidate me this morning, you did not do so, you never will. If you ever bother me again in any way, with harassment of any form or to any degree, I will deal with you according to the law. Unlike you, i am an honest sort, with no hang ups or depressive areas in my life that bother me.

You will get your pay. If you want to be vindictive with me out of pure spite, that is up to you, I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO YOU. NOTHING EXCEPT TO BE HAPPY YOU QUIT. LEAVE IT ALONE . GET A LIFE . STOP LYING . LEARN A TRADE . I will warn you. If you want to play the Vindictive Game with me you will wait a long, long time for your pay, I will put it in Court Trust and have you take me to Court for it.

Believe me, I do not want to do that, I have never done so with other Idiots I have had to deal with, so do the right thing, sit with me when the time comes to get your pay, sign off, shake hands if you wish. Its up to you. It really is no big deal.

Thank you.

I haven't respond to the email or contacted the other guy that was at site with us. The police did show up at my house two hours after my phone call, and took my statement. I gave the address where it happened. The police officer said he would go over and see if anyone was willing to give a statement at the house and my co-worker.

I'm just in awe over how he completely turned everything around, making up incidents, and blatantly lying. I can't tell you how glad I am that I called the police when I did. This guy is ruthless.

I'm curious about him saying "sign off" if that's just him saying lets let this go or if he wants me to sign something before receiving my pay?

I really hope my co-worker gives a statement. I'm kind of nervous because I wouldn't put it past the boss to offer the co-worker some cash, to keep his mouth shut or to side with him. I'm not sure if he would accept it, but as I said before he's in a tough place in life. "lives at the drop in center" and has a criminal record, and has some addictions. Time will tell...my other hope is the owners of the addition were home and witnessed it all.

quote:

UPDATE 2

I received basically revised e-mail from him today with added lies. What I don't want to do is meet up with him because I'm sure he's told the other crew from another one of his sites a bunch of lies in his favor. These people he has mentioned in the e-mail all have criminal records, and have been in jail multiple times for assault. One of them that he mentioned a few weeks ago was on the run for beating his girlfriend (rumor has it, from the boss and his son.) I'm really wondering what I should do about this. I do not trust him at all. I think I should just let it slide and cut it as a loss. What has me curious is him saying that if I don't sign off or contact him he will take it further. Which would probably be best if we have to appear in front of a judge. I highly doubt that will happen because when the police came over after my call he said. "I highly doubt anything will come of this, you need a witness and a statement from them. If you don't hear from me then nothing will happen." If the witness gives a statement then we have something to go by and we can take it further."

Here is his most recent email from today

I did not mind your quitting one bit. That was best for both of us.

What I did mind however was your turning on me and mouthing off to me, your verbal abuse was unnecessary, not to mention undeserving, considering I gave you a chance. even after i realized you had lied to me.

You failed to mention that you could not read a tape - you failed to mention you knew nothing nor had no experience whatsoever in this industry- you actually led me to believe you had some experience

When you realized that myself and the others were on to you, and further, when we realized that you had a lazy streak and you put forth no effort , except your effort to make excuse after excuse, always complaining, always the long pity full looking face of yours. You took your problems to work with you every bloody day. Family or otherwise, you problems bothered you and you did not care one bit about the job

You got in my face the day you quit - jan. 2nd. 2015 -and demanded I pay you, when I yelled back at you, you got further into my face and asked me if i was making a threat to you. You raised your hand to me as if to strike me. You showed what a dangerous looser you really were that day. You wanted a pound of my flesh. and you were trying to push me to the limits.

You crazy bastard. I am a 73 year old man with a heart problem as you bloody well know. You were trying your best to upset me and get me going, you even had this sadistic, sick bastard look on your face.

If I were twenty years younger I would have filled your mouth with my fist. You are a bloody low life. In fact buster, just ten years ago i would hav beaten you to a pulp for the way you attacked me, this you had better believe. I am by no means a violent person, but i was well trained in self defense, having been in a special division of the army as a youth of thirteen to the age of twenty during the Cold War - and that buster is fact.

You have the nerve and are stupid enough to beat up an old man with a condition. I know for a fact you do not have the guts to get in X’s face - nor X’s face - Nor one of my sons face. Unlike you, my sons are successful, with lots of great business dealings going for them. They are not frustrated and lost within themselves like you seem to be. You are a danger to yourself as well as others and i find myself wondering if you have serious mental issues.

As for your pay, You will get every cent you have coming to you, you will not however, get the 1/2 day you were not able to work. That benefit is for full time Piece Workers, not quitters such as your self. I do not pay you to drink beer . You dot get paid for loading your broken down equip. into you cube van, and than hang around doing nothing, waiting for me to show up so as to allow yourself to turn on me, mouth off and try to get me to become upset, you sick bastard . I am not one bit afraid of you and i do not give a crap about your taking Anger Management nor any other treatment nor medication you may be on due to your problems.

I consider myself to be a a nice person, I treat others with respect and kindness, I was raised that way and my four sons were raised that way. We have no problems, mostly because we did not nor will not allow problems to present themselves to us. We play by the rules, honest up right, we have top notch reputations and we do not let losers and liars bother us with their jealous attitudes.

YOU QUIT and therefor you have no legal demands on me fo a quick payment. you will wait 4 - 5 days until the next progress and you will be paid at that time. and if you attempt to screw me out of time and money you will be making a big mistake, that will not happen, so do not think you will screw me out of one iota of time nor money.

You will get paid what you deserve with respect to time spent doing actual work. You may rest assured, I will not cheat you out of one hour and you had better extend the same honesty and consideration to me.

If you want to get together with me - Come by yourself - Do Not Bring a Bad Attitude with you - Do not Raise your Voice to me - Do Not Try to Intimidate Me - Do not get in my face - You will sign off the job by accepting the paper work presented to you, you can read and go over this paper work and if you agree to the wording, you may sign same and you will be paid in full.

Meantime, you are hereby advised to stay off the construction site

. . Please advise within twenty four hours from now if, - you will or will not be showing up for this get together. I will email you as to, place, date, time. If I do not hear from you within twenty four hours, i will assume you are not interested in bringing this matter to a close and i will take the necessary and legal steps.

Regards

quote:

UPDATE 3:

I contacted a lawyer, they said this is starting to turn into harassment and advise me not to go meet up with him or contacting him. I then tried to contact the officer that took my statement to get an update on the case. He will not be back until this Friday. I was advised to forward the e-mails to the officer.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The dude is like the saddest irl version of a Yakuza game, where every different scenario ends in a fistfight but you always lose.

Finding a Kazuma figure to beat him up and hand down some dadly wisdom would be the turning point this guy's life needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I want to pretend that guy is real but all those stories were written left handed.