Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Speaking from years of personal experience, Seth is trying to convince himself more than he's trying to prove anything to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The fake it until you make it ploy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Huh, I never thought about Equity accepting wrestlers before. (It's basically the UK version of like, SAG-AFTRA)

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1143251863804043270

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ricochet and Johnny are related? idgi

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol yikes is correct

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

Ricochet and Johnny are related? idgi

It's a picture of Ricochet with HHH. He's calling his boss his dad. Definite yikes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

listen, if you haven't let your boss sleep with your girlfriend so you can both get promotions, you're not a real capitalist.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

listen, if you haven't let your boss sleep with your girlfriend so you can both get promotions, you're not a real capitalist.
yeah and hunter knows all about it

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

:laffo:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
ricochet is so unbearably lame

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Devotion is the mindstate furthest from understanding.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Low Desert Punk posted:

ricochet is so unbearably lame

he's like the Drake of wrestling. Completely insufferable but sublime at his craft.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1143088124701990912

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Ospreay on Twitter for comeback of the year.

Like overall, not just this one. It looks like hes done a self-aware 180 and it's good to see.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ricochet saw Seth and Dunne coming for his Biggest Suck-Up throne and just wanted to prove it’s going to take more than a good weekend from either to really take it from him for good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the funny kid I laughed at for eating poo poo on a IWA-MS opener is now the biggest corporate murdermachine nuthugger and I'm not sure if I'm amazed or amused.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

the funny kid I laughed at for eating poo poo on a IWA-MS opener is now the biggest corporate murdermachine nuthugger and I'm not sure if I'm amazed or amused.

Sounds like a logical progression.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

karmicknight posted:

Sounds like a logical progression.

before Ian Rotten's sense completely deserted him, IWA was an absolute super indie. Go check out We're No Joke and play spot the future millionaire.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/rusevbul/status/1143261897434783749?s=21

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Here comes the PUSH

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lol at saying google is good ruru you capitalist bootlicker

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
rusev you're in for a cancelling now!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Everybody knew what it was at the time, as well as the whole of the news coverage of it. We just didn't have a Trump front and center saying the quiet part loud so when we were like, "yo, that's racist," they could just "I don't have a racist bone in my body" or "I don't see color" and the media would treat that as if it were true or mattered.

biden is still doing exactly this, so not much has changed really

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

before Ian Rotten's sense completely deserted him, IWA was an absolute super indie. Go check out We're No Joke and play spot the future millionaire.

For real, mid 2000s IWAMS had some absurdly good stuff. First place I saw Chris Hero, Ricochet, Chuck Taylor, CM Punk (Punk vs Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero was the first indy match I ever saw), Tyler Black, Eddie Kingston (there was a Kingston vs Hero match at one of the Ted Petty Invitationals as a non-tournament match and it was brutal and hated and so cool) and plenty others I'm forgetting. It was so much fun. And fat guys in death matches were also fun.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

HerraS posted:

lol at saying google is good ruru you capitalist bootlicker

I think the gist was probably more meant to be "even a giant evil corporate entity like google knows treating its employees as subhuman and replaceable is probably a bad idea in the long run" than "google is good google is great see how good they are"

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Sadly Seth probably believes what he is saying. If you remember in the Moxley interview he said Seth couldn’t understand why he was leaving.

The guy makes a ton of money, dates another top star in the company, has a top spot and can phone it in for the most part every week.

Cody talked about in a interview over a year ago about how a lot of people in WWE had talked to him about leaving and when he went over everything it entailed most stopped being interested.

Seth is talented enough to work elsewhere again but I don’t think he has the desire to do the work anymore. It is much less work to put on the best match on a WWE show than a New Japan or AEW. Hell it is less work than a RoH show. He can put in another 5-6 years, retire and become a part timer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rollins not only has it good, but he's basically always had it good in WWE. He's had a sustained push since he got called up and multiple world championship reigns and big wins. He's been one of the blessed performers so like, its not super surprising he's not got a ton of empathy for the struggles other people experience and is super defensive.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Djarum posted:

Sadly Seth probably believes what he is saying. If you remember in the Moxley interview he said Seth couldn’t understand why he was leaving.

