Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
I've been getting surveys, are you going places with location turned on? I usually get one a day for two weeks after heading to the local mall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I've been getting at least one survey a day for a while now.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I have a pixel 2 xl and still get surveys regularly but it seems to trigger more if I go somewhere new. I think it gets used to your normal places and stops triggering them after a while. When i travel I always get a couple and if I go to lunch on the other side of town or something I seem to also.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Moto G6 and I just got a survey from going to the hardware store. Location based ones are pretty much the most common ones for me, but occasionally I get a "Do you like this incredibly super niche interest for rich people?????" survey.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 20, 2019

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

zenguitarman posted:

I haven't gotten a survey in a loooonnnnng time... I just got a pixel too and logged into the app thinking that would do it, but still no dice. Does it just tap out after a while?

If you lie on some of the surveys, it automatically opts you out and your surveys come way less frequently, if at all. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey, that Harry Potter meets Pokemon Go game released for me today.. I guess I pre-registered at some point? I think the official release is tomorrow but maybe people who pre-registered get it early? At any rate, have a link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.hpwu.prod&hl=en_US

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I've found that the survey bucks ebb and flow. Sometimes I won't get one for a month, sometimes I'll get several a day for weeks.

Never lie, though. Recipe for disaster.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I lied a bunch on surveys a few years ago and it took me over a year to start getting surveys again. I get one just about every day now though!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
the closest I come to lying is when they ask if I was at a place that was next door (same parking lot) to were I was and I say yes.

Oh I also always say I bought things with cash or don't have the receipt.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

I've found that the survey bucks ebb and flow. Sometimes I won't get one for a month, sometimes I'll get several a day for weeks.

Never lie, though. Recipe for disaster.

If you lie, lie in a way that Google doesn't catch. Somehow. Or accept that you'll be getting $.10/"No, grandmother Google, I haven't found any children for my household." forever.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Trastion posted:

the closest I come to lying is when they ask if I was at a place that was next door (same parking lot) to were I was and I say yes.

Oh I also always say I bought things with cash or don't have the receipt.

I trash receipts almost immediately, but you still get bux if you just say you weren't at a place. One of the lights I get stuck at is in between a trifecta of Target, Home Depot, and Discount Tire, so it used to be able to get 3 surveys in a row - Were you at place 1? Were you at place 2? Were you at place 3? Now I get notifications but no survey, which makes me sad. :(

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dragongem posted:

occasionally I get a "Do you like this incredibly super niche interest for rich people?????" survey.
I think google are trying to work out what the gently caress I am. They keep asking me what industry I work in, if I'm a student, what my household income is and if i'm a homeowner.

The best i've been able to get across to them is 'other (entertainment),' no, less than 25k, yes.* They keep asking, and I feel like it's some confused part of the algorithm going 'no this can't be right, ask him again.'

* I'm self employed writing amazon smut for less than minimum wage and my wife inherited the house

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Every day when I get home from work, Google asks me if I bought anything at work. Then it gives me money. I figured eventually it would figure out that I work there, but eight months later it's still wondering what I'm up to at the grocery store every day.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think google are trying to work out what the gently caress I am. They keep asking me what industry I work in, if I'm a student, what my household income is and if i'm a homeowner.

The best i've been able to get across to them is 'other (entertainment),' no, less than 25k, yes.* They keep asking, and I feel like it's some confused part of the algorithm going 'no this can't be right, ask him again.'

* I'm self employed writing amazon smut for less than minimum wage and my wife inherited the house

I routinely confuse Google, too--I'm an Imaging Director at a cluster of radio stations, and I'm always searching for the widest range of random poo poo--mostly audio--but I've gotten the occupation survey at least 12 times in the last 6 months. I keep entering Broadcasting but the write-ins don't seem to appease it. The good thing is that I've made quite a bit of app cash because of it.

I also get a ton of WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO? questions, but there's never a place to enter, "Just because I like to watch one person do something doesn't mean I want to see EVERY person who does that thing do it as well."

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Oh hey survey chat instead of games chat!

My favorite is getting surveys because my wife goes somewhere. Yes Google I was there, I can bi-locate.

So there's a couple more "run a shop" games out. Shop Titans is an extremely direct Shop Heroes clone. Like minor mechanical differences aside it's the same game. Still giving it a shot because it's my jam. Annoying that it has a $10/mo subscription that gets you free loot on each quest. They dangle it in front of you all the time uuugh.

Guildmasters just hit Early Access and it's from the guys that made Merchant. It's kinda the same but lots of mechanical differences. Not sure I like it as much it's not as hands on as Merchant.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The surveys give me confidence that Google don't know what the gently caress is going on. Do you have children? Do you have a job? Did you shop here? I forgot, did you have Children again?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Oh hey survey chat instead of games chat!

My favorite is getting surveys because my wife goes somewhere. Yes Google I was there, I can bi-locate.

So there's a couple more "run a shop" games out. Shop Titans is an extremely direct Shop Heroes clone. Like minor mechanical differences aside it's the same game. Still giving it a shot because it's my jam. Annoying that it has a $10/mo subscription that gets you free loot on each quest. They dangle it in front of you all the time uuugh.

Guildmasters just hit Early Access and it's from the guys that made Merchant. It's kinda the same but lots of mechanical differences. Not sure I like it as much it's not as hands on as Merchant.

