Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

We done jerking off on TCC?

Have some NERD poo poo

The Question IRL posted:

Doesn't Batman defeat the genetically altered locusts by summoning an army of Bats to eat them?
Which I'm still not sure how it would work. Wouldn't the Bats then ruin humanity?

Zaodai posted:

Well yes, but we've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on bat meat.

The Question IRL posted:

But then we have will have a problem of too many genetically enhanced gorillas.
Fortunately we have a number of scarlet speedsters to deal with the gorillas.

Samuringa posted:

And that's the beautiful part, when Crisis time rolls around the scarlet speedsters simply disappear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jedit posted:

TCC have always been well ahead of the rest of the forum on the "dead" bit. I'm not sure that sticking things up their butts will help them catch up on the "gay", but it's a valiant effort nonetheless.

That's what the MDMA is for.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Big Beef City posted:

Some day you're going to be walking down the hall to get coffee when the lights go out and the communists assault your building.
At that moment several rotund IT members will awkwardly pour out of the now magnetically unlocked server room door near you, bump into each other, and stab each other on accident with these knives, providing you a convenient source of protection against actual harm that you can take with you on your travels.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Let's not forget that his biggest failure was still being a grown man who was indoctrinated into 4chan incel poo poo by teens that honk off to anime.

The alt-right is the most shameful thing anyone can be even though diaper furs exist.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

honk off to anime.
:eyepoop:

what a phrase

Hihohe posted:

It means no girl friend! For the rest of your days!

Shes not too young for me. Shes actually three thousand three.

Honk off to anime.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AlphaKretin posted:

:eyepoop:

what a phrase
[/quote]

To make it line up with "matata" I pronounced it "ah-NEE-may" which makes it sound a lot like anemic and that's about right.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Isn't that how you're supposed to pronounce it?

*ducks under table*

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Syd Midnight posted:

Armless guy came close.. IIRC the doctors recommended a full amputation but he refused and made them keep as much arm as possible, so he was left with this like, skin-covered bone forearm stump like a fleshy broomstick, because he said it still had some good veins for shooting up. Literally a limb whose sole purpose was to inject drugs into. He had pictures.

Holy poo poo, I thought the quote about not giving up "choice veins" just because the doctor says so was just a joke about the guy refusing to have his arm amputated after it died, but he actually kept his arm for the veins?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

You gotta pay 25 bucks to see the show and find out :wink:
Does that include tortilla chips? if so sign me the hell up!!!!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pentaro posted:

Does that include tortilla chips? if so sign me the hell up!!!!

They issue those big tarps for the first few rows like a Gallagher show and you just scoop it off

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The weird thing is, people usually gently caress the tarp after the chips are finished. I can't explain HOW they gently caress them; they just do.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Griefor posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought the quote about not giving up "choice veins" just because the doctor says so was just a joke about the guy refusing to have his arm amputated after it died, but he actually kept his arm for the veins?

Oh you dear, sweet summer child.

Yes. Absolutely and unquestionably yes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Plastik posted:

Oh you dear, sweet summer child.

winced pretty hard at this

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

winced pretty hard at this

same

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Phrases from popular shows entering the lexicon? I am shocked, sir. Shocked!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Phrases from popular shows entering the lexicon? I am shocked, sir. Shocked!

Bazinga!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Why is that phrase a bad thing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

freeedr posted:

Why is that phrase a bad thing

Oh you darling, sweet-and-sour spring chicken.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's not, they probably just have an annoying co-worker or something that uses it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That is a pretty drat common saying in the south and has been for a long time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
oh you rookie-rear end july bitch

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

There's a lady I work with, probably 25 or so, who calls everyone "my dear". It's kind of weird.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Untrustable posted:

There's a lady I work with, probably 25 or so, who calls everyone "my dear". It's kind of weird.

I've heard it said that when a southerner says "bless her/his/your heart" it kind of means "gently caress you"

I heard Lokeesha got a job at the cell phone store down John's Creek. Lot better than what she was doing, bless her heart.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Skratchez posted:

I've heard it said that when a southerner says "bless her/his/your heart" it kind of means "gently caress you"

I heard Lokeesha got a job at the cell phone store down John's Creek. Lot better than what she was doing, bless her heart.

It changes meaning based on context. It can mean everything from you're dumb, you're a dumb gently caress, general pity, a way to empathize, etc..

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

"bless your heart" is a versatile phrase that has never been used in a positive way. It sounds positive but it runs the gamut from "you got what you deserved" to "you dumb poo poo".

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I'm also a fan of the English "no better than they should be"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Oh you contemptible Pleistocene epoch mark-rear end buster

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Skratchez posted:

I'm also a fan of the English "no better than they should be"

I know what it means, but I can't wrap my head around what the words seem to be trying to say.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Skratchez posted:

No "kind of" it totally does, that's why you respond to it with the first string of profanity and insults that comes to mind ending with "Reb" like it's an exclamation point.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

christmas boots posted:

oh you rookie-rear end july bitch

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

I know what it means, but I can't wrap my head around what the words seem to be trying to say.

Right?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

oh dope posted:

The only goat I've ever encountered that wasn't in a petting zoo was on a farm in Texas. It chased and attempted to murder every small child it saw, and when it had scared them all into the house, it stood triumphant on the big trampoline in the backyard and pissed into its own mouth.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Kenning posted:

Triumphant Piss Goat

That goat, and the dude jamming out on fiddle while the little-person stripper does shoulder press-ups, are the creatures that haunt my dreams with visions of what I could be if only I had the courage to live my best life.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

peanut butler is a magician, and also a self-owner

Peanut Butler posted:

lol I don't care who believes in it, not going to waste effort 'dEbATiNg', but I'll say a couple things, even though explaining any of this is precisely like trying to explain marxism to someone's grandpa who thinks chuck schumer is a communist- a pointless effort when someone only sees the surface pop culture idea and is hidebound to deny the idea any legitimacy

magic is a means of ideological metaprogramming, it doesn't mean I can literally summon imps from doom to light my barbecue or cast speak with animals to ask my cat where he put his toy. it's like coming at ideology with more than just pure intellect, but with the full faculties of the mind and body, emotion and thought

santa claus only exists, in his purest form, in the minds of children- yet santa claus compels adults to do fake radar monitoring of his position, build plastic statues, etc- magic is all in our heads, but so is literally everything else we perceive

e: hp hovercraft, your av text is ironically a highly magical statement lol- thats not a slam on you, it's just kinda funny

H.P. Hovercraft's current title: "there's a world that we know nothing about, that we can only imagine... and that is the world of books"

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lmao it's a jack handey quote

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That’s exactly what someone who could summon imps and speak with animals would post.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Ah yes, i am a wizard because i am *checks notes* aware of shared cultural phenomenon over which I have no control.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ariong posted:

That’s exactly what someone who could summon imps and speak with animals would post.

Someone who could do such things wouldn't be posting

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RFC2324 posted:

Someone who could do such things wouldn't be posting

It turns out animals are really terrible conversationalists. Imps too.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Facebook Aunt posted:

It turns out animals are really terrible conversationalists. Imps too.

This explains FYAD.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Triumphant Piss Goat
mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Untrustable posted:

"bless your heart" is a versatile phrase that has never been used in a positive way. It sounds positive but it runs the gamut from "you got what you deserved" to "you dumb poo poo".

Nah, it can be absolutely be positive