Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Arzachel posted:

That's probably not going to happen thanks to the horrifiying mess of backend code they're dealing with.

Yeah they've said this is another "the game will self-destruct if we do this" things

it's also why they can't add a glamour dresser housing item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Intoluene posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised Raubahn Ex was one of the only major problems in Stormblood.

Man am I loving glad I don't have to hear that theme that much anymore.

I'd say the biggest problem across XIV's expansions on the whole are that they go too hard on their respective themes. I don't even care if you like the themes of Heavensward and Stormblood, you're not going to after they get played forever!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Cleretic posted:

I'd say the biggest problem across XIV's expansions on the whole are that they go too hard on their respective themes. I don't even care if you like the themes of Heavensward and Stormblood, you're not going to after they get played forever!

:same:

I was complaining about the theme earlier in this thread too. But at the release of SB I actually found it really nice, it just got old pretty drat fast co's they used it everywhere.

For me the best parts of this expansion where:

1. Kugane. That place is just so awesome and I wish they would use it more in the future.
2. The new classes. I think they really nailed it with both of them.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
If you don't believe ice mages exist, queue for 50/60 roulette, in my experience it attracts the most of them. Haven't personally seen one in a while (haven't even seen BLMs really) but they exist and suck.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

https://warriorsinthedarkness.com/

quote:

Make an impact on the lives of America’s real-life warriors by making a donation to the Gary Sinise Foundation today—and Square Enix will match that donation, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000.

Your donation goes toward national and local programs that honor and serve America’s defenders, veterans, first responders and their families 365 days a year.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
That's nice. :unsmith:

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Hommando posted:

Joined an in-progress expert roulette as a healer where the previous healer left after the first pull. The tank wasn't much better.

At least he did big pulls.

I've only done one dungeon with 3 randoms this month and I had 40% of the damage as a tank. One was a very new sprout, but the two others were synced down and presumably stat capped for the content.

I've got a friend who's been levelling MCH this week and I think now he's had at least 5 dungeon runs where he was >60% of the party's damage. I'm not sure what's going on, but the people in dungeons right now seem quite bad. WoW people who bought jump potions, maybe.

TheHeadSage posted:

My wish for 5.0 is they remove the restriction on switching glamour plates in the open world. gently caress is it irritating to have to teleport to a city, switch plates, then return to where you were before.

I want them to let me talk to NPCs while mounted. I want the game to not treat having a window open (like the marketboard) as weird and restrictive. As in, I want to be able to switch jobs and stuff like that while I've got stuff open. And the million other little annoying things we've stopped noticing because we've been putting up with them for so long.

Krabboss fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 25, 2019

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
One thing I’m worried about is the new song for the crystarium and eulmore. I love it but having the same song for both hubs of this expansion seems like it’ll drive me a little crazy. Kugane and rhalgrs themes by themselves got me to turn off the music for awhile despite how much I love both of them. The music is insanely good in this game so I hate having to turn it off.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I thought eulmore had a different theme that also changed depending on if you were inside or outside? :confused:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gunbreakers should alter their weapons to run off of aetherotransformers. Hire me Ironworks I have IDEAS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's weird. I can appreciate stuff from vanilla wow, which is something I played. I can appreciate stuff that FFXI did, which I never played. Then comes FF XIV 1.0 and everything about it sounded miserable.

Probably because Vanilla WoW and FF11 were up to date for their times, I guess? They pushed stuff forward, even if they had a lot more tediousness than we'd accept today.

1.0 was post-Lich King. It came out a few months before Cataclysm.

Draxion posted:

what the hell

I thought I was a pretty bad dragoon but at least I've used Fang and Claw and Whirling Thrust ever in my life

I think even better is that he has Geirskogul in there, so he was using Blood just... not finishing his combos?

The buttons literally sparkle.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If we had a thread for posting bad parses it would be named “the buttons literally sparkle”

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I'm fond of Yoshi-P's recent quote of how performance can vary due to player skill

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isk posted:

I'm fond of Yoshi-P's recent quote of how performance can vary due to player skill

That Powerpoint apparently had a number of bizarre translations, with that being one of them. I can't remember the correct translation exactly, but it was something more along the lines of, "The experience of the job can vary from player to player."

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
So dumb question but how exactly does early access work? Like, is it just the new zones or something? I'm confused how it'd work with class reworks, like if you'd have two MCHs in a dungeon one of them with turrets and the other with their mech?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

garfield hentai posted:

So dumb question but how exactly does early access work? Like, is it just the new zones or something? I'm confused how it'd work with class reworks, like if you'd have two MCHs in a dungeon one of them with turrets and the other with their mech?

