Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Tythas posted:

AITA For enabling my boyfriends fantasy

lol at this dork. Either you want to see your partner get railed by someone else, or you don't. Make up your mind, preferably before it starts happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My theory is, the girl maybe likes him. But she doesn't hang out enough with him to know anything about him. She's not going to break up her current relationship for a guy she doesn't know anything about, but figures maybe if he shows any amount of interest, she might be ready to move on.

Meanwhile, this dude is on Captain Red Pill poo poo, thinking "NEVER HAVE FEMALE FRIENDS, ONLY gently caress THEM" instead of playing it cool as Dean Martin.

Go to the party, bring some wine, have fun, make people laugh, flirt a little, but make it clear that "alas, it will never work, because you are already have a boyfriend", and then dip out early. You gotta always leave them wanting more.

If she is interested in you, you'll know. If not, at least you went to a party, you huge reddit loser

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol at this dork. Either you want to see your partner get railed by someone else, or you don't. Make up your mind, preferably before it starts happening.

My thinking exactly

"I always wanted my girl friend to act like a total slut with a man with a huge dick... but not like this!!!!!"

gtfo

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ElGroucho posted:

My thinking exactly

"I always wanted my girl friend to act like a total slut with a man with a huge dick... but not like this!!!!!"

gtfo

Nah dude was jealous that the second was about to dive into her and not him.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ElGroucho posted:

My theory is, the girl maybe likes him. But she doesn't hang out enough with him to know anything about him. She's not going to break up her current relationship for a guy she doesn't know anything about, but figures maybe if he shows any amount of interest, she might be ready to move on
What in the post makes you think this? I read it as just a friendly co-worker.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

AITA for a shirt that I bought a couple weeks ago?

quote:

I'm an openly straight 32 year old guy. I'm also supportive of the gays and my son is gay himself. I take him to pride every year and its a great time. However I recently bought a shirt that has ruffled some feathers. It says "LGTB Ladies Girls Tits Boobs". It's not supposed to be taken seriously it's just a funny shirt that I liked. My son bitched about how "disrespectful" it was. His boyfriend thought it was funny though but my son bitched to my wife about it and my wife bitched at me how its also "sexist". I told her and my son that he can wear whatever shirt he wants to represent his sexual preference and I'll do the same drat thing. AITA?

lmao at "openly straight"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
"the gays"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

i vomit kittens posted:

Just how old is this gay son supposed to be? He's been taking the son to pride parades for years?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Just how old is this gay son supposed to be? He's been taking the son to pride parades for years?

14 at the oldest I would have to guess but I feel like the age should say 42 or 52 because holy poo poo the guy is an idiot.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I preferred the days when my openly straight son was in the closet. I really appreciated how we would make out with his gay friends to keep the act going. My husband and I were completely blown away when he came out.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

i vomit kittens posted:

Only brushes his teeth when he remember to. Doesn't own socks that go below his ankles. Consistently misses patches on his neck when shaving. Same haircut since high school. Only uses instagram to follow beer enthusiast accounts. Feels uncomfortable about most rap lyrics. STEM degree. Strong opinions about the Avengers. Has never liked clubbing. Knows his order at Wendy's without looking at the menu.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
How do I (24F) deal with coworker (23F)?

quote:

Okay so this is a throwaway because I don’t want anyone from work to stumble across this.

I started a new job in March, we’re a very small team (there’s 4 of us excluding the manager) and my coworker, I’ll name her Beth, is the only girl.

My trouble is that she literally rejects my offers of invitation to go anywhere. I invited her to the pub to watch football but she doesn’t like drinking nor does she like football, but she didn’t make the effort? I just want her to try, because then we can be closer. Beth always rejects invitations around my house, such as BBQs, I invited her out for drinks and it’s always a no. I know she reads and is fairly introverted but I just want her to try, I’m still kinda new at work and it’d be nice to have a female friend.

Is she being unfair? My partner and I both agreed that she’s not giving me a chance.
Are there ways to help me deal with coworker?

TL;DR coworker never goes out with me and I’m getting sick of getting rejected, how do I get her to come out with me?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
"It's unfair that a woman rejects me even though I don't want her to."

