Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For refusing to provide my father with a reference to buy a handgun?

not the rear end in a top hat but should really consider that they're not really stopping anything - their dad already owns a bunch of guns, if their dad decides to shoot someone their decision will not have meaningfully impacted their dad's ability to do so

i mean, if they think it's still important to not do so, that's valid, but they shouldn't have any illusions about nobly sacrificing a shitload of financial resources in order to prevent america's next shooting spree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [22F] boyfriend [26M] “caught me cheating on him”, now everything is a mess.

throwaway because the whole situation is embarrassing and stupid and i just don’t want people i know irl to know about this.

disclaimer: i wasn’t cheating on him. i really wasn’t, but i can see why my boyfriend would think that i am, due to some recent events and some straining on our relationship. we’ve been together for 2 years.

the “strain” on our relationship is caused basically by my boyfriend’s depression / anxiety. he’s normally fine but there were some difficulties with getting his regular medication, he was prescribed different ones but they don’t do much to help.

this sudden change in medication caused a bunch of weird side affects, one thing being my boyfriend’s libido skyrocketing. except i’ve been super busy and stressed out because of school, and he’s awfully pent up. i almost always turn him down whenever he tries to intiate anything, and he’s never expressed any sort of disappointment and has never made me feel bad for “not being in the mood”. he never complains and he always tells me that its alright, but i can tell that it bothers him.

aside from initiating sex, he’s been more distant than usual. he said that its because of the medication, but he’s been zoning out more frequently and its hard to get / keep his attention. besides, the only other thing he does other than ‘initiate’ is sleep, or at least take a nap.

i’m rambling, but because of school, i’m rarely ever home. i always get home late, aside from the weekends. (we live together). i never explicitly told him what i was doing out so much, but he never really asked. (a dumb decision, in retrospect - i should’ve at least tried to be more transparent with him).

i was mostly at my friend’s house helping eachother with finals / papers / presentations. my boyfriend knows about him, but they’ve never met in person. he’s someone i met in class.

anyways, yesterday i decided that i was away from home too much, i invited my friend over to study. my boyfriend wasn’t supposed to be home until later that night, so i figured that we would have time.

we studied for a bit, then took a break to play videogames. long story short, i was doing something dumb on the game, my friend got “frustrated” and tried to take the controller from me, hence a ‘play wrestling’ session, except my boyfriend walked in the room and we were in a very compromising position.

my boyfriend didn’t say anything other than “sorry”, and then he left. my friend asked who that was. my boyfriend. oh. i went out to try to explain the situation, but by the time i got outside he was gone.

my friend apologized, i said it was no big deal. i tried calling my boyfriend, but he didn’t answer. i sent him a text but it didn’t go through. im guessing he turned off his phone or something.

my boyfriend doesn’t really have friends, the only person he’s close to that lives nearby is his sister. i waited an hour or so before i called his sister, asking if he was with her. she said no, asked me if anything was wrong. i told her no. my friend had gone home by that time, so i just sat around in the apartment and waited. the sun was setting and he still wasn’t back, i was starting to get worried.

i called my friend and he agreed to help me look for my boyfriend. there are certain places in town where my boyfriend normally goes to sulk, or just places i know that he enjoys being. we couldn’t find him in any of those places. it was getting late, so my friend dropped me home, wished me luck. i tried calling my boyfriend again, couldn’t reach him.

i was starting to get worried. his mood is really unpredictable on this new medication, and otherwise, the medication doesn’t really “help” with his depression. i was thinking, what if he did something to harm himself? i called his sister again, and she said that she hadn’t heard from him, she asked again if everything was alright and i told her yes, everything’s fine. i didn’t really want to get her involved but i probably should’ve.

its been 24 hours and he still hasn’t come back. i’m thinking of calling his sister after i write this post to tell her what happened but i really am so dumb.

