Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
:hellyeah: at new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

chitoryu12 posted:

TIFU almost eating my cousin out in her office

I swear we had a story just recently about a dude accidentally showing up for a date with his cousin that also involved exchanging nudes before meeting and I'm wondering if this is the same dude writing wack off fantasies.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress Your Website posted:

Pretty close for a retelling from memory, I'll give you a B+ but bump it up to A- in your case as violent semen expulsion was not involved

Why the gently caress is she wearing my school uniform???? Why would anyone wear those on purpose???

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

teen witch posted:

Entirely unsurprised he’s Danish, good lord that poor woman. God this one is depressing and too real.

"but swarzepiet isnt racist you stupid americans" -racistdutch person who is about to throw some bananas at a black soccer player.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

TIFU by explaining my synesthesia to my boyfriend

7 hours later...

TIFU by reading a reddit post and learning that I am not normal.

Son of a bitch.......

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Patrick Spens posted:

Son of a bitch.......

Really? Right now?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

imagine that

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

bell jar posted:

imagine that

Or can't, whatever.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

7 hours later...

I can't visualize poo poo in my head either. I can kinda conjure the sense of the thing, very faint non-visual aspects of something, but I have to focus on one small aspect at a time. I can't imagine a sunny beach with a light breeze and all that goes with it. I can go through how the wind feels on my skin, what the salty air smells like, what warm sun and sand feels like, what white sand and beach chairs "look like" (in the abstract sense that you recognize an object as something, like a chair not just being a random collection of wooden shapes). I can only focus on one thing at a time and anything previously summoned up just immediately vanishes. All of these sensory things I try to conjure up are the abstract containers my mind for categories of objects, like a cat. Not any specific cat or what it looks like, but the bits that when stuck together equals the concept of a cat, the meow, the letters in the word, how their fur feels, how they move. It's weird, man.

As far as I know, aphantasia doesn't affect your ability to vividly see or experience things while dreaming, just the active ability to do so while conscious. When somebody says that a picture they drew didn't turn out like the one they imagined, I'm just like "that's dope, mine never do either."

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 25, 2019

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Gone Fashing posted:

reddit help i dream exactly the same way normal people dream and when i close my eyes and try to think about something i only see black
Congrats on also having aphantasia! When that article was posted a few years back I had the same reaction. I've read quite a bit of reactions to it and every time someone comments about it they seem to assume that everyone visualizes the exact same way they do and anyone who expresses more visualization ability is just using extra flowery language and anyone who expresses less is just being over dramatic. My completely unscientific conclusion is that it's a spectrum and some people really do see clear images with their eyes closed, most people see images but kind of blurry or vague or whatever, and some people see nothing.

I also find the dream questions weird because I do dream and since I have trouble sleeping I do remember them (when I was a kid and slept well I never remembered my dreams unless it was a nightmare that woke me up and I thought I didn't dream) and I know I can see images of some sort in them so I'm not actually incapable of visualizing, but I cannot create an image, real or imagined, in my mind when I'm conscious.

Yeah like that.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 25, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

chitoryu12 posted:

7 hours later...

I've seen this movie and it was directed by John Cameron Mitchell

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
AITA for not letting my brother, who was recently paralyzed with nothing to do, borrow my PS4

quote:

Some backstory: Me and my (1 year older) brother have not been on good terms in a long time. In school he was my biggest bully, and as he got older things got worse. He lived a violent, reckless lifestyle, always getting into fights, getting involved in gang activity. He's been to jail multiple times, and honestly it was a reprieve for me and my mom when he was locked up, cause it was hell living with him. He'd threaten violence (most often implied, sometimes outright) to me and her if he didn't get his way. He even put his hands on her once - that was the only time I ever fought back against him.

He hasn't been above stealing from family either. He stole my mom's money or car multiple times. He's "borrowed" money from other families claiming he was gonna use it to go to school or get a car for work, only to use it to buy drugs to sell.

Having been a broke kid in high school to being an even broker college student, I didn't often have much of value for him to steal. But I was always an avid gamer, so my game consoles were an exception. He's stolen systems from me three times in my life. After the most recent incident, I swore I'd never let him in my life again. A couple years passed.

