Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

we don't have a chill 7+ hour jrpg run but we have 4 hours of glitchless pokemon

this is truly the cursed timeline

Gimme 7 hours of FF7 again instead please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
For the AGDQ 2019 pre-show, I had to operate (and not mix up) 2 keyboards. For this pre-show, I'm using 2 keyboards, 2 mice, AND a PS4 controller.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

we don't have a chill 7+ hour jrpg run but we have 4 hours of glitchless pokemon

this is truly the cursed timeline

6 hour Chrono Trigger for the finale again, tho.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

6 hour Chrono Trigger for the finale again, tho.

run by puwexil no less, the chillest runner.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

uh i'm looking at the schedule and it clearly says the last run is a 10 minute run of some game called Finale :colbert:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

uh i'm looking at the schedule and it clearly says the last run is a 10 minute run of some game called Finale :colbert:

Again? That one always goes over estimate.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

mangler103 posted:

Everyone mark your calendars for the prize I sent in, and HDMI modded NES top loader, and I managed to find a dogbone to include:

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/prize/2435

Looks like it got dropped in the Megaman and TASbot block.

Oh man, awesome. I own a top loader and have wanted to RGB or HDMI mod it forever, but putting it off. Def donating for yrs

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

real talk i haven't actually looked at the schedule like, at all, because i love GDQ and will watch pretty much anything and i'll have it on as often as i can.

everyone else was saying no jrpg run so i believed it. i did a brief scan of the schedule to see but saw there was pokemon and got sad because there's literally only ever been one good pokemon run at gdq and it sure as hell wasn't glitchless.

good to hear puwexil is closing it out though. he's great. super chill.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

i caught the glitchless 100% CT run he did at RPG limit break and it was fab, glad to see my boy puwexil getting more play year after year

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
the pokemon crystal run is cool if you like hearing about route math and planning. it's not super interesting beyond that though.

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006
It's weird watching FFVI end again and getting echos of the energy before hitting 2 mil from a year ago.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Horny isn't prohibited this year. :smith:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

the pokemon crystal run is cool if you like hearing about route math and planning. it's not super interesting beyond that though.

It's fun to hear, the issue for me is usually when the strategy is running too strict and it hits an RNG battle that needs a 1/20 chance or whatever to actually get past it.

Also, hope they start right when it hits 2 million on the replay from SGDQ 2018.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I wore my GDQ shirts at Disneyworld earlier this year and was constantly getting flagged down by people who wanted to high-five me or ask where I got them. Some of them were even staff members - one nice lady had a Dr. Mario tattoo she showed me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a mirror of the stream off twitch? My work blocks twitch and only twitch while YouTube works fine.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Floodkiller posted:

It's fun to hear, the issue for me is usually when the strategy is running too strict and it hits an RNG battle that needs a 1/20 chance or whatever to actually get past it.

iirc the crystal route is almost entirely safe past the very early game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, I love GDQ. The thing I'm looking forward to most this year is just a large audience getting to see Invictus, which is just a stunningly good rom hack

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

GigaPeon posted:

Is it only live on Twitch? Apparently Roku took down the third party Twitch app...

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/how-to-add-twitch-to-your-roku-player-roku-tv/

This worked for me. Watching it on Roku now

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

big jon has something to say about that

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

IT STARTS (in a half hour)

Nice Marble Madness remix! Also, is that a GDQ mascot or is it from some game I don't recognize?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Floodkiller posted:

IT STARTS (in a half hour)

Nice Marble Madness remix! Also, is that a GDQ mascot or is it from some game I don't recognize?

looks new to me

love this fast flaming road runner

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Novasol posted:

I wore my GDQ shirts at Disneyworld earlier this year and was constantly getting flagged down by people who wanted to high-five me or ask where I got them. Some of them were even staff members - one nice lady had a Dr. Mario tattoo she showed me.

this reminded me a guy working at my nearby mcdonald's recognized my dragon quest slimes shirt from one of these, that was pretty neat

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
New mascot is cute as hecc.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

I'll only be able to catch the intro before I head out to the Pride parade today but I'm looking forward to another Summer of more comfy and less horny posting! :shittydog:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GDQ is gonna own

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I didn't end up going, because I'm too tired. On the other hand, I did end up ordering :burger:
I feel like I made the right choice.

Also, I'm pressing start already, but nothing's happening. orz

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

eonwe posted:

GDQ is gonna own

:emptyquote:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oooh poo poo, I just noticed Mega Man 4 Minus Infinity is on the schedule. That games owwwwwns and is also absurdly hard (even by Mega Man romhack standards)

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm in love with the Bowser shirt from Yetee, gonna order the gently caress out of that soon.

Also in love with GrandPooWorld/Invictus/Super Mario World 96 exit this week :swoon:

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

I see that CovertMuffin is doing a co-op run of Red Alert 3 instead of continuing WarCraft III this time, which is neat but I was hoping to see how he would break the Night Elf campaign, especially since the last level is just survive for 45 minutes.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Oh man, awesome. I own a top loader and have wanted to RGB or HDMI mod it forever, but putting it off. Def donating for yrs

If you're comfortable with desoldering the PPU and CPU, the HDMI mod is pretty easy, actually. But getting those chips off the board is a huge hassle without the right tools.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Rirse posted:

Is there a mirror of the stream off twitch? My work blocks twitch and only twitch while YouTube works fine.
Does the little Twitch inset on the GDQ website also get blocked at your office? I’ve had some success in the past with that at my last office, but idk if that’s just a quirk of their half-assed efforts at IT.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Genthil posted:

I see that CovertMuffin is doing a co-op run of Red Alert 3 instead of continuing WarCraft III this time, which is neat but I was hoping to see how he would break the Night Elf campaign, especially since the last level is just survive for 45 minutes.

I just looked and I'm disappointed that it's the Soviet campaign so we don't get to see the best video clip in the game (from the Allied campaign):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZpcdp2v34

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MagusofStars posted:

Does the little Twitch inset on the GDQ website also get blocked at your office? I’ve had some success in the past with that at my last office, but idk if that’s just a quirk of their half-assed efforts at IT.

Twitch itself loads but the video goes offline if you hit play. Same if on a place like multitwitch.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The music for this title screen has been super chill so far.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
here's to hoping GDQ mascot kaizo run for AGDQ 2020.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am excited to watch this from the start as I was surprised how much fun I had watching the Winter one when I stumbled across it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

a.lo posted:

Don't worry I know who the bad posters are. Be on alert.

Do I qualify as bad?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

axelblaze posted:

Oooh poo poo, I just noticed Mega Man 4 Minus Infinity is on the schedule. That games owwwwwns and is also absurdly hard (even by Mega Man romhack standards)
Holy poo poo piss loving yes.
It's everything I've ever wanted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Loving the colors, looking forward to having the inverts be burned into my OLED for weeks