Everyone gets the system updates, class changes, etc. when servers come up. Folks with early access can access the new zones/quests/etc. and start leveling past 70. The patch notes (likely available sometime Thursday) will delineate who will see what.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
If you've pre ordered you get the expansion on Friday. The whole thing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its not like a WoW prepatch or anything, its just if you preordered you get to start Shadowbringers 4 days early. It'll probably be broken and they'll have to hotfix it the day before the real release though

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If you didn't pre-order ShB, any system updates marked as 2.0/3.0/4.0 will still apply to your game on Friday (up to the highest expansion you actually own), but you won't be able to level past 70, enter ShB zones, or do any content marked 5.0-only. In practice this means your jobs will work differently but you'll still be limited to playing in older content areas.

If you pre order during early access my guess is everything will open up for you immediately.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Fat and Useless posted:

A few patches ago someone actually mathed out the dps of an ice mage, the link is somewhere in these 1927 pages.

People also used to math out fracture soooo...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Fat and Useless posted:

A few patches ago someone actually mathed out the dps of an ice mage, the link is somewhere in these 1927 pages.

@ iLevel 380

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017

Zoig posted:

I thought eulmore had a different theme that also changed depending on if you were inside or outside? :confused:

Oh that would make sense, I was just going off the music they’ve shown with the short clips showing off the cities.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Saint Freak posted:

@ iLevel 380

Turns out a well-played ice mage outdps's 85% of roulette randos since most hover around 3900 dps.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Add a vague score system at the end of a dungeon run, like the grades at the end of a Sonic level. The score will only be shown to a player and not the team. The game should be able to track how often a player kept up a buff, how much they rode the GCD, and give hints on what they could do better next time. It probably wouldn't account for stuff like Ice Mages, and it shouldn't really account for people less geared than their teammates.

I mean not everybody is going into a level roulette and trying to do a perfect rotation, but it seems like there's just a lot of people who don't quite understand how the game works.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

So silly question, I only have the HW expansion right now. If I wait until Shadowbringers is released would that include Stormblood in it too? Or will I still need to purchase that expansion too?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Natsuumi posted:

So silly question, I only have the HW expansion right now. If I wait until Shadowbringers is released would that include Stormblood in it too? Or will I still need to purchase that expansion too?

Stormblood began the precedent that if you buy the most current expansion, you get all previous expansions as long as you have the base game. Which makes sense, because the MSQ line is structured in such a way that not having an expansion of context or content would leave a massive gaping hole.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Not to mention straight up make you unable to progress

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

keirharder posted:

One thing I’m worried about is the new song for the crystarium

I approve of the bold direction it's taking.

forwards and sometimes sideways :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have met a lot of terrible players, and I can only think of one of them that was an ice mage. It's a vastly overblown problem. That being said, I can understand why some players might come to play that way, since BLM mechanics are counterintuitive to "normal" RPG play. I hope some day that they add newbie halls for each class that teach you how to play.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I have met a lot of terrible players, and I can only think of one of them that was an ice mage. It's a vastly overblown problem. That being said, I can understand why some players might come to play that way, since BLM mechanics are counterintuitive to "normal" RPG play. I hope some day that they add newbie halls for each class that teach you how to play.

I feel like job quests are underutilized for this. There should be more contrived puzzle-like quests like, say, preventing pressurized pipes from bursting with thaumaturgical temperature control that teach the fundamentals of rotations

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I've been playing this game for two weeks and: please reduce the abandon timer from 15 minutes, or the leave penalty down from half an hour. In 2 days now I've had 3 groups where either the healer afk'd on the first pull and never came back, or (even better) someone just idled right near the Passage stone in PotD and stuck us there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I've been playing this game for two weeks and: please reduce the abandon timer from 15 minutes, or the leave penalty down from half an hour. In 2 days now I've had 3 groups where either the healer afk'd on the first pull and never came back, or (even better) someone just idled right near the Passage stone in PotD and stuck us there.
This is some insanely bad luck, sorry. That sucks. It's not representative of the normal game experience.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In those cases someone should just initiate a votekick. If you leave while the party is lacking members you incur no penalty.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SettingSun posted:

In those cases someone should just initiate a votekick. If you leave while the party is lacking members you incur no penalty.

I think votekick is on the same timer as the abandon timer, isn't it?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

IcePhoenix posted:

It is. You can’t votekick until certain amount of time has passed, which the absolute shittiest of players have definitely used to their advantage to get you to eat a leave penalty.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

The game will be less bad to play after Shadowbringers comes out

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ugh, I forgot about that. Annoying. Is it at least reportable?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

you can vote kick after 5 minutes, abandon after 15.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

FFXIV: Summoned to Another World of Eternal Day and now I’m the Jet-Black Villain of Darkness?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
A few days before ShB and I have no idea if I want to play Bard or Summoner.

Bard gets a lot of good QoL changes and a Heavy Shot upgrade, but Apex Arrow looks lame as hell.

Summoner gets bird friend and clingy dragon friend appears more often, but making the mistake of reading a reddit theory thread on the class is giving me a dreadful suspicion that it might turn out clunky again