How tone deaf is this guy?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wife prioritizes career over kids, not sure I have the desire to fix the marriage

quote:

We are both in our late 20s, and have been married five years. I have a career that I love, and a good job that pays the bills and leaves a little left over. We own our home and have two kids.

Things are...not going well. My wife is in medical school, and is away for three months. The month before she left, her classes were so intense that really she might as well have been gone that month too. This has been incredibly hard on the kids, who are young. It's also been hard on me.

From the start, my wife has never understood that both parents can't have a full-blown career, and do a decent job raising a family. Something has to give, and it's always been me. My wife hasn't made any money in the last three years, so I pay the bills, I take care of the house, raise the kids, and do all of the thousand other things that come up along the way. Basically, I love being a dad but I never wanted to give up my career.

I really don't have a problem making all of these sacrifices. My problem is that my wife literally expresses no appreciation for what I do. She says that there's no reason to say thanks because what I do is "just expected." I could have jumped off a cliff when she said that. Even thinking about it now raises my blood pressure. In my head, it costs literally nothing to say "thank you," or "you're a great dad," or "I appreciate what you are doing for the family," but she won't do it. I honestly feel like my wife's dad. Like she's just using me to support her until she graduates.

My wife has also been incredibly immature. She wants to go out and party with her friends at clubs, and brought up wanting an open marriage this year. I guess it's 2019, so whatever, but the problem was she had a specific guy in mind she wanted to sleep with. Before that, she had "crushes" on two other guys in her class. This is all while our sex life is terrible. Honestly, she is not good in bed, and never has been. I guess I'm just completely done in this marriage. I don't feel respected, appreciated, or supported at all.

When I got married, I didn't want a business partner, I wanted a wife. I wanted kids, but I wanted to have a career while my wife took care of the kids. Now I'm in the position where I don't want to gently caress over my kids with a divorce, but I'm thinking parents who don't get along might be worse than a divorce. It's going to be messy if divorce happens because she is going to take a residency out of state. There is no way she can raise the kids and do a residency. But if we are splitting there is no way I'm moving with her because I'd have to leave a great job, and uproot the kids again. So there it is, I don't necessarily want to remarry, but I'm sick of fighting with my wife and want to be happy.

TL;DR done with this marriage because my wife is unappreciative, unfaithful, and uncaring, but don't know how to go forward without hurting the kids.

:yikes:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ElGroucho posted:

My theory is, the girl maybe likes him. But she doesn't hang out enough with him to know anything about him. She's not going to break up her current relationship for a guy she doesn't know anything about, but figures maybe if he shows any amount of interest, she might be ready to move on.

Meanwhile, this dude is on Captain Red Pill poo poo, thinking "NEVER HAVE FEMALE FRIENDS, ONLY gently caress THEM" instead of playing it cool as Dean Martin.

Go to the party, bring some wine, have fun, make people laugh, flirt a little, but make it clear that "alas, it will never work, because you are already have a boyfriend", and then dip out early. You gotta always leave them wanting more.

If she is interested in you, you'll know. If not, at least you went to a party, you huge reddit loser
Nah, in this fantasy scenario he should definitely not go to a party preparing to flirt 'just in case' a girl in a relationship maybe wants a new boyfriend. It doesn't make him a loser to not want anything to do with that poo poo. Not believing in platonic relationships is still enough to max out his loser points though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Leon Einstein posted:

Guy's so deaf, he doesn't even realize he's a woman.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Leon Einstein posted:

It's a woman that's trying to be friends because she's the only other woman at the office not a guy trying to gently caress her, though the "gently caress off geeze" sentiment remains

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

Wife prioritizes career over kids, not sure I have the desire to fix the marriage

This feels like...justice.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

"the gays"

I get along great with the blacks

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LadyPictureShow posted:

Everyone's The rear end in a top hat, support her until she graduates and lands a job, divorce and ask for wages because he put her through med school.

Become a burnt out careering-dad

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Piell posted:

How do I (24F) deal with coworker (23F)?

That's such a weird series of invitations from one woman to another

"i met a woman and invited her bowling, and to knock back some beers and watch DA BEARS on TV, but she doesn't want to!? What gives??

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Why worry about the effects of a divorce when your wife wants to leave the state for a long time?