Then he got shot. I wasn't surprised. No one was. We all knew his lifestyle would get him shot eventually. He survived, but is permanently paralyzed from the chest down. I didn't go see him when he was in the hospital. I was glad he wasn't dead, but I had meant it when I said I would no longer let him into my life. Everyone told me he was doing better, no longer running the streets (like he'd be able to), that he was settling down. My mom, as much of a pain in the rear end he was to her, still loved him, and wanted me to forgive him. But I refused.

Then. . . my mom died a month ago. . .

I knew I'd be seeing him at the wake. And I knew my mom would want for me not to hate him. So I resolved to give him a chance. And, yeah, he was much calmer, more mature then ever before. I had the first decent conversation with him in years. I told him that I forgave him.

A few minutes ago he contacted me for the first time since the wake, asking to borrow my PS4. He says he's bored out of his mind not being able to really go outside, and he needs something to do, and I mean, I understand that and feel for him. But I REALLY don't want to let him. Partially cause I just got it half a year ago, partially cause of the history. But I feel like a dick for not letting him.

So. AITA?

Get him an Ouya

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pinecone Sample posted:

My [21M] wife [43F] cheated on me, she apoligized and wants me to give her a second chance

drat this lady got a bang au pair.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

snergle posted:

drat this lady got a bang au pair.

Bang Butler for the alliteration alone

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Gone Fashing posted:

reddit help i dream exactly the same way normal people dream and when i close my eyes and try to think about something i only see black

oh sweetie

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

christmas boots posted:

AITA for not letting my brother, who was recently paralyzed with nothing to do, borrow my PS4

Get him an Ouya

Oof I'm gonna lean towards NTA but I can see why he's conflicted. Brother got what was coming to him but it sounds like he just needs to cut him out of his life all together.

Of course he's calmer he can't do poo poo lol.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

How much would a used PS3 cost these days? Does paralyzed crime brother really need the newest, best games? I mean last gen stuff should be enough to prevent insanity.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Hellblazer187 posted:

How much would a used PS3 cost these days? Does paralyzed crime brother really need the newest, best games? I mean last gen stuff should be enough to prevent insanity.

He already borrowed that ten years ago

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I was gonna say, I feel like buying him something decent but cheap would be a nice gesture (a PS3 and a few games), but it's okay to not want him in your life and it's actively a good idea not to "lend" him anything you'd eventually like back.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Blade Runner posted:

Bang Butler for the alliteration alone

i went with it originally but maids / butlers dont watch kids do they?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

snergle posted:

i went with it originally but maids / butlers dont watch kids do they?

Depends on how many paintings in the house have concealed peepholes in the eyes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for destroying my wife's bra in the laundry?

Really scared here guys. My wife left some laundry for me to do. I know her bras are supposed to be separate and on delicate. She's shown me how and everything.

So I sorted all the laundry and wasn't paying much attention I guess. I overlooked some of her bras and panties. Threw them in with the rest of the stuff and washed and dried them.

One bra looks like it got mangled. And I know it's one of her favorite more expensive bras. I know I'm in trouble, but I think it's unjustified. Rite? It was an accident. She's pissed. From angry to yelling then she screamed at me like I did it on purpose or something. Now she left to go cry to a friend's house cause my dumbass self told her she was overreacting. Which is how that screaming started. Now she says I'm an insensitive, dumb rear end in a top hat who can't figure out how to do laundry. When she's shown me two times how to wash her poo poo and apparently I don't care enough to pay attention. But when it comes to school I'm all so perfect so I care more about that then I do her precious bras. Now, I've done the laundry just like her. Sure, occasionally I mess up. She does too.

It really was an accident. AITA anyway? And double question, AITA for telling her she was overreacting and to calm the gently caress down over an accident? And I do love her and care more about her than school and she knows that. Also, she can overreact a lot.

