Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I play fem au ra about 70% of the time, I've had one or two "cute outfit"s or "you're cute"s in drs from 2.0 to now. Now shirtless male roe or male roe in a bunny outfit does things to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't afk in Limsa anymore because I got like 2-3 creepy whispers like every month.

You know, I've never really hung around in Limsa Lominsa because it always seemed so crowded and Ul'dah has always just been my go-to location. Maybe that's why my female lalafell is relatively creep-free.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't afk in Limsa anymore because I got like 2-3 creepy whispers like every month.
This is probably the biggest part of actually getting attention.

I AFK near my FC house and I haven't had any creepy tells, ever. Just people occasionally asking for info. Some glam compliments in DR occasionally.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

edit: Nope, no more. Actually, considering that I've been playing this game for ... almost six years now, that I've only really had one genuinely bad experience with pubs says a lot about the game, I think.
I've had more but a lot of that was from HW relic light farms that kicked me for being a PLD and dropping A1 clear times by 20-30 seconds. 'Cause that really sucked.

It's also somewhat balanced out by the fun I had in 6/7 tank runs of that :v:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Aaaaaahhhh I can't believe I missed the DGKK photo jam :(

Well, I can at least say that I was there in spirit, as the collective swole presented in the pics represented one Baph

almost, maybe 87% Baph swoleness, but enough

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Leal posted:

Oh are we talking about weirdos?

Same person. Also I've been invited to random LSes that were a clear hookup LS.

E: Seriously, quit calling my catgirl a kitty or cat. CatGIRL. That last bit is important. My character isn't a drat domesticated feline!

I think it's really hosed up that you black out this person's name.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

Must be playing some ugly character :smuggo:

Well, it's certainly gone down since I popped a fantasia.

Been screwing around with being a potato, am debating between holding that long enough to get through the Dwarf area, or going straight to Hrothgar on SHB launch.

If not, it might be back to Roe depending on how sad Hrothgar makes me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, it's certainly gone down since I popped a fantasia.

Been screwing around with being a potato, am debating between holding that long enough to get through the Dwarf area, or going straight to Hrothgar on SHB launch.

If not, it might be back to Roe depending on how sad Hrothgar makes me.

That Lalafell is the only time I've liked the motorcycle mount.

Still never going to change my mind about the stupid Regalia though

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I tend to get licked a lot, but I suppose that’s what I get for naming my character Manslab Beefsizzle.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You mean you guys *don't* get hit on at least once every few months? 😬

I've been playing MMOs for years, always as female characters, but I've never had this problem. I genuinely don't know why.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think I've mentioned this before but I expressly switched to lala because on every other race I tried a lady character with I'd get unwelcome and weird messages. It was worst with au ra for sure. Now I only get tells from people whose irl pets have the same name as me.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
The one weird encounter that I can remember was on my elezen dude. Some short girl came up and started emoting amorously at him. And then sometime later she sent a bottle of wine and some flowers in the mail. And then I never heard from her again, thank god.

Meanwhile on my main I'll get the occasional compliment on a nice glam, and on my lala with a stupid name I'll get people telling me how funny it is. I have been pretty fortunate so far!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've literally never gotten weird/unwelcome messages and I started playing on Balmung.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The most I've gotten is people being shocked at seeing a fem-roe.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I play on an RP server but don't really RP, and the worst I get on my female elezen main that I tried to make look like an SNES FF character is a couple of either genuine compliments about her look, or people trying to segue from a genuine-seeming compliment into being skeevy.

That lulled me into a false sense of security. I made a female miqo'te alt and OH GOD.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
No one hits on my Fem Elezen, although I mostly just afk inside my house, I should probably get out more. I did get a tell complimenting my glamour once, which was super nice.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I very rarely get weird messages. Someone told me I looked like a luchador once though, which was very kind of them to say.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I have a healthy request for my fellow tank players. When we get a raid or dungeon in which the other tank is new, or if we have people who are new to the duty, while the mechanics are being explained can you try to not be absolute toxic filthy by engaging the boss without a ready check? And failing that after we wipe the first time, do not spam the ready check over and over again.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't think I ever got a creepy PM as a dragongirl, which makes me feel mildly insulted.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Anything I should buy from Make it Rain event store before event ends?

EDIT: Also finally finished maxing all battle/crafting/gathering classes just in time.

Now I can enjoy a few days without worrying about EXP before the cycle begins anew

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I've only gotten a couple weird tells as a catgirl and I 100% chalk that up to not afking in any major hubs and always hanging out at my or the fc house.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I play a female character and I've never gotten creepy tells. I do get called a bitch or oval office a lot though. It's given me a lot of perspective on things.

merry_trootsmas
Apr 10, 2018
someone once asked me if I wanted to be their mommy in a platonic sense and to this day I don't know what to think of it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
no one's ever sexually harassed my catgirl but that's probably because she's named Slavoj Zizek.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
When I was on Gilgamesh I got a few "hot boi" comments, but from Excal or Ultros, I've gotten nothing

which is rude because I'm out here looking like this

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's kind of weird that it just hit me that we'll need a Shadowbringers thread soon. Huh, felt like there was more time.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

That Lalafell is the only time I've liked the motorcycle mount.

Still never going to change my mind about the stupid Regalia though

K-kansei dorifto?!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Namnesor posted:

When I was on Gilgamesh I got a few "hot boi" comments, but from Excal or Ultros, I've gotten nothing

which is rude because I'm out here looking like this

That is the manliest Cat-Man I've ever seen

Well done :golfclap:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Since we're sharing screenshots, my own character, who I'm still pretty proud of:

I designed her to look like specifically an SNES-era design, both by trying to look Amano As gently caress and trying to get an appropriate color scheme. She's actually the closest I could get to one of the, like, four possible overworld/party character sprite palettes in FFVI.

I'm still attached to one of the interim designs I ended up with before finding the right clothes, though. Looking like an evil wizard in a fantasy take on the seventies.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Giraffe Squad Best Squad.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

if we're elfposting, this is me celebrating my new emote

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Cleretic posted:

trying to get an appropriate color scheme.

Your character reminded me of Mokey Fraggle.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i got gunblade early lol!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i am not an elf but nevertheless i approve of elfposts

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Baby T. Love posted:

Your character reminded me of Mokey Fraggle.

Yeah, I'm into it, I can see it. She does have roughly the same color scheme.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Elfposting and Catposting in the one image

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kerrzhe posted:

I've been playing MMOs for years, always as female characters, but I've never had this problem. I genuinely don't know why.

Same. The few times anyone has talked about my character has just been about cool/cute glams. And the one time a goon's wife said they liked my magician's assistant outfit.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

DontMindMe posted:

Anything I should buy from Make it Rain event store before event ends?

EDIT: Also finally finished maxing all battle/crafting/gathering classes just in time.

Now I can enjoy a few days without worrying about EXP before the cycle begins anew

If you don't have the transparent Makai shield, it's an easy way to get a unique glamour that's on limited time.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Smug lizard posting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You mean you guys *don't* get hit on at least once every few months? 😬

Never gotten a hit on whisper. The key is hat power.