truthfully, i haven’t been paying much attention to my boyfriend as of late and now i feel awful for it. he’s such a sweetheart and he never complains about anything. i could tell that he was feeling neglected, but i just figured that i’d make it all up once finals are over. i’ve been taking my own feelings / stress into consideration, and not his own issues. he does his best to be attentive to me, despite his issues (i.e. he’d make me sandwiches and quick meals, even though i know that he doesn’t even have the motivation to get out of bed sometimes).

it’s too late to feel bad about anything now, because i realize this now, after he’s gone, and it’s too late to do anything. where the hell did he even go ?? i am hoping and praying that he didn’t do anything to himself, all because i’m literally the dumbest person on the planet.

tl;dr: boyfriend caught me and a friend in a compromising position, he’s been gone for over 24 hours and i’m worried about him (+ he has been struggling with symptoms of depression recently)

what do i even do?? what can i do at this point? please, just, anything would help.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

That story is very depressing, especially with her absolutely having been actually cheating on him and him probably killing himself

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Death is good and welcome

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

Back in 2004 or so, when I was living in a townhouse with roommates, some state troopers moved into the unit next door. Within a few weeks they had the two closest spots to the units (the spots are right in front of the doors) reserved for them. Because I'm sure they totally needed to get to their cars a few seconds faster to respond to a highway emergency?

Cops are petty little bitches about the slightest inconvenience when it comes to driving, and get a free pass in the name of "public safety". Parking wherever they feel like, flipping on the siren to run red lights, ignoring speed limits, giving each other passes on DUIs, you name it.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-officer-missouri-hits-kills-year-walking-school/story?id=60217404

quote:

The girl, identified by authorities as Gabriella Curry, was walking on the sidewalk when she was hit, the report stated. Heese had driven onto the sidewalk so she could observe students loading onto school buses, according to the report.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My girlfriend thinks she's about to cheat on me.

Me: 21 yo male Her: 19 yo female

Okay, a time ago i started to suspect that my girlfriend of 1y and 9m wasn't exactly loyal.

A common friend of hers and mine said that he saw her get into a car with a guy that he'd never seen in his life. When i questioned her about it, she became mad and just closed the case.

Yesterday i created a fake account on instagram, and started to talk to her. Took a pic of a kinda cute random guy on the internet and used it as a PP. "We" chatted for a while and "i" asked her to meet with "me" in a local bar "just for a little fun ;)". She never really said anithing about having a boyfriend, even when "i" asked about it.

Well... It turns out that she accepted the date and we're gonna meet there next saturday night. I'm probably gonna record it.

TL;DR: Asked my girlfriend for a date with a fake instagram account. "We're" meeting there and i'm gonna record it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

George Costanza?

Potentially not the rear end in a top hat if he is willing to work with her if she joins another organized religion or a even a non-religious social club if his concern is her participation in the community. But we all know that's not the case and it has to be their particular strain of Christianity or else.

quote:

I told her if anything her questioning her belief is even more reason to keep attending to help reaffirm her belief.

No, he wants to brainwash her into a religion she's questioning. Didn't say a drat word about community participation. Also hinging your support on your kid being a part of any religion is an rear end in a top hat move.

And wait, what the hell kind of social clubs are you thinking of? How is forcing her into one of those any better for anything? "Look, I'm really worried about my daughter not participating in the community, so I forced her into an anime club!" "I won't let you talk to friends online unless you join a chess club."

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Blade Runner posted:

That story is very depressing, especially with her absolutely having been actually cheating on him and him probably killing himself

Just “play wrestling” with a “platonic” “friend” nbd

vvv That turned out to be a troll

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 25, 2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Forcing a kid into almost any community participation is lovely, religious or not. Like the only thing that has value would be actual community service like working at a soup kitchen or helping build shelters for the homeless, and this dude is whining about religion so we know it's not community service. Forcing her into a fundy book club where they can shame her for being a woman and masturbation and whatnot is not cool.