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 24, 2019

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The Bramble posted:

Only brushes his teeth when he remember to. Doesn't own socks that go below his ankles. Consistently misses patches on his neck when shaving. Same haircut since high school. Only uses instagram to follow beer enthusiast accounts. Feels uncomfortable about most rap lyrics. STEM degree. Strong opinions about the Avengers. Has never liked clubbing. Knows his order at Wendy's without looking at the menu.

Except the rap thing and the beer insta thing, drat this one kinda stings. I don't think accounting counts as STEM either but it's kind of like, the STEM degree for stupid and/or lazy people.

Triple cheesburger combo with an extra order of nuggets on the side. Diet coke to drink.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
AITA for declining to spit on Nazi graves?

quote:

Me and a few friends recently got the amazing chance to spend two weeks bike-packing across Normandy we’re all really close and in a peloton back home so we were all really excited.

The whole area is geared up for World War II commemoration and memorial because of the 75th d-day anniversary a couple days ago and the anniversary of the liberations of many cities afterward. So museums and memorials were a large part of the trip.

The trip was going amazing and it was my first time going so places like the American cemetery and point du hoc were all very moving. The trouble that this post is concerning started when we came across a burial site for Nazi soldiers who died defending occupied France. When we’re done reading the plaques and were walking back, all my friends spat on the graves as they went past. They are all Jewish, so I could see where they were coming from, but I felt like that’s not a correct thing to do at a cemetery no matter who’s buried so I didn’t spit.

When I walked past without spitting as they’d done before me, one of my friends, that we’ll call Adam, looked at me funny and tilted his head. And we left and continued toward our hotel.

Me and Adam were in the same room later that day and he asked me why I didn’t spit and I said that I don’t think it was right to do that to someone’s grave. He said “it’s not just someone it’s a Nazi. Why are you trying to defend them?” I said that I’m not trying to defend them, but whoever they are they’re still a person. He then said kind of coldly, “they didn’t think my great grandma was a person.” I said I hadn’t thought about it like that and I was sorry and went to get some air. Mostly because I felt like there was no good response to what he said.

The subject never came up again. And we didn’t discuss it further. But I can’t help but feeling like they were in the wrong there, and this eye-for-an-eye stuff brings us nowhere.

So Reddit, am I the rear end in a top hat, or are they? Or is there no one assholy? I don’t know for the life of me.

The comments are as bad as you'd expect.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
"My wife is giving me every indication that she hates me and thinks I'm a total loser wimp. How do I fix this marriage?"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

My wife never understood that both parents can't have a career and still adequately care for the kids, only I get to do that.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

ElGroucho posted:

How the gently caress do you drop this bit of weirdness and then accuse someone else of being captain red pill? Grats on being weirder than, "no platonic relationships" dude.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Patrick Spens posted:

How the gently caress do you drop this bit of weirdness and then accuse someone else of being captain red pill? Grats on being weirder than, "no platonic relationships" dude.

Just hang out with people, sperglords

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

cumshitter posted:

Lol this guy sucks:

My girlfriend Dana does a couple things that stress me out mainly because they're illegal and I worry about her.
yes you should absolutely break up with her, you're cramping her style

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

Both of these people suck, wow lol.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LadyPictureShow posted:

Starter family.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Leon Einstein posted:

Why worry about the effects of a divorce when your wife wants to leave the state for a lomg time?

The thing that caught my eye was How 'me, me, me!' the post is, and then there's:

quote:

She was an English major when we got engaged! She had mentioned medical school, but It was definitely not the plan from day #1. Actually, when we got married, she didn't have the credits she needed to go to medical school. So it was forseeable, yes, but I would still say mostly a surprise

Sounds like he never expected her to get into med school, and now that she has, and he's dealing with being the 'main' parent as opposed to her as he expected, their marriage has gone to Hell.

It sounds like they both absolutely resent each other.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

MMF boyfriend probably expected a really specific scenario where he directed all of her actions, then pouted because she went off script.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I [28/M] am no longer satisfied from sex, as such, the sex I do have with my partner [32/F] is getting darker and darker, I need to turn this around before things spiral out of control.

quote:

Hi All,

Yes this is a temp account I have made purely for this post, I’ll probably delete the post and the account in a day or two due to the nature of it.