The guy makes a ton of money, dates another top star in the company, has a top spot and can phone it in for the most part every week.

Cody talked about in a interview over a year ago about how a lot of people in WWE had talked to him about leaving and when he went over everything it entailed most stopped being interested.

Seth is talented enough to work elsewhere again but I don’t think he has the desire to do the work anymore. It is much less work to put on the best match on a WWE show than a New Japan or AEW. Hell it is less work than a RoH show. He can put in another 5-6 years, retire and become a part timer.

The amount of bullshit a person will tolerate has a direct inverse relationship with the amount of money they deem needed to live the life they want to live. It's different for everyone. :shrug: Also, as stated above Seth has had to deal with a lot less bullshit in WWE than guys like Cody or Moxley.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Critical posted:

Didnt watch the show but it seems like Lacey is the only reason that match had any heat and otherwise Seth and Corbin would have clusterfucked to a symphony of silence in front of a quarter of a crowd. It's almost like hes trying to convince himself the company isn't stale as gently caress and losing viewers at a rapid clip.

I mean, that's largely because of the booking. It's Lacey, it was obvious it was all meaningless until Becky ran in. Special guest referee stip sucks, but way more so when you it becomes bullshit waiting for the interference.

There might have been ways to do the match so it had positive heat (maybe). This was poorly booked.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I 100% don't think Seth believes a word of what he's saying. He's got the top belt, he's a fan favorite, and he's dating the top female star. This is a dude reading the room, seeing the next WCW on the horizon, and cementing his money position at the top of the card. There's an entire audience of one for these tweets and his name is Vicent Kennedy McMahon.

I agree with this.

As to whether or not Seth believes/buys into what he is saying I couldn't say. But the tweets and "WWE is teh best, because we have the best wrestlers working hard to make teh best product. Shut up twitter nerds/vanilla midgets!" is 100% a Vince thing to say, and the kind of thing Vince eats up.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The funny thing is Will is taller than Seth and almost as big

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I agree with this.

As to whether or not Seth believes/buys into what he is saying I couldn't say. But the tweets and "WWE is teh best, because we have the best wrestlers working hard to make teh best product. Shut up twitter nerds/vanilla midgets!" is 100% a Vince thing to say, and the kind of thing Vince eats up.

It's that Seth is Triple H'd student in more ways than one and Trips probably told him "so this is what is happening, it happened before, heres what I did then and look where I am now".

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

seth 100% believes it lol, it's seth rollins he's not exactly machiavelli

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
What the gently caress is going on with WWE wrestlers lately

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who cares? We can guess at his motivations forever and it will feed into our own biases and presumptions about WWE and Rollins. You judge folks on their actions, not the secret yearnings of their soul. If he's being a defensive dick because he's actually a defensive dick or just because he thinks it will curry him favor, he's still being a defensive dick.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stephanie and hhh have been givin regular pep talks at weekly tv and major shows to try to up morale

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

Who cares? We can guess at his motivations forever and it will feed into our own biases and presumptions about WWE and Rollins. You judge folks on their actions, not the secret yearnings of their soul. If he's being a defensive dick because he's actually a defensive dick or just because he thinks it will curry him favor, he's still being a defensive dick.

Dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick.

How many dicks is that?

A lot.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fart blood posted:

They want their monopoly back, but they just don't know how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart blood posted:

I would imagine its a combination of the pressure they're getting in house as a response to AEW, internal conflicts amongst the wrestlers about the state of things, and guys reading a lot of pro-AEW/anti-WWE stuff online and not being able to tune it out. Rollins seems like a candidate for all three. Pressure from "daddy" HHH, conflict with the stuff his "brother" Mox is saying and the reaction to it, and lashing out after fans are ripping on a show he's main eventing, and specifically ripping into his match.

fart blood posted:

Dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick.

How many dicks is that?

A lot.

Well you know Seth.