Dad is a shithead religious freak and is going to be so surprised when his daughter runs away at 16 and never looks back.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Scathach posted:

Forcing a kid into almost any community participation is lovely, religious or not. Like the only thing that has value would be actual community service like working at a soup kitchen or helping build shelters for the homeless, and this dude is whining about religion so we know it's not community service. Forcing her into a fundy book club where they can shame her for being a woman and masturbation and whatnot is not cool.

Encouraging children to interact with other people outside of school and home has value. Volunteering is a good example, but it could be sports or really just about anything. It helps with social development and is pretty important for college applications. If your kid is playing World of Warcraft all day I don't think it's out of line to condition some privileges like allowance on getting the gently caress out of the house.

But we have ventured way off the original scenario:

quote:

Dad is a shithead religious freak and is going to be so surprised when his daughter runs away at 16 and never looks back.

It is unfortunately and obviously this.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Okay, a time ago i started to suspect that my girlfriend of 1y and 9m wasn't exactly loyal.

A common friend of hers and mine said that he saw her get into a car with a guy that he'd never seen in his life. When i questioned her about it, she became mad and just closed the case.

Yesterday i created a fake account on instagram, and started to talk to her. Took a pic of a kinda cute random guy on the internet and used it as a PP. "We" chatted for a while and "i" asked her to meet with "me" in a local bar "just for a little fun ;)". She never really said anithing about having a boyfriend, even when "i" asked about it.

Well... It turns out that she accepted the date and we're gonna meet there next saturday night. I'm probably gonna record it.

TL;DR: Asked my girlfriend for a date with a fake instagram account. "We're" meeting there and i'm gonna record it.

This is a bad idea and he should absolutely do it and then post the video for me to watch

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

chitoryu12 posted:

Coming out as religious, [21F]

I'm hoping this isn't a troll post.
Of all the things that never happened, this one didn't happen the most.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADA

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Sure are a lot of fun-hating virgins in this thread.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Blade Runner posted:

My friend has just been extremely supportive through this difficult time. It's not like either of us wanted any of this to happen. I don't understand why everyone is mad at us.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (29F) am considering uninviting my fiance's (30M) best friend (31M) from our wedding.

Backstory: I met Matt 5 years ago and we started dating shortly after. He was best friend with one of his coworkers, Alex, who was dating Kate at the time. We all got along very well and became a close knit group. When Matt and I moved in together, we lived very close to Kate and Alex and we hang out all the time. We were all there for each other, planned holidays together and laughed about how our future kids will probably have to marry each other.

Kate and Alex got engaged last year and we were thrilled for them. Then they bought a house together and then Matt and I got engaged and were looking for a house in the same neighbourhood. Life seemed pretty cool.

Then everything basically went to poo poo. A new woman joined Alex and Matt's office, let's name her Tina. All of a sudden, I kept hearing about her. After work drinks? Tina was there. Gym during lunch hour? Tina was there. Office darts team? You guessed it, Tina. The thing is, all these groups used to be guys only before. Then Matt started mentioning how well and and Tina were getting along and I just knew something wasn't right.

Long story short, he ended up confessing to Kate that he had cheated with Tina. Obviously, everybody was heartbroken. Kate moved out and stayed with us for a while. Matt and I were in the middle, listening to both their sides and trying to make sense of everything. A lot more issues in their relationship came to light. For months it kept dragging on and they kept going back and forth in whether they should break up or not.

Finally, everything finalised when Alex announced he was now dating Tina. Kate moved back home with her parents, in a different city. Things seem to have settled down somewhat.

Now Matt and I are planning our wedding. I want Kate there, she has been a great friend to me. Obviously Matt wants Alex there, they've been friends since school. And of course I want Alex there, we are very close. The only problem is Alex asked if he could bring Tina. I said no and explained that Kate is one of my best friends and what happened between them is still so fresh. I don't want her uncomfortable and hurt on my wedding day. Also, selfish or not, I don't want this drama on my special day.

I have made it clear to Alex from the beginning that I think what he did was awful and I blame Tina for her part in this as well, as she knew he was engaged and still she pursued him. However, I told him I am not in the position to interfere in his life and choices so if he wants to date Tina and she makes him happy, then I'm happy for him. But I draw the line at my wedding.