Edit: About 80 comments and counting. Cool. So, the verdict I'm seeing is that for telling her she's overreacting and to calm the gently caress down was an rear end in a top hat thing to do. However on being an rear end in a top hat about messing up her bra on accident seems to be mixed. I appreciate all the responses. Now that we both calmed down and she came back she did admit to overreacting and we talked about how we both were so stressed cause with me being so sick, especially after I just signed up for some mid summer classes (that luckily don't start for a bit) which was expensive to our credit card. So, when I don't go into work, I don't get paid. So she's stressed cause she's trying to make up the gap by working more. I can't afford a hospital bill so I had to promise the doc that I could manage pnemonia from home and I find out if that was successful on Tuesday. Wish me luck please cause I'm gonna kill someone if I can't work soon. I hate sitting around all day. So thanks for the responses

Edit 2: Thanks to everyone for cool laundry ideas and tricks.

Mods, you can stamp that with me being an rear end in a top hat if you'd like to. I didn't really consider what she was going through and the stress she was under. While I still think it was an overreaction, I think she was justifiable in it. And dumb me never thought it was about anything else but the bra. And I was careless.

So, I'm an rear end in a top hat and once I'm better and we get caught up some more income wise I gonna find a way for her to feel special. I'm also going to stop responding to comments now so feel free to leave your judgement if you want, but I think I sounded enough like a broken record, lol. Thanks for all who did respond, I tried to reach out to everyone.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Antivehicular posted:

I was gonna say, I feel like buying him something decent but cheap would be a nice gesture (a PS3 and a few games), but it's okay to not want him in your life and it's actively a good idea not to "lend" him anything you'd eventually like back.

Not like he's gonna run off with it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for bringing my menstrual cup into the shower with my boyfriend?

This might be a bit TMI but I've got a dilemma.

My boyfriend (23) of nearly 6 years and I (22) have a shower together nearly every night.

But now he's told me that if I want to bring my menstrual cup into the shower I can't have a shower with him when I do. I don't understand what's so bad about it. I get that it's kinda gross but I clean it out before I bring it into the shower. All he sees is a clean plastic cup.

Oh and before you say just leave it on the bench in the bathroom, it's a lot easier to put back in when in the shower compared to dry and standing in a towel.

AMTA and should just respect his wishes? It just makes me feel like he's grossed out by me and that makes me sad.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for leaving the pizza guy a small tip?

We ordered 3 large pizzas as we were having some friends and family over later. I only had enough for the pizzas on my card so when the pizza guy came I tipped him everything I had left in my pocket, which came out to like 53 cents. We have a camera that points towards the door, my gf was upstairs doing something in the room and she happened to notice on the camera he threw something. She asked me what happened after she finished and came downstairs and I had no idea, so when I looked outside I noticed he had threw the coins on the ground after i took my pizza. I told her the tip i gave and she got pissed off at me and called me an rear end in a top hat and i probably ruined his day, said i shouldn't have ordered it in the first place if i didnt have enough and we'd go get something cheaper. I got angry back and told her I DID in fact have enough to order pizza (obviously how i bought the pizza in the first place or my card would've been declined) and that tips are supposed to be optional anyways so he was entitled for expecting more. She's still pissed and won't talk to me, i dont want the vibes to be ruined when everyone gets here. AITA?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We ordered 3 large pizzas as we were having some friends and family over later. I only had enough for the pizzas on my card so when the pizza guy came I tipped him everything I had left in my pocket, which came out to like 53 cents. We have a camera that points towards the door, my gf was upstairs doing something in the room and she happened to notice on the camera he threw something. She asked me what happened after she finished and came downstairs and I had no idea, so when I looked outside I noticed he had threw the coins on the ground after i took my pizza. I told her the tip i gave and she got pissed off at me and called me an rear end in a top hat and i probably ruined his day, said i shouldn't have ordered it in the first place if i didnt have enough and we'd go get something cheaper. I got angry back and told her I DID in fact have enough to order pizza (obviously how i bought the pizza in the first place or my card would've been declined) and that tips are supposed to be optional anyways so he was entitled for expecting more. She's still pissed and won't talk to me, i dont want the vibes to be ruined when everyone gets here. AITA?

oh man gently caress this guy

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for bringing my menstrual cup into the shower with my boyfriend?

This might be a bit TMI but I've got a dilemma.

My boyfriend (23) of nearly 6 years and I (22) have a shower together nearly every night.

