Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

I was told there is an easy way to get a DoH class from 15-50 just by spamming Quick Synthesis instead of using levekits? How do I go about that?

Find a really easy craft near your level, do it once, go get some XP boosters (through grand company seals) and food, buy like 99 of that material to craft, slam on quick synthesis, go make a cup of tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Be warned.

Check the price of shards first before you commit to this because it can quickly bleed you. For a while I was noticing people chomping up small stacks and then relisting them for a huge mark up.

Givin fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 22, 2019

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Samael posted:

Find a really easy craft near your level, do it once, go get some XP boosters (through grand company seals) and food, buy like 99 of that material to craft, slam on quick synthesis, go make a cup of tea.

So in the case of Leatherworking, which is level 15 right now. I should just spam an item which is around 15? and then after the 99 crafts I'll just pick up where I end up?

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Sacro posted:

This is the ideal state of desynthesis. You may not like it, but this is what peak shb preparation looks like.

What did you do to go past 320? Just run dungeons?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Bobfly posted:

Use your centurio seals.

Algid fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 22, 2019

aers
Feb 15, 2012

If you're willing to grind hunts forever seals can get you to 360~ (with upgraded i340 gear).

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Bobfly posted:

Can use Yellow Scrips as well. I'll likely do this more when Yellow becomes the new Red

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Keep in mind only the right side (+ belt) yellow scrip gear is desynthable, so that's LTW GSM and..maybe one of the acc is CRP? I dont remember.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Zack Ater posted:

The dissention in the replies was because there are some spells that at first glance seem like they should be upgrades, but actually aren't. The Cure spells are an example of such. Cure 1 heals less but is more MP efficient; Cure 2 heals more but is very MP inefficient; Cure 3 is an AoE heal. You shouldn't take off Cure 1 when you get Cure 2, they fill different niches.

I've been levelling my WHM, and maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I almost never use Cure 1. When a DPS is a little hurt I put a regen on them, it'll cover the damage + be around for the next fuckup they're inevitably going to make.

For the tank I exclusively use Cure 2. It's less MP efficient, but more GCD efficient. The less GCDs I spend on healing, the better. Not like I'll run out of MP anyway, when not spamming holy.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
The Hunt, eh. I've been doing it for 290-320, but been finding it slow on daily hunts and B-ranks. Is the A-/S-rank thing still going on? I've never really done that.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Bobfly posted:

The Hunt, eh. I've been doing it for 290-320, but been finding it slow on daily hunts and B-ranks. Is the A-/S-rank thing still going on? I've never really done that.

Get into a hunt linkshell and you'll find people doing hunts all the time. I've killed more S-ranks in the last month since being invited into an LS than I have in the years prior of playing.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Bobfly posted:

Not sure if Primal has one but Aether has a discord with frequently announced A trains and S ranks across the data center.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Philonius posted:

I've been levelling my WHM, and maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I almost never use Cure 1. When a DPS is a little hurt I put a regen on them, it'll cover the damage + be around for the next fuckup they're inevitably going to make.

For the tank I exclusively use Cure 2. It's less MP efficient, but more GCD efficient. The less GCDs I spend on healing, the better. Not like I'll run out of MP anyway, when not spamming holy.

I find that unless a DPS is routinely standing in stuff they shouldn't, then cure 1 tends to work out better than a hot because for the most part the hot does a lot of over healing. I suppose it doesn't really matter that much in dungeons where your MP shouldn't be as much of an issue though.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

In dungeons i suspect economy of gcds is more important than mana economy because more rocks means less healing needed because they die faster.

Do not take this as informed opnion.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

You absolutely want to minimize GCD heals, yeah. Cure 1's niche imo is situations where you're going to have to be wasting a lot of GCDs on single-target healing for some reason - like the tank's woefully undergeared - or if you just got rezzed and your MP management buttons are on cooldown or you're synced too low for them, stuff like that. It's not a large niche, but it's significant enough to keep Cure 1 on your bar. Cure 2 is much more generally useful, but not to the point of removing Cure 1 entirely.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also getting sync to under cure2 levels

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lmao

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

stuff like that is absolutely mythical to me because ive blown a healer lb early in a dungeon for laughs and I barely get chastised let alone kicked

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I've been hearing about it happening a lot more frequently recently.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's this weird loving Elixir syndrome where every resource has to be saved until it's absolutely necessary. I've seen it with LBs, usually caster on trash, but I've had tanks get pissy if I used Benediction or healers get annoyed if use Hallowed Ground on trash.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's this weird loving Elixir syndrome where every resource has to be saved until it's absolutely necessary. I've seen it with LBs, usually caster on trash, but I've had tanks get pissy if I used Benediction or healers get annoyed if use Hallowed Ground on trash.

The worst I've seen this is when someone got Real Mad at me for using one of those dinosaur pomanders in a 51-60 POTD run when we were in a room with like 12 mobs in it and I just wanted to clear it fast. "We might need it later, you're an idiot, i demand optimal play for my 51-60 runs" etc.

