Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

I think they’re making GBS threads on the cretin who produced that ‘comic’ actually. Which is perfectly okay.

I thought it was interesting and informative. But I guess since it's kind of long and has a lot of words, the creator must be a super autismo turbosperg who needs a wedgie, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Like seriously, it's pretty loving pathetic that the comic says "I'm autistic, here's a way to think about autism" and y'all are all "LOL he's so autistic!" The height of comedy here :bravo:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That poo poo sucks.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sometimes it's okay to... not poo poo on people just trying to live? Just a suggestion

Fister Roboto posted:

Like seriously, it's pretty loving pathetic that the comic says "I'm autistic, here's a way to think about autism" and y'all are all "LOL he's so autistic!" The height of comedy here :bravo:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Fister Roboto posted:

yeah if anyone has any right to poo poo on people on the spectrum, it would be other people on the spectrum, not some non-spectrum peeps

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

There’s a difference between attacking a person for being autistic and attacking a comic for sucking poo poo. hope this helps!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Do you think there's a non-negligible chance that that guy may be self-diagnosed?? I do, which is why I don't like that comic.

lol. same except for people with service dogs

Loucks posted:

There’s a difference between attacking a person for being autistic and attacking a comic for sucking poo poo. hope this helps!

What's wrong with it?

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Jun 26, 2019

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/sleepynook/status/1143166596061564933

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
This thread rn trying to deny the obvious truth

ultrafilter posted:

It's all fun and games up until someone is inspired by neo-Nazi fetish art to shoot up a mall.

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1143580028531335168

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Loucks posted:

Calling something or someone autistic as an insult is lovely no matter what. Might as well call them gay or retarded.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It’s a slippery slope, I tell ya. First we stop using gay as an insult, then autistic, and pretty soon there won’t be a minority group left that we’re allowed to insult people by comparing them to!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

We’ll always have “basic,” because white people in aggregate will always be garbage. Individually too, most of the time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

This thread rn trying to deny the obvious truth

As I said earlier if you want to talk about the venn diagram of people who are radicalized, 'autistic' wouldn't be in the top twenty. The fact that radicalization happens through nerd poo poo doesn't really matter towards that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah nothing in that article even mentions autism. It's just the same lazy rear end poo poo of "sonic fan = autistic". Get some better loving jokes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Punching up is always funnier than punching down.

Unless you're punching down to hit a dog right in the face.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ariong posted:

It’s a slippery slope, I tell ya. First we stop using gay as an insult, then autistic, and pretty soon there won’t be a minority group left that we’re allowed to insult people by comparing them to!

Stop being so ariongy

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
As a guy with a son who has autism with very specific language issues and is seemingly high functioning otherwise, it does a pretty decent job as a "starter" lesson. Not something I'd brag about hating for sure.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Comic...good?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm not going to read it, because it's a million billion words

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I'm docking everyone points for not going after the one poster that hates white people for using "basic" as a slur, when its root as a gendered insult could have been weaponized to assert that they hate women.

I mean, come on. Step up your internet twerp brinksmanship game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm docking everyone points for not going after the one poster that hates white people for using "basic" as a slur, when its root as a gendered insult could have been weaponized to assert that they hate women.

I mean, come on. Step up your internet twerp brinksmanship game.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

So good, thank you.

Wow, incredibly controversial.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is it still cool to act like nothing is exciting and anyone who's passionate about something is a loser? cause that's what this mostly feels like.

today I remembered that Spider-Man once had a Spider-mobile for no reason

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ariong posted:

There'll always be weebs.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There'll always be weebs.

Self-selecting groups are always fair targets.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
You can't say retarded anymore? I can't keep up with american norms anymore

What do you say instead?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Goon.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

What do you say instead?

It's not really an American norm, it's more of not being an rear end in a top hat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Collapsing Farts posted:

What do you say instead?

You're still allowed to say it backwards.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

What do you say instead?

There are like a thousand other ways to insult someone's intelligence that aren't commonly used to disparage marginalized groups. Use your imagination! You imbecile. You absolute loving moron.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

There are like a thousand other ways to insult someone's intelligence that aren't commonly used to disparage marginalized groups. Use your imagination! You imbecile. You absolute loving moron.

Except that imbecile and moron used to be actual medical terms that got appropriated the same way retard did.

There's even a phrase for it! It's "euphemism treadmill."

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I'm disappointed the spectrum comic doesn't include a category for "obsessing over hyper specific stuff" because I thought it was one of the landmark of the spectrum

Also he wrote "savent"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Except that imbecile and moron used to be actual medical terms that got appropriated the same way retard did.

There's even a phrase for it! It's "euphemism treadmill."

But nobody has used those words clinically for centuries. As far as I'm aware, nobody is asking people not to use them, because they're so far gone from our collective memory. Besides, those were just two words off the top of my head. There are plenty of others!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You can't go wrong with Nimrod. Also Einstein. Sarcastic insults in general are always good.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You can't go wrong with Nimrod. Also Einstein. Sarcastic insults in general are always good.

"Nimrod"'s funny to me because it's a Biblical name, not uncommon in Israel.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"Nimrod"'s funny to me because it's a Biblical name, not uncommon in Israel.

The Biblical Nimrod was a king and a great hunter. The only reason it's an insult is because Bugs Bunny used it to describe Elmer Fudd in a slightly less than sincere manner.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Also, adding 'Rod' to the end of anything makes it sound silly. Bigrod. Kingrod. Herorod. You just can't be taken seriously if you're a rod. With one exception.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I'm a fan of 'troglodyte' and 'brain genius', personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

I'm a fan of 'troglodyte'