Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yeast posted:

Finally finished the Marauder Destroyer

Apocalypse being re-released means it might actually get used, too.

FW models with not-lovely GW rules should be interesting if it happens.

Gorgeous work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Who designed the Ghazghkull Thraka model and what else have they done? I think it's one of, if not the, coolest model in this game. I wish I hadn't sold my metal version years ago :(

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I wasn’t sure what you wanted, like how many or the angle. If you want something specific just let me know :shrug:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Professor Shark posted:

Who designed the Ghazghkull Thraka model and what else have they done? I think it's one of, if not the, coolest model in this game. I wish I hadn't sold my metal version years ago :(

It's one of the few models i'd give a roll on for resin due to how massive it is. drat great model.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

He's got those Forgeworld bikes, too :allears:

:homebrew:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

OhDearGodNo posted:

I wasn’t sure what you wanted, like how many or the angle. If you want something specific just let me know :shrug:

These are fantastic. Thanks!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

:hellyeah:

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Paddyo posted:

Yeah, there are a few floating around B&C and Facebook, but it's not great. Too washed out and not that much contrast. I think you'd get way better results (and in a similar amount of time) using the dry brush / Nuln Oil technique.

Can you expand on exactly how you achieved this look?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Ghost Hand posted:

Can you expand on exactly how you achieved this look?

This video showcases the technique.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Gunder posted:

That is the best use I've ever seen for drybrush and wash only on armour. Surprisingly good.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Professor Shark posted:

From memory it was Mark Bedford, who updated the look of the whole range from the Rogue Trader days to what we have now. He's to Orks what Jes Goodwin is to Eldar.

GigaFuzz
Aug 10, 2009

adamantium|wang posted:

From memory it was Mark Bedford, who updated the look of the whole range from the Rogue Trader days to what we have now. He's to Orks what Jes Goodwin is to Eldar.

Not sure about Ghaz, but wasn't it Brian Nelson who did most of the new Orks back in 3rd edition?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
drat, it might have been. I thought Bedford had a big hand in them, but then again that's a 20 year old memory I'm relying on.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
x-posting

richyp posted:

Really liked how the yellow dude turned out, so I painted up some friends for him today.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It's Hammer of the Emperor time.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/20/faction-focus-astra-militarumgw-homepage-post-4/

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

This Apoc thing is gonna result in a GSC Baneblade sooner or later...

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
The new site is up with a How To Play video
https://warhammer40000.com/apocalypse/

It previews of several new command asset cards (mostly AdMech) and a few datasheets. Here's an idea of how some of the basic troop units work:

Intercessor Squad (5 models) 2 wounds 1 attack = 6 power
Intercessor Squad (10 models) 4 wounds 2 attacks = 12 power

Ork Boyz (10 models) 2 wounds, 1 attacks, Ld5 = 4 power
Ork Boyz (20 models) 4 wounds, 2 attacks, Ld6 = 8 power
Ork Boyz (30 models) 6 wounds, 4 attacks, Ld7 = 13 power
10+ Save, can take 1 heavy weapon per 10 boyz so squad special / heavy weapons are still around
Boyz melee weapons act as a 2x or 3x multiplier on attacks depending which are picked.

Grotz (10 models) 2 wounds 2 attacks = 1 power
Grotz (20 models) 4 wounds 4 attacks = 2 power
Grotz (30 models) 6 wounds 6 attacks = 3 power
11+ save and can take a Runtherd to bump Ld from 4 to 6

Necron Warriors (10 models) 2 wounds 2 attacks = 6 power
Necron Warriors (20 models) 4 wounds 4 attacks = 14 power
8+ save

Morale checks are taken for damaged units at the end of the turn, roll a D6 and add the current # of blast markers. If that beats their leadership, add another damage marker.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I understand why they keep hiring Becca Scott, but I wish they'd stop. It always feels like a children's TV presenter talking to me about hams and I don't like it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I understand why they keep hiring Becca Scott, but I wish they'd stop. It always feels like a children's TV presenter talking to me about hams and I don't like it.
GW sells games for children :ssh:

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Gunder posted:

I was just planning something similar but I was going to use Mechanicus Standard Grey as the undercoat which might save the step of painting on Eshin.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
ANAmal.net and I posted our definitive, 100-percent canonical review of the original 20 space marine legions over on goonhammer.com. please go check it out and let us know how much you hated it. Also massive thanks to srm and ohdeargodno for lending us army photos.

https://www.goonhammer.com/your-legion-sucks-part-1/

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

TheChirurgeon posted:

ANAmal.net and I posted our definitive, 100-percent canonical review of the original 20 space marine legions over on goonhammer.com. please go check it out and let us know how much you hated it. Also massive thanks to srm and ohdeargodno for lending us army photos.

Rollin’ coal In a land raider is loving hilarious. I imagine it also has a train horn.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah that elicited a bunch of chuckles from me. Keep going.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Yeast posted:

That is the best use I've ever seen for drybrush and wash only on armour. Surprisingly good.

I think it just hammers home the fact that to make good-looking black you never actually use pure black. Same thing applies to white.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

jassi007 posted:

Rollin’ coal In a land raider is loving hilarious. I imagine it also has a train horn.

it absolutely does. Also, thanks!

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah that elicited a bunch of chuckles from me. Keep going.

Thanks! Good to have feedback on this and know it's not just the two of us giggling at each other's bullshit

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Miles O'Brian posted:

I was just planning something similar but I was going to use Mechanicus Standard Grey as the undercoat which might save the step of painting on Eshin.

Mechanicus is a couple of shades lighter than Eshin, so this might not work as well. I think you might want that initial coat of grey to be as close to black as possible.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
If I were doing that technique I think I'd be tempted to do all of the drybrushing before the shading. Then run a single edge highlight on the top-facing edges after the Nuln.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Peachy does it that way on a Warhammer TV video. I think that final directional drybrush of the light/Celestra after the first two coats of Nuln really makes it look dynamic.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

The first round of drybrush and wash is like the weathering shadows and the drybrush post washes is imitating weathering highlights. I think edge highlighting defeats the point because the tutorial is probably geared towards painters not confident enough in edge highlighting or think it takes too long.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

This does not suck.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Something something damming with faint praise

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TheChirurgeon posted:

This was hilarious, especially the part about the Iron Warriors

quote:

ANAmal.net: I know what these are. These are nerds. I do not respect them.

TheChirurgeon: There’s something about them being a bunch of bitter shut-ins that spend their downtime playing wargame simulations that I can really relate to.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The IW bit was definitely my favorite too.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Thanks! Also we're sourcing photos for the other 14 legions. If anyone has photos of the following armies they want to share, we'd love to use them (with credit):
- Space Wolves
- Death Guard
- Thousand Sons
- Alpha Legion
- Word Bearers
- Salamanders

Also, you'd be posting mans in the thread, which is a pure and wholesome good in and of itself

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

TheChirurgeon posted:

I feel my son’s EC have the Mad Max element thrown in you were referring to:

Not shown: rhinos that blast dubstep.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I'm working on a project that uses three Primaris Librarians, but there are only two models. So I am making my own from the Primaris Chaplain.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm working on a project that uses three Primaris Librarians, but there are only two models. So I am making my own from the Primaris Chaplain.

Hell yeah! The hooded head from Lieutenant Zechariah (the Dark Angels one) may also do you go if you don't want to use the skull-head Chaplain one.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks! Also we're sourcing photos for the other 14 legions. If anyone has photos of the following armies they want to share, we'd love to use them (with credit):
- Space Wolves
- Death Guard
- Thousand Sons
- Alpha Legion
- Word Bearers
- Salamanders

Also, you'd be posting mans in the thread, which is a pure and wholesome good in and of itself

Have some goony boys

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

Hell yeah! The hooded head from Lieutenant Zechariah (the Dark Angels one) may also do you go if you don't want to use the skull-head Chaplain one.

Unfortunately I am trying to use closed helmets. It's a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

TheChirurgeon posted:

- Death Guard

Here's my stinky boys