Fast forward to a few minutes later when me and the other cool guy in the party were standing at the open exit to the floor while the jerk and his jerk friend needlessly rushed into a dead end room full of enemies

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain the RDM changes to me like I'm an idiot? What's different about the rotation?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

UHD posted:

stuff like that is absolutely mythical to me because ive blown a healer lb early in a dungeon for laughs and I barely get chastised let alone kicked

what's even funnier is, i was playing with another dps friend, and he voted no obviously, so both the healer and tank had to click yes, and what the gently caress are they gonna use the lb for in braflox??

e: also they probably had to abort because my friend quit too after they killed the next pack. i don't think they knew how to search for more players lmao

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain the RDM changes to me like I'm an idiot? What's different about the rotation?

AoE is now like single target, you alternate Verthunder II / Veraero II (fast casts) with Scatter (slow cast, upgrades to Impact later on) instead of just spamming Scatter. Enchanted Moulinet is 20/20 mana instead of 30/30.

Single target is basically identical but you press the Scorch button (which replaces Jolt II after Verholy/flare) which gives iirc 5/5 mana. Reprise isn't used in your standard rotation, iirc The Balance discord says it looks like you'll only really use it for delaying your melee combo if necessary or as a last resort for movement

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Verranicus posted:

You have a new skill after flare/holy. You have a displacement for cowards and an ogcd mana dump. You have an aoe thunder/aero. Mostly QoL otherwise.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

You have a new skill after flare/holy. You have a displacement for cowards and an ogcd mana dump. You have an aoe thunder/aero. Mostly QoL otherwise.

Reprise isn't ogcd

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Countblanc posted:

Reprise isn't ogcd

Just instant then?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Astroniomix posted:

I've been hearing about it happening a lot more frequently recently.

Happened to me in Bardam's a few weeks ago. I popped it on trash as soon as we got it, tank yelled at me and said we needed it for the final boss. Yeah, arguably, it does make the final boss a little easier, but we were on the first trash pull after the first boss, so I told him we'd definitely have it back before the end. Of course we did, and I popped it again on trash just out of principle. Surprisingly, instead of me getting vote kicked, the tank just abandoned duty.

I blame wow refugees.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

Happened to me in Bardam's a few weeks ago. I popped it on trash as soon as we got it, tank yelled at me and said we needed it for the final boss. Yeah, arguably, it does make the final boss a little easier, but we were on the first trash pull after the first boss, so I told him we'd definitely have it back before the end. Of course we did, and I popped it again on trash just out of principle. Surprisingly, instead of me getting vote kicked, the tank just abandoned duty.

I blame wow refugees.

same

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Just instant then?

Yeah. It's 10/10 mana for 300 potency (it's also ranged if Enchanted). If the numbers stay the same as the April build we saw it will be used very sparingly, but those might change - it really depends on if SE designed it to be a galaxy brain minmax tool for people with brain worms like me to optimize and otherwise mostly ignore, or if it's supposed to be used somewhat regularly. Or if it's just RDM Scathe

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The worst I've gotten when doing ranged lb on trash is a "Why?" And then I explain why and I get no further complaints.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

This is why I always do dungeons as WHM, so the only communication I have with the party is <refresh> or <mana shift> when I need to holy more.

wrt limit breaks it also means I can do a significant number of passive aggressive Healing Winds when the dps limps to the end with a full bar.

Algid fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 22, 2019

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Boy does this remind me of a discussion from a few pages back.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Dropping an LB2 on trash was one of my few joys while doing Main Scenario Roulette as BLM

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BTW if anyone is looking to get into raiding for Shadowbringers, I've got a brand new static that is forming and we're looking for a melee dps to fill our last slot (though we can be a little flexible with the role). Right now our tentative schedule is Mondays and Fridays starting at 9pm Eastern. No raid experience necessary, we have a few fresh newbies but also some former hardcore veterans. If you're interested, send me a PM!

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Ya hate to see it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
:hfive: kicked from dungeon by idiots buddy

Really what gets me is that these morons get one or two others to support their insane kick requests in the first place.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

orcane posted:

Really what gets me is that these morons get one or two others to support their insane kick requests in the first place.

Probably it ought to be that 3 people need to agree to a kick for it to go through.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

orcane posted:

Yeah, these people are aggressively stupid. Every boss is a pushover anyway, you don't need LB for it. And using a caster LB on a big trash pack is objectively the most bang for your buck.

And even if it wasn't, kicking someone for using an LB at the wrong time is such pathetic petty poo poo. What a bunch of trash people.

Krabboss posted:

Probably it ought to be that 3 people need to agree to a kick for it to go through.

Also this. Don't give assholes + 1 friend the power to kick people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I got kicked once from Hell's Lid as a RDM cause the healer died on the first boss, and I tunneled a bit and didn't notice they were dead until we won. We cleared it fine, but they sarcastically said "Thanks for the quick raise", and I gave a sarcastic "no problem." The group then stood around doing laughing and waving emotes until they could kick me. People can be real weird.