Alex says he understands but that Tina already feels like a pariah in our extended group of friends because everyone loved Kate so much. He says he has to think whether he is comfortable coming to the wedding without her. Now Matt is hurt because he might not have his best friend there.

All in all it's a lovely situation. What would you guys do?

TL;DR: my fiance's best friend cheated on his SO and wants to bring his new girlfriend to our wedding. The problem is his ex is one of my closest friends and also attending the wedding.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

When / how to disclose criminal history.

Me - 31 M, GF 26 F. Dating 3 months

​What GF knows:

I dated a girl from the ages of 21-28. It was serious; I moved across the country, she moved across the country to be with me, we lived together, etc. I was immature; she correctly broke up with me. Current GF knows all of that, and nothing else about this relationship.

​Unknown details to her:

I was at low point in my life. I was a mess in every way. I kept trying to contact my ex ~probably 3ish times a week for a couple months (I know, pathetic). She got a restraining order against me, I was too embarrassed to even look at it or contest it, so it went into effect. I stopped contacting her. At one point she reached out to me, we talked, then I went back to not talking to her. I was still in a bad spot / a couple months later I started occasionally calling / texting her telling her I’ve changed. In March 2018 she answered, recorded our convo, called the police. In the recording I say “can’t believe we came to this, sorry, I’ll stop calling you”. After this, I went in full “fix my life mode”. I got in shape, fixed my career, fixed my bad habits, etc.. My whole life has turned around. For some reason, the prosecutor didn’t charge me for March 2018 call until November 2018.

I pled guilty in January 2019 to a misdemeanor, violation of harassment restraining order. It was embarrassing, I thought I’d lose a great job offer over it (somehow didn’t, after many conversations on what happened with HR), etc. Whole thing makes me feel like a scumbag. I received 1 year probation for it. For first few months I was on a random call-in for drug tests (which was annoying, I have no drug past), had to meet with PO, take evaluation, etc… The evaluation found me to be of minimal risk / felt I moved past what caused me to do this before; I passed ~7 drug tests, nothing else has happened, etc, so they’ve moved me to “unsupervised probation”. Apparently they run a background check on me once a month, and that’s it.

My lawyer is confident I’ll be able to get this crime expunged in 2.5 years based on my State’s statute for expungements and lack of other criminal offenses, but yea, its on my record now, look me up on court website and you’ll find it. I was very wrong for what I did, and deserve the sleepless nights and embarrassment it has caused me. I called my ex when she told me not to, had a restraining order placed against me, and then called her again. Yuck. I finally looked into the restraining order once I was charged with violating it. She alleges me breaking into her place, that’s false. During the current case she alleges that someone has still been trying to break into her place and she thinks it is me (also untrue, I don’t even know where she lives, nor would I ever do that). That being in there bothered me, but all the criminal complaint alleges is that I called her when I knew I had a restraining order against me (which is true, and I admitted to the Court it was true). If you went to a courthouse or law library to look at my case though, you can see the other untrue allegation listed in the restraining order.

​Present day:

- I regret what I’ve done, but just trying to move past it. I never want any contact with my ex again. Haven’t reached out in over a year, never will again. I was pathetic and kept reaching out to her because of that. I’ve worked to improve myself. My life is actually going great now. I’ve been dating an absolutely amazing girl the last couple months. Just yesterday, she told me that our relationship is going better than any she has ever had. I can rant, but I’m pretty smitten over this girl…

She knows NOTHING about what I’ve typed. I think she’d be entirely shocked to know I was capable of doing what I did. Do I ever tell her? When? How? I feel terrible hiding this, but I’m too afraid it’d ruin what is amazing…. I know that’s a horrible way to look at this, but yea…

​TL;DR! : When / how / should I tell my new GF about my scumbag past?

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (29F) am considering uninviting my fiance's (30M) best friend (31M) from our wedding.