Speaking of Shop Heroes, I go into their forums like every few months to see if they've added anything (since I was hooked on it for awhile), and the answer is "nope, not really". Though people still play it, I guess.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
To add relevance to the discussion of actual games, has anybody checked out that Pirates! Slay The Spire ripoff game? It's kind of fun, but definitely geared toward IAP nonsense. It's grindy as hell. Still kind of a fun time-waster...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Aramoro posted:

The surveys give me confidence that Google don't know what the gently caress is going on. Do you have children? Do you have a job? Did you shop here? I forgot, did you have Children again?

I think asking if you have kids or a job or something often is a clunky way of asking if your life has changed in some drastic way so they don't upset you down the road. Also, it could catch you in a lie or just skipping through questions.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I enjoyed the free decks from Night of the Full Moon. Should I pay for any of the others, or does the game play stay as repetitive? Any recs. on this theme?

Still would like a not poo poo AFK Arena guild if that's a thing.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I have a friend who lies nonstop to Google and he somehow always gets x3 as many surveys as I do. GIMME THE FUNBUCKS YOU CLOWNS :mad:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

drat horror queefs posted:

I have a friend who lies nonstop to Google and he somehow always gets x3 as many surveys as I do. GIMME THE FUNBUCKS YOU CLOWNS :mad:

My gf works downtown, I work at the edge of the city. I'm lucky to get a survey or two a month, she get's three or four every week.

Dawn of Isles is fun, and really well made, but there's almost too much to do in it. Between the daily quest board, your supply pier, the errands for the tribe, various timed events, not to mention the sidequests, I never actually get around to moving forward in the main quest.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Morpheus posted:

My gf works downtown, I work at the edge of the city. I'm lucky to get a survey or two a month, she get's three or four every week.

Dawn of Isles is fun, and really well made, but there's almost too much to do in it. Between the daily quest board, your supply pier, the errands for the tribe, various timed events, not to mention the sidequests, I never actually get around to moving forward in the main quest.

Since I realized I'm way ahead on levels I'm just plowing through the main quest to unlock features.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

the way I know skynet will not take over is that location data still can't tell whether I'm in a store, on the parking lot, or in a bus driving by the store

Wheeler W Wetherby
Sep 30, 2004

• Has an O-level in camel-hygiene
  • Can count up to 4

Lone Goat posted:

I'm looking for another deck building game like Dominion or Ascension, but not a combat/rpg/whatever like Night of the Full Moon or Slay the Spire. Any suggestions?

edit already have Star Realms

I liked Shards of Infinity.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

zenguitarman posted:

I haven't gotten a survey in a loooonnnnng time... I just got a pixel too and logged into the app thinking that would do it, but still no dice. Does it just tap out after a while?

Did you lie on one of the "test" questions

Apparently they can blacklist you for lying about things they know about.

Edit: woah a whole page of posts saying the same thing that I missed....

norp fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 21, 2019

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Underlords, Valve's auto chess game, is out now. It looks nice and has some good QoL stuff over drodo's auto chess but it feels kinda clunky.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rewards chat again (sorry) - Google must have seen my support email but didn't respond because overnight I got back-paid for like $1.57 worth of surveys I've taken over the past few weeks, plus I've gotten bombarded with new ones apparently tied to my toddler watching YouTube on an old tablet. Neat.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I think google thought I was lying because it kept asking for the receipts.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I've never been asked for a receipt but generally I'm paying with Google pay and choose credit card.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
There any good Warhammer or Warhammer 40k games on the Android?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

There any good Warhammer or Warhammer 40k games on the Android?

The best 40k game isn't a 40k game. Called Templar Battleforce, really great turn based tactical rpg in a shameless copy of the 40k universe. You play as Space Marines. There is a free demo to try out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The best 40k game isn't a 40k game. Called Templar Battleforce, really great turn based tactical rpg in a shameless copy of the 40k universe. You play as Space Marines. There is a free demo to try out.

Isn't that Space Hulk with the serial numbers filed off?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh yeah, had that on the PC ages ago. I'll just grab the regular game vs the demo. Thanks

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

Isn't that Space Hulk with the serial numbers filed off?

Sort of, similar concept. Lot's of character progression though, big skill trees, gear upgrading, customization, etc. Any actual licensed Warhammer games tend to be dogshit. Spacewolf is alright, but Templar Battleforce is better.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 23, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sort of, similar concept. Lot's of character progression though, big skill trees, gear upgrading, customization, etc. Any actual licensed Warhammer games tend to be dogshit. Spacewolf is alright, but Templar Battleforce is better.

I was thinking of Templar Assault by the same dev

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Best airplane mode games? I dont really like rouge or rpg games.

I have the candy crushes, gardenscapes, clockmaker, cn match, minesweeper, archero, crossyroad, thebrunning surfer game , dead city. Mr robot.

Any suggestions?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

I was thinking of Templar Assault by the same dev

Battleforce is the sequel, and it is better.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

fyallm posted:

Best airplane mode games? I dont really like rouge or rpg games.

I have the candy crushes, gardenscapes, clockmaker, cn match, minesweeper, archero, crossyroad, thebrunning surfer game , dead city. Mr robot.

Any suggestions?

Stardew Valley really is perfect in mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Stardew Valley really is perfect in mobile.

Isn't that an rpg?