Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
queue with friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Can we all at least agree that players who refuse to AOE because "the attacks do less damage" should be sterilized?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Can I get 'ability to adjust to the party's playstyle' for 300?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nessus posted:

Fare thee NOT well, Problematic Bird! Fare thee... NOT well!

ooh, it's PAYBACK time, yoship! so much for YOUR seat at the top of the dps charts!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Philonius posted:

Can we all at least agree that players who refuse to AOE because "the attacks do less damage" should be sterilized?

Look if those players were able to math, there would have been a lot fewer Ridorania wipes.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

The game has a fundamental problem in that, outside of wipes, the only feedback players get that they're performing poorly is that poo poo takes too long. But if they've always been bad...they won't notice, cuz everything takes that long for them. Just a simple, personal-only, dmc-like grading system would do loving WONDERS.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I don't know if my perspective is just different or what, but I regularly use DF and never encounter any of the harrowing tales y'all talk about. :shrug:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

World War Mammories posted:

ooh, it's PAYBACK time, yoship! so much for YOUR seat at the top of the dps charts!

The guy being dissed in that show was clearly the protagonist, right? Pat was hype for his downfall because he is Pat.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

6.0 will turn the game into an idle clicker where you periodically get drops that you can equip onto a paper doll on the side of the screen. Please look forward to it.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I see players who aren't doing very well in roulettes occasionally but usually they're just learning and are pretty gracious about being given advice. Even when they aren't I've never found it worth whining about.

Sometimes I grouse to my FC when someone is being obstinate or oblivious in extreme or savage stuff, but, like, I think there's a very direct correlation between players who are patient and helpful with underperforming peers and players who know their own roles, know the ins and outs of the content they choose to do, etc. Vice versa the players I encounter who are pitching hissy fits in learning parties and screaming at people in low-level roulettes are almost always doing a pretty lovely job themselves.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

For the first time ever playing this game I have no main quest in my upper left. I am caught up.

Now I have a week to hem and haw over which job to start in the xpack. I think it comes down to transmog. Anyone know of a Red Mage rapier that is just a nice normal sized fancy rapier and nothing too huge or glowy?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Eimi posted:

I don't know if my perspective is just different or what, but I regularly use DF and never encounter any of the harrowing tales y'all talk about. :shrug:

I probably have a bad player in every 4 groups or so. 3 players is more than enough to easily clear df poo poo though, so it's not worth note. Every now and then the stars align and you get 2 or even 3 in the same group and it's hilariously bad.

FuzzySlippers posted:

For the first time ever playing this game I have no main quest in my upper left. I am caught up.

Now I have a week to hem and haw over which job to start in the xpack. I think it comes down to transmog. Anyone know of a Red Mage rapier that is just a nice normal sized fancy rapier and nothing too huge or glowy?

I use the dropped Sophic Rapier, but you could check random vendor rapiers for really plain stuff. That's where I got when I want something plain.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FuzzySlippers posted:

You might enjoy Tsukuyomi's rapier, it's awesome to look at and her fight isn't too hard. Granted it's kinda curved so it's more sabre like.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

FuzzySlippers posted:

Ala Mhigan's a nice fancy one. I like Augmented Shire since it's elegant and takes dyes well, but it might be bigger than you're looking for.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

As an old FFXI player with rotten brains that loves the monster killing grind, I find Eureka kind of intriguing. Sadly I missed the bus on it with Shadowbringers coming out so soon, but is it likely it's going to be updated with new content to make it worth going through all the defunct Eureka areas that everyone is already finished?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Unlikely, but there will be a new implementation of it in 5.x

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Verranicus posted:

queue with friends

big assumption that my friends don't also suck

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

I've just made it my policy that if I feel like I'm getting too frustrated with a bad DF group to just quietly drop and eat the lockout. It's done wonders for my sanity. Anytime I've stuck it out in the past I've generally regretted it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Eimi posted:

The majority of runs are usually good enough to not warrant mentioning.

But when you get a bad group/person they really stick out because of that, since most people will forgive bad play if they're new and learning and are showing that they are learning.

Sometimes, people don't learn.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 20, 2019

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

TooManyUzukis posted:

The game has a fundamental problem in that, outside of wipes, the only feedback players get that they're performing poorly is that poo poo takes too long. But if they've always been bad...they won't notice, cuz everything takes that long for them. Just a simple, personal-only, dmc-like grading system would do loving WONDERS.