Do not really know what I’m looking for but any advice is welcomed.

I love my other half a lot, we have been together for over 10 years, everything is going great - except the sex and the issue lies with me, not her.

I am no longer satisfied when we have sex, when we do, it’s just sex there’s no fun, there’s no enjoyment, there’s just a feel good moment when I ejaculate and it is over.

In order to get that great feeling and sensation back our sex has gradually got rougher and rougher over the last year, sometimes even violent and that worries me and every couple of months it just gets that bit darker, that bit sorer, that bit more gut feeling this is probably wrong.

I don’t know where this is going, I need to get myself under control before this starts to spiral and I lose a great relationship from it but I don’t even know where to start or how I get that feel god feeling back from sex, any advice is welcomed.

To give some backstory here so you can understand where I am coming from;

I was introduced o porn at a young age, around when I would sneak downstairs to stay up late with my dad, that happened often, soon as I could masturbate I did, once I could ejaculate it happened daily, and then when the hormones really kicked it it happened multiple times a day, every day, for years.

This happened basically daily until I met my other half, then It moved to the weekend when I saw her, first weekend with my other half we had sex 14 times, we are both very active, even now we are having sex daily and have done since moving in together.

However like I said I’m just not satisfied anymore and have not been for a while, we have tried so much to spice it up, bondage, threesome with a male, threesome with a female, female domination, domination, as many sex positions as possible, hell even water sports - we have tired almost everything sexual that we can.

Gradually over time that’s evolved from simple kinks into some pretty dark stuff from both her to me and vice versa, if anyone else has been in this situation before i'd welcome any input in what you did to turn it around (or just general advice from people) i 100% know this is an issue on my end so its on me to fix.

Tl;dr: I [28/M] am no longer satisfied from sex, as such, the sex I do have with my partner [32/F] is getting darker and darker, I need to turn this around before things spiral out of control.

Someone asks about how he got introduced to porn by his dad.

quote:

When I was little and didnt really have any idea what was going on, his attitude was, you'll know one day and that was that

Someone tries to step in with "Oh, maybe he just meant R-rated movies. There's no way his dad was actually showing him porn."

quote:

A bit of both, it was porn, there was no masturbation until a couple of years later when we got the first family PC, and that was on my own, sneaking at like 4am when everyone was asleep until i got a virus and my uncle who fixed PCs embarrassed me in front of the whole family.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Tythas posted:

AITA for (WITH PRIOR CONSENT) taking advantage of my girlfriend's friskiness when she's been drinking?
:unsmith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My [25 M] mom [48 F] tried to put a curse on me to destroy my relationship with my GF [24 F] of 1.5 years.

quote:

Hi all,

I've posted on here before regarding my mom and her attempts to sabotage my relationship with my GF because she is not Russian-Jewish. My mom has tried to sabotage my relationship for a year, has said nasty things about my GF, has done everything in her power to turn my family against her and me. I went very low contact and my mom acted somewhat normal in these recent times, she wouldn't bring up GF, wouldn't say anything negative, and if she did I would hang up. To be fair though, she hasn't had much of a chance. We talked about one/twice a month compared to one a week in my last post, and if she did say something negative I would hang up on her.

Recently I had my birthday, it was a milestone birthday, and I couldn't think of a better person to spend it with than my lovely GF. My family clearly wanted to see me on my bday as well, however I made it abundantly clear to them that I will not see them on my birthday without her. This led to guilt trips/flying monkeys being sent by my mom about not visiting them. In addition, even when she said happy birthday to me, she had to chime in with a line referring to I hope you and your gf end this next year of her life. I was quite angered, and didn't speak to my mom.

Now here comes the real kicker. My sister, god bless her, who lives with my parents discovered secretly that my parents visit a psychic. She found an audio recording on my moms phone that was 50 minutes long of my moms most recent visit to her psychic. The psychic tells details of my life, what age I will die, how I will die... but the thing that really angered me is this psychic talking about my GF. Basically she made her out to be the devil, an evil being with a black heart, even going as far as to say we will soon have a kid, she will leave me after the kid, I won't pay child support, and end up in jail. It's extremely messed up because my GF is one of the nicest and best people I know. Clearly my mom ate it up, and the psychic offered her to do some black magic/cast a spell on our relationship to break us up for a nominal fee of $1000. I have no idea if they went along with it or not, but my mom seemed very interested. This seems like fiction and I really wish it was but its the reality I'm dealing with. I'm not a believer in psychics/black magic, however I do believe in karma/negative energies and I can't believe my mom would try to send anything negative my way, or pay to break me and my GF up just because she doesn't like her not being Jewish.