But now he's told me that if I want to bring my menstrual cup into the shower I can't have a shower with him when I do. I don't understand what's so bad about it. I get that it's kinda gross but I clean it out before I bring it into the shower. All he sees is a clean plastic cup.

Oh and before you say just leave it on the bench in the bathroom, it's a lot easier to put back in when in the shower compared to dry and standing in a towel.

AMTA and should just respect his wishes? It just makes me feel like he's grossed out by me and that makes me sad.

If she wants to be super efficient, she should clean out the menstrual cup while she's in the shower.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA?

Clearly, yes. Giving someone 53 cents today is like handing someone a used tissue and saying "Here, you deal with this."

What a piece of trash, :sever:.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

this is the type of thing that would have started a multipage derail in GBS circa 2006

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope when he dies and meets with Charon he has to try and barter passage with the tips he gave in life

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [23F] boyfriend [23M] spent our one year anniversary money on weed

quote:

This sunday is my mine and my boyfriends one year together

At the beginning of our relationship, my boyfriend didn’t make much money. With a balance of rent, groceries, he didn’t have much spending money leftover after each pay. I made a bit more than him and had cheaper rent so whenever we would go on dates I would pay. This wasn’t a huge deal to me, of course it cost me a bit but I understood and knew he was looking for better work. I wasn’t dating him for his money.

Within last few months, my boyfriend found an amazing job for the summer while school is out, he makes more than I do now and we were both happy.

But now that he’s come into more money, he’s pretty reckless. We both smoke weed and usually he would run out and have to wait until next pay to buy some more, but he’s going through it like mad now with more money and i’m not even sure if he’s sober most of the time.

But because of all our small dates he couldn’t always afford, we made a deal back before he even got this new job, that our monthly anniversaries wouldn’t be anything big (ordering a pizza, seeing a movie) basically we would spend the day together and spend little money, but we wanted our one year to be a real date, we planned on going to a fancy restaurant and watching the fireworks together at a local garden.

When my boyfriend got paid last friday, I reminded him to save some for our date the following sunday.

He didn’t quite listen, he spent a night with friends, and bought his weed. I got at him again and reminded him that I really wanted to do this with his for our one year. I can afford to pay for two people when we were just seeing a movie, but I took more shifts so I could afford to take myself to our special night, I can’t afford him as well.

A couple days ago he ran out of weed, and was complaining how he wanted more but I begged him to just save money and if he wants any of my stack he can come over Wednesday (I have work monday and a funeral tuesday) so was offering as soon as I could.

Well, my boyfriend was with a buddy last night who doesn’t smoke weed but loves his beer, but my boyfriend must of gotten pretty wasted like night because he posted on his snapchat of him smoking a joint, and I knew he was out. He had to buy more, when I begged him to save.

I’m going to confront him today after work, but is it worth it? What do I say? I’m really hurt because we planned this for so long and now he won’t be able to afford it. I feel second priority to his weed right now.

TL;DR : Since getting a new job my boyfriend has been reckless with money. We planned a special one year anniversary date and I reminded him to please save his money as we been planning for months, saw last night he used that money on weed and i’m not sure if I should confront him

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting to share my son?

My son died at age 4. On the first mothers day after he died my husband got me a necklace with some of his ashes in. I wear it every single day.

My Aunt is not someone I see often. She got on with my son but only really saw him a handful of times a year. She came a few times to see him when he was sick but not often. When we were told he didn't have long left I asked if she wanted to come and say goodbye and she said she was too busy with work. I figured she was in denial, maybe. I certainly was. She then missed his funeral to go to a concert.

Her husband messaged me yesterday asking if he would be able to get some of our sons ashes so she can have some jewellery made. Apparently she asked him for one for her birthday as she really misses our son and wants to feel close to him. I said no because I want him to stay with us. All of him. Then my Aunt called me yesterday afternoon and said I was being selfish, he was her family too.

I still said no. She said she acted the way she did when he died because she was struggling with it, and was in denial. But so was I. But it's been 3 years and she's hardly come to see any of us. She's not even met our newest baby yet who is 4 months old.

So tell me, as my Aunt seems to think I am, am I being the rear end in a top hat?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hes dead, lady

That aint him anymore

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting to share my son?