OP is handling this the exact right way. If Alex and Tina find it sad that they don't get to come, that's consequences and life. If Matt is sad, well he's going to have to decide on why Alex's bad decisions get to influence his life so much, and if Alex is worth keeping around.

I actually think Alex gets this as well, but trying to involve your sidepiece with your friend group, who still like your old partner, that's lovely and I hate that people can be that selfish.

Really it all comes back to I hate people.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Tina is the most overpowered character. She's going to wind up being the only one of the three who goes to the wedding.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

WIBTA if I change my name to Wolfgang?

quote:

So essentially the dilemma I have here is my girlfriend dislikes the idea of the name (I'm posting off of her account to ask this)

To explain why I want to change my name you need to know that my parents are absolutely awful people who care more about heroin than their children. They've done nothing for me growing up and I had to leave as soon as I turned 16 to get away from them which led me to living in a hostel and struggling for awhile.

I've decided that I want nothing to do with them including sharing their surname or the name they chose for me.

I have thought about this quite a bit and I love the name Wolfgang, it just has a nice ring to it and I like the meaning behind it too.

My girlfriend says the name is childish and to pick something better as she can't see herself calling me that, she said if I change it that she will still call me my normal name. I even told a friend about it and he said it was a really good name and sounded quite impressed with the choice.

So even though it may annoy my girlfriend should I change my name to Wolfgang or should I choose something I like a bit less to make her happy?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Pinecone Sample posted:

WIBTA if I change my name to Wolfgang?

Wolfgang is a stupid name and his girlfriend is trying to protect him from ridicule

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HIJK posted:

Wolfgang is a stupid name and his girlfriend is trying to protect him from ridicule

This.

Change your name but don’t pick something stupid.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
pffft wolfgang is a great name and you all are just jealous you didn't think of it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

pffft wolfgang is a great name and you all are just jealous you didn't think of it

Is he a baron from the 17th century? If so then ok. If not....

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

A different person every fuckin day: well that's an interesting name, where did that come from
Wolfgang: WELL TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, MY PIECE OF poo poo PARENTS DIDN'T NAME ME THAT BUT I THINK IT HAS A NICE RING TO IT. MY GIRLFRIEND SAID
Girlfriend: please, Wolfgang, the movie starts in three minutes

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

she's still there in your version? very generous of you.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for snooping in my husband’s phone and being mad for finding homosexual messages?

quote:

Edit: throwaway bc this is my main account and this story is obviously embarrassing

I’m really upset right now. My husband has a pretty big twitter account. He gets messages from tons of people all the time, most being of sexual nature from girls. He’s good about ignoring them or curbing the sexual comments. He’s not usually rude to people, he’ll just send a meme and that’s the end of it.

Last night I couldn’t sleep and I just grew curious about his message content. We don’t hide passwords from each other, so I know all of his, and he knows mine. I logged on to his twitter (which he knows I do occasionally) and found these weird messages. This guy just started being extremely sexual and graphic (it’s about to get graphic here, trigger warning) about being “horny” after smoking weed and “beating his morning wood” and basically making innuendos to my husband! Asking if he does the same and if he had “morning wood”. My husband was NOT being sexual back, but I’m extremely disturbed because he just kept sending memes and taking about weed....and the guy KEPT MESSAGING HIM! It got to the point where he wasn’t even having a conversation, he was just saying nasty, graphic poo poo to my husband. Like each message was even worse. Finally, my husband just stopped replying.

This guy occasionally still will send him a meme and my husband replies. I immediately confronted my husband and told him how disgusted and disturbed I was that he was enabling this type of conversation. I said that to some extent, he has to be a little homosexual to not set this weirdo straight. I mean it wasn’t like this guy said he was cute, he literally was asking my husband if he was horny and had morning wood.

I’m sick even just typing this. I said that he is wrong for entertaining this, because had it been a female saying these same things, it would definitely be micro cheating. All day I have been laying in bed, just really disturbed and shocked. I honestly consider what my husband did to be micro cheating, so the fact that is was with a man is just even worse. I told my husband I’m upset and need time to think.