My mom had no idea that I knew about this recording. She sent me a message yesterday asking me if I can come home to help them move furniture for a house renovation they are planning, and at that point I unloaded. I told her many things, mainly saying who do you think you are to try to poison my relationship with black magic and then want me to go home and help you? She left me a voicemail crying and saying "she would never wish bad on me or try to curse/black magic me"... to which I added on to the text with the audio portion of the black magic bit.

She never responded to my texts, I received calls from my grandparents shortly after, probably to try to guilt me for being so harsh to my mom, but I didn't pick up. My dad also sent me two texts. One was saying that "you better call your mom right now and apologize" - apologize for what? Being angry that she tried to poison my relationship with black magic? I didn't respond to his message, and he followed up with a threat saying "You will pay for your mothers tears, I promise you that". That message was my final straw, I blocked both of their numbers.

My GF knows the whole story, she was extremely upset and disturbed by it, and honestly she's a little afraid. But I have a problem, a big problem, I really wish to have my parents in my life, but I want them to be normal people. This whole saga has been going on for almost two years, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Is there any hope to ever have a normal relationship with them in the future, what do I do?

TLDR

Mom hates GF, has said many horrible things about her because she's not Jewish been trying to sabotage relationship for over a year and turned whole family against me. Mom went to a psychic recently who spoke of GF as if shes the devil. Psychic offered to do black magic to break us up, mom was interested. I blew up at my mom after finding out, went NC..any hope for normal relationship with parents in future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqjttJwJL0

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Just hang out with people, sperglords
The dude really is a weirdo for inferring that this woman really does like the guy and is possibly looking to leave her boyfriend pending the results of the party she invited all her co-workers to.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

chitoryu12 posted:

My [25 M] mom [48 F] tried to put a curse on me to destroy my relationship with my GF [24 F] of 1.5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqjttJwJL0

This is amazing

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My (26f) BF (potentially fiance, 26m) together 4 years. He makes fun of me relentlessly for believing in horoscopes and going to psychics. He got drunk and publicly tried to embarrass me last night. Is this a deal breaker?

quote:

hello, I realize this can be a controversial topic and I'm not intending to inflame anyone's passions. However I will say that I know my experience with horoscopes, psychics and mysticism has made my life better and will continue to do so. I have dozens of examples of my life literally being saved because I read my horoscope on specific days.

So on to my real issue, I've been with Devin for four years. We get along really great most of the time. He talks about wanting to marry me and we even went shopping for enagment gifts recently. However as long as I've known him he doesn't agree with me on my belief in mysticism. Usually it's like light teasing like "you know your horoscope could be mine as well right?" But sometimes it's really mean, for example I was saved from an almost certain violent crime by listening to a psychic when I was 21--it's a story I use to prove Mystics can be real and have a beneficial impact on our lives but Devin is really cruel and says basically "she told you not to go down a dark alley in Park Slope. I tell you the same thing. $300 please." (This isn't actually what happened with the psychic).

Last night it got really bad because we were out with friends and Devin got really drunk and made fun of me the entire night. Really mean spirited stuff like pulling up horoscopes on his phone and showing the group how "ridiculous" they are. He did "readings" on a stranger and then pointed at me and said "she'd believe that bullshit." After that I said I was leaving and he was an rear end in a top hat and he said something like "did the crystals tell you that or are you that or are you smart enough to figure it out on your own?"

I left and haven't talked with him and he hasn't tried to get in touch with me.

Is this deal breaker territory?

tl;dr: BF makes fun of me for believing in psychics and healers. He was really mean last night.

At least some of the people in the thread took his side instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Fantastic Flyer posted:

AITA for declining to spit on Nazi graves?

The comments are as bad as you'd expect.
That's, uh, not even eye for an eye. Nazis did and do waaaay worse than spit on people's graves.