Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

re: DGR and his (as well as every youtuber's) dumb facial expressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbBu247aWE&t=533s

Skip to around 8:55 if it doesn't do it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I mean Linus tech tips has said that when they transitioned away from clickbait titles and thumbnails lately that the views for videos dropped quite a lot.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sorry if this has been asked here, but is there a list of recommended good styluses for a Switch? The one someone mentioned a page ago was sold out on Amazon and I've never owned a stylus that didn't come with a DS before.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

Sorry if this has been asked here, but is there a list of recommended good styluses for a Switch? The one someone mentioned a page ago was sold out on Amazon and I've never owned a stylus that didn't come with a DS before.

Digiroot is pretty good. I know one of the colors says that it's sold out, but if you select another color they are still in stock with prime. Get a green by Wednesday if you desire.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh duh, thank you! I'm bad at reading Amazon's UI.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I feel like they are all going to be the same. Any stylus that has the floppy disc as the tip should work just fine.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I've got a giant sack of DS styluses that I'm going to use...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Those aren't going to work, the Switch (and most modern touch screens) used a different technology to all the DS systems.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Random Stranger posted:

I thought DS stylii don't work on capacitive screens?

Edit: I got played

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
DS and 3DS screens are pressure detectors and anything will work on them. The Switch and most phones and tablets detect the minor electrical currents from your fingers (or something like that) so you need a special stylus that can mimic that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You don't even need a special stylus, just anything that's metal that you're touching. Grab something with a rounded end, like a metal hook tool or something and touch the metal part. You can use that as a stylus.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Those aren't going to work, the Switch (and most modern touch screens) used a different technology to all the DS systems.

Ah well, guess it's finger stylus for me. :(

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Asema posted:

Digiroot is pretty good. I know one of the colors says that it's sold out, but if you select another color they are still in stock with prime. Get a green by Wednesday if you desire.

Hey cool, thanks for mentioning this! I just cancelled my "by july 3rd" order for a set arriving tomorrow. An extra $4 for a second stylus that is a different color, and arrives a week sooner? Sign me up.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Can you still use a hot dog as a stylus. I think I have a hot dog in the fridge or maybe the pantry.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tayter Swift posted:

Can you still use a hot dog as a stylus. I think I have a hot dog in the fridge or maybe the pantry.

I believe you can.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
You should make each level with a different meat stylus, and use that to name your levels. This level is “bacon”.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

You should make each level with a different meat stylus, and use that to name your levels. This level is “bacon”.

Player: Man, what kind of dick made this unholy trial of hot, hot garbage?!
Me: :smug:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That French guy is streaming SMM2 again, he's currently running around a level using the new Hammer power up. There's a couple surprising abilities for that power up.

The Hammer will destroy Thwomps when you swing it and Mario can toss blocks out to stand on.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

DalaranJ posted:

Super Meat Boy Maker

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Q_res posted:

That French guy is streaming SMM2 again, he's currently running around a level using the new Hammer power up. There's a couple surprising abilities for that power up.

The Hammer will destroy Thwomps when you swing it and Mario can toss blocks out to stand on.

That ability to create blocks makes me a little more excited for it. There will probably be some cool puzzles using that mechanic.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Q_res posted:

Is there a link?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Here you go

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Q_res posted:

Here you go

Thank you!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrzYpdQyRmc

Good Ceave video that explains the entity limit and loading properties of SMM1, which are likely similar in SMM2

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Footage of the hammer suit in action.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Good Ceave video that explains the entity limit and loading properties of SMM1, which are likely similar in SMM2

have they talked to us about how we will unlock things.

am i putting 5000 blocks in a single level to unlock time requirements again or is it reasonable now

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Asema posted:

have they talked to us about how we will unlock things.

am i putting 5000 blocks in a single level to unlock time requirements again or is it reasonable now

Everything is unlocked from the start except for the 3D World hammer suit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Can’t wait to see what crazy stuff this guy does with 2.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is it possible to embed video with a time stamp?

I'm just trying to shore up my OP for the next thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DalaranJ posted:

Is it possible to embed video with a time stamp?

I'm just trying to shore up my OP for the next thread.

yep, it works just fine I believe, just paste the link with the timestamp on it

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
SALR seems to have trouble with timestamps, but they work fine.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

If it's a youtube video, you can right-click and select "copy video url at current time."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Cool, the OP should be finished now. Despite my endless inability to spell the word "necessarily" correctly.

P.S. I hope you like puns delivered by video.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I love them.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/c5jlyw/new_powerup_leak_spoiler/

So this is a thing. Allegedly a shop in France broke street date and one receiver played a chunk of story mode and had this power-up unlocked, the Superball from SML in the SMB skin. The early copy thing has been vetted as real by various people completely independent of this leak, so there's that context, and as someone degenerate enough to belong to the MM Discord server because I'm that hungry for any and all things related to this game, the way this went down seems pretty drat solid. The person who leaked it has been posting like 100 per-request screenshots of the game, the story lines up perfectly, and the footage itself is, well, the footage itself. I don't think there's much to the whole usual 'phone at an angle' warning flag other than they aren't online for obvious reasons and don't wanna use the capture feature and gently caress with SD transfer to try and adhoc appease a massive server that's currently exploding over this in real time. Plus the server has all the usual true Mario Maker murderheads pouring over it and the little things just seem to make it more likely to be genuine. So if this is real, and with the hammer/builder suit power-up being confirmed 3D World exclusive and a story mode unlock, I'm going to go ahead and behave like a reasonable adult and get really hyped at the possibility of each skin seeing its own unlockable power-up from story mode.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Awesome. The more powerups, the better.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I'm still glued to this drat mess because I'm probably just not sleeping until the game releases but with the way this lines up with string dumps that've been pulled by the usual suspects, it looks like Superball is confirmed but there are no other new power-ups in the listing.

So yet again being a reasonable adult has righteously owned me, however I'm still super pumped for a new SMB1 power-up after it got kind of blitzed with the whole drug trip mushroom losing its entire aesthetic, loss of costumes, no lanky mario wombo combo. Superball is gonna have a lot of cool applications, it can collect coins so I imagine that probably extends to red coins/keys and junk. It's like the most interesting mechanic from SML's weird-rear end janky experiment.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Macaluso posted:

HR LADY: And it says here under emergency contacts you just wrote "Mario Maker"
ME: [visibly excited] Mario Maker

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