My son died at age 4. On the first mothers day after he died my husband got me a necklace with some of his ashes in. I wear it every single day.

My Aunt is not someone I see often. She got on with my son but only really saw him a handful of times a year. She came a few times to see him when he was sick but not often. When we were told he didn't have long left I asked if she wanted to come and say goodbye and she said she was too busy with work. I figured she was in denial, maybe. I certainly was. She then missed his funeral to go to a concert.

Her husband messaged me yesterday asking if he would be able to get some of our sons ashes so she can have some jewellery made. Apparently she asked him for one for her birthday as she really misses our son and wants to feel close to him. I said no because I want him to stay with us. All of him. Then my Aunt called me yesterday afternoon and said I was being selfish, he was her family too.

I still said no. She said she acted the way she did when he died because she was struggling with it, and was in denial. But so was I. But it's been 3 years and she's hardly come to see any of us. She's not even met our newest baby yet who is 4 months old.

So tell me, as my Aunt seems to think I am, am I being the rear end in a top hat?

That's absolutely appalling. I can totally see one of my Aunts doing this and that would be a quick trip to sever town

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

Hes dead, lady

That aint him anymore

Wowee that’s a bad take

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
“You’re kid is dead lady just let it go and let your absent relatives have parts of him” said the goon with no empathy and/or life experience

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I've [38 M] really upset my wife [39 F] of 9 years, by asking her to do an an IQ test

quote:

I went through a lot of confidence issues in my teens and twenties, so in my late 20s I decided to sit the Mensa test to find out a bit more about myself. I walked out of there thinking I'd not passed it, and accepted that, but I got the acceptance letter a few months later. They didn't give me a score, just that I passed. For a few reasons, I thought my wife was high IQ too, but she always shied away from the tests.

My wife and I have always had a tumultuous relationship, but I thought we really connected intellectually, and we have a huge amount of fun together - she's definitely my best friend. I've heard comments from psychologists about how you tend to make friends within 30 IQ points and things like that, because you understand each other better. She's also passed her Computer Science degree with very little studying, something I found very difficult (it turns out I had undiagnosed ADHD, which I'm on treatment for now).

I was always curious about her IQ even though there was not really any big reason to know it. I felt like she also lacked confidence in her intellect and thought that by seeing it was high she too could feel a bit more confidence in her way of thinking. I encouraged her many times over the years, to try even the simple internet ones, and she always refused and I let it go until I felt the urge to bring it up again.

Today, I finally convinced her to do one I thought was a bit more accurate than the others (albeit still only a 30 min one), by offering to take her to this great restaurant she tried recently which was really expensive but she wanted to go to again, and I gave her the space to do it. When she finished she came in and said she didn't finish it. She's done this before but this time I think she did and was lying to me. I pressed her and she refused to tell me her score, and I said something dumb like "I'll love you no matter what it is", and she started crying and now won't talk to me. I think it may be significantly lower than even she expected, and all I've done by insisting is hurt her self-esteem. This is terrible! She's very angry with me and I feel like I may have destroyed our relationship.

I don't know how to tell her how sorry I am, and I'm totally to blame for it. I need help and advice.

TL;DR: I Pestered my wife into doing an IQ test because I thought it would help with her confidence, and I thought it was high, she did it but seems to have been disappointed with the results. She cried, is angry with me and won't talk to me. What do I do?

EDIT:

Well, I hope you all got that off your chest. She's fine, our relationship is fine. She talks about our kid being smart more than I do, even after all this. She had some deep seated issues regarding her childhood. Her father used to criticise her and make her feel dumb, on top of all the violence. that's what triggered, and it's something that she had been burying her whole life. It's out now, and she seems much happier. You're all a bunch of judgemental morons.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for destroying my wife's bra in the laundry?

Look, it's 2019, these sort of basic problems have been solved. :psyduck: at the price of bras and then opting not to spend a few bucks on reusable bra bags to protect them in the wash.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I've [38 M] really upset my wife [39 F] of 9 years, by asking her to do an an IQ test

lol what a dumb mother fucker.

Mensa Member indeed lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Haifisch posted:

what are the odds that this guy identifies as a "race realist"