Temple of the Fist kind of has this? Where if you take too long to fight the boss, the extreme yelling voice tells you how much you suck at dps roughly.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FuzzySlippers posted:

The diamond tuck from o8s is pretty fancy without being too gaudy.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I got a bunch of bad healers recently but one was a very clueless sprout (was not aware aspected helios was a seperate spell from helios, was not using essential dignity, no lightspeed) and the other was just them dying a lot and me being fed up from last time.

Rather than get really mad the first time I just accepted if I stuck around we would be there for quite a while and left, its not worth getting mad at people over duty finder stuff.

Party finder on the other hand, I can probably empathize.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The only healers who deserve scorn are WHMs who don't Holy.

Like the one I had in the Burn yesterday, guy was so dedicated to honest healing he was precasting Esuna for the like, 1k tick poison the mobs at the start use instead of using Holy.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Zoig posted:

Party finder on the other hand, I can probably empathize.

Nope, still very much not worth getting mad over.

It's really funny how desperate people are to find some niche situation where getting mad at videogames somehow makes you anything other than an rear end in a top hat. Just leave the party if it bothers you so much.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Axle_Stukov posted:

Like the one I had in the Burn yesterday, guy was so dedicated to honest healing he was precasting Esuna for the like, 1k tick poison the mobs at the start use instead of using Holy.

The funny thing about precasting esuna is that if the debuff isn't on the target at the time the cast starts, it fails.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I usually don't say anything to people in DF unless they;'re doing something obviously, egregiously bad. Like physical dps with a full TP bar after a HUGE trash pull.

I was healing the Burn today. I got trapped in an ice block, and one of the dps died. Instead of breaking me out, which literally only takes one hit, the other dps, a summoner, stopped what they were doing and slow cast rez on the dead guy. The summoner died while casting.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

troofs posted:

Nope, still very much not worth getting mad over.

It's really funny how desperate people are to find some niche situation where getting mad at videogames somehow makes you anything other than an rear end in a top hat. Just leave the party if it bothers you so much.

I don't mean its ever worth getting mad, I mean I can empathize, and understand.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Axle_Stukov posted:

The worst part about white mages that refuse to holy is they don't realize that holy greatly decreases the amount of incoming damage on the tank. Or maybe they do realize and just like the sound of cure II.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Holy is so good and like 90% of the reason to be a WHM over the superior SCH.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nah the worst is white mages who never use bene because it's "only for emergencies".

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
an emergency is a situation that tempts you not to use holy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It is an emergency, the emergency is your health bar is distracting me from holying

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I rarely ever have anyone so bad that I actually bother to say anything during a run. The only thing I’ve noticed are some lazy healers in Syrcus Tower lately. I’ve been tanking stuff and just gradually died because they never bothered to casts heal in any form on me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I was doing a Syrcus Tower as a healer today and I ended up standing next to another healer who didn't cast any spells at all.

arkma
May 30, 2001
Is there an ACT plugin which filters the chatlog based on parses so I don't run the risk of accidently talking to people above or below my parse color?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've had these stupid-rear end aetheryte earrings in my inventory for however many weeks and it just now occurred to me during the weekly Carnival to equip them on BLU.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
About a month ago I ran syrcruse and we failed every dps check and wiped on each boss. As someone who started playing in like 4.3 I got to see mechanics and phases I’d never seen before.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

keirharder posted:

About a month ago I ran syrcruse and we failed every dps check and wiped on each boss. As someone who started playing in like 4.3 I got to see mechanics and phases I’d never seen before.

How??

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

keirharder posted:

People have been getting progressively worse at Crystal Tower for a long time and the mogtome event has really brought all of them out. Most of the time it's ok, but I swear it's getting worse by the day. I've had runs where we've wiped due to healers literally not healing at all and half the dps are afk. And a lot of people really like to wait to pull until every single person has arrived and then wait another 20 seconds just in case. I don't think any of my runs in the last few weeks have had a loot drop that didn't eventually time out so I figure a significant percentage are looking at a different screen. LotA is even worse than Syrcus and I haven't even been bothering with WoD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!