He’s mad because he said “he didn’t do anything” and I’m weird for going through his dm’s. I straight up told him I don’t give a gently caress he’s mad, because when I find poo poo like this, it justifies the whole reason I snooped in the first place, and obviously when your defense is “it’s wrong to snoop on my stuff” even when we password share, you’re caught as gently caress and trying to deflect the attention.

AITA?

Pinecone Sample fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 26, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

she's still there in your version? very generous of you.

She won't leave him until she makes her own AITA

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

Sure are a lot of fun-hating virgins in this thread.

:hmmyes:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for snooping in my husband’s phone and being mad for finding homosexual messages?

it's appalling that anyone would ever be horny online

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pinecone Sample posted:

Wow this woman is a real piece of poo poo huh

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

goethe.cx posted:

it's appalling that anyone would ever be horny online

These people have forgotten the poster’s vow.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/638936294937227264?s=21

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pinecone Sample posted:

Epic memery

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

Uh YTA because it’s Macro cheating

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wolfgang is a fine name but it's a first name, not a surname.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Lone Badger posted:

Wolfgang is a fine name but it's a first name, not a surname.

He's changing his first name to Imina.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

i knew a guy in high school who had 4 nips. 2 normal sized, then two about 50% smaller 2 inches below and 1 inch closer together than the others. he was ripped but he got so much poo poo for it he took to swimming with a tshirt on
Used to bang a guy who had three. He'd also had the extra one pierced. It was a good look.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

spite house posted:

Used to bang a guy who had three. He'd also had the extra one pierced. It was a good look.

Because I don't have antaphasia or whatever it is, I'm imagining this very vividly right now. Even as I type this I can see this guy very clearly, and I have to disagree - it is not a good look.

Also, he smells like he works on cars all day, but not in the hot way.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

HoAssHo posted:

Because I don't have antaphasia or whatever it is, I'm imagining this very vividly right now. Even as I type this I can see this guy very clearly, and I have to disagree - it is not a good look.

Also, he smells like he works on cars all day, but not in the hot way.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [35F] husband [34M] of 9 years wants to go on a 7-day cruise with our friend [34F]; just the two of them.

My husband was gifted a 7-day, all-expenses-paid European cruise for two, by his employer. It was a last minute gift, thanking him for a huge project that he led. The cruise leaves in 4 days.

He worked 60 hour weeks for 8 months on this project and deserves every bit of it. I am so happy for him. He needs the time off and it is an amazing, free, experience that he shouldn't pass up.

The problem is I am a lawyer and I am in the middle of what could be the biggest case of my career. If it was any other week of my life I would find a way to join him on the cruise, but this is the 1 week I can't get away.

We spent yesterday talking about who he could bring along with him. His dad, his brother, one of his good friends from college. They all sounded like great options to me.

Then this morning he hit with the idea of going with a mutual female friend of ours. He wanted to know how I would feel about it.

They have been friends since high school, well before I knew either of them. They have always had a close, best-friend type of relationship. I have never directly asked, but my understanding is that there is no romantic history between them. I have become her good friend over the last few years and love her to death. Early in our relationship I had some defensive jealousy towards her, but recently that has completely gone away. Until this morning, that is, lol.

His argument is that she could really use a trip like this. And he is right. She's had a pretty hard life and has never really been able to catch a break. She struggles financially but still manages to support two siblings (one with mental health issues and the other with significant health issues)

(She also happens to be drop dead gorgeous.)

I love that my husband wants to do something good for someone. I really do trust him and I really do trust her. But I can't seem to shake the jealousy and fear of what could transpire on a romantic 7 day cruise in Europe.

I'm stuck feeling like a horrible, jealous person, taking away a great thing from a great person if I say no. Should I get over myself and show the trust I have in them both?

TL;DR

My husband won a cruise. I'm not available to go with him. He wants to go with a mutual female friend who he thinks could really use the vacation.