Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Please tell me there's a high quality sound file of Doppio's phone "ring" available somewhere to download as an actual ringtone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

the sex pistols have grown corporeal due to their salami intake

"Sasuke has become Catholic" but it's

Sex Pistols

Has become

Corporeal

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Willsun posted:

Please tell me there's a high quality sound file of Doppio's phone "ring" available somewhere to download as an actual ringtone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BztrNTf70Ol4A-ZMInya_ZrJxWaWpmR9/view

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Willsun posted:

This is one of those things that seems like a brilliant idea up until it actually rings in public.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

This is one of those things that seems like a brilliant idea up until it actually rings in public.

Hell naw, it's clear, high-pitched, and recognizable. The lovely ringtone ideas are always lines from a movie or a song where it can easily fall into the white noise around you in a busy area.

ty for the link.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What would be a good notification sound to go with the Doppio ringtone?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Any noise that Moody Blues makes

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if Gold Experience could turn someone into a rock if Giorno knew that was a possibility of "healing".

The King Crimson time skip SFX?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
rocks are not alive by most definitions of life so gold experience could probably not create a rock

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, Golden Experience can't inflict the kinds of body horror Crazy Diamond was capable of because Crazy Diamond's power is to "fix" things by reverting them to an earlier, undamaged state... but it's possible for separate things to be "fixed" into a single object if Josuke wants. That's not to say Giorno wouldn't be capable of doing other kinds of hosed up body horror poo poo to people if he put his mind to it, just that he's not going to be turning Diavolo into a traffic light or a mailbox or anything like that.

Edit: Though now I'm wondering if Giorno could continue his father's work creating man-cats with Golden Experience.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 20, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

rocks are not alive by most definitions of life so gold experience could probably not create a rock

Oh right, brick snake was the other way around.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, Golden Experience can't inflict the kinds of body horror Crazy Diamond was capable of because Crazy Diamond's power is to "fix" things by reverting them to an earlier, undamaged state... but it's possible for separate things to be "fixed" into a single object if Josuke wants. That's not to say Giorno wouldn't be capable of doing other kinds of hosed up body horror poo poo to people if he put his mind to it, just that he's not going to be turning Diavolo into a traffic light or a mailbox or anything like that.

Edit: Though now I'm wondering if Giorno could continue his father's work creating man-cats with Golden Experience.

I think the most alarming idea is what he could do to someone with fillings or a pacemaker.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I bet he's the type that would go for cat-girls instead.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I feel like you could definitely punch some Stands. Like Baby Face came out of a lady, he's a physical thing in the world, you could beat up that little freak

It mostly depends on if they physically manifest themselves in some way or not, though punching most stands that can do that would just get you hosed up

Darth Walrus posted:

I think the most alarming idea is what he could do to someone with fillings or a pacemaker.

oh great, my pacemaker has become an angry scorpion AGAIN #justitalythings

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Oh right, brick snake was the other way around.
giorno just loved making snakes in the first half of the part

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

giorno: snakes...the most versatile of creatures...

giorno: isn't it funny how the more limbs it loses the more powerful a creature becomes...

abbacchio: shut the gently caress up giorno i hate you so much

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
snakes love delicious bread

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I still think brick snake is less horseshit than Cioccolata being able to selectively remove and reattach parts of himself because of mold and also surgery.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

I still think brick snake is less horseshit than Cioccolata being able to selectively remove and reattach parts of himself because of mold and also surgery.

Giorno got mad because somebody had a more bullshit power than him.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Grapplejack posted:

The weird part of that is that his parts can somehow move while detached (is that the mold too somehow)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grapplejack posted:

Honestly I could see it. Normally would die horribly of blood loss and other poo poo. But his stand's mold is protecting him from that and animating the parts.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Phantasium posted:

Giorno got mad because somebody had a more bullshit power than him.
I spotted the exact moment where he's like "okay, rear end in a top hat" above and beyond the whole "trying to kill half of Rome" thing.

That's why he got seven pages.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

he creates a turtle. turtle is a rock

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Grapplejack posted:

I dunno I find that more reasonable for some reason
I mean the fight is still operating on JoJo Time so it’s not like he spent all that long splitting himself up in pieces. It’s like when Jotaro stopped his own heart or when Bruno ripped out his own heart, or Josuke having a fistfight with a staircase inside him.

Brick snake is just such a leap in logic, “I brought this thing to life inside a deadly virus, so it is now immune to that virus.” And yet in later fights like White Album, it’s a rule that Golden Experience can’t bring organisms to life in an environment that can’t support them! He didn’t create any cold-proof plants now did he!

Augus fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 20, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
For a minute during that episode I thought the reveal with Cioccolata was going to be that he was the mold.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

yeah actually they will posted:

he creates a turtle. turtle is a rock
hmm i did play link's awakening so this checks out

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Anyway board want to go through and tell me the which of the people they fought in this arc lived and which died

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Did Bruno's gang fight this person:

Yes -> They are dead.

No -> Still probably dead because ciocolatta wiped out half of Rome.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Augus posted:

And yet in later fights like White Album, it’s a rule that Golden Experience can’t bring organisms to life in an environment that can’t support them!

Rules are for losers

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Anyway board want to go through and tell me the which of the people they fought in this arc lived and which died

Zucchero (Soft Machine) and Sale (Kraftwerk).

And Koichi, if you count him as having fought Giorno, I guess.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i was just thinking how basically all of the jojos have main villain powers. all of their stands do terrifying horrific poo poo, and if they were evil the completely monstrous things they could do that would make dio seem quaint

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Both Joseph and Dio did have Hermit Purple.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zyla posted:

i was just thinking how basically all of the jojos have main villain powers. all of their stands do terrifying horrific poo poo, and if they were evil the completely monstrous things they could do that would make dio seem quaint

At a baseline Jotaro had Dio’s powers minus his hosed up vampire poo poo and then yeah it just spirals, Josuke’s first establishing character moment involves him permanently disfiguring a guy

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

At a baseline Jotaro had Dio’s powers minus his hosed up vampire poo poo and then yeah it just spirals, Josuke’s first establishing character moment involves him permanently disfiguring a guy

that water dude got it just about as bad as kars ffff

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Maybe Secco.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I forgot Sale survived being shot twice in the head :lol:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xand_Man posted:

I forgot Sale survived being shot twice in the head

His stand prevented the bullet from going too far in.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.

I use Sheer Heart Attack.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MonsterEnvy posted:

His stand prevented the bullet from going too far in.

Yeah I remember just mentally slotted him into the dead category since that's what usually happens when you are shot twice in the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Announces Special Makeup Collection